PDA

View Full Version : New round added to the Figure International *UPDATE: No new round will be added, the Arnold website has / had it wrong*

NYCStrongFox
12-15-2009, 11:36 PM
For Ms. IFBB Figure International, I noticed this a few weeks ago and was discussing it with the girls this past weekend...

The competition features three rounds of quarter turns in different attires. In the first round, competitors wear a black bikini and black stiletto shoes. In Round 2, they change into a one-piece swimsuit of their choice and stiletto pump of any color. In Round 3, a bikini suit and high-heels of the contestant’s choice may be worn.

So, the figure competitors will now wear black bikini's and black stilettos for the first round? This will be interesting to see since I've never seen it done at a show here in the states.

Link... http://www.arnoldsportsfestival.com/home/sports-and-events/figure-international.html

LizaFit
12-15-2009, 11:55 PM
For Ms. IFBB Figure International, I noticed this a few weeks ago and was discussing it with the girls this past weekend...

The competition features three rounds of quarter turns in different attires. In the first round, competitors wear a black bikini and black stiletto shoes. In Round 2, they change into a one-piece swimsuit of their choice and stiletto pump of any color. In Round 3, a bikini suit and high-heels of the contestant’s choice may be worn.

So, the figure competitors will now wear black bikini's and black stilettos for the first round? This will be interesting to see since I've never seen it done at a show here in the states.

Hi Chica! yes this is interesting! I think it's a great idea to see the competitors in a similar suit void of jewels and color so the physiques can be better compared... like in the Ms. America pageants.. they have to wear the same suits.. same style and cut. This is the first I've heard of this here in the US as well.. :popcorn: I like the idea though!

Siouxcountry
12-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Thanks for bringing this to our attention Mel. :)

Just like they do in Canada...........

http://www.cbbf.ca/info_full.asp?id=3

Prejudging: Attire for Round 1 (Two-Piece Bikini)
The attire for Round 1 (Two-Piece Bikini) will conform to the following criteria:
The bikini will be plain opaque two-piece in style.
The bikini will be solid black in color.
The bikini fabric will be cloth in material (no plastic, rubberized or similar material).
The bikini will be matt in texture (no shiny material).
The bikini will contain no ornamentation, frills, lacework edges or borders.
The bikini will cover a minimum of ½ of the gluteus maximus.
High-heels will be worn during this round. Shoe style must be black, classic stiletto pump, with an open or closed toe and heel. Sole thickness will be no greater than 6.35 millimeters (¼”); stiletto height will be no greater than 127 millimeters (5”). Platform high-heels will be strictly prohibited.
The hair may be styled.
Except for a wedding ring and/or small stud-type earrings, jewelry will not be worn.
The CBBF Chief Official, or a delegated representative, will have the right to determine if a competitor’s attire meets an acceptable standard of taste and decency.

NYCStrongFox
12-16-2009, 12:42 AM
Hi Chica! yes this is interesting! I think it's a great idea to see the competitors in a similar suit void of jewels and color so the physiques can be better compared... like in the Ms. America pageants.. they have to wear the same suits.. same style and cut. This is the first I've heard of this here in the US as well.. :popcorn: I like the idea though!

Hey mama! I like the idea too. Are you planning to come out to the Arnold?

titonej
12-16-2009, 01:03 AM
Going to add a lot of time to the show!!!!! :waving:

Shelly
12-16-2009, 01:08 AM
WOW THATS INTERESTING:popcorn: do you really think itll make a difference tho?

titonej
12-16-2009, 01:11 AM
WOW THATS INTERESTING:popcorn: do you really think itll make a difference tho?

no

Shelly
12-16-2009, 01:21 AM
no

me neither lol

tkokayde
12-16-2009, 01:22 AM
Is this just for the Arnold, or do we think it will be throughout the IFBB Pro shows?

It's interesting. I'm a little surprised. I had thought they were cutting rounds to save time (such as Fitness one-piece and 45 sec. routines). Should be neat to see it!

Laura Bailey
12-16-2009, 01:32 AM
Ewww!
Why don't they just turn figure into a straight beauty pagent.......sports wear and and evening gown round as well! Then we can all get sleeping bags and watch an all nighter show......:nuts: :rofl:

KP DIVA
12-16-2009, 02:01 AM
Is this just for the Arnold, or do we think it will be throughout the IFBB Pro shows?

It's interesting. I'm a little surprised. I had thought they were cutting rounds to save time (such as Fitness one-piece and 45 sec. routines). Should be neat to see it!

That's what I thought too! Seems like they are contradicting themselves. They want to save time w/ fitness by deleting a round, but then they add another round in figure.....so seems like we are right back where we started as far as time is concerned.

Will be interesting to see if everyone being judged in similar suits will make a difference w/ the scores.

Pro Jamie Senuk
12-16-2009, 02:12 AM
Ya, this is what's done in Canadian shows and all I can say is our shows are loooooooong!!! Not only for the competitors, but the audience as well.

It will be nice though because I really do feel it allows the physiques to be judged a little more accurately and without the distraction or enhancement of the bling. Puts more emphasis on the physique, which is how it should be.

IMO, I would love to see this in all IFBB Pro shows and ditch the one piece. One pieces are always harder to fit correctly (or flattering!) and the two piece leaves nothing to hide!!!

Jamie

TameMe
12-16-2009, 03:03 AM
I'm with you Kayde, the cut out 1 pc on the fitness gals and the 45 sec routines to cut down time but added more time to the figure gals....... odd

I agree with you Jamie I wouldn't mind seeing the black suit and no 1 piece. I think that would make sense.

vancouverchick
12-16-2009, 03:26 AM
canada just nixed the one pc and just has the black 2 pc and colour 2 pc --- something has to go - those shows are going to be LOOOOONG!!!

I don't think it's fair that fitness has to suffer on this --- it seems to be wrong to be cutting in that category and adding to another!

tkokayde
12-16-2009, 03:35 AM
I'm not complaining about the removal of the one-piece and 45 sec. routine rounds in Fitness. I think it was good to take these out as it reduces costs for competitors and cuts down on injury. I had just thought eventually the goal was to cut the one-piece out completely.

vancouverchick
12-16-2009, 03:37 AM
maybe this is the TEST RUN for the 2 pc black - with the intention of it replacing the one pc in future comps??? kinda try it out first and make sure it indeed is needed!??

Siouxcountry
12-16-2009, 03:48 AM
maybe this is the TEST RUN for the 2 pc black - with the intention of it replacing the one pc in future comps??? kinda try it out first and make sure it indeed is needed!??

I can see the above happening. It would make since, remove the one piece and replace it with a "black bikini" round. The women would still have the same stage time. No longer needing to buy the ultra expensive one piece.

JillianAmy
12-16-2009, 05:32 AM
The Arnold and the Olympia in particular of all the pro shows are ALL about the fans so I wonder if this is an attempt to give the fans a chance to get another look at their favorite athletes? Or maybe it's an attempt to give the ladies an identical suit to wear so their physiques can be judged more accurately since there are no height classes at the pro level?? I'll be there this year so it will be interesting to watch for sure! I think to be fair they should make the bodybuilders also wear black bikinis and stilettos...grrrr:)

Gert
12-16-2009, 05:46 AM
Ewww!
Why don't they just turn figure into a straight beauty pagent.......sports wear and and evening gown round as well! Then we can all get sleeping bags and watch an all nighter show......:nuts: :rofl:

:D......indeed.....

AnneP
12-16-2009, 06:09 AM
I like this round.

IFBB amateurs do have this always at every show. And in this round I think you can judge the physique best.

Lilly
12-16-2009, 06:14 AM
I like this round.

IFBB amateurs do have this always at every show. And in this round I think you can judge the physique best.

double this. the black two-piece is jlike prejudging over here (but the black pumps aren't part of the rulebook, allthough most competitors tend to wear them for the overall matching look).

but I thought the one-piece is out? or just for the pro-level??
sorry if I mixed something up... :angel:

Siouxcountry
12-16-2009, 06:35 AM
double this. the black two-piece is jlike prejudging over here (but the black pumps aren't part of the rulebook, allthough most competitors tend to wear them for the overall matching look).

but I thought the one-piece is out? or just for the pro-level??
sorry if I mixed something up... :angel:

They eliminated one piece in NPC Amateur and IFBB Pro Fitness, not IFBB Pro Figure.

Lilly
12-16-2009, 08:14 AM
ok, so I mixed it up. thanks for the infos! :)

powergirl
12-16-2009, 10:16 AM
ohmygod 3 rounds? it just means more $$ for the competitors to shell out buying one more suit!

however, i like the black suit idea (like was said, we have in Canada) ... it definitely evens out the playing field! you can really do an objective comparison. oh the other hand, IMHO they really need to get rid of the 1-piece!

(not that I'm figure, just speaking as a spectator and as someone who trains figure girls!)

Siouxcountry
12-16-2009, 02:26 PM
however, i like the black suit idea (like was said, we have in Canada) ... it definitely evens out the playing field! you can really do an objective comparison. oh the other hand, IMHO they really need to get rid of the 1-piece!

As one member here wrote in another thread the reason they have not removed the one piece is because it would cut the stage time in half for pro figure.

Yes pro fitness was cut in half, but they still have two rounds.

Adding the black bikini round may be the solution to removing the one piece at a future date.

We shall see. :)

cray17
12-16-2009, 02:32 PM
I like this. It will be interesting to see how this could possibly affect how figure will be done in the future.

lil mama
12-16-2009, 02:42 PM
I gotta agree with Zoe....$$$$ and that it will even out the playing field with the plain black 2pc . I like the one pc better than the 2pc.

ohmygod 3 rounds? it just means more $$ for the competitors to shell out buying one more suit!

(not that I'm figure, just speaking as a spectator and as someone who trains figure girls!)

Stacy Wright
12-16-2009, 03:47 PM
What's everyone's thoughts on getting rid of the 1 pc while adding the black 2 pc.
To me it would make more sense to keep the 1 pc and turn the 2pc round into the standard black suit. Ya know, instead of having two 2pc rounds!? Maybe I'm just looking at things a little different though =)

LIFTstudios
12-16-2009, 04:01 PM
I don't think this is correct despite what it says on the web site. If there were any changes to the IFBB competitions/rules it would have come out of the annual meeting at the Olympia and/or posted on IFBBpro.com

I've inquired and will have an answer soon but my guess is that there will not be three rounds as it says on the site. We'll see.

dvsness
12-16-2009, 04:06 PM
I like this round.

I think the black suit, as done in Canada and Europe is a great idea. It makes the focus on physique instead of distracting crystals. Black suit for pre-j and bling suit for finals would be perfect, imo, similar to BB (though those are not always black, but typically plain).

I don't think this is correct despite what it says on the web site. If there were any changes to the IFBB competitions/rules it would have come out of the annual meeting at the Olympia and/or posted on IFBBpro.com

I've inquired and will have an answer soon but my guess is that there will not be three rounds as it says on the site. We'll see.

Weird.

Iron Sirens
12-16-2009, 04:11 PM
LET ME CONFIRM RIGHT NOW THAT THIS INFORMATION IS INCORRECT!!!

So you can stop your theories now. Whoever put this information on the Arnold website obviously pulled this from the amateur IFBB website, www.ifbb.com (http://www.ifbb.com), not from the IFBB Professional League website, www.ifbbpro.com (http://www.ifbbpro.com). Nothing has changed in IFBB Pro Figure. It will continue on just as it has been. I've had at least 10 e-mail's already about this. So everybody can relax. Thank you!

J.M.

dvsness
12-16-2009, 04:28 PM
So everybody can relax.

You first. Breathe, man! :D

tkokayde
12-16-2009, 04:33 PM
See, this is what happens when you have an all-female board. You get a bunch of women together and it's all gossip and rumors. :whisper: :blah:

Shenanigans I tell you, just shenanigans. Thanks J.M. for pumping the brakes on this one.

cray17
12-16-2009, 04:39 PM
See, this is what happens when you have an all-female board. You get a bunch of women together and it's all gossip and rumors. :whisper: :blah:

Shenanigans I tell you, just shenanigans. Thanks J.M. for pumping the brakes on this one.

Uhh...no comment on that one. :o

Anywhos, thanks for the clarification on that, J.M.

Siouxcountry
12-16-2009, 04:42 PM

:D

Its understandable we would take what was written at the Arnold website serious.

Yes thanks Isaac & JM. :)

Stacy Wright
12-16-2009, 04:45 PM
:D

Its understandable we would take what was written at the Arnold website serious.

Yes thanks Isaac & JM. :)

Yeah thanks for the clarification! Although I was interested to see that one! And it was on the Arnold website.. so why would we think to question that one =) again thanks for the clarification.. on to more Christmas shopping ;)

lil mama
12-16-2009, 06:22 PM
Hmm kinda funny but hey like Sioux stated "Its understandable we would take what was written at the Arnold website serious." Oh well we can laugh it off now that it's been cleared and I'm sure someone will correct the info on that site ASAP. :o