PDA

View Full Version : Embracing change and finding a new passion!

train2day
12-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Seizing the Second Chance..

After being married for 20 years I found myself single again with 2 kids in college. I visited Dallas and decided there was more opportunity there than in Okla for me so I packed up and moved by myself to Dallas to start over.
I take a day at a time and have decided that with all the change that occurs in life, expected and unexpected, you have to embrace change and adjust your life to what is appropriate for your new circumstances. We are not the same person we were 20 years ago only older...we are different and need to be able to step out of that comfort zone of the past and find the passion inside of us and do the things that we have always wanted to do and the things that we need to do. It's only too late if you never try. Each experience makes us stronger and better and wiser, hopefully, and helps us to become the best person we can be.
I have pursued my passion in the fitness industry and am now the Fitness Manager and CPT at a gym here in Dallas. And I am now doing something that has brought me the most joy in this stage of my life...training for competitions. I discovered the best trainer in Dallas, Sagi Kalev and competed in my first show in April...I tried figure but was too muscular and striated and was told to do BB...why not..I gave it a try not even knowing the first thing about posing or routines and met with Sheilahe Brown to coach me in that area. I loved it! In my first show I placed 1st in Ltwgt, 1st in Masters and was chosen Best Female Poser for the whole competition...Lone Star Classic here in Texas..I have found this new challenge to be absolutely fascinating, educational and so much fun! I would have never done this had I not stepped out of my comfort zone in Oklahoma. Adversity brings opportunity. It is our choice and our attitude about how we choose to look at the adversity that allows us to find the opportunity. It is empowering to take charge of your life and your health and do the things you thought were dreams and make it a reality. Don't let age or any other limitation keep you from doing what you truly desire in your heart to do. When you surround yourself with successful people, good people and believe in yourself, good things happen and anything is possible!

I competed in Europa and Heart of Texas where I also won Lightweight Masters and Overall..so why not try Nationals...
Best Experience EVER!!!

Although I placed 9th in Lightweight..I feel I was in my best personal condition ever and made some significant changes since my first BB contest ever in June...I realized most everyone there had been doing this for quite sometime so for my first year competing I am pleased.
Everyone was so nice and wonderful at Nationals and in incredible condition! I want to make some improvements and continue pursuing this new passion in 2010!
I have learned so much this year and love all the insight here on Sioux Country..Thanks so much....

Also wanted to mention I am 50 years old...Like I said ..it's never too late to try something new!

Elizabeth Schneider (Beth)

Michelle Brent
12-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Thats is a fantastic story and post Elizabeth!1 Glad to see you make the change to bodybuilding!! If you do the Masters it is a fantastic show!! I will be at it for the 5th yr in a row!!! Have a good off season and enjoy your new home and kids!! Say Hi to Sheilahe for me!!

teri
12-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Congrats- U look awesome and thanks for sharing ur story:respect:

KP DIVA
12-07-2009, 12:56 AM
Hi Elizabeth!! So inspiring, thanks for sharing your story! I agree, a lot of times if we are brave enough to just step out of the box/comfort zone we open ourselves up to all types of happiness!! Best of luck in 2010.

Siouxcountry
12-07-2009, 01:24 AM
What an awesome introduction! :awesome:

I had no idea you were 50 years old!!!

You look incredible Elizabeth! I'm glad you posted. Make yourself at home here. :)

train2day
12-07-2009, 01:33 AM
Aww..Thanks everyone...such a nice warm welcome..glad to be here and looking forward to getting to know everyone! Happy Holidays to all and thanks for the wonderful replies:-)

Beth

ripitupbaby
12-07-2009, 01:40 AM
Awesome Beth! Great story... welcome, hope you stick around. :)

BikiniRenee
12-07-2009, 01:46 AM
Thanks for sharing!

train2day
12-07-2009, 01:46 AM
Thanks Lori and Congrats to you! You were amazing at Nationals and I was thrilled to be on the stage with you! Best of luck Pro!

Nichole O.
12-07-2009, 08:53 AM
You look amazing and that is an awesome story!
All things are possible when we believe in the power of our own dreams.

Your story is incredibly inspirational!

lesliemirinda
12-07-2009, 12:48 PM
What an amazing and inspiring story!

misssuzie
12-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Thank you for sharing your inspirational story!

train2day
12-08-2009, 03:53 AM
Oh wow..I'm so happy to share it and thrilled that it would touch anyone in some way...we all have it inside of us...we don't know what we've lost sometimes til its gone but on the other hand, we don't know what we've missed until it arrives! Thanks everyone!

sweetjane57
12-08-2009, 04:33 AM
awe inspiring.....
:bowdown:

JasonAdams
01-10-2010, 05:41 AM
Beth I am so honored to ahve become your friend, and to ahve you as part of my blog. Your Physique, is eclipsed only by your beauty. You are an inspiration to me as I beging my bodybuilding

Iron Diva
01-10-2010, 03:53 PM
I just ran across this and wanted to take a moment to say you look just incredible. You should be so proud of what you have accomplished.
Women like you are part of the reason I went into business. I wanted an outlet to reach out to women at all walks of life and help them to pursue their dreams. I love competing and want to encourage others who are interested in the sport. I have run into too many women who are intimidated by the process. I aim to make it less of a mystery so others will see it is obtainable. I am hosting mt first free competition informational meeting next weekend for women who want more information on how to start.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful story about pursuing your passion!

train2day
01-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Sandy, Thanks for your kind words ,,,means a lot to me...You are doing great things here! Its a wonderful feeling to help others feel so great too! Good luck with all your plans in 2010....I'm excited for a great year and can't wait to be on stage at the Arnold! What a dream!