PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live near Mt Laurel, NJ?

dvsness
03-07-2010, 03:24 AM
I'm thinking of heading there this May to check out a NABBA show. What's the area like?

ibarramedia
03-07-2010, 11:06 AM
That's where the NFL films offices and headquarters of Steve Sabol are located. Ron Jaworski frequents the place doing film study.

fitnj
03-07-2010, 04:04 PM
I work down there and live a little north of there. It's very easy to get around, not much traffic. Lots of gyms in the area and not too far from Philly. Is the show at one of the high schools?

fitnj
03-07-2010, 04:07 PM
OK, just saw the flyer, it is at the high school. A couple of girls from my gym might be at that show. One of them is a Nabba competitor. She competes in figure. She has told me that it is diff than NPC. Diff posing and judging. The figure girls do routines too.

dvsness
03-07-2010, 07:04 PM
OK, just saw the flyer, it is at the high school. A couple of girls from my gym might be at that show. One of them is a Nabba competitor. She competes in figure. She has told me that it is diff than NPC. Diff posing and judging. The figure girls do routines too.

Yeah, that's what I'm interested in seeing. Seems more interesting and rewarding.

fitnj
03-07-2010, 08:51 PM
She did tell me that they value overall leanness over anything else. The feedback she got from the judges was the leanest girl wins. They really aren't concerned with as much with hair, makeup, suit selection, symmetry, as long as you are lean.

dvsness
03-07-2010, 10:31 PM
She did tell me that they value overall leanness over anything else. The feedback she got from the judges was the leanest girl wins. They really aren't concerned with as much with hair, makeup, suit selection, symmetry, as long as you are lean.

You mean they care more about physique than face? What a novel concept. :p I'm excited.

I do think symmetry is pretty damn important though....

fitnj
03-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Yes, I think symmetry is very important. I think you need that and you need to be lean. But she did compete in about 3 or 4 shows last year and was told by the judges " leanest girl wins".
I have tried to get her to compete in the NPC. She won't budge, she likes NABBA. She feels NPC judges too much on hair, makeup. She would not know how to improve her placings in the NPC and the judging confuses her.

As she took the advice of the judges throughout the year and came in leaner, her placings did improve.

dvsness
03-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Wynne, any idea where I could find some online pics from US NABBA shows? The site has placings, but not pics.

fitnj
03-09-2010, 11:24 PM
I'll find some pics, let me see. My friend has a bunch but there has to be more online somewhere.

fitnj
03-10-2010, 01:37 AM
There are no pictures of the shows here in the US on the website. All the pictures are taken by private photographers. This is the link for some of the pics of the international competitions.

http://www.nabba.com/results.cfm#y4

I have to make a correction on what was told to me about the judging standards. Symmetry and leanness are looked at equally. I think when she initially told me that being lean was above everything else, that was her specific feedback from the judges. Her symmetry was already good.