PDA

View Full Version : Darlina Brown - IFBB Pro

Siouxcountry
05-02-2008, 10:43 PM
http://www.darlinabrown.com

http://www.myspace.com/darlinalynnbrown

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/NEW/darlina1.jpg http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/NEW/darlina2.jpg

Much respect toward this young woman. :respect: She has always been so cool to me. Very down to Earth, and I was so happy for her when she qualified for the Ms Figure Olympia at last year's Sacramento Pro (http://www.hardfitness.com/sac2007.html)! :)

I really like what she had to say earlier today in this thread HERE (http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=527).

Darlina:

"Some have more muscle, some are less hard, etc - we all may not know what criteria to use but we know that perfect combo of beauty, symmetry, muscle, etc when we see it."I think the above quote by FigureRX is exactly the case and if woman will just focus on presenting their own "personal best" package then most of these debates will cease.

I will use myself as an example. I am ALWAYS muscular but I can present a much leaner physique or a fuller one with a "prettier face." I personally prefer what my body looks like tighter and leaner but I HATE what my face ends up looking like. I look drawn and unhealthy. Just look at the difference between Houston Pro in July 2008 and Sacramento Pro in November. I finally decided to present what I think is my best package and ended up qualified for the Olympia. I'll admit it felt too easy to achieve but its what looks "overall" the best on me. However, I am now training once hoping to bring in a slightly tighter physique than November. Again, its what I LIKE the best on me. At the end of the day, the competitor has to walk around in that body. Aim to please yourself first while taking into consideration what the judges advice is.Top pics are the 2007 Houston Pro (http://www.hardfitness.com/houstonpro2007.html).

Bottom pics are the 2007 Sacramento Pro (http://www.hardfitness.com/sac2007.html).

darlina
05-03-2008, 12:53 AM
Sioux, you are so dang sweet. You called me "young!" LOL I really appreciate your kind words and support. Your saying that I'm "down to earth" is the greatest compliment anyone could give me. This body and sport does not define me. I am "me" first. I try to be real.

BTW-why would anyone be anything but cool with you? Your a genuine guy and I'm a good judge of character. Thanks for posting this thread. Very cool!! Muah!

SBT
05-03-2008, 12:56 AM
:welcome: Darlina!!!

Glad to have you here with us as a part of the board family at SC :D

Pics look good!! Best of luck to you this year!

Siouxcountry
05-03-2008, 01:23 AM
Sioux, you are so dang sweet. You called me "young!" LOL I really appreciate your kind words and support. Your saying that I'm "down to earth" is the greatest compliment anyone could give me. This body and sport does not define me. I am "me" first. I try to be real.

BTW-why would anyone be anything but cool with you? Your a genuine guy and I'm a good judge of character. Thanks for posting this thread. Very cool!! Muah!

You're welcome my friend! :)

Quite a few people are not cool with me, and those people can go to hell! :D

Only 22 days and you'll be preparing for the finals in California!... :respect:

OUR CALIFORNIA PRO FORUM (http://www.siouxcountry.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)

Shelly
05-03-2008, 01:52 AM
Darlina thanks for being a part of our forum and good luck to you this year!

darlina
05-03-2008, 04:14 AM
22 days .....can't freakin wait! thanks for the well wishes. G'night!

NYCStrongFox
05-04-2008, 03:32 AM
Hang in there and good luck at Cali Pro Show!! :D

Siouxcountry
05-19-2008, 07:27 AM
Pro Of The Week! :cool:

buffgina
05-19-2008, 08:08 AM
Darlina - wow you have great shoulders! Just curious.......do you train them more than 1x per week? Gorgeous physique!

topranked
05-19-2008, 11:37 AM
This lady is incredible,she even competed in some Strength Contests back a few years ago and Finished 4th in a very competitive field!
Most Symetrical Body out there!

darlina
05-19-2008, 09:12 PM
This lady is incredible,she even competed in some Strength Contests back a few years ago and Finished 4th in a very competitive field!
Most Symetrical Body out there!

OMG! Yes that's right. I did compete in NJ several years back infact, it was before turning pro in fitness in 1999. Look at that....someone knows me! Thanks for your kind words.

I am so excited for this show. Probably will be the most important of the year for me. I had no intentions of doing this show but my husband Cale asked me to do it so he could see me onstage. He was not able to see me qualify for the Olympia last Novemeber and he won't be able to be there when I step on that stage. We know now that he is deploying for 15 months next week. Even if I placed dead last, this will be such a special show because he will be in the audience cheering me on. (My gosh, my eyes are welling up with tears.)

I feel so fortunate to have met some truly wonderful people in this sport in such a short time. Thanks again for the support and all the best to all the lovely ladies. See ya'll soon!

Shelly
05-19-2008, 09:18 PM
congrats on pro of the week girl!!!:respect:

Siouxcountry
05-19-2008, 09:25 PM
OMG! Yes that's right. I did compete in NJ several years back infact, it was before turning pro in fitness in 1999. Look at that....someone knows me! Thanks for your kind words.

I am so excited for this show. Probably will be the most important of the year for me. I had no intentions of doing this show but my husband Cale asked me to do it so he could see me onstage. He was not able to see me qualify for the Olympia last Novemeber and he won't be able to be there when I step on that stage. We know now that he is deploying for 15 months next week. Even if I placed dead last, this will be such a special show because he will be in the audience cheering me on. (My gosh, my eyes are welling up with tears.)

I feel so fortunate to have met some truly wonderful people in this sport in such a short time. Thanks again for the support and all the best to all the lovely ladies. See ya'll soon!

I wish your husband a safe tour in Iraq.

Princess Nutritionist
05-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Good luck today! I'll be cheering for you from Texas!
Can't wait to see you, hopefully soon!

DixieReynolds
05-24-2008, 04:35 PM
GOOD LUCK DAR!!! GO GIRL GO GIRL!!!!

nutratroy
05-25-2008, 12:18 AM
GOOD LUCK DAR!!! GO GIRL GO GIRL!!!!

Don't worry Dix, she did work today! She might be top five!!!:awesome:

Will know tonight..she has a strong 2 pc....real strong

Siouxcountry
05-25-2008, 04:11 AM
Don't worry Dix, she did work today! She might be top five!!!:awesome:

Will know tonight..she has a strong 2 pc....real strong

Correct again, Troy! Darlina just placed 5th at the 2008 IFBB California Pro! :awesome:

MsGuns
05-25-2008, 05:05 AM
Great Job Darlina...
I guess you positioned your body good enuff for the judges..they saw you gurl..CONGRATS!!!

nutratroy
05-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Correct again, Troy! Darlina just placed 5th at the 2008 IFBB California Pro! :awesome:

;)

DixieReynolds
05-25-2008, 08:36 AM
CONGRATS DAR!!! WOO HOO!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU GIRL!! YOU ARE GONNA ROCK THIS YEAR AND I HAVE NOT DOUBT WE WILL BE SEEING YOU IN MANY TOP FIVE SPOTS THIS YEAR!!!

:awesome::awesome::awesome:

darlina
05-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Awww-you guys are all so sweet!

Amy-I can't wait to see you girl. Hopefully in Houston or Dallas. Judges say I need to bring down my legs but my conditioning was on. So I've got work to do. These tree trunks wont budge!!!! (Open for suggestions!) Miss you too and thanks for rooting for me.

Hey Troy & Krissy! Where the heck were you guys today? I never got the chance to say hello. I was too busy trying to figure out the placings! Guess I didn't do such a great job but thats why we've got you. You were right on with your projection though I was completely sure you were wrong on my placing. I didn't expect to be top 5 at all. They had to call me back a few times because I didn't listen for my name. That would've been something if I just left!

Thanks Dixie for checking in on me and thanks to everyone for the well wishes and cheers. I appreciate it so much! Its late....going to bed! Hugs.

darlina
05-25-2008, 08:43 AM
CONGRATS DAR!!! WOO HOO!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU GIRL!! YOU ARE GONNA ROCK THIS YEAR AND I HAVE NOT DOUBT WE WILL BE SEEING YOU IN MANY TOP FIVE SPOTS THIS YEAR!!!

:awesome::awesome::awesome:

I sure hope so! It was crazy. All day I thought I was around 7-9th place. I really dont have a clue with the callouts. Then I saw Troy's prediction and said to my husband "is this guy smoking crack?" Of course my husband had me in 6th but really he has no clue either, LOL. I was shocked when they told me backstage I made the top 5! Elated though. My man got to see me up there at the end of the night which was my main goal. So, I'm thrilled. I am hoping for a good year. I'm going to keep myself busy with comps. So we'll see what happens!
Dont you have a show soon?

fitmomma3
05-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Congrats on Top FIVE! So excited for you... reading that entry about you HUBBY is AWESOME! Its more exciting sometimes I think for them when they see you come out in Top 5!!

Shelly
05-25-2008, 12:43 PM
yess congrats on top five Darlina!!! :woohoo:

KRISSY
05-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Hi Darlina:D!!!!
Big congrats on placing top 5-that was well deserved. I am so happy that your husband was able to see you shine up there on stage-you looked GREAT!!!!
I am sorry that I didn't have a chance to see you. I was working our booth all day but I hope to see you soon! Congrats again:awesome:

nutratroy
05-26-2008, 02:57 AM
Awww-you guys are all so sweet!

Hey Troy & Krissy! Where the heck were you guys today? I never got the chance to say hello. I was too busy trying to figure out the placings! Guess I didn't do such a great job but thats why we've got you. You were right on with your projection though I was completely sure you were wrong on my placing. I didn't expect to be top 5 at all. They had to call me back a few times because I didn't listen for my name. That would've been something if I just left!

Hey, are you kidding me, smoking crack???...LOL- You did work girl! I had you 3rd in the 2 pc. I am so pround your husband was there too.

I had a hard time with this show. The top 8 where amazing. I kept swinging back and forth on the call outs. Yea, the judges did really mix you guys up with others. It is crazy (as I told Krissy)...certian girls like you, Heather, Arcinas and HM French just pop out as your first scan the line up due to your outstanding lines. Top five in this show was a HUGE placing. See you in Vegas ;)

Krissy and I had to man our booth....She watched the PJ and said you looked perfect...I tend to agree. I be sure to corner you next time & say hey :D

Awesome job once again :respect:

When is your next show?

DixieReynolds
05-26-2008, 05:28 AM
I sure hope so! It was crazy. All day I thought I was around 7-9th place. I really dont have a clue with the callouts. Then I saw Troy's prediction and said to my husband "is this guy smoking crack?" Of course my husband had me in 6th but really he has no clue either, LOL. I was shocked when they told me backstage I made the top 5! Elated though. My man got to see me up there at the end of the night which was my main goal. So, I'm thrilled. I am hoping for a good year. I'm going to keep myself busy with comps. So we'll see what happens!
Dont you have a show soon?

Thats awesome your husband got to see you up there!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! And yes, Jr. Nats in 4 weeks! ARGH!!!! Trying to figure out what the judges want from me so we will see how it goes! Again... CONGRATS!!! Awesome job girl!

darlina
05-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Troy and Krissy....Great to hear from you two.

I am thrilled with making top five but I tend to be very hard on myself so I will find fault everytime. I really want to work on my lower half. I look like quadzilla and huge butt next to some of the girls but thats my genetics! I'm going to shoot for Houston or Europa next. Just depends on how I adjust after my husband leaves. I wish I could say I'm tough as nails but I know its going to be challenging for me. On one hand it may be good to have something to focus on right away on the other it may be too much pressure. We'll see what happens and I'll be sure to let everyone know on here.

It was great to have my husband, (Cale) at the show and to see me in the top five! I could'nt have asked for more! Yippie!

BTW-the night pictures of me look awful! My stomach went to hell in a handbag. I was having some "problems" to put it lightly. I really hope they don't get posted too much, ugh!

It was an honor to be up there with the the other top girls. This was one heck of a line up as there were too many who could have been up there. (The judges had there work cut out out for them, bigtime!) Everyone looked amazing. Some of the nicest women I've ever met too!

topranked
05-27-2008, 10:34 AM
I wish your husband a safe tour in Iraq.
Your Very Welcome!
Great Job! making the Top 5 you looked awesome!

DanielleA
05-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Troy and Krissy....Great to hear from you two.

I am thrilled with making top five but I tend to be very hard on myself so I will find fault everytime. I really want to work on my lower half. I look like quadzilla and huge butt next to some of the girls but thats my genetics! I'm going to shoot for Houston or Europa next. Just depends on how I adjust after my husband leaves. I wish I could say I'm tough as nails but I know its going to be challenging for me. On one hand it may be good to have something to focus on right away on the other it may be too much pressure. We'll see what happens and I'll be sure to let everyone know on here.

It was great to have my husband, (Cale) at the show and to see me in the top five! I could'nt have asked for more! Yippie!

BTW-the night pictures of me look awful! My stomach went to hell in a handbag. I was having some "problems" to put it lightly. I really hope they don't get posted too much, ugh!

It was an honor to be up there with the the other top girls. This was one heck of a line up as there were too many who could have been up there. (The judges had there work cut out out for them, bigtime!) Everyone looked amazing. Some of the nicest women I've ever met too!

LMAO you are too funny. Congrats on placing in the top 5. It was a tough lineup, you should be very happy!!

darlina
05-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Thats awesome your husband got to see you up there!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! And yes, Jr. Nats in 4 weeks! ARGH!!!! Trying to figure out what the judges want from me so we will see how it goes! Again... CONGRATS!!! Awesome job girl!

Thanks girl! I wish you the best at Jr. Nats. You'll look great, I'm sure! I'll be watching for the updates. :D

Siouxcountry
05-27-2008, 09:45 PM
A very impress start to the 2008 season! 5th at the 2008 IFBB California Pro! :respect:

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=13026&eventcode=1248

Trish
05-28-2008, 01:47 PM
A very impress start to the 2008 season! 5th at the 2008 IFBB California Pro! :respect:

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=13026&eventcode=1248

Wow, she looks awesome. :bowdown:

Siouxcountry
05-30-2008, 02:06 AM
Darlina at the 2008 California Pro. :)

Photos by J.M.Manion.

darlina
05-30-2008, 07:53 PM

Thanks Sioux! I am very pleased. As soon as I'm back home and settled I'll share some pics. Just did a photo shoot in Vegas with Terry Goodlad. He's awesome! Elaine was helping out too and she is just super cool! Chat soon!

:waving:

Siouxcountry
05-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks Sioux! I am very pleased. As soon as I'm back home and settled I'll share some pics. Just did a photo shoot in Vegas with Terry Goodlad. He's awesome! Elaine was helping out too and she is just super cool! Chat soon!

:waving:

Cool, any help you need, you know how to reach me. :cool:

Darlina have you decided whether you'll compete in Houston?

darlina
06-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Cool, any help you need, you know how to reach me. :cool:

Darlina have you decided whether you'll compete in Houston?

I did send in my contract on May 29th and plan to compete in Houston. I've seen conflicting dates on the deadline for entry. The NPC magazine says the 30th and other info says the 24th. So, I imagine I'll hear something early this week. Hope your having a great weekend Sioux!

BTW-Thanks for all your support and for showing an interest in getting to know me. I love what you've done here on your forum and I'm so glad I chose to be a part of it!:awesome1:

darlina
06-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Congrats on Top FIVE! So excited for you... reading that entry about you HUBBY is AWESOME! Its more exciting sometimes I think for them when they see you come out in Top 5!!

thanks fitmomma! I do agree that the men in our lives truly love supporting us. I think we should start a thread for just the men!

thanks for your kind words girl!

Siouxcountry
06-01-2008, 07:05 PM
I did send in my contract on May 29th and plan to compete in Houston. I've seen conflicting dates on the deadline for entry. The NPC magazine says the 30th and other info says the 24th. So, I imagine I'll hear something early this week. Hope your having a great weekend Sioux!

Cool, I'm sure it will work out and you'll be competing in Houston soon. :)

BTW-Thanks for all your support and for showing an interest in getting to know me. I love what you've done here on your forum and I'm so glad I chose to be a part of it!:awesome1:

Darlina it is my pleasure. And if you ever need anything I am here or on MySpace. :)

~Claire~
06-09-2008, 12:33 AM
Hey sexy momma!!! Good luck to you this year!! I sure hope I get to see you! You going to do the Jacksonville Pro?? That's my first one of the year. I hope your prep for the Houston Pro is going great!

darlina
06-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Hey sexy momma!!! Good luck to you this year!! I sure hope I get to see you! You going to do the Jacksonville Pro?? That's my first one of the year. I hope your prep for the Houston Pro is going great!

What's new stranger?! I don't plan to do Jacksonville as I'll need to rest a bit for the Olympia and to be very honest I wont be in full swing of training for Houston until after this Friday when my husband leaves. This is the part of me that chooses to live life first. I wanted to enjoy the last days with my husband so we went to Vegas and ate, ate, and ate. Then his family came to spend a few days and we ate some more!

I've been keeping the cardio way up though. I'm running like Forest Gump! Johnny Tuman told me I should run like the wind with a ruck sack on to bring down my legs. (What else would I expect from an ex Marine!) I think I'd put him in a headlock right now if I saw him. :Dvsness 2: LOL I have had these legs since highschool but we'll see what happens. I'm blessed with great genetics so I will bust my butt in the last three weeks to get where I need to be.

I'm hoping we get to meet up this season. Glad to hear your getting some much needed family time! Keep in touch girl!

Siouxcountry
06-09-2008, 07:57 PM
What's new stranger?! I don't plan to do Jacksonville as I'll need to rest a bit for the Olympia and to be very honest I wont be in full swing of training for Houston until after this Friday when my husband leaves. This is the part of me that chooses to live life first. I wanted to enjoy the last days with my husband so we went to Vegas and ate, ate, and ate. Then his family came to spend a few days and we ate some more!

I've been keeping the cardio way up though. I'm running like Forest Gump! Johnny Tuman told me I should run like the wind with a ruck sack on to bring down my legs. (What else would I expect from an ex Marine!) I think I'd put him in a headlock right now if I saw him. :Dvsness 2: LOL I have had these legs since highschool but we'll see what happens. I'm blessed with great genetics so I will bust my butt in the last three weeks to get where I need to be.

I'm hoping we get to meet up this season. Glad to hear your getting some much needed family time! Keep in touch girl!

Much respect to you and your husband! :respect: I know your husband leaving for Iraq will be hard. :hug:

darlina
06-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Thanks Sioux. It will be hard but we'll both be okay. Now its time for me to knock some socks off this year at the shows and make him proud!

KRISSY
06-10-2008, 01:37 AM
Hi Darlina:)!
You always knock some socks off when you compete and yes, you have great genetics! I know your hubbie was so proud of you at the Cals because you looked GREAT and you placed top 5!!!!! Enjoy your time and I will see you in Texas:)

darlina
06-10-2008, 10:18 PM
You always knock some socks off when you compete and yes, you have great genetics! I know your hubbie was so proud of you at the Cals because you looked GREAT and you placed top 5!!!!! Enjoy your time and I will see you in Texas:)

Thanks Krissy! You always look amazing too. :bowdown: I will see ya soon!

~Claire~
06-11-2008, 10:22 AM

So, your hubby is heading out Friday, huh? I know that sucks, but with your level of strength, I'm sure you are going to be ok. If not, you know...that invitation to come here for a stay is still open!!!!!! I'll be praying for your hubby to stay safe, and I'll be praying that you stay strong!!!
As for the legs...SHUT UP!!!! I'd give almost anything to be trying to bring my legs down. Instead, I can't get these little chicken legs to grow!!!! They are SUPER stubborn! Maybe we can compromise here and share our problems with each other. That way we'll get to where we want to be!!! LOL!!

I love and miss ya!!

darlina
06-11-2008, 11:55 AM
So, your hubby is heading out Friday, huh? I know that sucks, but with your level of strength, I'm sure you are going to be ok. If not, you know...that invitation to come here for a stay is still open!!!!!! I'll be praying for your hubby to stay safe, and I'll be praying that you stay strong!!!
As for the legs...SHUT UP!!!! I'd give almost anything to be trying to bring my legs down. Instead, I can't get these little chicken legs to grow!!!! They are SUPER stubborn! Maybe we can compromise here and share our problems with each other. That way we'll get to where we want to be!!! LOL!!

I love and miss ya!!

LOL! I'll give you this if you give me that....wouldn't it be great if it were that easy!? My order would look something like this... I'll be having Gina's butt, Heather MF's Abs, Jenn Gates head, Huong's calves, Krissy's back, Adela's legs, keep my shoulders. Top that with a little bit of Meriza, Felicia, Claire, Jane, Natalie..... and i should be good to go! (Would love to see that one pieced together!) LOL GA sounds great right now!

DixieReynolds
06-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Good luck this weekend Dar!! How's prep going?

darlina
06-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Good luck this weekend Dar!! How's prep going?

Thanks Dixie. Sorry I haven't caught up with you recently.

Prep has going great. I feel good and I really like what I'm bringing to this show. My best yet, IMO. We'll see what happens!

Siouxcountry
07-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Good luck this Friday and Saturday, Darlina! :waving:

Siouxcountry
07-02-2008, 12:07 AM
A short interview with Darlina Brown by Isaac Hinds..........

http://www.hardbody.com/news/2008/07/01/brown-is-back-darlina-style/

You’re already qualified for the Olympia, why compete in the Houston Pro Figure show?

Nobody knows who I am. I wanted the opportunity to be better known before the Olympia rolls around and to see if I could give a consistent showing and placing. Of course, it all depends on who shows up that day. Additionally, its keeping me busy as my husband just deployed. Its serving as a positive outlet for me and a distraction from my reality…so to speak.

By the way, Darlina, I know who you are and am very proud of you! :hug:

darlina
07-02-2008, 01:52 AM
A short interview with Darlina Brown by Isaac Hinds..........

http://www.hardbody.com/news/2008/07/01/brown-is-back-darlina-style/

By the way, Darlina, I know who you are and am very proud of you! :hug:

Awww-thanks Sioux. Your one of few and one of the first! :kiss:

Shelly
07-02-2008, 12:08 PM
good luck darlina! sorry to hear about your hubby! but aleast you can keep focused on the positives in your life!:awesome:

darlina
07-02-2008, 07:35 PM
good luck darlina! sorry to hear about your hubby! but aleast you can keep focused on the positives in your life!:awesome:

Thanks so much. Its a great way to keep busy and distracted. My husband would much rather see me competing then chowing down Oreo's to pass the time! LOL thanks for the support.

Sioux, I have a pic at two weeks out but I'm not sure how to post it!

Siouxcountry
07-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Darlina Brown at two weeks out from the Houston Pro..................... :cool:

Shelly
07-03-2008, 12:38 AM
darlina!!!

look at that shape!!:woohoo:

your gonna rock it girl!:awesome:

DanielleA
07-03-2008, 01:33 AM
ohhhh I heart your quads!! good luck D!

darlina
07-03-2008, 02:26 AM
darlina!!!

look at that shape!!:woohoo:

your gonna rock it girl!:awesome:

ohhhh I heart your quads!! good luck D!

Thanks ladies! I'm hoping I do well. I've been trying to get my quads down and I've actually lost an inch and a half, thank gosh. I hate these things! But thanks for the compliments!

Siouxcountry
07-03-2008, 02:33 AM
Thanks ladies! I'm hoping I do well. I've been trying to get my quads down and I've actually lost an inch and a half, thank gosh. I hate these things! But thanks for the compliments!

I hear it is very difficult to lose quad muscle, once you got it. What did you do to lose 1.5 inches?

:)

DixieReynolds
07-03-2008, 03:49 AM
I hear it is very difficult to lose quad muscle, once you got it. What did you do to lose 1.5 inches?

Do tell Dar!!! My trainer told me that my ass and legs are too big so I have to bring them down before Team U! ARGH!!! So, I will be cardio-ing my ass off the next nine weeks, literally!! I actually think that he is the first man in the HISTORY of this earth to tell me my ass is too big!!! LOL!!!! That damn upper body is just too darn small!!!

BTW... you look FABULOUS in your progress pic at two weeks out! I am glad you are feeling good and bringing your best yet... that is the BEST feeling ever. I didnt have it at Jr Nats, so I know how valuable it can be when you do have it! No worries on not catching up lately, I know you have been totally focused!! I didnt have a good showing at all at Jr. Nats so not much to tell on my end! I wish I wouldve taken you up on the suit offer, mine was so last minute I didnt have a chance to even really try it on and take any pics beforehand and it wasnt quite high enough on the hips so it didnt help my showing at all! Oh well... move on to the next one. It actually was a swift kick in the ass, so time to pull it together for Team U!!!

Good luck in Houston, you know I will be rooting for you!!!!

DixieReynolds
07-03-2008, 03:54 AM
BTW... I really enjoyed that interview! Thank you for letting us in on some of your personal thoughts!!!! 18 Days!!! YOU ROCK!!!

darlina
07-03-2008, 10:48 AM

I have been running my butt off. I told John Tuman that I don't train legs at all after he said to bring them down. I told him I just do stepmill. He suggested to "run, put on a rucksack and run." So, I tried the whole rucksack thing and he's out of his freakin mind, LOL. But I have been running every six hours at a slower pace. I'm a sprinter usually so slowing down made me feel like I wasn't working hard enough. It was a mental challenge but its worked. My clothes are falling off me. That's never happened especially in the thigh area. I've also done way more stretching. I get awfully tight in the hips and low back if I don't. The rest was diet. And yes, only 18 days. Actually, after 6 days there was a very noticible change. I was like, "I just might be able to pull this off."

Sioux, I never thought it would be so darn hard to get rid of muscle! I haven't trained arms now for three years but they just dont go!

Dixie, you'll pull it together again. You've gotta try new things sometimes to see what works. I may come watch Team U because I'll be home in NY!! Woo-hoo! My old stomping ground. Team U is where I went pro in fitness in 1999!!

SunlovinCO
07-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Darlina Brown at two weeks out from the Houston Pro..................... :cool:

You really look amazing! Great Work! and I love your suit, it is truly stunning..

darlina
07-03-2008, 02:08 PM
You really look amazing! Great Work! and I love your suit, it is truly stunning..

Thanks so much. FYI-I wont be wearing that two piece. I have a new one but the green is for sale! Have a great weekend!

DAUGTHEROFGOD
07-03-2008, 02:59 PM
MRS. DARLINA, U HAVE SOME ABS YOUNGIN' :) GREAT LOKKIN' ABS:)

Siouxcountry
07-04-2008, 04:19 AM
Team U is where I went pro in fitness in 1999!!

I keep forgetting how young the sport of figure is. Only 5 years, and look how big it's gotten!

DixieReynolds
07-05-2008, 03:59 AM
OMG DAR!!! Guess what color my next suits are!!! You guessed it..... Red! I just saw your new two piece and I just about cracked up!!! I have all my others up for sale on divaexchage. I am also gonna go with hunter green too. In the process of ordering two new one-pieces and two new two pieces!

And btw.... YOU LOOKED AWESOME at the show!!! You can really tell you have brought down your legs!!! GREAT JOB!! :respect:

Siouxcountry
07-05-2008, 05:11 AM
Prejudging pics of Darlina Brown (2008 Houston Pro (http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=contest&eventcode=1261)).............

:cool:

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=13026&eventcode=1261

Siouxcountry
07-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Darlina posted her thoughts on the show here.............

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?p=71004#post71004

She tied with Natalie Benson for 9th place...........

nutratroy
07-08-2008, 04:34 AM
Darlina is the truth!!!!

It was great hangin ten girlie...see ya soon;)

Siouxcountry
07-09-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm liking these BB.com photos! :awesome:

KRISSY
07-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi Darlina:waving:!!
It was an absolute pleasure meeting you and hanging with you in Houston!!!! You are a riot! A sweetheart, incredible athlete and what a sense of humor! Please do keep in touch and as you get closer to the Olympia.....stop looking for the reeses at night...LOL

Nancypro
07-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Just wanted to say hello. Best wishes with whatever is next for you.

Nancy

DixieReynolds
07-14-2008, 04:18 AM
Hey Dar! It was great catchin up with you the other day. Team U prep is underway! I am dreading the starting point pics!! All the reeses cups and pizza have really been a pleasure but not good to the body!!! LOL!!! Oh well! I hope you can make the show!

Talk to you soon!!

XOXO
Dixie

nutratroy
07-14-2008, 06:26 AM
Hey Dar,

Hope all is well. Your glutes are the truth girl!:bowdown:

Check PM

DixieReynolds
07-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Your glutes are the truth girl!:bowdown:

I concur!!!!! :respect:

Princess Nutritionist
07-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Hey Sweetie,
How are you? I miss you! Come visit us its only a few hours away! We can go to the MAC Store :)

KRISSY
07-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Hi Darlina:D!
Have a wonderful weekend!! I can't wait to see you and hang out with you again. Listen-call me when you can;)

Krissyxo

darlina
07-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Hey Sweetie,
How are you? I miss you! Come visit us its only a few hours away! We can go to the MAC Store :)

Hey girl, Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I've had some things going on here. I am hoping to make it out to Europa and I will be screaming my head off and the MAC store-- (LOL) I can just shop in your room!

Princess Nutritionist
07-24-2008, 11:19 PM
Yea, I know your coming to Europa for sure :)

But MY MAC isn't for sale! You can window shop in my room.

darlina
07-29-2008, 02:44 AM
Darlina at the Houston Pro...........

:cool:

HATING THIS PIC SIOUX!! I MEAN REALLY-REALLY!

Did I mention that I REALLY hate it? :puke:

Siouxcountry
07-29-2008, 03:33 AM
HATING THIS PIC SIOUX!! I MEAN REALLY-REALLY!

Did I mention that I REALLY hate it? :puke:

I'll remove it. I thought it was an excellent photo of you.

You are to picky. :p

darlina
07-29-2008, 03:59 PM
I'll remove it. I thought it was an excellent photo of you.

You are to picky. :p

No need to remove it and I appreciate that you liked it. I am very critical of my pics being I'm not too photogenic. However, there are much worse on the net!

Shelly
07-29-2008, 04:01 PM
darlina you are beautiful dont be crazy you look great in those photos!

but we are all our own worst critics!

darlina
07-29-2008, 10:32 PM
darlina you are beautiful dont be crazy you look great in those photos!

but we are all our own worst critics!

Thanks girls! We women are very hard on ourselves. I envy men for being more confident or just not giving a damn.

That's why I love this site....such positive and supportive people! :respect:

SiouxCountry rocks! :awesome:

DixieReynolds
08-07-2008, 03:08 AM
Just stopping by to say hi to one of my favorite pros!!! See you in a couple weeks!

brandiewilliams
08-12-2008, 12:56 AM
Hi Darlina.
I just posted a thread about reducing quad sweep and Sioux told me to read your thread. Quick question....Did you lose any muscle mass in your upperbody? I've heard that running that much make you lose muscle quickly.

darlina
08-12-2008, 02:21 AM
Hi Darlina.
I just posted a thread about reducing quad sweep and Sioux told me to read your thread. Quick question....Did you lose any muscle mass in your upperbody? I've heard that running that much make you lose muscle quickly.

Hi Brandie-I didn't lose muscle in my upper body as I kept the cardio at a slower run. However this time around I will be using NO2 and upping the glutamine and BCAA's because I am doing even more cardio.

Just keep the run at a slower intensity and you should be okay and I don't do more than a half hour run at a time so that helped I think.

Hope this helps you out!
Take care.

Trish
08-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi Darlina:waving:
I just wanted to compliment you. I think you look great and wanted to know how you go into this lifestyle.

Just curious on how you have grown in the years. Do you have a website.

Siouxcountry
09-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Darlina we been internet friends for quite sometime now. I know you are about to live your dream! I am so proud of you! :hug: Good luck, Darlina! I'll be watching via webcast! :waving:

darlina
09-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Darlina we been internet friends for quite sometime now. I know you are about to live your dream! I am so proud of you! :hug: Good luck, Darlina! I'll be watching via webcast! :waving:

You know I'm fond of you sioux! I appreciate all your kind words and encouragement. I'm sorry I've been out of sight for awhile, lots going on. On a positive note my website, www.darlinabrown.com just went live. Still have much more to add but at least its up and running. I'd love your feedback!

Siouxcountry
09-23-2008, 11:55 PM
I'd love your feedback!

I like how the enter button is right there (not hard to find), so we don't have to wait for the flash program to stop.

Site Map is nice (I don't see this on most model sites).

Nice that links to the galleries are on every page in the left corner.

You make it easy to buy pics.

I like nice professional, but simple sites. I like your site. :cool:

Maybe add your contest history, and some more show pics.

You could add training videos as well.

And don't forget to add a link to your favorite meesage board. :D

Siouxcountry
09-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Darlina at the Meet The Olympians Thursday evening.................

Siouxcountry
09-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Darlina at this year's Ms Figure Olympia. :)

Pics................

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=13026&eventcode=1291

topranked
09-28-2008, 10:12 AM
WOW! Darlina Looked Great!

~Claire~
09-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Hey sweetie!!! I thought you looked so incredible at the O!!! When John was doing my tan, he mentioned how great your legs were going to look...and ohhhhhh was he correct! Nice girl...nice!!! You just looked stunning!

Siouxcountry
09-30-2008, 12:08 AM
Hi, Darlina,

Please share with us your O experience? :popcorn:

You looked amazing, just as I knew you would! :cool:

darlina
10-03-2008, 12:15 AM
Well I'm back at home and have taken a few days rest. My body felt tore up!! The Olympia was a great experience. All the girls are sweet and kind. I really love Mary Lado and it was great chatting it up with her. Paola and Lenay are wonderful. Real down to earth and fun. Jane Awad is so cool and the list just goes on. I was nervous and kinda kept to myself during the earlier part of the week. I had a toothache from hell during prejudging which I never made mention of but that sucked. Anyway- I knew early on that my call outs weren't favorable but I went in with a physique I liked. I'm struggling to find the balance between being tight and not too conditioned while keeping my face healthy looking. I'll get it one of these days. It wasn't until I stood on that stage at the Arena--seeing all those people and the huge screen and all the video camera's that I was like "wow, I'm here! I made it to this stage." I was in awe. I tried not to make sense of my placing or lack there of, LOL, especially when I saw other top girl like Felicia and Bernadette who have won pro shows in the same placings. It became apparent to me then that I was at the "top of the top" and I was just thankful to stand on the same stage with all the women. I only had one disappointment--I ate with my brother in-laws after the finals and got sick. I missed the after-parties doggonit!! Hopefully there will be a next time.

On another note--I was very saddened to hear of Steve Stone's passing. He was very attentive to me knowing my husband was deployed and that I was at the show by myself. He introduced me to all the guys backstage and invited me to hang out with all of them after the show. He gave me his phone number and told me not to hesitate to call if I needed anything. I've known him since 1997 when I first started competing. He had interviewed me a few times for MSG and being from NY our paths crossed many times thru the years. I am so thankful I had the chance to see him again. He was a wonderful man and my heart goes out to his family and friends.

Siouxcountry
10-03-2008, 12:36 AM
Welcome back home Darlina! Thanks for posting for us how it went for you.

It's great to read how so many get along backstage! :waving:

I thought you looked great! :cool:

Louisianagirl
10-03-2008, 08:14 PM
No worries Darlina...you got it going on! And don't you forget it. :)

It was very nice meeting you. I hope you are doing well!

Siouxcountry
10-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Darlina on stage at the 2008 Ms Figure Olympia! :waving:

Photo by J.M. Manion.

darlina
10-05-2008, 03:34 PM

Hiya girl!! Thanks so much. It was so great meeting you too. What's been nice at these shows is getting to know everyone a little better makes it a more enjoyable experience. You are gorgeous and have a rockin body. I think I'll be seeing you again real soon--wink/wink. :awesome1:

Fitrose
10-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Hiya girl!! Thanks so much. It was so great meeting you too. What's been nice at these shows is getting to know everyone a little better makes it a more enjoyable experience. You are gorgeous and have a rockin body. I think I'll be seeing you again real soon--wink/wink. :awesome1:

Sacramento perhaps ;)

Rose

darlina
10-05-2008, 05:28 PM

Sacramento perhaps ;)

Rose

Actually--Kentucky--so far. My hotel and airfare are booked. Contract has been faxed.

Its been awhile woman! I'm hoping to see you! You look phenomenal this year. Then again, you always do!:respect:

Fitrose
10-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Well....I might be doing the Kentucky also so hopefully we'll get to meet again!!! It has been too long girl. You also look really good. Have always loved your body. :bowdown:

Rose x x x

phillips2n1
10-11-2008, 03:18 AM
Darlina-
Your body is amazing. Great symmetry. How tall are you? Who was you trainer for the O, and how long have you been with him/her. Can you share some thought on off season nutrition.

darlina
10-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Darlina-
Your body is amazing. Great symmetry. How tall are you? Who was you trainer for the O, and how long have you been with him/her. Can you share some thought on off season nutrition.

Hi-Thanks so much for your compliments. I'm 5'4 and hoping for another inch! My trainer is John Kreklo who is based out of Austin, TX. So he is close to home. We met last year but I didn't officially hook up with him until the prep for the Olympia. I was finding it very hard to focus with so much going on in my personal life. I just wanted someone to tell me what to do and to hold me accountable. I told him what I wanted to present on stage and that was the goal we worked toward. I was very pleased. I achieved the look I was after however I was too conditioned for the new quidelines and my face was a little too drawn. That being said I need to bring down my quads and now I'm working to streamline my physique. Perhaps filling out a little yet staying tight will be rewarded in the future. I like the direction the sport is going. Unfortuantely for me, I've got quite a bit of muscle which I find is difficult to break down. It will take sometime but I think its an attainable goal. Up next is Sacramento and Kentucky where you will see some changes that John has helped me implement.

Princess Nutritionist
10-26-2008, 02:45 AM
Hey! How are you? I can't wait to see you! Do you need me to stop at the MAC store for you? You know I make a weekly trip there. Oh, I just got back from the MAC PRO store today. I almost have everything in the whole store!
I'm gonna text you! Steve says hi!

Siouxcountry
10-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Ok, champ, almost showtime again! Good luck and have fun in Sacramento! :respect: ;)

darlina
10-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Ok, champ, almost showtime again! Good luck and have fun in Sacramento! :respect: ;)
Thanks so much Sioux! I'm looking forward to it. This was such a fun show last year. John Tuman and Ted Williamson put on a great show and I love that Sandy is the head judge. She's great. Not long now. It's going to be a tough show with so many great newbies and oldies--its anyone's game! As always, I'm grateful to be one of them.

sue upson
11-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Good luck Darlina!! :waving:

sue upson
11-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Awesome job.. congrats Darlina!!

JulieAnnK
11-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Great job Darlina! You looked awesome!
Can't wait to catch up this wknd in Kentucky. Travel safe!

Shelly
11-03-2008, 02:11 PM
great job D!!!:respect:

Chawk1
11-03-2008, 03:27 PM
It was great meeting you! You looked amazing up there.. Best of luck to you dear!

Siouxcountry
11-03-2008, 07:41 PM
It was great meeting you! You looked amazing up there.. Best of luck to you dear!

Darlina always looks amazing! :cool:

Darlina placed 10th at the Sacramento Figure Pro...............

KRISSY
11-03-2008, 09:19 PM
You looked great!!!! Miss ya! Go rock it at Kentucky!!!!! I will be cheering for ya!

Krissyxo

darlina
11-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Awesome job.. congrats Darlina!! thanks so much Sue! Look forward to meeting up with you in the future!

Great job Darlina! You looked awesome!
Can't wait to catch up this wknd in Kentucky. Travel safe! Can't wait to see you again pretty girl--we're gonna have much fun!

great job D!!!:respect: You girls rock! Thanks for the support!

It was great meeting you! You looked amazing up there.. Best of luck to you dear! Hey woman!! Carin you look wonderful too! We master girls kick butt-LOL! Well, we're holding our own. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Darlina always looks amazing! :cool:

Darlina placed 10th at the Sacramento Figure Pro............... As always Sioux, your too kind. I was a bit off for Sacramento but hopefully can pull it together enough for this weekend. I'd love for my hubby to see me on the "O" stage next year. He'll be home just in time.

You looked great!!!! Miss ya! Go rock it at Kentucky!!!!! I will be cheering for ya!
KrissyxoMY GIRL!! Where have you been all my life!? LOL I miss ya. I hope you and hubby are doing well and can't wait to see you both!

Siouxcountry
11-04-2008, 07:02 PM
You may have been a bit off, but your bit off is still very impressive. :) Safe travels to Kentucky and good luck my friend! :waving:

~Claire~
11-05-2008, 12:03 AM
Hey hot stuff!!!! I can't wait to see you in a couple of days!!! Let's party!!!

Kristin
11-05-2008, 01:31 PM
It was nice meeting you at the Sac! Have a great time in KY...I'll be pushing good vibes your way ;)

darlina
11-05-2008, 09:42 PM
It was nice meeting you at the Sac! Have a great time in KY...I'll be pushing good vibes your way ;)

Thanks sweety! I need all the good vibes I can get--I'm so fried!

Congrats to you on such a great placing. You see, they liked your look. Awesome! Enjoy your holidays!

Chawk1
11-06-2008, 04:04 AM
You go hot mama! I wish all the best... I will be glued to the computer
xoxo:p

Siouxcountry
11-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Darlina was in 2nd call outs at the KentuckyMuscle this afternoon. :)

KRISSY
11-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Hi Darlina:D!
Another strong showing. Congrats sweetie!!!!

Krissyxo

Fitrose
11-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Good job Darlina. Wish I was there to celebrate with you...xx

Rose

Siouxcountry
11-09-2008, 04:06 AM
Top 5 for Darlina! :awesome:

Darlina placed 5th at the KentuckMuscle Pro!

Chawk1
11-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Good job Darlina!! What did we say last week??? We master momma's got it going on!! Yea baby!! You looked amazing now enjoy yourself :kiss:

Nancypro
11-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Congrats Darlina. Way to go. :)

Shelly
11-09-2008, 05:38 PM
awesome darlina that is just fantastic!

Christina
11-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Wow, Darlina! You really "brought it" at the KY show! I was enamored with your posts on how you struggled to get your legs the way you wanted through really tough training. It's nice to know the pros have problem spots too; sometimes you ladies all look like superheroes!
Can't wait to see your pics, and if you have advice on how to GROW legs, lemme know. My problem is the opposite! I have toothpicks! Ha!:waving:

Heather Green
11-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Darlina TOP 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You looked awesome girl, so so happy for you!
It was so great getting to know you! It wouldn't have been the same without you:)

Siouxcountry
11-11-2008, 02:46 AM
Thank you so much for sharing your KentuckyMuscle backstage pics with us Darlina!.................... :cool:

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?p=133915#post133915

darlina
11-11-2008, 03:10 AM
Thank you so much for sharing your KentuckyMuscle backstage pics with us Darlina!.................... :cool:

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?p=133915#post133915

Only for my favorite board moderator!! You rock. :awesome:

Siouxcountry
11-11-2008, 03:33 AM
Only for my favorite board moderator!! You rock. :awesome:

Thanks for that! :hug:

LizaFit
11-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Darlina it was so great meeting you... I felt so comfortable visiting with you as if I knew you already... we just "clicked" :)... Congrats on your placing... you look amazing... very fit, feminine... just a great role model for women... you motivate me! It was a bummer we didn't catch up at the after party BUT next time we will make sure we can get in touch with eachother!

Looking forward to keeping in touch with you!

xoxo Liza

Siouxcountry
11-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Darlina at the 2008 KentuckyMuscle Figure Pro (http://www.siouxcountry.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)................ :cool:

Photo by Isaac Hinds.

Siouxcountry
11-13-2008, 04:41 AM
Photos by Rick Lohre. :)

LizaFit
11-19-2008, 02:58 AM
Hey Pretty Girl... how's it going??? What have you been up to since KY? Hope all is well, looking forward to meeting up with you again, don't be a stranger ;)

xo Liza

LizaFit
11-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Darlina I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday with your family in Alabama! Im sure you will have a blast.. I will be in Miami with my family as well... lots of latinos under one roof.. so you know we will be doing some dancin' :D I bet you will be too! It's going to be fun spending time with you at some shows next season!

Thank you for all of you very nice compliments... they are heartfelt... you will be an amazing Mom when the time is right for you... Children are a true blessing. xoxo Liza

LizaFit
12-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Hey Darlina... where you been girl?????? Hope all is well.. wanted you to know I was thinking of you and wishing you a very Merry Christmas! Want to know what's going on with you.

xox Liza

LizaFit
01-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Hi Darlina!!! Happy New Year Pretty Girl... I'm so happy to hear that you spent time with your family over the Holidays.. and now you get to spend some SWEET time with your hubby in Jamaica :D!! I wish you an incredible time Darlina! Looking forward to catching up with you sometime this year.. we have to get some dancing in together :)!

xoxo Liza

Heather Green
01-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Darlina, I'm so happy to hear you're with your husband again!! I can't even imagine how happy you were when he stepped off that plane:) yay

LizaFit
04-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Hi Darlina!!!! :waving: So nice to hear from you on the Europa thread...
I've been great, thank you doll! How the heck are you? The last i heard from you, you were heading on a vacation with your hubby! How was it... and what are you up to? Miss hearing from you! :kiss:

xox Liza

Fitrose
04-05-2009, 01:50 AM
OMG!!!! Back with hubby. That's is the best news I have heard in a while. Enjoy...xo

Rose

Siouxcountry
05-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Diana Stanback chats with Darlina on Siouxcountry Radio.......... :popcorn:

http://cdn1.libsyn.com/pijoehawley/DianaDarlinaSioux.mp3

Or

http://www.siouxcountryradio.com/

http://www.siouxcountryradio.com/securedownload5.jpeg

Siouxcountry
05-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Darlina I'm looking forward to you competing in either the shows in Texas or the East Coast. :waving:

Thanks again for being on our show! :respect:

LizaFit
05-04-2009, 01:09 AM
Oh my gosh.. I'm going to listen to this tonight! I've dying to know what you are up to Darlina.. and what your plans are! I know we only met in KY and spent very little time but we really hit it off... I hope to see you again soon!

xox Liza

LizaFit
08-11-2009, 03:25 AM
Hi Darlina! What's going on with you??? Hope you are good girl... are you doing the AC show???? Fill us in :D

xox Liza

darlina
08-15-2009, 08:03 AM
Hi Darlina! What's going on with you??? Hope you are good girl... are you doing the AC show???? Fill us in :D

xox Liza

Hey Liza! I've been super busy but I'm in big time training mode and could be popping up on the Big EAST Coast----my home area for an end of season appearance! :dance:

LizaFit
08-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Hey Liza! I've been super busy but I'm in big time training mode and could be popping up on the Big EAST Coast----my home area for an end of season appearance! :dance:

Great news Darlina!! Would love to see you back on stage.. girl you have such an incredible physique!!! keep me posted on what show you decide on! ;)

xox Liza

KRISSY
08-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Miss ya girl! Look forward to seeing you back on stage!!!!! I hope everything is great on your end!

Krissyxo

nutratroy
09-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Darlina jumping in the ATL Show...hum......interesting...lol. I would have to say your my fav going in thus far!

I'll get the party rooms ready in LV;)

darlina
09-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Darlina jumping in the ATL Show...hum......interesting...lol. I would have to say your my fav going in thus far!

I'll get the party rooms ready in LV;)

You crack me up Troy! I'm feeling pretty darn good--going it at my lightest since turning pro in 1999! I've maintained a smaller frame since my 5th place in Kentucky last year. Hopefully it works. OMG--what a freakin party it would be in LV! My husband is dying to go plus he's heard so much about you, Krissy and Steve and Amy that he'd love to meet ya'll. Keep your fingers crossed and every other part of your body too, lol.

Again, HUGE congrats to the Chinster!! I'm so thrilled for her and you.:awesome:

KRISSY
09-03-2009, 03:30 PM
You crack me up Troy! I'm feeling pretty darn good--going it at my lightest since turning pro in 1999! I've maintained a smaller frame since my 5th place in Kentucky last year. Hopefully it works. OMG--what a freakin party it would be in LV! My husband is dying to go plus he's heard so much about you, Krissy and Steve and Amy that he'd love to meet ya'll. Keep your fingers crossed and every other part of your body too, lol.

Again, HUGE congrats to the Chinster!! I'm so thrilled for her and you.:awesome:
Hi Darlina:D!!!
I guess that you can tell that my hubbie and I adore ya! Wishing you all the best next week in AC!!! I can't wait to see you back on stage. I Just wish I could be there in person! I will be sending positive vibes your way from Cali. Go get em' sweetheart!

Krissyxo

Siouxcountry
09-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Darlina, hope you enjoy competing at the Atlantic City Pro this weekend. :) Good luck!

darlina
09-09-2009, 04:07 AM
Darlina, hope you enjoy competing at the Atlantic City Pro this weekend. :) Good luck!

Thanks so much! I feel great. I'll be bringing a tighter physique and competing at my lightest, 119lb. A big difference from my 124. We'll see how it goes! Let me know if you need help finding someone to text you callouts. :D

Fitrose
09-09-2009, 07:53 AM
Hey baby girl!!!! You know I'm cheering for you. I can't wait to see your new look. Best of luck....xxx

Rose

Siouxcountry
09-13-2009, 07:47 PM
I love the way you look Darlina, more muscular or less muscular, you always look great! Did you two have a great time? :)

Darlina competed at the 2009 IFBB Atlantic City Figure Pro.....

Fitrose
09-14-2009, 12:32 AM
Another one that should have placed higher! Can't wait to hear about your thoughts on the show. Hope you had a good time.

Rose x

darlina
09-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Thanks Rosa and Sioux! I have to admit that pictures say a thousand words and after seeing them.....I didn't deserve a top 5 placing. I lost size on my upper body with all the running and I cannot afford to do that with my legs being dominant. However, I didn't think I deserved 4th or 5th call out. I also think when there is so many girls, the judges start to overlook people. When I was doing my 3 point turns during the one piece round, some were'nt even looking at me. I understand they have a difficult job but that was a bit disheartening. Anyhow, It was a well run show as I'd expected. Everyone was great and really seemed to care about the athletes-so hats off to the promoters and the crew backstage. It was great to be on the east coast again. I followed the show with a trip to NY to see family and celebrate the fact that I AM 5 WEEKS PREGNANT!! I feel accomplished in that alone---being onstage for a show and pregnant. I don't like to back out of commitments so I went through with it. So, I'll be gone for awhile and when I come back it will absolutely be in fitness. I don't think my physique is cut out for what they're looking for in figure and I can do all the fitness mandatories. Thats really where I belong. Good luck to everyone at the "O"!!!

LizaFit
09-14-2009, 05:17 PM
Darlina... oh my gosh.. I'm soooooooooooooooo thrilled for you and your hubby!!! CONGRATS!!!! What incredible news... you just made my whole day brighter :D :yippie::hug:

I have always been a huge fan of your athletic, sleek physique and I'm also thrilled that when the time is right and you return... it will be in Fitness!!! :awesome:

love ya girl! xoxo Liza

Siouxcountry
09-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks Rosa and Sioux! I have to admit that pictures say a thousand words and after seeing them.....I didn't deserve a top 5 placing. I lost size on my upper body with all the running and I cannot afford to do that with my legs being dominant. However, I didn't think I deserved 4th or 5th call out. I also think when there is so many girls, the judges start to overlook people. When I was doing my 3 point turns during the one piece round, some were'nt even looking at me. I understand they have a difficult job but that was a bit disheartening. Anyhow, It was a well run show as I'd expected. Everyone was great and really seemed to care about the athletes-so hats off to the promoters and the crew backstage. It was great to be on the east coast again. I followed the show with a trip to NY to see family and celebrate the fact that I AM 5 WEEKS PREGNANT!! I feel accomplished in that alone---being onstage for a show and pregnant. I don't like to back out of commitments so I went through with it. So, I'll be gone for awhile and when I come back it will absolutely be in fitness. I don't think my physique is cut out for what they're looking for in figure and I can do all the fitness mandatories. Thats really where I belong. Good luck to everyone at the "O"!!!

Congrats to you and John! What an exciting year next year will be for you two! :awesome:

cray17
09-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Congrats on the new addition to your family, Darlina! I know you and John have got to be thrilled. :awesome: Good luck with your new baby, and we'll be awaiting your return to the stage. ;)

Fitrose
09-14-2009, 10:40 PM
OMG!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! This is wonderful news. So so happy for you Darlina.

Rose

Roxana
09-15-2009, 12:07 AM
Congrats again lady!

You will make an amazing mommy! John and I are so happy for you and Cale!!

Love ya!

darlina
09-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Thanks to EVERYONE for your well wishes and congrats as they are much appreciated. I am elated--life is wonderful.

Liza and Rose, thanks girls for your support. I have a mutual appreciation for your physique's too! I look forward to seeing you both again from the fitness stage sometime in 2010.

Sioux-thanks for always being such a positive person in our small world of fitness and for your neverending encouragement. You rock! I will most definitely be posting about the pregnancy and how my training is going. I won't dare stop hitting the gym.

Rox-thanks for all the great tans and lending an ear. You and John are two very wonderful people and I know you truly share in my joy!

Be well everybody!! Much love!

Shelly
09-15-2009, 07:04 PM
awwww late here but CONGRATS DARLINA! so exciting!!!!! :D:D

nutratroy
09-16-2009, 05:32 AM

A lot of "reading' here Dar. Your physique is impeccable, hard to think this happened. Your an Olympian for christ sakes!
Look- CONGRATS! Man we wanted to party in Vegas too, but it's not bring your own Baby bottle...lol

Hope your well otherwise:)

KRISSY
09-19-2009, 10:06 PM
HUGE CONGRATS!!!!! What exciting news!!!!!!! I am so happy for you, babies are just precious. For being pregnant on stage I think you looked fabulous in AC! Sending you and your hubbie a big congrats and big hugs!!!!!

Krissyxo