PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos and Figure

Pdees
04-27-2008, 04:58 PM
WHat does everyone think? Or more importantly, what are national level judges thinking?

I recently had to (or wanted to!) get a tattoo to cover a..name:banghead:that I had for a while.....

The tattoo guy had to make it bigger than I wanted.... It wouldn't be so bad if it was on my lower back but it's on my lower abdomen....

I see lots of lower back tats on girls that place well...but none there.

I'm worried.

NYCStrongFox
04-27-2008, 05:11 PM
WHat does everyone think? Or more importantly, what are national level judges thinking?

I recently had to (or wanted to!) get a tattoo to cover a..name:banghead:that I had for a while.....

The tattoo guy had to make it bigger than I wanted.... It wouldn't be so bad if it was on my lower back but it's on my lower abdomen....

I see lots of lower back tats on girls that place well...but none there.

I'm worried.

Hi Patricia Dee! I think in the beginning, tattoos were a major distraction. However, with the tanning products and now the new tattoo cover-up Jan Tana has out, you can minimize the appearance. I don't think it's a big issue unless if covers a lot of your physique, especially an area that is being judge, like quads - think it would distract more on bbing IMO. I've seen some massive size tattoos that I end up looking at more than the physique on stage lol. Tattoos now are as common as belly rings. I'm sure the judges are able to overlook the tattoos and focus on the competitor's overall package. :)

Pdees
04-27-2008, 05:15 PM
Hi Patricia Dee! I think in the beginning, tattoos were a major distraction. However, with the tanning products and now the new tattoo cover-up Jan Tana has out, you can minimize the appearance. I don't think it's a big issue unless if covers a lot of your physique, especially an area that is being judge, like quads - think it would distract more on bbing IMO. I've seen some massive size tattoos that I end up looking at more than the physique on stage lol. Tattoos now are as common as belly rings. I'm sure the judges are able to overlook the tattoos and focus on the competitor's overall package. :)

Thanks. I sure hope so. My suit will cover a lot of it...but some will still show on the sides and top of the "v" in the suit.

Shelly
04-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Danielle (Nellie on here) has one around her belly button. She is currently having it removed with treatments...but she coered it last year and you coulsdn't tell.

Vanessa and I were just talking about this yesterday. She said last year she used some product made for covering scars that really worked b/ shes got a lotta tats.

i have one on my lower back but thats it!

NPCFigure 40
04-27-2008, 07:43 PM
I have one on my low back, and on my ankle, and I never covered them. I watched a video that Sandy Renalli (sp?) was in, she was doing a seminar with figure competitiors and she said not to cover them because the products used to cover them can be seen by judges and can be distracting.....

I got this DVD 3 years ago, so It seems like things have changed alot since this video,both with better products to cover tatoos and tattoos being more acceptable.

dvsness
04-27-2008, 10:01 PM
I use a product called Colortration (http://www.colortration.com/) between coats of Jan Tana.

I have 9 tattoos.

Before:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l319/dvsnessa/592a0dbc.jpg

After:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l319/dvsnessa/35022b63.jpg

Ondrea
04-27-2008, 10:12 PM
im self conscious about mine. i just emailed mike about them but he sid not to even worry about them bc so many women have them nowadasy, but i think i will cover them up still. i have bought the jan tana cover up, colortration and dermablend, i have never been able to successfully cover them but i dont think i put enough coats on of teh cover up and i think i should have waited for it to dry before i applied my jan tan.

i mean, i know they say it does not matter, but just like terry goodland said in a post a whiel ago..it went something like this, all judges have different favorite looks, some like girl next door blonds, other like exotic brunettes...etc. i think some probably have the same notion on tats. i know my dad hates them. if it was between 2 women, both with phenominal physiques and both having the overall pakackge, but one had tats and the other did not, my dad would pick no tat girl.

kitty kat
04-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Dermablend works great, but this time around I just used my jantana products and they didn't show much.. (i think)... lol

Pdees
04-28-2008, 12:02 AM
Thanks everyone. And VANESSA----

WOW!

That one down your back is non existant. I am gonna HAVE to get that stuff.

KP DIVA
04-28-2008, 12:09 AM
I have 2 tats....never really thought much about them..one on my lower back and one on my ankle. There not in areas that would distract the judge from my physique, so I've never considered covering them.

Vanessa, I can't believe that the product completely covered your tatoo!! I would have never believed it if I hadn't seen it!!! Wow!

jlay
04-28-2008, 12:25 AM
Danielle (Nellie on here) has one around her belly button. She is currently having it removed with treatments...but she coered it last year and you coulsdn't tell.

Vanessa and I were just talking about this yesterday. She said last year she used some product made for covering scars that really worked b/ shes got a lotta tats.

i have one on my lower back but thats it!
I've got one I really want removed, but I've heard that after they remove it that spot will never tan & it will always look discolored in that area. I've also heard it is still kinda visible. I'd love to hear about how this works for her!

Amber
04-28-2008, 01:28 AM
My girlfriend has wings across her lower back HUGE HUGE tattoo. She used dermablend on hers and you couldnt even see it. She used 'DARK' ;) I have one, but i dont think it has been an issue..

Amber
04-28-2008, 01:30 AM
I've got one I really want removed, but I've heard that after they remove it that spot will never tan & it will always look discolored in that area. I've also heard it is still kinda visible. I'd love to hear about how this works for her!

That's not true actually. Ive had 6 tattoos removed, and you can not tell at all. It does tan over very well :)

Siouxcountry
04-28-2008, 01:32 AM
That's not true actually. Ive had 6 tattoos removed, and you can not tell at all. It does tan over very well :)

I heard it's painful to have tattoos removed?

ripitupbaby
04-28-2008, 01:38 AM
Holy Cow Vanessa...that cover up stuff is amazing! :shocked:

Amber
04-28-2008, 01:41 AM
I heard it's painful to have tattoos removed?

Oh yea. Im not one to be whimpy (obviously if i once had 7) but letttt mee telll you!! It feels like your getting zapped with tiny knives. Its 20 times worse than getting a tattoo.

I was one of those teenagers that just needed to do before she thought. I paid the price, but i am free and clear. I only have one on my lower back to date. No more coming either ;)