PDA

View Full Version : Good luck, ShawnCarla!! (and me too, hehe)

sneezingstardust
06-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Pre-judging starts in 3 hours for me! Good luck to you girl, rock that stage! :cool:

Shelly
06-05-2010, 10:59 AM
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

amanda103
06-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Good luck girls!!!

Tglenn
06-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Good luck ladies. Keep us posted:popcorn:

Indigo
06-05-2010, 01:09 PM
good luck!!!

SanDgroovy
06-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Good luck!

TanyaB
06-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Good luck!!

Siouxcountry
06-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Good luck Shawn & Christine! :waving: Quite a few members are competing today across the Continent. :respect: Good luck to all! :)

KKKRRR
06-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Good Luck!

AnaC.
06-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Good luck all! Can't wait to see your pics!

ShawnCarla
06-05-2010, 06:41 PM
thank u girl...and everyone...for the good luck. and good luck to you too!
prejudging ended a couple hours ago and let me tell you, this is the toughest and biggest competition i've ever seen... 15 girls in my class...there r 4 classes and each one is just as big. plus the majority of the girls in my class have all competed nationally and at least 5 of them in my class alone are going to jr nationals too. so yeah... crazy tough competition! i was in second call outs so i'm assuming i'm not in top 5...but the two different call outs were two totaly different types of physiques. first call outs all the girls were super hard and shreded while in second all of us were a bit softer...which is what i thought they were going for now. i dunno...it's confused me a bit cuz i personally thought i brought the best package i ever have. who knows! i'm gonna get my critiques later and find out what i'm doing right and what i need to improve upon... and i'm sure jr nationals will be judged totaly different! sometim

ShawnCarla
06-05-2010, 06:46 PM
my last post got cut off for some reason...was just gonna say that sometimes this sport is so freakn confusing!

Tglenn
06-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Thanks for psoting in between am and pm show....I bet you look AWESOME! make sure you get lots of pictures...15 in your class WOW that's a lot...sending you many blessings for your evening show!!!:kiss:

ShawnCarla
06-05-2010, 07:33 PM
typing on here inbetween gives me something to do! lol...all on my phone btw so sorry for the typo's!
there will be plenty of ics as bodybuilding.com is covering it. though because it's so big we didn't even get to do individual poses which kinda sucked!
this is a regional show...a step inbetween a state show and a national show...so the competition is stiffer then most. each one of the ladies in my class..and the others...looked phenominal. i was surprised at the call outs even taking myself out of the equation. even my boyfriend..who never sugar coats it... said that according to what we thought the were looking for, the call outs should have been flip flopped. but that's why i dont take these things personaly...one day they love you one day they don't! it's all good! and just gives me more motivation to go out there and prove em wrong! lol

cray17
06-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Regardless with what you place, Shawn, as long as YOU are happy with what you bring on stage, that's what's most important. :)

Enjoy the show! :)

Scarl3tbutt3rfly
06-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Regardless with what you place, Shawn, as long as YOU are happy with what you bring on stage, that's what's most important. :)

Enjoy the show! :)

^^ this!

This was my the BEST thing I learned last year. Be happy with the package you brought first and foremorst. If you did everything you could possibly do to get it, then no matter the results you will be satisfied and at least happy with yourself. This sport is too subjective, too NOT start with that.

Rock it, Shawn! It's not over til it's over! :awesome:

ShawnCarla
06-05-2010, 09:19 PM
oh i am! and i'm very happy with my physique right now so i'm not really worried about my placement. my real goal is to get on that national stage...which i'll be doing for the first time in two weeks so i've already won! this show has been a lot of fun and the girls are all super cool... i'm getting tips from them too since so many of them have been in the national arena before. i'm learning a lot here!

Tglenn
06-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Learn as much as you can so you can school newbies like myself! :)

Siouxcountry
06-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Lets have an update ladies. :waving: How did you do Shawn? Christine? :)

ShawnCarla
06-07-2010, 12:17 AM
i was just about to post an update...
I didn't place top 5. I knew that though.... there were some weird aspects to the show, but over-all i learned a LOT and I screwed up a LOT! lol
My point in doing this show was to try a new look on stage and it totally back-fired on me.
My physique was the best it ever has been, that I know. There really are very few changes I have to make there and they are just changes that take time. but where I screwed myself this time around was in the details. The judges gave me great critiques and the great thing is most of it is easy fixes. They told me I read better as a blonde on stage first of all... so bye-bye red hair! Second, for some reason my tan did NOT come out dark enough. i don't know why. I applied just as much as I have in the past. but when I saw video and pics I immediately looked at myself and said, "whoa I'm WHITE!" So I'll be getting Liquid Sun Rays for Jr nats since that seems to provide a darker color then Jantana. And third, they hated my suit! lol It was too light of a pink... I was worried about that. I didn't know how it was going to come across on stage. So I'm glad I did it now and not at Jr's... now I have to scramble to get a dark suit in the next two weeks... ANY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME (wink wink!). And last thing was I needed a couple tweaks on my posing, which I'm working with one of the trainers at that show to help me fix. The good news is that they loved my physique, I just need to tighten up a little bit more... which was my plan to do for the next two weeks... I didn't want to come into Jrs over-dieted... and they loved my facial beauty. They mentioned I may want to give bikini a try because I have the presence and look to pull it off. I don't know about that yet... I'm going to see what happens at Jrs with all my errors fixed and go from there. I've been watching the bikini girls a lot recently and I think I could rock it up there with them. :D
So over-all I was VERY happy that I did this show and made the mistakes I did... now I don't ever have to repeat the! lol :D
Today traveled home, am doing a carb re-feed to jump start my metabolism and then I start two-a-days cardio tomorrow morning!
I did get a bunch of cute pics and I'll post them in a new thread later tonight probably.

epolis
06-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Pics, Shawn!!!

I have a friend selling a blue/purple-ish suit. What's your height/weight? I can put you into contact with her if you want. I think she's taller - over 5'6''

Shelly
06-07-2010, 12:32 AM
hey S! lets see some pics im sure we can give our feedback as well! but its always good to get the kinks and jitters out before hittin the big stage, so thats GOOD that you did! :kiss:

ShawnCarla
06-07-2010, 12:38 AM
Pics, Shawn!!!

I have a friend selling a blue/purple-ish suit. What's your height/weight? I can put you into contact with her if you want. I think she's taller - over 5'6''

Please do ask her... I'm look for a dark velvet suit... dark blue/red/purple or black with tiny bottoms... a top that can fit up to a DD I'm a large D and I'm 5'9"... I'm also will to rent or swap for advertising... I have a website and I can place ads on my site for whoever can help me out. I know it's last minute, so I'm kind of scrambling!

ShawnCarla
06-07-2010, 12:40 AM
hey S! lets see some pics im sure we can give our feedback as well! but its always good to get the kinks and jitters out before hittin the big stage, so thats GOOD that you did! :kiss:

yep that's for sure! And all the things I was worried about were the FIRST things out of the judges' mouth... so yeah, I should have gone with my gut in the first place!

Siouxcountry
06-07-2010, 12:44 AM
Great attitude, Shawn, you may not have placed top 5, but clearly you learned alot. Most important thing is to have fun at these shows! :)

ShawnCarla
06-07-2010, 01:05 AM
Great attitude, Shawn, you may not have placed top 5, but clearly you learned alot. Most important thing is to have fun at these shows! :)

Oh yeah! Like I mentioned before, you really can't take things too seriously... you can't control what other people think. If you worry about that too much it takes all the joy out of it.

sneezingstardust
06-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Shawn, congrats for getting up there!! The prize is the awesome body you earn, and all the experience...it was tough for me too! I made quite a few mistakes, but at least I know I won't next time around. ;)

Here's pictures from my competition...I didn't even place. I think I need to work on my presentation! (first comp)

I didn't get to pump up before pre-judging, and things were kind of a disaster on show day...had a lot of peaking drama!! But I had TONS of fun and learned sooo much. Don't have all the pictures yet (they're still getting sent to me) but here's what I have...

Pre-judging:

http://i46.tinypic.com/33mpr2s.jpg

These were taken after pre-judging:

http://i45.tinypic.com/nwiq6e.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/bfjqpt.jpg

Finals:

http://i46.tinypic.com/scb49c.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/19wlyb.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2aifur8.jpg

(^^^ Furthest one on the left)

And of course, victory binge:

http://i45.tinypic.com/143p0ti.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/2j5e8og.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/33usbbo.jpg

Then again, I'm only 16 so things can only go uphill from here :). This off-season will be AWESOME and I can't wait to see what I can bring to the stage next year!

Tglenn
06-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Christine your back looks AWESOME:awesome::awesome:...The figure world needs to look out for you! 16 and already looking like that, way to go!!!:respect::respect::respect::awesome::awesome: Only great things to come, cant wait:popcorn:
:waving:

ShawnCarla
06-08-2010, 02:20 PM
you look amazing girl! at at only 16 u have a bright future!
i just saw stage pics of me and holy cow...i've come a long way in a year but damn my suit tan and hair were OFF! My hair looked orange under the lights and my suit looked skin-tone... plus i had a very very light tan. all though things count! i'm meeting with posing coaches tonight and gonna discuss my suit choices... i have a few optons but i think i'm going w black this time around. we'll see!

when r u gonna get on stage again?

Siouxcountry
06-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Christine, I'm surprised you didn't place, you look better than many of the women in the line up. What is "not placing" to you?

ShawnCarla
06-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Christine, I'm surprised you didn't place, you look better than many of the women in the line up. What is "not placing" to you?

Agreed!

sneezingstardust
06-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Christine your back looks AWESOME:awesome::awesome:...The figure world needs to look out for you! 16 and already looking like that, way to go!!!:respect::respect::respect::awesome::awesome: Only great things to come, cant wait:popcorn:
:waving:

Awh, thank you so much :)

you look amazing girl! at at only 16 u have a bright future!
i just saw stage pics of me and holy cow...i've come a long way in a year but damn my suit tan and hair were OFF! My hair looked orange under the lights and my suit looked skin-tone... plus i had a very very light tan. all though things count! i'm meeting with posing coaches tonight and gonna discuss my suit choices... i have a few optons but i think i'm going w black this time around. we'll see!

when r u gonna get on stage again?

Thanks, Shawn!! I'm planning on competing again next year in the fall...so I have a little over a year to build!! :awesome:

I literally didn't place at all. :( Everyone was called out except me, so I'm assuming that would mean dead last.

Scarl3tbutt3rfly
06-08-2010, 04:24 PM
I literally didn't place at all. :( Everyone was called out except me, so I'm assuming that would mean dead last.

Did they only call out the top 5? I seriously doubt in that line up you came in last either... 6th maybe?

You look GREAT!! Congrats on your first show and enjoying yourself. You have an amazing future ahead of you! :D

sneezingstardust
06-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Did they only call out the top 5? I seriously doubt in that line up you came in last either... 6th maybe?

You look GREAT!! Congrats on your first show and enjoying yourself. You have an amazing future ahead of you! :D

They called out the top 6, which left me and one other girl left. But regardless, 7th place isn't too much different from 8th place! The girl that was left was the one on the far right of the lineup.

I'm not too bothered, you'll get different judging wherever you go. I don't COMPLETELY understand why I didn't place, but there will always be more competitions I guess.

Thanks so much!

Siouxcountry
06-08-2010, 06:35 PM
They called out the top 6, which left me and one other girl left. But regardless, 7th place isn't too much different from 8th place! The girl that was left was the one on the far right of the lineup.

I'm not too bothered, you'll get different judging wherever you go. I don't COMPLETELY understand why I didn't place, but there will always be more competitions I guess.

Thanks so much!

Do you have any front photos of the line up? Looking at the back pic, I never would have guessed most of those women placed ahead of you.

sneezingstardust
06-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Do you have any front photos of the line up? Looking at the back pic, I never would have guessed most of those women placed ahead of you.

I'm still receiving pictures and such, but I have these two (both were taken before I had peaked properly):

http://i48.tinypic.com/28ahusz.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/wgvjeq.jpg

I looked best at the night show. But I'm guessing most competitors do. The girl next to me with the short blonde hair placed 3rd...I couldn't believe it! She looked great, I thought.

ShawnCarla
06-08-2010, 09:07 PM
I'm still receiving pictures and such, but I have these two (both were taken before I had peaked properly):

http://i48.tinypic.com/28ahusz.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/wgvjeq.jpg

I looked best at the night show. But I'm guessing most competitors do. The girl next to me with the short blonde hair placed 3rd...I couldn't believe it! She looked great, I thought.

If you're open to constructive critiques... I have one.... SMILE!!!!!
That's the one thing that glares at me in all these photos... you look pissed off! Didn't you mention you had an issue with smiling or something? I thought I remembered a thread about that.

sneezingstardust
06-08-2010, 09:35 PM
If you're open to constructive critiques... I have one.... SMILE!!!!!
That's the one thing that glares at me in all these photos... you look pissed off! Didn't you mention you had an issue with smiling or something? I thought I remembered a thread about that.

Of course I'm open to criticism!! :)

I KNOW I need to smile. It was so difficult because I was shaking like a leaf on a tree when I stepped out there!! :no:

During the night show I was beaming, apparently, haha. I was a lot more confident then, but during pre-judging I was like a scared rabbit.

I'm working on it! :o

MrsFluffyBunny
06-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Congrats, Christine! It takes a lot of guts and dedication to get to the stage, period.

Why not try a CBBF (OPA) show? The judging criteria are much clearer, judges EXPECT you to seek them out for feedback post-show, and the OPA/CBBF is the only IFBB affiliate in your province.

Something to think about...

MrsFluffyBunny
06-08-2010, 11:25 PM
They mentioned I may want to give bikini a try because I have the presence and look to pull it off.

Based on the pics I've seen, I whole-heartedly agree with this feedback. :awesome:

However, this hobby requires too much work and dedication not to be doing what and competing where YOU are most happy. So whatever you decide after Jr. Nats, best wishes!!!

You're stunning, Shawn.

sneezingstardust
06-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Congrats, Christine! It takes a lot of guts and dedication to get to the stage, period.

Why not try a CBBF (OPA) show? The judging criteria are much clearer, judges EXPECT you to seek them out for feedback post-show, and the OPA/CBBF is the only IFBB affiliate in your province.

Something to think about...

I would, except they don't accept figure competitors under 18 :(

ShawnCarla
06-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Based on the pics I've seen, I whole-heartedly agree with this feedback. :awesome:

However, this hobby requires too much work and dedication not to be doing what and competing where YOU are most happy. So whatever you decide after Jr. Nats, best wishes!!!

You're stunning, Shawn.

Thank you and you're right, I want to make the best decision for ME ... I love the way my physique looks right now... it's just a matter of finding where that, and my personality, fit the best. I love Figure, but I've never tried Bikini, so who knows, I may love that too!

sneezingstardust
06-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Hah, I just realized my pic was on the homepage!! :o

Thank you and you're right, I want to make the best decision for ME ... I love the way my physique looks right now... it's just a matter of finding where that, and my personality, fit the best. I love Figure, but I've never tried Bikini, so who knows, I may love that too!

I'm sure you'd look fantastic no matter what you decide :) You're gorgeous!

Tglenn
06-13-2010, 11:40 PM
Hey C! Congrats on making the banner! You look marvelous!!!

Siouxcountry
06-14-2010, 03:04 AM
Hah, I just realized my pic was on the homepage!! :o

I hope that's ok. :)

sneezingstardust
06-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Hey C! Congrats on making the banner! You look marvelous!!!

Thanks hun!! :)

I hope that's ok. :)

Of course! I'm honored :)

TickledPink
06-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Congrats Christine! You looked amazing! When I competed in UFE they only called out the top 5. The rest of us had to wait a week or so until the results were posted to find out where we were. I think they do this because of time constraints.

I would say smile more too, but you already know that. I can't wait to see you in Figure in a few years... I think you will do some damage on that stage!! You have nice shoulders already & an amazing back & butt!

Good luck to you!!