PDA

View Full Version : Boob jobs, who is for them? ;-)

Deb
02-19-2008, 01:34 AM
Hi everyone!

My name is Deb and I live in Australia. I have just started my second year as a figure competitor and look forward to getting on stage again this September.

I was hoping anyone would like to discuss breast augmentations because I am seriously considering get mine done this April.
I was wondering how much time off the weights is needed.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Deb :D

P.s. Thanks Sioux for inviting me here :respect:

Siouxcountry
02-19-2008, 01:54 AM

I'll sneak in this thread, and thank you for joining us here my friend! :waving:

Ok, sneaks back out... :D

Fitgirly
02-19-2008, 08:21 AM
It probably depends on if your implants are over or under the muscle as to when you can train again. Mine are over and I went started back with lower body about 2-3 weeks after. Upper body about 5-6 weeks after surgery. You dont want to do anything to jeopardize scarring or moving the implant until you are starting to heal inside. You're dr will hopefully give you good advice ;)

oh...And for cardio, I started about 4-5 weeks after, just have to wear mutliple sports bras to make sure they dont move AT ALL! :)

Deb
02-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks so much for your reply :-)

The implants are going over the muscle for sure. I guess this should leave enough time to heal properly so I don't get scaring and still be able to go into comp prep.

I guess I will have to wait and see how it all goes.

Thanks again,

Deb

lil mama
02-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Hi everyone!

My name is Deb and I live in Australia. I have just started my second year as a figure competitor and look forward to getting on stage again this September.

I was hoping anyone would like to discuss breast augmentations because I am seriously considering get mine done this April.
I was wondering how much time off the weights is needed.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Deb :D

I SAY IF U WANT DEM...DEN GO GET DEM AND YEAH !!!!! 4 U......DO IT WHEN U R READY...MAYB ON OFF SEASON SO THEN U HAVE ENOUGH TIME 4 RECOVERY AND STILL B ON TRACK WHEN COMP SEASON STARTS.:) EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT WHEN IT COMES TO HEALING TIME SOME IT MAY TAKE 4-6 WEEKS & FOR OTHERS A LITTLE LONGER ...BUT IF IT'S SOMETHING THAT U WANT THEN IT'S WORTH THE TIME OFF. WHATEVER U DECIDE GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY TRAINING:)

Deb
02-19-2008, 11:00 AM
Thanks Lil Mama,

I am booked in for April 1st. I am in the off season now and my next comp is end of Sept.

CAn't wait to get them firmed up lol

bree marsh
02-19-2008, 12:13 PM
good luck girl. i know a lot of girls who have had them done and love it! i have always considered it, but do not want to do it until i am 100% sure. i am going to wait to see how i do this season before seriously thinking about it! my only advice...don't go really big! it takes away from the rest of your body!

KMS
02-19-2008, 12:23 PM
If you want them then get them for sure. I wish I had gone bigger then I did so someday I will.

When I got mine 6 years ago the time down was rather extensive but now with the way that they do them. There is minimal amount of time down. I know that my doctor is now doing them in a way that if you want to go out for dinner on the town the same day..you can. Back to the gym in just a few days. Totally new way I guess.

The only advise I will give is to find a good reputible doc and try to find one that has lot's of experience with competitors.

Alli
02-19-2008, 12:52 PM
I would speak with a doctor before any of us :) Go for a consultation and be sure to ask tons of questions so you have the answers you need. I went for my second consultation at the beginning of February and found a doctor I really like and am comfortable with. I'm seriously considering working with him come the end of march early april.

Irregardless of your surgery- minimal time down is usually four weeks (out of the gym). I hear bouncing or severe movement can cause problems etc. But again I guess that would be something to discuss with your doctor.

lil mama
02-19-2008, 01:52 PM
I'll sneak in this thread, and thank you for joining us here my friend! :waving:

Ok, sneaks back out... :D

well hello BIG FELLA, did u sneak yo peek????:kiss:find anything u like?sorry no pics yet(lol)...JK...u knowz we luvs u XOXO double that please:kiss:

Shelly
02-20-2008, 01:43 AM
we just had ours done again in nov....and we LUV them!

ours are under the muscle...so i dont train chest anymore for now--- thats how we screwed them up in the first place.... but all in all luv em!
:)

gymdiva
02-20-2008, 04:00 AM
one of these days I'll get me a pair...definitely have done my homework and continue to do so since it doesn't look like I'll get them any time soon...one bonus to having to wait so long...they keep making great advances!

Lil J
07-06-2008, 01:59 AM
I definetly have been for them for about 10 years now,ha! Definetly will get a pair one day right now I am happy with what I got, it took me a while to realize thats not all boobss..lol...there is more to it than boobiess...yea I still want them tjough he,he:angel:

Alli
07-06-2008, 02:28 AM
I definetly have been for them for about 10 years now,ha! Definetly will get a pair one day right now I am happy with what I got, it took me a while to realize thats not all boobss..lol...there is more to it than boobiess...yea I still want them tjough he,he:angel:

you got that hot asssss booty though girl!!!!

Lil J
07-06-2008, 02:42 AM
I lknow..he,he butt if sum of that junk in my trunk would magically appear up there it would be perfect :angel:

FemFlex
07-06-2008, 03:06 AM
Every guy should get them.

Anne Sheehan Dudash
07-06-2008, 03:34 AM
Tre..hush up! lol

I had mine scheduled the first time right around 911...re scheduled and canceled a few times after that...

Finally found the RIGHT doc and had them done...the recovery was HORRIBLE..some of the WORST pain in my LIFE (I've got 2 kids one a C section, had compound fractures, heart surgery, broken bones, mouth surgeries...knee surgeries...I hemmoraged during the augmentation. It was because of the over development of my pecs..surgery went an hour over scheduled time. I got them OVER the muscle and haven't trained chest in over 2 years now.

BUT!!!!...It was a GOOD decision!! I'm really glad I did it! I'm so much more comfortable with my body now! I absolutely LOVE my boobies!!!

Also, I begged the doc to go small...I went to him b/c I KNEW (from several references) that he was into the "natural" look...he ended up putting 500cc each!...and they are not HUGE on my body at all!!!

Get SEVERAL references!!! ...demand before and after pics...and make sure they have done COMPETITORS before!!!!

Good luck!!

Anne Sheehan Dudash
07-06-2008, 03:38 AM
I hope this is OK to post...

Siouxcountry
07-06-2008, 03:46 AM
Leilani got breast implants in April. She shared her experience with us.................

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=843

Sportsgirl
07-06-2008, 03:58 AM
I prefer the natural look :p

NYCStrongFox
07-06-2008, 04:07 AM
I've thought about getting them, but not close to ready either. They fill out some in the off-season and sometimes they feel big (lol if a full A is big). I'm pretty use to it, but I like how balance those who I know have them look. For now, I'll keep wearing the extra padded bras. If I do get them, def full C, under the muscle.

Lisa E
07-06-2008, 04:46 AM
I prefer the natural look :p

BUT, IS THAT A REAL BUNNY? IF IT IS HE OR SHE IS VERY, VERY CUTE!!!! THAT HAS TO BE ONE OF THE CUTEST BUNNY RABBITS THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!

Sportsgirl
07-06-2008, 05:14 AM
BUT, IS THAT A REAL BUNNY? IF IT IS HE OR SHE IS VERY, VERY CUTE!!!! THAT HAS TO BE ONE OF THE CUTEST BUNNY RABBITS THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!

Yes, it's a real bunny :bunny: Bunnies are cute!

Anne Sheehan Dudash
07-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Yes, it's a real bunny :bunny: Bunnies are cute!

I LOVE bunnies!!! ...didn't know they scratch though, till I got one :0(

xena
07-06-2008, 11:25 AM
I had mine done almost 5 years ago (Sept 17th, 2003) and LOVE having them. During this prep (which is my first), they still look great, but leaning out has made them look a little funky on the sides --- especially if I bend over at the waist. Mine are under the muscle and I haven't felt any weirdness, so-to-speak, while working-out. Every once in a while I can feel them move during a muscle contraction, but it's nothing bad.

fortyfivefigure
07-06-2008, 12:07 PM
I am curious about Shel/Bets posts regarding not doing direct chest work, having to have your implants redone, etc. What do you mean "they got screwed up?"
This concerns me because I have implants (going on 3 years), did not work chest AT ALL until 1 year ago. Now I bench press, incline press, push ups, etc. pretty heavy (for me anyway) and notice that one side is lower. Uh oh.
My delts really look better than ever, and my chest is nice and wide w/ definition, but I think that I need to cut out chest to see if anything changes on the side that is 'falling'. My surgeon (who I have not seen about this) really has no experience w/ lifters.
Anyway, let me know what went on w/ you gals please, ok?
Nadine

Alli
07-06-2008, 12:16 PM
I am curious about Shel/Bets posts regarding not doing direct chest work, having to have your implants redone, etc. What do you mean "they got screwed up?"
This concerns me because I have implants (going on 3 years), did not work chest AT ALL until 1 year ago. Now I bench press, incline press, push ups, etc. pretty heavy (for me anyway) and notice that one side is lower. Uh oh.
My delts really look better than ever, and my chest is nice and wide w/ definition, but I think that I need to cut out chest to see if anything changes on the side that is 'falling'. My surgeon (who I have not seen about this) really has no experience w/ lifters.
Nadine

Hey Nadine:
I do NOT have my boobs done however I did have my consultation by a doctor outside of Philly who has specific experience working with competitors- namely female bodybuilders so he knows a lot about how muscle and weight lifting can distort the breast. He DID tell me that as you continue to lift and build your chest after the surgery you will notice movement. Many times a widening of the breasts- meaning that as your chest muscle build up it will drive the implants outward (one to the left one to the right) widening the gap between both breasts. I don't know anything about one being lower then the other....but I do know, without a doubt, that continued heavy chest work can distort and move the breasts.

Anne Sheehan Dudash
07-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Nadine... This is why it took me 7 years to finally get the guts to go through with the surgery.

Chest was my strongest body part. I KNEW I'd never be able to train my chest again.

I've seen some REALLY bad situations back stage at plenty of competitions. I didn't want that to happen to me! Spreading out, dropping, nipples pointing different directions..."buckling" on the sides will happen when you're super lean...but that will go away.

Def speak to A doc...your's obviously doesn't know what to advise you...get a free consultation w/ someone who does know. Alli has a name for one in Philly. My doc does free consults in Princeton or New Brunswick NJ.

For front delt exercises I stick w/ dumbell Arnold presses and front lateral movements. I do not think my front delts have suffered from this and it's been 2 years since I've trained chest.

Alli
07-07-2008, 12:10 AM
The doctor I went to was Mark Solomon in Bala Cynwyd PA....outside of Philly... marksolomonmd.com

I have his contact info if needed- he was GREAT. VERY upfront and honest.

Shelly
07-07-2008, 12:23 AM
Nadine

Hey Nadine:
I do NOT have my boobs done however I did have my consultation by a doctor outside of Philly who has specific experience working with competitors- namely female bodybuilders so he knows a lot about how muscle and weight lifting can distort the breast. He DID tell me that as you continue to lift and build your chest after the surgery you will notice movement. Many times a widening of the breasts- meaning that as your chest muscle build up it will drive the implants outward (one to the left one to the right) widening the gap between both breasts. I don't know anything about one being lower then the other....but I do know, without a doubt, that continued heavy chest work can distort and move the breasts.

hey im late to this party LOL

But the doc I went to BOTH times i got mine done was Solomon in Bala Cynwyd as well!

The first time he did an awesome job but as i continued to lift, i had the same problem as described by both of you- I had one boob FALLING out of the pocket...and severe seperation of them due to growth in my chest muscle.

My doc said that i Didnt HAVE to do anything about it...but i missed my perky cleavy boobs lol so last Nov i went back to him to have them enlarged even more and replaced in the center of my chest. he also gave me a slight lift b/ they did fall from training chest.

Im 2 weeks into competiton prep this year and REFUSE to touch a weight for chest. These babies are wayy too expensive to have to get redone every year due to weight training! and so far so good!! :)

so if you hav any other questions let me know i experienced it ALL!

SunlovinCO
07-07-2008, 12:31 AM
OH Gosh, I have to think back, but I believe I have had mine for 8 years now. Mine are under the muscle which I believe looks alot more natural than over, but everyone has a different opinion on that. I did not work out at all back then; I was in the military but stationed at a base that was not big on the running or fitness thing, just work work work, so I had LOTS of recovery time. Since then I have competed in a Half Marathon, a few sprint triathlons and now I have been weightlifting for few years. I have not had any issues with weights at all, but like I said I had years of recovery time.

Just as everyone else has said, I agree, talk with a Doctor and find one who has experience with Weight Lifters. Ask as many questions so you know what YOU want. The only thing I would change is the incision point. I ended up with mine under the breast, but if I re-did it I would go through the belly button.

Tons of Pain, the worst I have ever been through, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

beachgirl
07-07-2008, 01:10 AM
Man , you girls are making me feel so old,, i had mine done 11 yeara ago, NEVER had a problem with them,, ( I LOVE MY TWINS).

I still go see my Doc - with all the dieting & training, ny twins have change a bit, ( they have gotten smaller ) which i didnt like :mad:, off season they didnt grow ( not alot of fat).

SO here I go back to the Doc to see about getting them redone in Nov. after 11 years I think its time for a change.

Alli
07-07-2008, 12:12 PM
hey im late to this party LOL

But the doc I went to BOTH times i got mine done was Solomon in Bala Cynwyd as well!

The first time he did an awesome job but as i continued to lift, i had the same problem as described by both of you- I had one boob FALLING out of the pocket...and severe seperation of them due to growth in my chest muscle.

My doc said that i Didnt HAVE to do anything about it...but i missed my perky cleavy boobs lol so last Nov i went back to him to have them enlarged even more and replaced in the center of my chest. he also gave me a slight lift b/ they did fall from training chest.

Im 2 weeks into competiton prep this year and REFUSE to touch a weight for chest. These babies are wayy too expensive to have to get redone every year due to weight training! and so far so good!! :)

so if you hav any other questions let me know i experienced it ALL!

Hey Shell I didn't know you actually went to him!!! AHHH shoot me a message and let me know how it went etc if you don't mind- I'm trying to schedule with him sometime in October during my off season... and I'd love extra info!!!!

Betsy
07-07-2008, 04:10 PM
im VERY late to this BOOB talk. :p BUT i would DEFINITELY recommend Solomon.. he did mine TWICE.. and i have sent at least a handful of people to him in the past 4 years...

I would not recommned training chest with them.. bc why spend all that $$ then go and f'em up.. :nuts:

ALSO-- in PA you dont have to pay TAX! Which saves a boat load of $$!!

fortyfivefigure
07-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Thanks for your replies girls!!!!!
After this show, I am off for the rest of the year, and will see what not doing benches and flyes does (or doesn't do) in the boob dept. And yes, will see a ps who deals w/ lifters. I am in Michigan, there are quite a few who have great reps, so I will just consult one who has the knowledge. I don't want to get redone, not in the budget, but I sure don't want the problem to get worse, or very obvious (which it isn't to anyone but me and hubby!).

Have a great day,
Nadine

MsGuns
07-07-2008, 04:57 PM
After seeing my pics from my last show...WOW I need them...but I dont have the money right now...

Can boobs be financed? I think I might have to go to Solomon...smile
Im going to have to visit mom for a few weeks...smile

FemFlex
07-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Can boobs be financed?

Why pay at all when you can get them for free?

www.myfreeimplants.com

iron_angel
07-07-2008, 06:15 PM
Why pay at all when you can get them for free?

www.myfreeimplants.com

eeehh...no thanks! I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for".... :)

Shelly
07-07-2008, 06:23 PM
eeehh...no thanks! I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for".... :)

LOL i agree!

DanielleA
07-07-2008, 06:30 PM
:clap: FOR them! I will be getting myself a new front end this winter. Although I get back up to a small C in the offseason, I am so muscular on the upper half of my chest that I look flat and then there are two little gobs of fat that are supposed to be breasts. Not so cute! I'm thinking of getting them sometime around Nov/Dec/Jan.

dvsness
07-07-2008, 09:06 PM
I am for them during prep. Offseason I don't care - I have my own - but they are YUCK empty skin when I diet down. The fund has begun - those puppies are $$$ and plus I want other work done while I'm asleep!

BLZ77
07-09-2008, 02:39 AM
I don't have them, but I am not against them. I actually work for a plastic and reconstructive surgeon, so I see boob jobs on a daily basis (=

If I can give just one piece of advice...or maybe two...:rolleyes:

1) Before scheduling with a surgeon for a consult, check out the ASPS website to make sure your Doctor is a board certified plastic surgeon by the ASPS. ASPS is the most credible certification. A lot of the other "accredations" are hogwash.

2) Get more than one surgical opinion. Sounds funny, but each surgeon is like an artist, and they must be on the same wavelength as you and your idea of beautiful breasts. Not all breast augs are created equal.

Lisa
07-09-2008, 04:30 AM
Lots of experience here at 42, 3 kids later...

1) Got my first set at 29 saline 310 cc overs....looked WAY too big for my lil' as 4'11" body. Plastic surgeons & chicks say they wished thay had gone bigger...I am just the opposite.,I HATED being all tits and everyone staring at them PLUS I felt they threw off my symmetry--too top heavy---- which made me feel FAT in the offseason & RICICULOUS during comp...soooooooooooooo....I also ended up with capsular contracture which makes them hard like two softballs on my chest.

2) soooooo...the older I got I realized how RIDICULOUS for looks for an older woman to have huge jugs....so I got my sh*t redone last year (they need to be redone every 10 years anyway...).......200 cc's of silicone FULLY UNDER the muscle...never looked better...I lift heavier than ever & love the natural look of my breasts even during contest mode....

JMO...

Lisa

BLZ77
07-09-2008, 02:42 PM
(they need to be redone every 10 years anyway

Not necessarily. As long as you don't have any issues with the implant itself, there is no need to have them replaced.

If you think about it, it guarantees a surgeon a future surgery if he says they MUST be replaced every ten years..Although many women have other issues that arise and require a 2nd surgery 10 years down the road, there isn't a need to replace an implant just because of time elapsed..The usual suspects are leaks, capsular contracture and aged skin ( sagging).

FlyFitGal
07-09-2008, 11:57 PM
I soo for Boobs!!! lolol

I had saline under the muscle about 5 years ago. Like the twins I screwed mine up to. I ended up with NO cleavage. Couldn't even push them al the way together. So I went back in Dec and had them redone. Bigger and Silicone over the muscle. LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! Dr. says that i can train however i want now and that they will be fine and not move again. My recovery was a piece of cake. I was walking on the treadmill in 5 days and after a week and a half i did a step class (keeping it low impact with a double bra..lol) I was training again in 2 wks. Only thing that took awhile to do was pushups, dips, etc.
I also say to go bigger than you think you want. I had 375 the first time and went to 600 ccs this time. I was actually afraid of 600 being too big but i took my own advice and went for it. They're perfect!! ;)
I say go for it!

MsGuns
07-10-2008, 12:01 AM
Lots of experience here at 42, 3 kids later...

1) Got my first set at 29 saline 310 cc overs....looked WAY too big for my lil' as 4'11" body. Plastic surgeons & chicks say they wished thay had gone bigger...I am just the opposite.,I HATED being all tits and everyone staring at them PLUS I felt they threw off my symmetry--too top heavy---- which made me feel FAT in the offseason & RICICULOUS during comp...soooooooooooooo....I also ended up with capsular contracture which makes them hard like two softballs on my chest.

2) soooooo...the older I got I realized how RIDICULOUS for looks for an older woman to have huge jugs....so I got my sh*t redone last year (they need to be redone every 10 years anyway...).......200 cc's of silicone FULLY UNDER the muscle...never looked better...I lift heavier than ever & love the natural look of my breasts even during contest mode....

JMO...

Lisa

Lisa, you still do chest?

Shelly
07-10-2008, 12:21 AM
I soo for Boobs!!! lolol

I had saline under the muscle about 5 years ago. Like the twins I screwed mine up to. I ended up with NO cleavage. Couldn't even push them al the way together. So I went back in Dec and had them redone. Bigger and Silicone over the muscle. LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! Dr. says that i can train however i want now and that they will be fine and not move again. My recovery was a piece of cake. I was walking on the treadmill in 5 days and after a week and a half i did a step class (keeping it low impact with a double bra..lol) I was training again in 2 wks. Only thing that took awhile to do was pushups, dips, etc.
I also say to go bigger than you think you want. I had 375 the first time and went to 600 ccs this time. I was actually afraid of 600 being too big but i took my own advice and went for it. They're perfect!! ;)
I say go for it!

i remember you saying you were back doing cardio after 5 days LOL

To each their own but i think that the bigger the better was what worked for me! :Melissa 2:

:p

MsGuns
07-10-2008, 12:33 AM
So whats the way?
over or under the muscle

Shelly
07-10-2008, 12:39 AM
So whats the way?
over or under the muscle

from my experience...
over looks faker- but you can still train chest without injury for the most part

under looks more natural(what i did) but you have to be careful when training...

so guess its personal preference

FlyFitGal
07-10-2008, 02:17 AM
Shell- did u guys have saline overs before?
My experience is that the silicone overs are FANTASTIC! No rippling, sooooo soft and move around..lol No worries about training and messing them up. Absolutely natural looking. Now, I've yet to be super lean with them..so ask me again when im buff ;) All i know is that these girls aren't shrinking this time!!! :p

Anne Sheehan Dudash
07-10-2008, 03:18 AM
So whats the way?
over or under the muscle

You can have problems (like I did) either way. If there is already a lot of muscle development, it's GOTTA be over the chest.

I did over the chest. Solid silicone (gummy's). ..and I still can't (won't) train chest.

BLZ77
07-10-2008, 03:47 AM
FOr anyone who gets contest lean, or just lean in general and doesn't have much breast tissue of their own, silicone is the best bet for avoiding rippling.
The new silicone implants are mush "softer" feeling and more pliable. I'd definitely go silicone for myself if I ever chose to have them.

Lisa
07-10-2008, 04:43 AM
Lisa, you still do chest?

Yes, I do HEAVY chest with no problems....Of course they disdort & look funky while I flex but relaxed they look perfect.

I got super ripped this past contest & my boobs looked totally natural & soft, not like globes on my chest. Silicone unders rock...but not too big, ladies....that throws off your symmetry & if your boobs flare out to the side it hides your lats.....

Lisa
07-10-2008, 04:44 AM
FOr anyone who gets contest lean, or just lean in general and doesn't have much breast tissue of their own, silicone is the best bet for avoiding rippling.
The new silicone implants are mush "softer" feeling and more pliable. I'd definitely go silicone for myself if I ever chose to have them.

Hi Brie,
I am the one who bought your green suit off O2...love it! Thanks!

fitlei
07-10-2008, 06:15 AM
Hey guys!!! I had my surgery back in April... still can't do dips... I can do seated dips but hanging dips still feel a lil weird. I'm really paranoid with doing anything because as Shells said, I don't want to mess them up. So I've decided not to train chest anymore either. It was a lil sad cuz I LOVEDDD doing chest but I love my boobies now more LOL

My only advice to those looking into getting them done is, definitely go BIGGER than you'd think. There are sooo many things I never took into consideration before having the surgery regarding size. The biggest thing was the way boobs look in a bra (extra umph) vs. without a bra. I can honestly say that even after my boob job, my boobs look small when I'm wearing no bra and a tank or something. If I could do it over, I'd probably go bigger so I could be braless with that extra upmh all the time. That's my only suggestion, as I think that in a couple of years I will go back under and go bigger :)

Other than that... best money ever spent. I love everything about them and can honestly say that trying on clothes has been the MOST fun EVERRRRRRRR. It's like a whole new excitement lol

Best of luck ladies!

Anne Sheehan Dudash
07-10-2008, 10:55 AM

Yes they do even feel real. The solid silicone are much safer now too. In the event there is a tear, nothing leaks.

BLZ77
07-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Yes they do even feel real. The solid silicone are much safer now too. In the event there is a tear, nothing leaks.

correct (= The FDA finally approved them for widespread use in late 2006.

Anne Sheehan Dudash
07-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Why is it..everytime I open this thread I catch myself touching them? lmao!

dvsness
07-10-2008, 03:31 PM
I was told that getting them 'overfilled' will keep them from rippling as well.

I have pretty much settles on getting silicone overs. I'm still a bit lost on the whole smooth vs textured and high vs regular profile.

Shelly
07-10-2008, 03:44 PM
I was told that getting them 'overfilled' will keep them from rippling as well.

I have pretty much settles on getting silicone overs. I'm still a bit lost on the whole smooth vs textured and high vs regular profile.

silicone is better than salene IMO- ive had both.

high profile are better for those with narrower backs... the diameter is smaller and they project foward more than regualr implants....

i have high profile this time and regular ones the first time and i like high profile much better.

dvsness
07-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Thanks Shell, I think that means regular profile for me. What about textures? :confused:

Shelly
07-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks Shell, I think that means regular profile for me. What about textures? :confused:

anytime!

my doc said that textured hold their place better if that makes any sense:confused:...but we went with smooth b/ of competing... they dont ripple as much!