PDA

View Full Version : 2010 IFBB NEW ZEALAND PRO FIGURE & BIKINI

Fitrose
01-18-2010, 01:48 PM
It's now official. The date is set....March 20th!!!!!! Contact Moe Moussawi for more information +64 21 567 212. Total prize money $10000!!!!! Top 3 qualify for Olympia.

Rose

Siouxcountry
01-18-2010, 01:58 PM
It's now official. The date is set....March 20th!!!!!! Contact Moe Moussawi for more information +64 21 567 212. Total prize money $10000!!!!! Top 3 qualify for Olympia.

Rose

Very nice to see the prize money above average! :waving: Does Moe have a website set up?

Siouxcountry
01-18-2010, 02:05 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/201/2010newzealand_poster.jpg

Siouxcountry
01-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Contest Location

Sky City Theatere, 86 Federal Street, Auckland

Accommodation

Auckland City Hotel, 157 Hobson Street, Auckland Tel: +649250777, Ask for special contest rate and speak to ROSS

Airport

Auckland International Airport

Promotor

Moe Elmoussawi Mobile: +6421567212, Land Line: +6493684211, Email: moesmuscle@yahoo.com

Prize Money

$10,000 USD
Top 3 Figure and Top 3 Bikini qualify for the 2010 Ms Figure and Ms. Bikini Olympia

Fitrose
01-18-2010, 02:15 PM
We could see the prize money increase too :) No website however, Moe can also be contacted via e-mail ifbbtoppro@yahoo.com

Rose

AnneP
01-18-2010, 03:00 PM
This is awesome!

Thanks for the info, Rose.

btw, do you know if they will have men's bb too?

Fitrose
01-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Hi Anne :waving:

No mens BB at this event. However, there is talk of Pro Bikini :)

Rose

Fitrose
01-19-2010, 03:00 AM
I can confirm that Pro Bikini has now been added with total prize money $3500. Pro Figure $10,000. This is going to be an amazing show. I hope many girls from the US will make the trip as I would love to show you around and make you feel at home.....:)

Rose x

Sportsgirl
01-19-2010, 05:23 AM
Are you competing Rose?

Siouxcountry
01-19-2010, 06:08 AM
I can confirm that Pro Bikini has now been added with total prize money $3500. Pro Figure $10,000. This is going to be an amazing show. I hope many girls from the US will make the trip as I would love to show you around and make you feel at home.....:)

Rose x

Thanks, Rosa! :waving: Interesting that the first ever IFBB pro bikini contest will be abroad. 95% of the bikini pros live in the USA. I hope many make the trip to New Zealand. :)

Fitrose
01-19-2010, 02:07 PM
Thanks, Rosa! :waving: Interesting that the first ever IFBB pro bikini contest will be abroad. 95% of the bikini pros live in the USA. I hope many make the trip to New Zealand. :)

I know there are 8 US Pro Bikini girls making the trip already :)

Fitrose
01-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Are you competing Rose?

Yes maam.....wouldn't miss it for anything. I'll be competing so close to home and the best part is, my two little boys will finally get to see me on stage :)

Indigo
01-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Yes maam.....wouldn't miss it for anything. I'll be competing so close to home and the best part is, my two little boys will finally get to see me on stage :)

I hope they scream their heads off for you when you're on stage!

Pia Marlen Johnsen
01-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Anyone got some more info ?
airport, hotel etc.

:)

Fitrose
01-25-2010, 02:31 AM
Anyone got some more info ?
airport, hotel etc.

:)

Auckland airport. For more info call Moe on +6421567212 or e-mail ifbbtoppro@yahoo.com

Rose

upnorthgirl
01-25-2010, 07:29 PM
i was soooo looking forward to doing this show, but I had to drop out. I'll be cheering for you Rose from up here!!

Jen

Fitrose
01-27-2010, 02:10 AM
i was soooo looking forward to doing this show, but I had to drop out. I'll be cheering for you Rose from up here!!

Jen

Bummer girl. Was really looking forward to seeing you again and having some fun. Wish I could change your mind. This is going to be a lot of fun...x

Fitrose
02-01-2010, 06:19 AM
Ok beautiful ladies......the poster is coming next week. For now, here are the details of the hotel:

Auckland City Hotel
157 Hobson Street Auckland
PH:+64 (09) 925 0777
Email: info@achhobson.co.nz

Sorry for the delay. More details next week. There is a great gym close by called Les Mills. Hope to see all of you at this show. We are going to have some fun :)

Rose

Chawk1
02-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Ken's Barbie Natalie Pennington will be making her Bikini Pro debut at this show!! She earned her pro card at team U.. Im' not sure if she's a member here yet.. Just wanted to wish her luck!

Siouxcountry
02-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Ken's Barbie Natalie Pennington will be making her Bikini Pro debut at this show!! She earned her pro card at team U.. Im' not sure if she's a member here yet.. Just wanted to wish her luck!

Team U photo :)

Betsy
02-17-2010, 05:15 PM
I would LOOVVEEE to visit new zealand-- i heard it is BEE-YOUU-TEE-FUL there!!!!!!!!!!!

Fitrose
02-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Here it is!!!!! :awesome:

Siouxcountry
02-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Here it is!!!!! :awesome:

Thanks, Rosa! :)

Fitrose
02-26-2010, 11:13 PM
YES and so is HMF!!!!!!!

DanielleA
02-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Did I read that right - Sonia Gonzalez, Ms. Bikini Olympia 2009???
I can't see the flyer, it's very small. Is that what is says?

Siouxcountry
02-27-2010, 01:38 AM
Did I read that right - Sonia Gonzalez, Ms. Bikini Olympia 2009???

Yeah. :D

Raechelle
02-27-2010, 06:33 AM
Competitors that are looking for a hair & make up artist for The NZ show, I have used both these ladies before for shows and highly reccomend them:

Rachael D'Aguiar- www.daguiar.co.nz
Tracey Allan- www.traceyallan.co.nz

I know a couple of the girls have already booked with Tracey so it is advisable to book in quickly.

Siouxcountry
03-13-2010, 05:35 PM
At what time will prejudging start? And finals?

AnneP
03-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Hmmm has there been any competitor list up yet?

Siouxcountry
03-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Hmmm has there been any competitor list up yet?

Here is some info:

2010 NZ IFBB Pro Figure/Pro Bikini & Elite Amateur Grand Prix - Sky City Theatre, Auckland, March 20

Proudly sponsored by Portofino Restaurants and Nutrigenix, this event is the first IFBB Professional Figure show to be held outside of the USA. All top 5 place-getters at the 2009 IFBB Ms Figure Olympia contest (won by Nicole Wilkins-Lee) will be competing here as well as the 2009 Olympia Ms Bikini Champion, Sonia Gonzales. Several other top IFBB Professional competitors will be here, including Australasia’s best – Rosa-Maria Romero … and of course NZ’s own Sesa Tomuli who will be making her IFBB Pro debut!

In conjunction with an IFBB Pro Figure and Pro Bikini event, an Amateur event (with all regular NZFBB classes available – as well as a Bikini class) will be held with prize money for all male and female Overall Winners PLUS a Pro card awarded to the Overall Figure and Overall Bikini class winners – who will be eligible to make their Pro debut immediately by competing in their respective Pro event line-up later the same day!

Tickets are now available from Ticketek – click here (http://premier.ticketek.co.nz/shows/show.aspx?sh=BODYBUIL10&searchId=e357380d-b9df-4a58-bec3-086e8667727c) to make a booking. The morning session starts at 9.00am and the final session at 5pm. Registration for all classes will be held on Friday only (March 19) – from 3pm to 8pm at Xtreme Health & Nutrition, 119 Wellesley Street, central Auckland. For further details, please phone the Xtreme store on (09)3684211, or email the event organiser (Moe Elmoussawi) at moesmuscle@yahoo.com.www.nzfbb.org.nz (http://www.nzfbb.org.nz)

Siouxcountry
03-13-2010, 07:11 PM
At what time will prejudging start? And finals?

March 20th

Prejudging:

9 AM Auckland Time - 3 PM EST Friday, March 19

Finals:

5 PM Auckland Time - 11 PM EST Friday, March 19

Current local time in New Zealand.......... CLICK HERE (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=22)

Sportsgirl
03-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Here is some info:

Proudly sponsored by Portofino Restaurants and Nutrigenix, this event is the first IFBB Professional Figure show to be held outside of the USA. All top 5 place-getters at the 2009 IFBB Ms Figure Olympia contest (won by Nicole Wilkins-Lee) will be competing here as well as the 2009 Olympia Ms Bikini Champion, Sonia Gonzales. Several other top IFBB Professional competitors will be here, including Australasia’s best – Rosa-Maria Romero … and of course NZ’s own Sesa Tomuli who will be making her IFBB Pro debut!

I hope Sesa will turn up in the same condition when she won the Auckland champs. She looked awesome!

http://www.muscleimaging.com/Events/NZFBB/AK09/Sesa_2340.jpg

Mats E.
03-13-2010, 09:46 PM

In conjunction with an IFBB Pro Figure and Pro Bikini event, an Amateur event (with all regular NZFBB classes available – as well as a Bikini class) will be held with prize money for all male and female Overall Winners PLUS a Pro card awarded to the Overall Figure and Overall Bikini class winners – who will be eligible to make their Pro debut immediately by competing in their respective Pro event line-up later the same day!

Tickets are now available from Ticketek – click here to make a booking. The morning session starts at 9.00am and the final session at 5pm. Registration for all classes will be held on Friday only (March 19) – from 3pm to 8pm at Xtreme Health & Nutrition, 119 Wellesley Street, central Auckland. For further details, please phone the Xtreme store on (09)3684211, or email the event organiser (Moe Elmoussawi) at moesmuscle@yahoo.com.

This will be a really interesting event.

But the bold is not really true. First one and only one this year is correct. But there has previously been figure pro competitions outside of the US. Toronto, Netherlands and Hungary.. probably a few more. But if the top-5 from Olympia will be there, this will most likely be the one with highest class. I guess no Olympia tickets will be given away here.

Siouxcountry
03-13-2010, 09:59 PM
I hope Sesa will turn up in the same condition when she won the Auckland champs. She looked awesome!

Thank you! :)

This will be a really interesting event.

But the bold is not really true. First one and only one this year is correct. But there has previously been figure pro competitions outside of the US. Toronto, Netherlands and Hungary.. probably a few more. But if the top-5 from Olympia will be there, this will most likely be the one with highest class. I guess no Olympia tickets will be given away here.

I got the impression Nicole is just attending, not competing. We shall see in a few days. I do know Erin Stern is competing.

Iron Sirens
03-14-2010, 07:04 AM
Thank you! :)

I got the impression Nicole is just attending, not competing. We shall see in a few days. I do know Erin Stern is competing.

You are correct, Nicole Wilkins-Lee is not competing.

Heather Mae French is competing.

Sonia Gonzales is making her pro bikini debut here.

At this point Erin Stern is scheduled to compete so long as she can get her passport secured.

And that's the real scoop!

Siouxcountry
03-14-2010, 02:10 PM
And that's the real scoop!

Thanks, JM! :)

chicky9914
03-14-2010, 05:15 PM
But Sonia is not the 2009 Bikini Olympia. That is factually incorrect. There wasn't an IFBB bikini show at the Olympia.

Fitrose
03-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Typo :)

chicky9914
03-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Haha, typos happen :) I'm excited to see a show down under and how it's received. Hopefully it will be an annual thing. The sport needs more international exposure, and Rose, I'm sure your traveling costs are through the roof with all these trips to the US!

AJ Williams IFBB
03-15-2010, 04:42 PM
wow! of all years to be sitting the season out.... I WOULD HAVE LOVED to gone to compete here! hopefully NEXT year!!!!
good luck to all

Mats E.
03-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Haha, typos happen :) I'm excited to see a show down under and how it's received. Hopefully it will be an annual thing. The sport needs more international exposure, and Rose, I'm sure your traveling costs are through the roof with all these trips to the US!

There are definately a need for more international pro competitions. I am hoping for an European pro show for next year. Would be so great if that could be reality.

NZ is unfortunately 30 hours away...

Siouxcountry
03-16-2010, 09:45 PM
Erin Stern was a guest on Sports After Dark radio. She informed hosts Eryn & Alli she will not be competing in New Zealand..............

http://siouxsportsafterdark.wordpress.com/2010/03/10/erin-stern-interview/

AnneP
03-18-2010, 10:33 AM
I read an update in Hardbody.com where Isaac wondered where all the international competitors are and kinda blamed international competiors not showing up when one is held outside of US... I hated that blog entry.

Dear Isaac, to fly from .. for example Sweden, to US it takes 14 hours, flying to NZ 30 hours. In most cases, depending on flight of course, it is 3 time more expensive to fly from Europe to NZ than to US.

So ... what do you think international competitors choose.. to compete in US , do 2-3 shows at one time OR fly 3 times longer, pay 3 times more and compete just in a one show?

If there are not enough entries for NZ show, I guess its not to wonder where the international competitors are but generally, where the pro girls are, also from the states? .... as they dont have it any easier than US girls. IF you put on a pro show middle of NOWHERE specially as I guess there are not so many pro girls in Australia/NZ... dont wonder if there are not tons of entries.

PLUS the most of the countries here in Europe// other countries outside of US do not even have bikini class and thats why no bikini pros either.

I know we, including me, wish there would be more pro shows outside of US. The point is not that we would like to avoid US, but to have once a show a bit more like "near home", sometimes a bit less to fly than +14 hours... but we mean more like .. Europe ... when the show is actually more near than US shows. Specially now when more girls in Europe is turning pro, one show a year would not be a bad idea.

Mats E.
03-18-2010, 10:44 AM
I read an update in Hardbody.com where Isaac wondered where all the international competitors are and kinda blamed international competiors not showing up when one is held outside of US... I hated that blog entry.

Dear Isaac, to fly from .. for example Sweden, to US it takes 14 hours, flying to NZ 30 hours. In most cases, depending on flight of course, it is 3 time more expensive to fly from Europe to NZ than to US.

So ... what do you think international competitors choose.. to compete in US , do 2-3 shows at one time OR fly 3 times longer, pay 3 times more and compete just in a one show?

If there are not enough entries for NZ show, I guess its not to wonder where the international competitors are but generally, where the pro girls are, also from the states? .... as they dont have it any easier than US girls. IF you put on a pro show middle of NOWHERE specially as I guess there are not so many pro girls in Australia/NZ... dont wonder if there are not tons of entries.

PLUS the most of the countries here in Europe// other countries outside of US do not even have bikini class and thats why no bikini pros.

Linda Fodor thought about doing NZ, but checking flight costs and travelling time left no option. Too expensive and to spend 60 hours on flights is not really what you want do do for one competition. So much easier to get to US, so Linda will do Orlando instead.

I guess flight times and costs are the reason for most european pros not attending NZ.

Edit: Flight costs where when we checked and thought about booking just over 3000 dollars.

Mats E.
03-18-2010, 10:51 AM
I know we, including me, wish there would be more pro shows outside of US. The point is not that we would like to avoid US, but to have once a show a bit more like "near home", sometimes a bit less to fly than +14 hours... but we mean more like .. Europe ... when the show is actually more near than US shows. Specially now when more girls in Europe is turning pro, one show a year would not be a bad idea.

I have already given a proposal to the promoters of the Spanish Pro show that they should include Figure. It would be so great to have a show in Spain or in Italy early autumn, both so nice countries.

Italy or Spain are most likey the two national federations that could pull of this kind of event at the moment and do it really good.

DanielleA
03-18-2010, 01:16 PM
I have already given a proposal to the promoters of the Spanish Pro show that they should include Figure. It would be so great to have a show in Spain or in Italy early autumn, both so nice countries.

Italy or Spain are most likey the two national federations that could pull of this kind of event at the moment and do it really good.

IF I were to ever turn pro, I would most definitely compete in Europe! Living in NYC it is very easy and convenient for me to fly across the Atlantic. Plus, who wouldn't want to visit some of these beautiful countries??

New Zealand is about as far away as you can get from anywhere in the world. Does the promoter of this show pay for travel costs, like the promoter of the Australian Pro does for the male BB?

Siouxcountry
03-18-2010, 01:25 PM

It is understandable why we will see no figure pros from Europe in New Zealand. I am aware of only 6 or 7 figure pros in the Far East / Oceania region.

CRISTIANA CASONI
03-18-2010, 05:55 PM
I would be so happy to be able to compete in Europe without making a long journey with many changes of planes and time zones years ago there were many races in Europe for the fitness I have competed in Paris, Oslo, in Italy but in recent years to participate in a competition I make so many sacrifices they have to move because I always do in the U.S.A and cost a lot more races in a year and all sapiammo what is important to many competitions to be known I hope that this request for competing in Spain or is Itailia Reserve online using.:yippie:

Siouxcountry
03-19-2010, 01:44 PM
March 20th

Prejudging:

9 AM Auckland Time - 3 PM EST Friday, March 19

Finals:

5 PM Auckland Time - 11 PM EST Friday, March 19

Current local time in New Zealand.......... CLICK HERE (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=22)

Prejudging is scheduled to start today at 3 PM EST.

c&a
03-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Has the list of Athletes been posted for this show? If so, I wish everyone the best this weekend:).

AnneP
03-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Has the list of Athletes been posted for this show? If so, I wish everyone the best this weekend:).

Couldnt find any :(

Anyway, good luck all girls competing.

I hope there will be a few photos online even though no big websites covering this.

I think the prejudging will start in 2 hours. Dont know if they start with pro figure or with the amateur show?

Shelly
03-19-2010, 06:10 PM
what time is it there??

DLS
03-19-2010, 06:13 PM
what time is it there??

The time on your post is 7.10am Saturday morning over here :)

chicky9914
03-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Yeah has it started yet or what? :)

AnneP
03-19-2010, 08:52 PM
No idea what is happening there..

..but checked Kim Oddo's website and.... "Our Pro Angels have all arrived in New Zealand and will be ready to take the stage this upcoming weekend, March 20th !! We canít wait to see how they do on the New Zealand stage!!!!!!...!!" And photos of Rosa, HMF PLUS Patricia Mello. So there we have already 3 girls competing : )

heathergracefitness
03-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Ugghh.. I'm going nuts:banghead:. I can't find updates anywhere..

Raechelle
03-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Hey guys, the pre judging should already have happened. I am going along to the night show which starts at 5pm (its 11.30am now) so I will let you know the results once i get home. Otherwise if you can't wait. Follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/RaechelleChase (http://www.twitter.com/RaechelleChase) and I will keep you updated :)

There is an amateur event being run along side the pro show. The overall figure winner from that will qualify for her Pro Card and compete along with the Pros tonight!

Siouxcountry
03-19-2010, 10:37 PM
Hey guys, the pre judging should already have happened. I am going along to the night show which starts at 5pm (its 11.30am now) so I will let you know the results once i get home. Otherwise if you can't wait. Follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/RaechelleChase (http://www.twitter.com/RaechelleChase) and I will keep you updated :)

Any news would be appreciated. Enjoy the show! :)

Chawk1
03-20-2010, 12:10 AM
30 hrs flight from europe is nut's!!! I was planning on doing this show until I had 4 colds back to back this winter:banghead: I hope they do it again next year because I am really looking for an excuse to down under!! Does anyone know how many bikini pro's are competing??

Raechelle
03-20-2010, 01:40 AM
http://www.gofigure.co.nz/doc/content/view/988/7/

Siouxcountry
03-20-2010, 01:48 AM

Thanks, Raechelle! :)

I can't say I am surprised to see how few showed up to watch prejudging.

6 pro figure women. 3 pro bikini.

Hi all, well I guess you're all wondering what's happening at this show. I didn't go but I do have a couple of correspondents who've been keeping me posted. They've been texting me about what's happening (or what's not) and it hasn't been pretty.

Here's a brief summary of the events.
- Athletes told to be at venue by 8.30am to get spray tanned.
- Doors open to public for 9am start.
- About 17 people in the audience and has risen to 37 at time of writing.
- 10am. No sign of Moe the contest organiser
- 10.30am. Audience and athletes told show will start at 11am
- 11.10am. Moe finally arrives
- 11.17am. Show starts

There's lots more surprising details to the actual contest rules of this comp which we'll cover more thoroughly later.

In the meantime lets finally get on with the show!

- 14 in amateur. Plus the Pro girls (not sure how many there)
- 2 in bikini (one gets Pro card today). 1 Nov Fig Tall. 1 Nov Fig Short. 4 Open Figure.
- 1 female physique, 1 jnr boy, 2 nov men u80kg
- 4 nov men o80kg, good class
- Judges for morning; Brian McFarlane, Mark Stewart and John Tuman
- No open men

11.57am; judges tallying up figure girls scores. One girl will get Pro card.
12.08pm; Teneka wins Open Figure! And can apply for Pro Card. Well done Teneka.
Jessie Foley, 2nd Bikini. Kirsty Thomson, 2nd Open Fig Short
12.35pm. Sesa on now in class of 3. 6 Pros altogether.
12.58pm; 3 Pro Bikini girls
1.09pm; All done. Morning show finished.

Night show begins 5pm. Tickets $50.

Siouxcountry
03-20-2010, 01:54 AM
Here are some pics of Teneka Hyndman, who won open figure, and I assume is now an IFBB pro. These pics are from the 2008 New Zealand Nationals.

Raechelle
03-20-2010, 01:54 AM
Next year with some good magazines promoting the event I think it could be successful.

chris_w
03-20-2010, 02:37 AM
Hi - I went along this morning to watch. There were actually 6 pro figures - Rosa, Patricia Mello, Heather Mae French, Isabella (I think that was her name) from Brazil, Sesa and Teneka. For the one-piece round they came out three at a time because Sesa lent Teneke her one-piece so they obviously couldn't go on at the same time. For the two-piece round they all came out together.

If this show had been advertised and promoted it would have been so much better - an amazing opportunity for the amateur girls to get a pro card but as it was there were only 6 amateurs! The amateur show was judged this morning so no idea how they'll make the show last a bit longer tonight.

Sportsgirl
03-20-2010, 02:41 AM
If this show had been advertised and promoted it would have been so much better - an amazing opportunity for the amateur girls to get a pro card but as it was there were only 6 amateurs! The amateur show was judged this morning so no idea how they'll make the show last a bit longer tonight.

Exactly. I go to the gym right next to Moe's supplement store and didn't see ANY advertising anywhere. No posters, nothing on the radio, nothing.
I don't even think many competitors know about it that's why there was such a poor turnout for the amateur event. How do you expect people to first of all 1. compete in the show 2. turn up to watch the show, if you don't even let people know it's happening?

Siouxcountry
03-20-2010, 02:42 AM
Hi - I went along this morning to watch. There were actually 6 pro figures - Rosa, Patricia Mello, Heather Mae French, Isabella (I think that was her name) from Brazil, Sesa and Teneka. For the one-piece round they came out three at a time because Sesa lent Teneke her one-piece so they obviously couldn't go on at the same time. For the two-piece round they all came out together.

Thank you Chris and welcome to our message board! :waving: Ok so 6 women in pro figure, and three in pro bikini. :)

Fitrose
03-20-2010, 02:48 AM
Hello everyone,

First of all there are six ladies competing in the Pro Figure Division.

1. Heather
2. Me
3. Tanika
4. Sessa
5. A lady from Finland who I think is named Lisbeth?
6. Patricia

Sessa has not qualified. We have not even started the finals yet! So please stay tuned for final results. Unfortunately we did not have the numbers but it would have been nice to see ALL NEW ZEALAND & AUSTRALIAN Pro's show their support and compete at this event.

have to say Moe has gone out of his way to do everything at this event. He even spray tanned all the girls and provided complimentary make up for each and every one of us.

I'm off to rest for a little. Nicole Wilkins and I are sharing a room and she says hello. I'll post some pics now and hopefully I'll have more later. We have all been having an absolute ball.

Rose

Siouxcountry
03-20-2010, 02:55 AM
I'm off to rest for a little. Nicole Wilkins and I are sharing a room and she says hello. I'll post some pics now and hopefully I'll have more later. We have all been having an absolute ball.

Rose

Rose you are awesome! :awesome: Thank you so much!

The Finnish pro is Lisbeth Halikka. :)

Have a wonderful time at finals!

titonej
03-20-2010, 03:45 AM
Hello everyone,

First of all there are six ladies competing in the Pro Figure Division.

1. Heather
2. Me
3. Tanika
4. Sessa
5. A lady from Finland who I think is named Lisbeth?
6. Patricia

Sessa has not qualified. We have not even started the finals yet! So please stay tuned for final results. Unfortunately we did not have the numbers but it would have been nice to see ALL NEW ZEALAND & AUSTRALIAN Pro's show their support and compete at this event.

have to say Moe has gone out of his way to do everything at this event. He even spray tanned all the girls and provided complimentary make up for each and every one of us.

Rose

Hey Rose! We wished we could of made it. Feel bad about the turnout for you guys. Moe did some great things and it can only get only better. You as well did a great job by promoting it here in the states. Kudos to you and keep your chin up girl you are awesome!!!!!!!!!! Ann says hey....:respect::respect:

Sportsgirl
03-20-2010, 05:32 AM
Prejudging pics

http://www.muscleimaging.com/Events/NZFBB/NZNPC10/NZNPC10.html

Sportsgirl
03-20-2010, 06:48 AM
from http://www.gofigure.co.nz

Show fin! 1st pro Heather Mae-french. Sesa 4th, Teneka 6th

Raechelle
03-20-2010, 07:36 AM
This show is going to be very successful next year with backing from the media in NZ and Australia.
I met Nicole Wilkins-lee, she absolutly gorgeous!

AnneP
03-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Anyone having results?

AnneP
03-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Based on this photo, I assume..

1. HMF
2. Rose
3. Mello
4. Sesa
5. Lisbeth
6. Teneka

http://www.muscleimaging.com/Events/NZFBB/NZNPC10/Champions_8090.jpg

Siouxcountry
03-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Based on this photo, I assume..

1. HMF
2. Rose
3. Mello
4. Sesa
5. Lisbeth
6. Teneka

Correct, thanks Anne!

http://twitter.com/gofigure

Sonia wins bikini.

chicky9914
03-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the updates and the photos! All of the ladies looked absolutely beautiful! Sonia looked fabulous in her Pro Bikini debut. And Rose, you are having a breakout year! So excited for you!

Fitrose
03-20-2010, 10:19 PM
This show is going to be very successful next year with backing from the media in NZ and Australia.
I met Nicole Wilkins-lee, she absolutly gorgeous!

It's not an Australian show...Australia is NOT New Zealand! New Zealand is not Australia. Australia is holding it's own show next year and I will keep you posted...:)

Rose

Fitrose
03-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the updates and the photos! All of the ladies looked absolutely beautiful! Sonia looked fabulous in her Pro Bikini debut. And Rose, you are having a breakout year! So excited for you!

We had an awesome time. Lot's of fun!!! I must say my trophy is the best ever. Everyone that has seen it is just amazed. It is a spiral koru which is the Maori name given to the new unfurling fern frond and symbolises new life, growth, strength and peace. They are all handcrafted art glass and each one maintains it's own individual handcrafted features. Absolutely beautiful.

Rose

Siouxcountry
03-20-2010, 11:13 PM
It's not an Australian show...Australia is NOT New Zealand! New Zealand is not Australia. Australia is holding it's own show next year and I will keep you posted...:)

Rose

Interesting. :popcorn:

We had an awesome time. Lot's of fun!!! I must say my trophy is the best ever. Everyone that has seen it is just amazed. It is a spiral koru which is the Maori name given to the new unfurling fern frond and symbolises new life, growth, strength and peace. They are all handcrafted art glass and each one maintains it's own individual handcrafted features. Absolutely beautiful.

Rose

Those trophies are cool! :cool: Thanks for posting pics Rosa! :)

I recognize everyone, but the Asian bikini competitor? Does anyone know her name?

chicky9914
03-21-2010, 12:46 AM

Rose

That's pretty awesome. Those trophies give a neat cultural perspective of a place few of us will ever get to go. After reading that, I played around on google for a little bit to learn about the Polynesian migration and Maori culture. Interesting stuff :) Thanks again for the photos and congrats again!

the general
03-21-2010, 01:08 AM
what about felicia romero ? it seems she wasn't in the top six.........thats :banghead:

Siouxcountry
03-21-2010, 01:10 AM
what about felicia romero ? it seems she wasn't in the top six.........thats :banghead:

Felicia did not compete in the New Zealand.

topranked
03-21-2010, 05:14 AM
Does anyone have the complete results in bikini or a link to them??

Siouxcountry
03-21-2010, 01:59 PM
Detailed report and stage pics..........

the general
03-21-2010, 03:53 PM
haaaa okay i c 10x again

Siouxcountry
03-22-2010, 04:42 AM
I recognize everyone, but the Asian bikini competitor? Does anyone know her name?

Khang Nguyen, 2009 NPC Masters National Bikini Champ.

shellyb
03-22-2010, 07:25 PM
:waving:Can I just Say Rosa,

It was such an honour and humbling experience to have all you wonderful ladies here to compete and support a Pro show here in New Zealand!

We all had sooooo much fun and its always nice to make new friends.
As usual, Moe put everything into this show, he always goes above and beyond , so a big thank you to him as well fro opening up NZ to the rest of the world and the quality of atheletes such as Nicole , yourself, HMF, Natalie,Sonia, Patricia, Lisbeth, and our very own sesa and Teneka. As well as Pro Judge John Truman...wow!!!! Its finally happening!!!

It was a fabulous fun filled weekend, lets hope Moe runs a Pro FBB show here soon!:angel: lol

All the Very Best Rosa, be well..xx

Rose

Fitrose
03-22-2010, 09:57 PM

It was such an honour and humbling experience to have all you wonderful ladies here to compete and support a Pro show here in New Zealand!

As usual, Moe put everything into this show, he always goes above and beyond , so a big thank you to him as well fro opening up NZ to the rest of the world and the quality of atheletes such as Nicole , yourself, HMF, Natalie,Sonia, Patricia, Lisbeth, and our very own sesa and Teneka. As well as Pro Judge John Truman...wow!!!! Its finally happening!!!

It was a fabulous fun filled weekend, lets hope Moe runs a Pro FBB show here soon!:angel: lol

And thank you for having us!!!! Congratulation also to you. It's going to be a amazing year girl.

Rose x

Outlaw53
03-24-2010, 02:31 AM

It's nice to see that you enjoyed yourself Shelly, but it appears that not many other people did.
The show and the promoter have been universally critised by pretty much every one in NZ.

Here's Mike Debenham's response to Moe tanning up all the competitors.
Mike is NZ's former IFBB promoter who was given the arse for Moe's 'new direction'

"have to say Moe has gone out of his way to do everything at this event. He even spray tanned all the girls "

Maybe he could go out of his way by getting to one of his shows on time!!!!!
3 shows and 3 x more than an hour late, not to start but for him to even turn up! and myself an Kaye Oneill lost the rights to run shows, as the NZFBB wanted a "new Direction" if they had said "get rid of 80% of your competitors, loose 400 people from the audience, loose money and show no respect to the athletes" maybe we would have known the direction that they "MOE" wanted us to go in. "HEY NZFBB sorry for running good events i should have completely cocked it up over the last 3 yrs, just said yes Moe" run shows like the complete cock up on Sat, and i would have been in the good books.
Its a shame our athletes and internationals have to be exposed to such unprofessionalism at NZ events.

Mike Debenham
IFBB Pro
(unless i get threatened again for the 3rd time to have my card removed for expressing my opinion)MIKE DEBENHAM
IFBB PRO
3 X OVERALL MR NZ

Siouxcountry
03-24-2010, 03:33 AM
It's nice to see that you enjoyed yourself Shelly, but it appears that not many other people did.
The show and the promoter have been universally critised by pretty much every one in NZ.

Hopefully next year will be bigger and better.

Outlaw53
03-24-2010, 04:32 AM
Hopefully next year will be bigger and better.
Wishful thinking perhaps?
Moe is not popular in NZ, neither is the Pro Figure format of just 4 Quarter turns.

Kiwi's love their posing routines and compulsory poses.
They expect value-for-money entertainment which Pro Figure doesn't provide.