PDA

View Full Version : Wheres everyone staying in Columbus?

ISABELLE TURELL
12-29-2009, 10:05 PM
One of the best places to stay at is the Hyatt or DoubleTree. Where are you staying?

liquid sun rayz
12-29-2009, 10:41 PM
I have two rooms booked at the Hyatt , but not the one attached to the conv center:grumble: Got the one .7 mi away at Capital Square, which is pretty close really. Everything attached was booked way long ago! We will be spraying with colette Nelson though at the Hampton right across the street!

2hot4u
12-30-2009, 12:35 AM
i am staying at the residence inn downtown. not sure how many blocks away the convention center is but hoping not too bad. lol I wish there was a way to book for 2011 so i can stay at the adjoining hotels. :banghead:

asuit2rememberJen
12-30-2009, 02:59 AM
Part of the week we are staying at the Staybridge (rooms have kitchens). End of the week staying at the Westin.

liquid sun rayz
12-30-2009, 03:38 AM
i am staying at the residence inn downtown. not sure how many blocks away the convention center is but hoping not too bad. lol I wish there was a way to book for 2011 so i can stay at the adjoining hotels. :banghead:

I'm thinking you may be able to book ahead that far. When I called the Hampton, they said they are booked for the Arnold weekend until 2012!!! I think I am going to try for next year at the Hyatt or Durry Inn maybe.

train2day
12-30-2009, 04:01 AM
I just called Hyatt Columbus and got a room for the 3rd thru the 7th...the one attached to convention center...I think I got lucky!

2hot4u
12-30-2009, 08:07 AM
wow!! how much??I just called Hyatt Columbus and got a room for the 3rd thru the 7th...the one attached to convention center...I think I got lucky!

HDPhysiques-Joe
12-30-2009, 10:52 AM

There is a way. ;)

But you're OK. That Residence Inn is nice and it's not a bad walk at all, as long as the weather isn't horrible.

HDPhysiques-Joe
12-30-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm thinking you may be able to book ahead that far. When I called the Hampton, they said they are booked for the Arnold weekend until 2012!!! I think I am going to try for next year at the Hyatt or Durry Inn maybe.

All of those are already booked by Lorimer's group.

HDPhysiques-Joe
12-30-2009, 11:05 AM
I just called Hyatt Columbus and got a room for the 3rd thru the 7th...the one attached to convention center...I think I got lucky!

Yes, you did. At this point, the only chance of getting the adjacent or connected hotels is cancellations and just being lucky when you call.

Here's an insider tip.... most all of the downtown hotels that are connected or across the street from the conv center set aside MOST of their rooms for Lorimer's group (which are then distributed to sponsors, athletes, high rollers like HDP, etc...). The rooms that are NOT included in those blocks (every hotel leaves a few aside, even the Hyatt) *USUALLY* do not get released for reservations until late April or May, for the following year. So in other words, you need to call on say, April 15th, or May 1st, depending on the hotel. That's why so many people get pissed off every year when they leave the Arnold = trying to book for next year, and are told they can't, but then they hear that someone else booked a year earlier. Well, those who got their rooms a year earlier most likely DID NOT book it 12 months earlier, but rather 10 or 10.5 months earlier.

You can thank me later.

Suzanne
12-30-2009, 02:39 PM
for me i would rather stay somewhere cheap and drive over. We stayed at an extended stay i think. full kitchen 60-70/night. and just drove over the 15-20 min.

I am not willing to pay a lot of money for a hotel

Femphysiquefan
12-30-2009, 05:21 PM
for me i would rather stay somewhere cheap and drive over. We stayed at an extended stay i think. full kitchen 60-70/night. and just drove over the 15-20 min.

I am not willing to pay a lot of money for a hotel

That's more than likely the route I'm taking if I get to go this year. I stayed at Days Inn just north of the convention center last time. It's not bad if you are just wanting the bare essentials (bed, room, heat, shower), but those extended stay hotels sound like the better deal--even if it is a longer drive to the show. Also, the Ramada Inn East Airport isn't a bad place to stay--straight shot on Broad Street from the hotel to the Vet's Coliseum.

tom millard photography
12-30-2009, 11:54 PM
I am staying out of town in worthington this year.its about a 15 minute drive from the convention center.worthington features many great places to eat and several hotels that are reasonably priced(please keep in mind all rates are jacked up for the arnold weekend).I will be staying at the homewood suites, a very nice hotel,friendly staff,free breakfast.you can even opt to get suites with a full kitchen and a sitting room. I also booked their conference room where i will be doing photo shoots(hint,hint).
You will need a car to get around,but at least the parking is free.

Happy New Year All :awesome:

tom millard

tkokayde
12-31-2009, 01:52 AM
My Grandma's place is 15 min. away. My whole family is coming into town, but her basement is finished and will be open. If anyone wants to pay me $500 a night, I can set something up... :D

ibarramedia
12-31-2009, 02:34 AM
My Grandma's place is 15 min. away. My whole family is coming into town, but her basement is finished and will be open. If anyone wants to pay me $500 a night, I can set something up... :D

Kayde the businesswoman. I like how you think. ;)

liquid sun rayz
12-31-2009, 04:30 AM
OMG....You are so very lucky! I have called a few times hoping to get a break and get moved to the one connected. Good for you, that is great.

Believe me...I have a son in OSU's Vet program, and I could stay at his frat house for FREE! I don't think my clinets would like to drive that far though :D
Have to be close for the tanning, otherwise I would be at my sons!

Kayde..can't wait to see you again! I'm sure you are just too excited !

anglicanbeachparty
01-01-2010, 11:07 AM
I was lucky enough to snag a room at this Bed-and-Breakfast. It is a bit pricey, and they require you to stay 4 nights, but it is only a 0.3 mile walk from the Expo.

http://www.columbus-bed-breakfast.com/ (http://www.columbus-bed-breakfast.com/)

HDPhysiques-Joe
01-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Guarantee that no one heeds my advice and we see similar threads pop up 30 more times by next year. lol

Kriv
01-02-2010, 12:46 PM
In the early part of December, a good friend of mine in the industry tipped me off that The Lofts (located across the street from the Convention center) had some openings, so i gave them a call and was lucky enough to book it. Other years, i've waited till those downtown hotels freed up their rooms which they eventually do, and then booked it. If you don't follow Joe's (HDP) sage advice, then be paitient and the rooms will eventually open up although the rates may be a bit pricey when they do. If i wasn't doing shoots for my site and needed to be close by, i'd probably just book a cheap place on the fringe of town, probably near the airport and just go from there.
Lou

FrankN
01-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Lou,

I also booked at The Lofts in early December. In previous years I stayed at Hyatt Capital Sqaure, Holiday Inn and another downtown hotel. Did you or your friend ever stay at The Lofts before (anything I should know ahead of time)? Thanks

itrain2
01-02-2010, 09:34 PM
I would LOVE to stay right where all the Pro's are staying and/or right in the hotel but I guess everyone books that soo well in advance. If there were rooms, I WOULD PAY top $$$ for convenience-screw driving and walking in the wind and cold to save some money but that's me. Maybe if I book now for 2011 I can get in the big hotels :D

Iron Amazon
01-02-2010, 11:26 PM
We are staying at the Residence Inn....beautiful rooms-like an apartment... a bb-ers dream when we travel....

Kriv
01-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Lou,

I also booked at The Lofts in early December. In previous years I stayed at Hyatt Capital Sqaure, Holiday Inn and another downtown hotel. Did you or your friend ever stay at The Lofts before (anything I should know ahead of time)? Thanks

Hi FrankN,
The people i know who have stayed there have been very complimentary of the Lofts because its location is right there, and the rooms have very high ceilings which are a positive for the photographers and their shoots. Haven't recieved any negatives on it from people who have stayed there either. Sounds like you did good by nabbing the room there.
Lou

HDPhysiques-Joe
01-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Hi FrankN,
The people i know who have stayed there have been very complimentary of the Lofts because its location is right there, and the rooms have very high ceilings which are a positive for the photographers and their shoots. Haven't recieved any negatives on it from people who have stayed there either. Sounds like you did good by nabbing the room there.
Lou

The negative is the cost. I think most rooms there now are over
$300/night during the Arnold weekend.

Deserusan
01-05-2010, 01:13 AM
We'll be at the Hyatt.

Femphysiquefan
01-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Just finished booking my hotel--it's the Staybridge Suites Columbus in Dublin. Can't wait to see some of you at the AC!!!

dallas3
02-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Anybody staying at the Marriott Townplace Suites in Worthington?

Kristi Bruce
02-12-2010, 11:34 PM
So I have a room at the Hilton convention center so parking would not be an issue, but I also have a Homewood suites that has a full kitchen, so I wouldn't go hungry. I'm torn!!! The Homewood is about 15 minutes away I think, so I could hop down pretty easy. Either way I will have to let one of them go soon. Stop by and see me at the Arnold. Check my site for more info: kristibruceonline.com (http://kristibruceonline.com)

BabyBeFit38
02-16-2010, 06:13 PM
I have no clue where to stay. Hope to get it worked out soon as time is winding down!!!

FemFlex
02-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Anybody staying at the Marriott Townplace Suites in Worthington?

I spent most of my years between there and Residence Inn Worthington.

Worthington was always best for those who wanted to get away from the 'Arnold crowd', but over the last couple of years has been invaded and much of the allure has been lost...the price has gone way up, too. I think my first year was like $79/night.

You'll like it, though, and the drive isn't bad at all. The only downside is that getting to the grocery store is tricky.

Will I see you at Joe's dinner on Thursday?

Joe is right about the booking window, but I never book anything, because I swear every year that - like Sioux - I am not going to be there. So, I end up with whatever's left the first weekend of February.

DocVenus
02-17-2010, 01:11 AM
I'm staying at the Crowne Plaza, connected to the convention center. I also happen to have an extra room in this hotel (with one king bed) that I won't be needing. Anybody want me to transfer this reservation to you? If not, I'll just cancel the reservation next week and open it up to the masses...

-Venus

Fitdiva
02-17-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm staying at the Crowne Plaza, connected to the convention center. I also happen to have an extra room in this hotel (with one king bed) that I won't be needing. Anybody want me to transfer this reservation to you? If not, I'll just cancel the reservation next week and open it up to the masses...

-Venus

I sent you a PM. I may be interested in taking the extra room, if it's still available.

JillianSR
02-18-2010, 01:50 PM
im at the host. The Westin... anyone else there?

fitswim by celeste
02-18-2010, 02:30 PM
hi Jill! :)

i'm at the hyatt - i love being in the convention center hotel - don't have to leave it you don't want to!

be sure and stop by my booth, Suits by Celeste - would love to see everyone!

Crowne Plaza Columbus N
02-18-2010, 07:34 PM
We look forward to having you at the Crowne Plaza Columbus North during the 2010 Arnold Classic- March 4-7. Sleeping rooms at great rates are still available! 614.885.1885- www.crowneplaza.com/columbusnorth

DocVenus
02-19-2010, 06:04 AM

-Venus

My extra room reservation at the Crowne Plaza was taken. But I now also have an extra reservation for a 2-room suite at the Doubletree (50 S. Front Street), where all the Arnold pro's are housed. It is a non-smoking, two-bed and one sofabed suite. Check-in 3/3 and check-out 3/7. Rate is $209 per night. Let me know if you are interested in taking over this reservation.

-Venus

JillianSR
02-19-2010, 02:19 PM
hi Jill! :)

i'm at the hyatt - i love being in the convention center hotel - don't have to leave it you don't want to!

be sure and stop by my booth, Suits by Celeste - would love to see everyone!

hey girlie! everyone loves the suit you made me!!! i totlaly love it too! i cant wiat to wear it on stage!!!!

fitswim by celeste
02-19-2010, 06:34 PM
hey girlie! everyone loves the suit you made me!!! i totlaly love it too! i cant wiat to wear it on stage!!!!

hey chickie! it looks great on you too - can't wait to see you in a couple weeks! see u soon :)

Cdiddy
02-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Parilee, our friend Mark and I are staying at The Hawthorn Suites Airport Columbus East Hotel....

mark000
02-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Excellent price from travelocity.com

LaQuinta was favorably rated by Consumer reports last time i checked, a couple of years ago, compared to other chains.

Maeg13
02-24-2010, 11:34 PM
I'll be staying with some family members downtown Columbus! SO STOKED! I look forward to meeting all of you here. XO

HDPhysiques-Joe
02-25-2010, 02:09 AM
I may have an additional room in a PREMIUM location opening up for Friday thru Monday.... PM me if you are interested.