PDA

View Full Version : NPC NC State Championship, April 10

dreammaker
02-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Hi girls! Are any of you competing in the NC States show in High Point on April 10th? It's my first show and I am very excited!

jewelisa
02-17-2010, 11:46 PM
hello there I will be competing .. what division are you in ? looking forward to meeting you.. a few Sioux gals will be there !

7.5 weeks baby :awesome:

Redhawk30
02-18-2010, 12:22 AM
Kayde has a few girls that she has been helping with posing that will be doing the show. Seems like there's going to be a lot of people competing. Should be a good show. Kayde and I both plan on being there if anyone needs any help with anything.

jewelisa
02-18-2010, 12:26 AM
hey slave husband to Kayde ,

any tanning peeps gonna be there ? and/or photographer recommendations ?

looking forward to meeting you both ..

tkokayde
02-18-2010, 03:28 AM
Marilyn from LSR and I were talking about her spraying there. A few of my girls have said they would definitely be in, but we need to make sure there will be enough people to make it cost effective. Anyone in?

dreammaker
02-18-2010, 04:34 AM
hello there I will be competing .. what division are you in ? looking forward to meeting you.. a few Sioux gals will be there !

7.5 weeks baby :awesome:
I will be competing in the figure competition.

jewelisa
02-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Marilyn from LSR and I were talking about her spraying there. A few of my girls have said they would definitely be in, but we need to make sure there will be enough people to make it cost effective. Anyone in?

kayde,

if she is gonna be there i will use her .. it will be my first time ( spraying w/ LSR ) i will just needs tips etc...

thanks
lisa

jewelisa
02-18-2010, 09:53 AM

yea .. i'll be in tall class .. make sure you track us down .. Sioux Pics !

tkokayde
02-18-2010, 04:06 PM

Kristy! Well, way to speak up and say hello! Lol. Glad to see you on here. SC is where it's at.

I saw pics of Kristy yesterday. WOW. Somebody has been working it in the gym!

Figure_k
03-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Hey girlies-
Yes, there will be on site JanTana Airbrush tanning at the NC State..
Contact Neely Simmons at superbuffgirl@yahoo.com!
See you there!!
:waving:

sue upson
03-11-2010, 02:05 AM
I'll be there! Can't wait to see you Kisha!!!

Figure_k
03-15-2010, 02:13 PM
I'll be there! Can't wait to see you Kisha!!!

Yay!! I'm excited to see u too!!

babytatten
03-15-2010, 02:45 PM
I can't find any info on this show ... anyone have a website for it? I may go just to watch.

Siouxcountry
03-15-2010, 02:52 PM
I can't find any info on this show ... anyone have a website for it? I may go just to watch.

www.ncnpc.com

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/201/ncar.png

Redhawk30
03-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Getting pretty excited about this show. It'll be nice to sit in the audience and not have my heart in my throat. Especially since I'll be sweating out the other two April shows from home.

KP DIVA
04-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Six days and counting!! Look forward to seeing everyone!!!

jewelisa
04-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Six days and counting!! Look forward to seeing everyone!!!

:awesome:

SherriLG
04-04-2010, 09:04 PM
I'll be there if anyone needs help with anything!

jewelisa
04-04-2010, 10:13 PM
I'll be there if anyone needs help with anything!

thanks sherri !

herbiceps
04-05-2010, 10:01 AM
I'll be there...don't have a ton of time, but might be able to fit in a few extra shoots...facebook me at "Mike Eckstut" to touch base

shout outs to my girls Kisha, Sherri, and Kayde :)

jewelisa
04-05-2010, 12:32 PM
I'll be there...don't have a ton of time, but might be able to fit in a few extra shoots...facebook me at "Mike Eckstut" to touch base

shout outs to my girls Kisha, Sherri, and Kayde :)

hello there i sent you a message on FB :D

SherriLG
04-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Hey Mike- looking forward to seeing you there- missed ya at the Arnold!

Redhawk30
04-06-2010, 05:55 PM
4 1/2 Days Out! :popcorn:

HeatherColleen
04-08-2010, 03:18 AM
Hey Everyone!
I was supposed to be there to cheer on my friends and bikini client but have to have another surgery. :rolleyes: So, I'll be there in spirit and am wishing you all the best!
Also, please say hello to my client, Amie O'Connor (bikini tall). She's a total newbie and looks up to you all. She's super sweet and I have no doubt she will be a pro soon. :)
Again, so sorry I will miss seeing my sweet friends!
Kisses,
HC:kiss:

VIDEO LINK TO MY CLIENT ONE WEEK OUT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUhYRxDiDz0

jewelisa
04-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Hey Everyone!
I was supposed to be there to cheer on my friends and bikini client but have to have another surgery. :rolleyes: So, I'll be there in spirit and am wishing you all the best!
Also, please say hello to my client, Amie O'Connor (bikini tall). She's a total newbie and looks up to you all. She's super sweet and I have no doubt she will be a pro soon. :)
Again, so sorry I will miss seeing my sweet friends!
Kisses,
HC:kiss:

VIDEO LINK TO MY CLIENT ONE WEEK OUT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUhYRxDiDz0

gonna miss you ! I will be thinking of you also take care ... love ya roomie

KP DIVA
04-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Here are a few pics of Lisa's (Jewlisa) class. I realized that Kiesha Wilson was competing 1/2 through her class. Large show..140 competitors..started at 11am finished up at 3pm!!

Siouxcountry
04-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Here are a few pics of Lisa's (Jewlisa) class. I realized that Kiesha Wilson was competing 1/2 through her class. Large show..140 competitors..started at 11am finished up at 3pm!!

Thanks, Kenyatta! Good luck to Lisa! :waving:

jewelisa
04-11-2010, 07:37 PM
thanks Kenyatta and Sioux ... what a great time ... and thanks for changing my title :kiss:

have a few things to work out ... but loving every minute of it !

will post in my journal more when i get settled !

Nichole O.
04-16-2010, 02:44 AM
It seems like it has been FOREVER since I last posted. Life got rediculously hectic...in the midst of training for the NC States I went from training clients out of a corporate gym to getting my DBA and going independent on top of some other life stuffs...

I had a great time n Saturday...I can't believe it was less than a week ago! It feels like a month ago already!

My first experience competing in [I]fitness[I]was an awesome one with lots of love and support...a great 2nd place finish and a great learing experience.

KP DIVA
04-16-2010, 10:56 AM
It seems like it has been FOREVER since I last posted. Life got rediculously hectic...in the midst of training for the NC States I went from training clients out of a corporate gym to getting my DBA and going independent on top of some other life stuffs...

I had a great time n Saturday...I can't believe it was less than a week ago! It feels like a month ago already!

My first experience competing in [I]fitness[I]was an awesome one with lots of love and support...a great 2nd place finish and a great learing experience.
Congrats Nichole!!! I thought you looked great!!

jewelisa
04-16-2010, 11:45 AM

i was lucky enough to meet Nichole! we found our own dressing room :awesome: what a very nice young lady and cute as a button ! congrats ...............

Figure_k
04-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Haha! Sorry Kenyatta!! I hate that I didnt get to see you!!! I have been slack here on Siouxcountry... :( I'll do better..promise!

It was a great show, I had a blast and met some really awesome girls :)
Brought home 1st in my class~ wooo hooo! :trophy:

Now Im NQ'd for the yr. & it's on to Jr. Nat's!!!
..........can't believe Im 9 weeks out AGAIN:rolleyes:

Figure_k
04-19-2010, 08:44 PM
YAY!!! Won 1st in my Class at NC STATE!!:awesome:
Pic with girl is Class A & OVERALL winner Ameilia Speaks

Siouxcountry
04-26-2010, 01:12 AM
Haha! Sorry Kenyatta!! I hate that I didnt get to see you!!! I have been slack here on Siouxcountry... :( I'll do better..promise!

Kick some butt in Chicago! :)

ShawnCarla
04-26-2010, 09:42 PM
YAY!!! Won 1st in my Class at NC STATE!!:awesome:
Pic with girl is Class A & OVERALL winner Ameilia Speaks
I love your suit color! Is it blue or purple? It looks like a mix of both... very very pretty!

Nichole O.
04-27-2010, 07:47 PM
HAHA! Jewelisa! Right backatcha! I had no idea that was YOU I met in the bath....errr...dressing room? :p It was great to meet you.

Thank you both very much, I have a lot to learn still but felt good about my first NPC show.

Kenyatta, I'm sorry we didn't get to meet...and I didn't get to more girls from here that were at the show. I was very nervous and didn't know what to expect so I just pretty much stayed backstage all day running up and down and all over changing and fidgeting with my makeup, hair...or anything else. The whole day was a big blurrrr...

To tell you the truth, I was kinda bummed this morning when I was looking up something else entirely on youtube and saw "NPC NC STATE 2010 Pre-judging fitness routines" and saw my chair...:nervous: My parents recorded pre-judging, but until this morning I had never seen it b/c I knew it wasn't my best....I was shaking like a leaf at pre-judging!

But boy, did I loosen up after some of Mom's cookies over the break! :p

Has anyone else ever experienced really bad nerves?

jewelisa
04-27-2010, 10:22 PM
HAHA! Jewelisa! Right backatcha! I had no idea that was YOU I met in the bath....errr...dressing room? :p It was great to meet you.

Thank you both very much, I have a lot to learn still but felt good about my first NPC show.

Kenyatta, I'm sorry we didn't get to meet...and I didn't get to more girls from here that were at the show. I was very nervous and didn't know what to expect so I just pretty much stayed backstage all day running up and down and all over changing and fidgeting with my makeup, hair...or anything else. The whole day was a big blurrrr...

To tell you the truth, I was kinda bummed this morning when I was looking up something else entirely on youtube and saw "NPC NC STATE 2010 Pre-judging fitness routines" and saw my chair...:nervous: My parents recorded pre-judging, but until this morning I had never seen it b/c I knew it wasn't my best....I was shaking like a leaf at pre-judging!

i get really nervous also :) it does get better each time!

Nichole O.
04-28-2010, 03:01 AM
i get really nervous also :) it does get better each time!

I hope so...it was an issue for me leading into this event.

Figure_k
04-30-2010, 11:23 AM
I love your suit color! Is it blue or purple? It looks like a mix of both... very very pretty!

Thank you!!! Yes, it's both! :) Made by Bikini Guru!

KP DIVA
04-30-2010, 11:32 AM

Hey Nichole!! Hopefully we'll meet b4 the end of the seaon!! Do you plan to compete again this year? I'm planning to compete out of state in August and possibly the Charlotte show in October b4 finishing at Nationals.....that's if I can hold out that long!!

Hey Kisha!! Congrats on your win!! Best of luck at JR. Nats!

Nichole O.
05-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Not positive what I'm doing yet Kenyatta.

My husband wanted me to do figure with him at the NPA show where he'scompeting in BB, but I don't think my heart is in it.

I'm tossing around ideas right now...maybe August, but also thinking about maybe getting a group together to take rd. trip to go watch the Team U. in July.

epolis
05-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Everyone looked amazing - Kisha, Nichole, Amelia!! Such a great experience for me at my first show, and I met so many awesome, local ladies. Kisha, kick some ass in Chicago, I'll be yelling for you out in the crowd. Next stop for me - Jr. USAs in August. EEK!!

Siouxcountry
05-16-2010, 05:58 PM
And congrats to Nichole for 2nd place in fitness at the NPC North Carolina State!

Love the hair! :dance2:

Shelly
05-16-2010, 08:30 PM
lookin HOT on the banner :cool:

Scarl3tbutt3rfly
05-16-2010, 08:51 PM
You look incredible! Grats on your placing :)

Siouxcountry
05-17-2010, 02:50 AM
What's next on your agenda Nichole? :)

Nichole O.
05-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Beth, you are going to do amazing. Just enjoy the ride :kiss:

Thank you all so much for your kind words, it was my first time competing in fitness and with the NPC which has been a long time dream of mine. (Thanks again to Kayde for saying, "just do the NC States" which was an easy solution, but for me was like saying, "Oh yeah just go bungee jump off the empire state building" lol.

Jason, that blond streak has been there for a few years now, it started out of boredom and it just stuck :p

What's next for me? I have made the decision (along with my husband and coach) to go into an off season as I work on a few things before competing at the national level. At first, I really wresteled with that decision since I was stil in the post-contest "high", but am really glad this is what I'm doing and know I made the right decision.

I had a LOT of chronic pain leading up to this show (it had been there for years prior to even deciding to do it) with what I thought was my hips/adductor...however, after further examination (and some x rays) there are a few things going on... my pelvis is very tilted to the right which pinches/irritates a nerve. It made a lot of things difficult, particularly straddle holds because it would further clamp down on the nerve on my right side when I lifted that leg...and once that nerve is aggrivated...DONE. It's VERY fixable through work with structural integration, chiropractic and the right type of training and rest structured around all of it which can not be done while getting ready for a show.

So, although it kinda stinks to have to re-qualify for nationals next year...I'm very excited to work on my weaknesses and come back a stronger and wiser competitor next spring. My ultimate goal...to turn pro. I'm not out to "beat" anyone but myself...that's what I love about this sport, the learning process and becoming the best athlete I/you can be. The top athletes aren't perfect by any means...nor were they born genetic freaks, they're just people (humans) who have learned how to make the most out of what they have been given. I think that's pretty awesome.

Siouxcountry
05-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Nichole, wishing you a great off season, comeback next year healthy and better than ever! :)

jewelisa
05-17-2010, 05:58 PM
feel better beautiful ! you were trully one of the joys of the weekend meeting a nice down to earth gal !

chicky9914
05-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Nichole, BIG CONGRATS girl! You look PHENOM!!!!!!