PDA

View Full Version : How do colors of Liquid Sun Rayz and Jan Tana Differ

erikacheer
02-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Can anyone tell me how the colors of Jana Tana and Liquid Sun Rayz differ? I mean is one more red than the other, or more golden, etc.?

Thanks!!!

powergirl
02-26-2010, 05:29 PM
I personally have found Jan Tana to have a greenish undertone on my skin (I'm naturally pale). It also didn't get me dark enough.

LSR is golden deep chocolate brown once it's set into the skin. It also wears off very nicely. My skin still looks really nice after Saturday's show in AZ.

My choice after using all 3 -- without a doubt Liquid Sun Rayz.

erikacheer
02-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Thanks Zoa!! I have heard several people day they have the green undertones from Jan Tana -- not good for me, because I think I already have a bit of greenish undertone (may just be the obvious network of veins, though).

Hope to hear from a few others before making my final decision.

ripitupbaby
02-26-2010, 07:18 PM
I've never used LSR but I don't like the way Jan Tana doesn't soak into your skin very well. It sits on top of your skin and can end up looking smeared or blotchy. And it's got orange/green potential. I love Pro Tan because it's nice and brown and it soaks right into the skin.

Michelle Brent
02-26-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm opposite, I would love to use LSR, and I've tried but I look like I still have green undertones. LSR (at least my bottle when you rinse you see the definite red and green in the formula. It may be different when you are sprayed cause you get that deeper coat, Zoa looks fantastic with it
I use Jan Tana and when I put it on there it is straight up brown on me. I like them both, but I'm still partial to JT. I like the foam applicator as opposed to the spray which if you use it straight out of the bottle it gets everywhere. The foam is much cleaner. Once again that is if you do the apps on your own. Me personally I'm "old school" and like to do it on my own, I may try the spray booth this yr.
In conclusion it' personal choice. I used pro tan for 20 yrs. but out of the three it has the most green undertones.
Hope I didn't confuse ya!!! I say buy a bottle of each and experiment (if you can afford it)

Liz Scheer
02-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Hey Erika! :) Unfortunately I have heard a lot of different experiences from different people. I think the chemistry of certain products don't work well with some. Everyone has different PH levels and you can try to manipulate it a little with the skin prep but unfortunately it is hard to know how you will react to certain products without trying them on your own skin :(

erikacheer
02-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Thanks everyone (and Hi Liz!!) I have a bottle of Jan Tana, but I want to get sprayed since I don't trust my husband to do my back accurately. (Sorry honey.) I wonder if the formula is the same and therefore worth testing out tonight.

chicky9914
02-26-2010, 11:45 PM
I can get dark with just 2 coats of LSR where as Jan Tana it takes like 4! LSR also goes on a lot better on my psoriasis so it's not as noticeable

Liz Scheer
02-27-2010, 03:40 AM
Thanks everyone (and Hi Liz!!) I have a bottle of Jan Tana, but I want to get sprayed since I don't trust my husband to do my back accurately. (Sorry honey.) I wonder if the formula is the same and therefore worth testing out tonight.

If you have a bottle of Jan Tana hi def it is the same formula. I am very curious about this LSR though. Everybody keeps raving about it. It might be worth trying...especially having dry skin after the prep of scrubbing and hair removal. You are probably now more confused than ever :confused:

powergirl
02-27-2010, 05:41 PM
My colour 1 week later still looks nice, just the normal darker feet and a couple darker knuckles. I LOVE IT. Best ever...

liquid sun rayz
02-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Just to comment on the green under tones Michelle mentioned;) My product is a bit unique in that it starts out with a slightly olive tone when you pour and start to spray on very fair skin...but it pops brown within about 20-30 seconds on the skin, and if you dab a bit on a paper towel you will see that it goes brown, not green. It is actually developed to work BETTER with a high PH body chem. I guess you could say LSR is bass ackwards, lol! When rinsing off, especially if just testing, and the product has not had a chance to fully develop on the skin, then yes, there will be greenish and red undertones seen going down the drain lol! This is just the pigments used to achieve the color.

For some, the skin may take on an ashy tone until the product is totally dry and developed out, but this is rare, and if it does happen it is almost always due to improper skin prep. I have very specifuc instructions on my site. However, Liz's post is correct thought, not all body chemistry's will react the same to all products, which is why there are choices out there, and everyone has to find what works best for them:respect:

We actually are in the process of getting the product in a mousse form, and I hope to have that in the near future. The issue with that for me( or rather , for my chemist, who is a cosmetic chemist) is that the only way to effectivly create a liquid that mousses well, is to add surfactants to the solution. This causes skin dryness, and we have developed LSR to be a product that has ingredients that are benificial to the skin and not dry it out so much. This is one reason why the product fades well, as Zoa mentioned.

I am happy to answer any questions anyone may have regarding my products, so feel free to ask, and we are always open to ANY feedback regarding LSR...that is what helps us grow and meet the needs of competitors:bowdown:

tkokayde
02-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Beyond all the wonderful things already mentioned about LSR, I just experienced another one of them for the first time in a few months. THE SUGAR SCRUB AND BODY BUTTER!!! OMG! That stuff is the best smelling stuff on Earth!!! I would eat that sugar scrub if I was allowed to, that's how good it smells. MMMMMMMMM!!!

powergirl
02-28-2010, 11:58 PM
I have also noticed a huge difference by applying a 'base coat' for 24 hours (then showering, etc) ....then the day before the show doing the 1-2 coats needed for the show. Marilyn of course explained all this to me too so if you have more questions ask me, her, or even my hubby who is now an expert! LOL
As for the undertone, LSR is THE ONLY colour I have experienced that after 'setting' turns into a deep, rich, 'natural' tan colour. It really is a pretty brown, unlike the greens you might get with only a couple coats of the other products.
One other thing.....sleeping on white sheets after 1 coat of LSR, sweating like crazy and I woke up still with PRISTINE colour. Didn't even wear off between my chest or upper back. I know I go on and on about the colour, I just am really impressed and would really encourage others to try it out, definitely worth it.

Oh yah and the scrub and lotion. Don't use it if you're hungry, you may just be tempted to taste it (only if you've been dieting as long as some of us LOL LOL). Great scrub and very luxurious body butter..

tkokayde
03-01-2010, 01:37 AM
Very true Zoa. This product develops over time and is just beautiful. I remember at Jr. Nats I got re-sprayed Friday night after routines (Marilyn was sweet enough to let me shower and re-spray). When I went to bed, I noticed my pajama pants had left an elastic line around my hips. I slept naked that night, and in the morning the color had developed and I didn't have a single line on me, not even from the sheets. I was amazed at how smooth and gorgeous it was Saturday morning. No touchups needed.

titonej
03-01-2010, 02:02 AM
OK EVERYONE, LET ME BE REALLY REAL !!!!!! I HAVE SEEN FIRST HAND THE DIFFERENCE IN COLOR AND CONCEALMENT IT MADE FOR MY WIFE. IT WAS HUGE!!!!!!!! SOME OF THE OTHER GUYS TRIED AND FAILED. LSR BY FAR HAS GIVEN MY WIFE THE EXPERT TREATMENT SHE NEEDED . DONT BE FOOLED BY THE REST GET THE BEST!!!!!!! TRY IT TRUST ME. WE SPENT HOURS TRYING TO GET DARK AND THEN COVER UP HER SCARS. LSR IS THE REAL DEAL.....

THANKS FOR ALLOWING MY WIFE TO FEEL GOOD WHEN SHE GOES ON STAGE.

Maeg13
03-01-2010, 02:24 AM
I am researching actual airbrush tanning units. And while doing so, many questions have crossed my mind in making my ultimate decision. I have pretty much narrowed it down to either JanTana and LSR...can anyone give me some suggestions as to which solution is BEST? I think I have a good idea but I want to not only get my best value but I also want to get the best product.

titonej
03-01-2010, 02:43 AM
I am researching actual airbrush tanning units. And while doing so, many questions have crossed my mind in making my ultimate decision. I have pretty much narrowed it down to either JanTana and LSR...can anyone give me some suggestions as to which solution is BEST? I think I have a good idea but I want to not only get my best value but I also want to get the best product.

DID YOU READ MY STATEMENT. ITS NO JOKE!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY

erikacheer
03-01-2010, 03:26 AM
Wow! Thanks everyone for all this great feedback!! LSR seems to be the preferred choice by most of you. Marilyn, I actually am gong to send you a message because I have a question about my appointment.

Scarl3tbutt3rfly
03-01-2010, 04:13 AM
Outta curiosity, what is the best way to apply LSR? Of course getting sprayed by them would be the best, but if you don't have that available and you just buy the color from their site? Would it be worth buying an airbrushing machine, or is it just as good to use sponges or something? Im debating how to get my color on for my upcoming shows, and thinking I may try this color, just not sure how to go about it. I've previously used protan, sponge technique and even with a base tan, it has taking MULTIPLE applications all night to get me dark enough (like 8-10 applications and like a whole bottle..seriously and it has sucked, no sleep.../sigh). But this color sounds like I can get a dark application with alot less trouble?

liquid sun rayz
03-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Outta curiosity, what is the best way to apply LSR? Of course getting sprayed by them would be the best, but if you don't have that available and you just buy the color from their site? Would it be worth buying an airbrushing machine, or is it just as good to use sponges or something? Im debating how to get my color on for my upcoming shows, and thinking I may try this color, just not sure how to go about it. I've previously used protan, sponge technique and even with a base tan, it has taking MULTIPLE applications all night to get me dark enough (like 8-10 applications and like a whole bottle..seriously and it has sucked, no sleep.../sigh). But this color sounds like I can get a dark application with alot less trouble?

It is as easy as spraying from the bottle and blending with the 3" sponge roller applicatior we include with your product. It will take longer than having it sprayed on with a spray unit, but not too bad. I am sure Zoa's husband can give you some tips. He applies my color to Zoa and it looks perfect evey time:respect:

liquid sun rayz
03-01-2010, 03:45 PM

As far as researching "spray units" if you want best value $$ wise,;) PM me

chicky9914
03-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Beyond all the wonderful things already mentioned about LSR, I just experienced another one of them for the first time in a few months. THE SUGAR SCRUB AND BODY BUTTER!!! OMG! That stuff is the best smelling stuff on Earth!!! I would eat that sugar scrub if I was allowed to, that's how good it smells. MMMMMMMMM!!!

OMG YESS!!!! It exfoliated my skin like no other!