PDA

View Full Version : Facebook....oh my

ISABELLE TURELL
01-26-2010, 05:05 PM
I am curious if anyone has a had a problem with them. The other day I was goign through my friend requests, updating etc. I made an update talking about the colts goign to superbowl etc. t went back later to facebook and tryed loging in and it says account disabled. I thought it was a joke. So I cotacted them and sent emails and no one has responded back to me since. So i don't know where to go from here.

Anyone who has an idea what the best steps to do next. I lost it all. :^(

any help is greatly appreciated.

FemFlex
01-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Danny J (fitness model) just reported the exact same thing to me.

Weird, eh?

If all my best threads get deleted, I'ma gonna be pissed!

johnr007
01-26-2010, 05:57 PM
My only guess is that someone was offended by your pics or something like that some really stupid people out there - I found this

http://getsatisfaction.com/facebook/topics/facebook_account_disabled

DANISH DYNAMITE
01-26-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm wondering if it has something to do with if someone has reported you for something?

Siouxcountry
01-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Dozen of women in this industry have had their Facebook disabled.

I am sorry this happen to you, Isabelle. I know how you feel.

I read on one wall that someone was reporting avatars that offend them.

I don't recommend women have any hot model photo as their avatar. Keep it conservative.

teri
01-26-2010, 07:35 PM
They do it too all of the girls, so i joined the STOP DELETING THE FITNESS,FIGURE,BB GIRLS FAN PAGE....:respect::rofl: Most of the girls had to get another page started -:no: HI BELLE-:waving: get intouch soon.

IslandGirl
01-26-2010, 07:48 PM
I've heard this happening to so many!!! Sorry Belle!

Scarl3tbutt3rfly
01-26-2010, 07:57 PM
That stinks. That is kinda silly that all it takes is one person reporting something and an account gets disabled. Hopefully you get it worked out.

Shelly
01-26-2010, 07:58 PM
happened to MEEE had to start over :(

Betsy
01-26-2010, 08:10 PM
stupid facebooookkk

Bernie
01-27-2010, 01:52 AM
one reason i am happy im an ugly fat guy. there are no jealous lil twits trying to get rid of me.

Femphysiquefan
01-27-2010, 02:08 AM
one reason i am happy im an ugly fat guy. there are no jealous lil twits trying to get rid of me.

Same here......that is, until they see either my photo albums or video box in my profile or my group, and THEN I'll probably get deleted too. :D

I was beginning to wonder why so many folks that I THOUGHT were already in my friends list were sending re-add requests. I guess someone over there doesn't like women with muscle. Their loss, as far as I'm concerned.

As far as what to do, Isabelle, it's up to you. I say that if you do decide to try again with FB I would agree about keeping things conservative as far as pics goes. I would also suggest creating a separate fan page in addition to a profile so that you can separate out your close friends/family from your fans.

amanda103
01-27-2010, 02:39 AM
I had my account disabled by facebook a while back. I sent them a message asking them why? They didn't get back to me right away. But, long story short, they told me someone had been trying to impersonate me and that's why my account was disabled. I had to jump through a few hoops to get reinstated, but eventually everything was fixed.
Apparently, I'm not alone. Good luck! I hope you get it resolved:)

steve147
01-27-2010, 06:27 AM
Isabelle, people must have reported you as a fake, all good intentions though with the thought of protecting your identity.

This is what happens when you become world famous....

alina
01-27-2010, 07:45 AM
Got the same problem. Account disabled. I dunno what is their policy, i wrote them and I am waiting for their answer now:( This sucks, so much work into creating that profile. If the only solution is to start it again then I definitely won't do it.

Raechelle
01-27-2010, 09:12 AM
That must be so frustrating!! i hope it doesn't happen to me:banghead:

ripitupbaby
01-27-2010, 01:29 PM
UGH that totally sucks. Sorry to hear that Belle!

Brigita
01-27-2010, 04:25 PM
That happened to me a month ago. Also to some of my friends. Probably the main reason was too many friends I think.
Don't bother with sending emails, usually doesn't help much.

FemFlex
01-27-2010, 04:46 PM
The Jesus freaks are taking over Facebook.

Often when I log on, it's like I've just stumbled into church, and a preachy one at that. Had to hide a few update feeds and have been 'unfriended' by a few of those folks as well.

I do feel, however, that calling me Satan was an insult to Satan. That just wasn't necessary. Good for me I don't have feelings.

ISABELLE TURELL
01-28-2010, 09:15 PM
I had my account disabled by facebook a while back. I sent them a message asking them why? They didn't get back to me right away. But, long story short, they told me someone had been trying to impersonate me and that's why my account was disabled. I had to jump through a few hoops to get reinstated, but eventually everything was fixed.
Apparently, I'm not alone. Good luck! I hope you get it resolved:)

I hope I get it resolved too. Unfortunatly I have contacted Facebook at least 15 times and have not heard a peep from them on my account. So, I don't know what to do about that. I guess what bothered me is that I had family and friends that its hard to get a hold of them. One of my good friends is Joey Fatone(NSYNC, Dancing with the stars< etc.) and I absolutly forgot what his facebook page was. hes a real hoot. Sure you may have people get pissed off woth something on your page or just you as the person. LOL. It doesn't bother me and they don't hurt me any. Thanks for everyones feedback

Scarl3tbutt3rfly
01-29-2010, 12:00 AM
I do feel, however, that calling me Satan was an insult to Satan. That just wasn't necessary. Good for me I don't have feelings.

LOL, that was really funny