PDA

View Full Version : Difference between NPC Bikini and Fitness Universe Bikini

BikiniBeauty
06-11-2010, 12:29 AM
I am new to the bikini world and am wondering the difference between NPC bikini and FitnessUniverse Bikini?

Does anyone have experience/input on either or both organizations?

I'd love to hear experience with Fitness Universe as I have competed in an NPC show already.

Any help or input is appreciated!

Thanks!

emileeorear
06-11-2010, 03:14 PM
I have been doing a little looking into the bikini universe competition. I have only done NPC so far. From what I can tell it is much more like a pagent. There is a bikini round and also a sportswear round where you dress up in a themed outfit. You have to do a T walk and have a bit of a routine on stage. Looks fun, just too "pagenty" for me I think.

BikiniBeauty
06-13-2010, 02:17 AM
Thanks for your response :)

Yes, in looking at them, that's what I gathered as well, but wasn't sure if anyone had heard differently.

Thanks for the input, if anyone else hears or knows of anything different, I'd love to know!

LoriZ
06-13-2010, 12:00 PM
I have been doing a little looking into the bikini universe competition. I have only done NPC so far. From what I can tell it is much more like a pagent. There is a bikini round and also a sportswear round where you dress up in a themed outfit. You have to do a T walk and have a bit of a routine on stage. Looks fun, just too "pagenty" for me I think.

I did FUP bikini before, but haven't done NPC bikini. (I'm sticking with fitness now). But the above basically covers it.
The posing and suits are different too. The suits are pretty much the same style as the figure suits. The posing, I'm not expert on, but it goes along with the T-walk. And the "sportswear" round is more of a "costume" round.

phatbaby
06-14-2010, 08:48 PM
I did FUP bikini before, but haven't done NPC bikini. (I'm sticking with fitness now). But the above basically covers it.
The posing and suits are different too. The suits are pretty much the same style as the figure suits. The posing, I'm not expert on, but it goes along with the T-walk. And the "sportswear" round is more of a "costume" round.

I have a friend that does Fitness Universe/Fitness America and just did her first NPC show this year. It is a different walk (the T-walk) and a different pose (not sticking your butt out...which could be good in some aspects). The bikini's though are exactly the same as they are for NPC. We actually have the same bikini! My friend likes to say it's more "Holly Hobbie" than the NPC.

BikiniBeauty
06-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Thanks - good to know! :)

JillianAmy
06-16-2010, 09:03 AM
I competed in the Fitness America and Fitness Universe Bikini division in 2005 and 2006. The "body" that the judges are looking for is pretty much the same as in the NPC bikini division and you are rewarded for stage presence and appearance just like in the NPC. The biggest difference is in the "themed sportswear round" where you get to do your model walk and comparison turns in your "sportswear" outfit. I wore a UFC ring girl outfit for one show and then another year I wore a cutoff basketball jersey with booty shorts. It's fun and a great chance to show off your creativity and personality! The bikini's are the same- I wore my suit from 2006 Bikini Universe to the NPC Missouri State. I really enjoyed it but I am now competing in the NPC since there is really only 2 big shows per year in FAP/FUP and no pro cards or pro status up for grabs.

SanDgroovy
06-16-2010, 04:53 PM
http://www.universeweekend.com/webcast.htm

Fitness Universe is this weekend. There will be a live access pass if those interested in paying for it. It was free last year, so I was able to check out how the competition is ran, what the gals wore, fitness routines, etc.

You can also try to youtube Fitness America bikini as well as NPC bikini competition, I have found how they run the comparison lines ups, how to do model T walks, etc.

phatbaby
06-17-2010, 07:47 PM
Also with FAP/FUP they do give you a breakdown by % of how you will be scored. With the NPC, it's a guess and different at each show it seems.