PDA

View Full Version : Are you having fun on stage?

Siouxcountry
06-23-2010, 11:22 PM
I came across these pics of Elizabeth Schneider from the 2010 Arnold Amateur. Look at how much fun she's having. Remember to enjoy competing. :)

fitchiq
06-24-2010, 01:15 AM
Awesome! Thats such a pleasure to see! I love the stage and have fun every moment that Im up there!

Betsy
06-24-2010, 01:19 AM
i have to ALWAYS TELL MYSELF-- THIS IS FUN! LOL.. i dunno why i dont LOVE being up there alone-- i have to WORK On that.. severly! LOL

i DO love the gym ;)

Jenaliegh
06-24-2010, 01:41 AM
I truly did enjoy myself this past month onstage and my boyfriend, who doesn't usually get to watch me was able to and made that exact remark "I looked like I enjoyed myself"....I'm going to keep that attitude and step it up a notch for the Europa ;) practice makes perfect...and I like to say...fake it til' you make it lol smile those nerves away :)....Elizabeth does look fabulous, she's beaming!

Michelle Beck
06-24-2010, 01:43 AM
I love being up on stage as well and I always have a good time. I just wish we could have one test run to get the last minute nerves out and then go up for pre-judging! ;) Haha

SanDgroovy
06-24-2010, 01:48 AM
I soaked up every second I was on stage at Jr Nats. I think I had a smile the entire time backstage as well, I just had a good time PERIOD! :D

cray17
06-24-2010, 02:15 AM
Gonna sound so darn country for saying this, but...

It ain't worth doing if you ain't having fun with it! ;)

DANISH DYNAMITE
06-24-2010, 08:42 AM
It's so important to remember to have fun up there! Because it is!! :) :)

Keep smiling :)

MrsFluffyBunny
06-24-2010, 12:33 PM
It's so inspiring to see competitors exuding health (as much as possible given the circumstances :angel:) and basking in the celebration of all their hard work and dedication.

Like I love to say backstage to help any Nervous Nellies (including myself the odd time), "You're here! May as well make the most of it."

Shelly
06-24-2010, 02:50 PM
i used to dread getting up there. all that hard work and my nerves would always get the best of me. this is the first yr ive learn to HAVE FUN up there!!! we work so hard might as well show the goods:D and HAVE FUN

Siouxcountry
06-24-2010, 05:07 PM
I soaked up every second I was on stage at Jr Nats. I think I had a smile the entire time backstage as well, I just had a good time PERIOD! :D

Love it! :awesome:

jewelofnile69
06-24-2010, 05:11 PM
I LOVE being on stage. My face hurts when I get off from smiling so big. It's such an awesome feeling!!!

Cnstnce
06-24-2010, 05:13 PM
I was just reading a book on positive thinking and the Law of Attraction that asked me to write down when I felt the most alive. It was easy for me to say that I feel most alive on stage. There is something about being up there that just makes me feel accomplished and it really is a huge high. I always have fun up there, I never get nervous. I look at it as the finish line to my marathon. I also try to get the other girls to smile backstage and remind them that this is their showcase, all the work is done, and there is nothing left to do but smile and take in the applause.

ShawnCarla
06-24-2010, 05:17 PM
It takes a lot of practice to feel good on stage and have fun with it. I've been in theater since I was 3 and I STILL get butterflies before I step on stage. BUT what the practice does is it gives you a means to use those butterflies to your advantage. The only way to get better is to fail a few times.... and if you have a smile on your face while you're screwing up, people are still gonna love you! lol

Funny story... I'm a singer and I sang the National Anthem for NHL a lot in NY. Once I walked out on the ice, started singing, and the microphone wasn't on. I had it turned on on my end but they didn't have it on upstairs. So everyone started screaming at me that they couldn't hear me. So I started to walk off then heard a pop; they turned the mic back on upstairs. At that point I was no longer nervous, I looked the crowd and said, "Alrighty, let's try this one more time!" Everyone cheered and it was the best performance I'd ever had.
I got more compliments after that then I had when everything went according to plan. Audiences relate to honesty and genuine people. Keep that great attitude and you'll win everyone over no matter what you do!

jacks9385
06-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Oh man I LOVE being on stage!!! And I love that anxious feeling I get when I'm waiting in the line to walk out!! I always get the nervous yawns right before I walk out....it's really weird. I stand in line waiting and can't stop yawning!! It's not like I'm tired or anything??!! I guess it's better than nervous gas right?? :rofl: Stage time is your time to revel in all your glory for the hard work that you put in!! HAM it up!!! I love seeing girls have a good time up there....and I think the judges can sense which girls are comfortable and confident and it really makes them stand out in the lineup!

ripitupbaby
06-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Love those pics... she reminds us all that it's about having fun. I always have a blast on stage. :awesome:

pinkeraserwm
06-24-2010, 06:36 PM
I love being on stage and have so much fun. I just need to learn to have fun and not stress out during the process. That seems to be the part that is seriously messing with me now - I get so panicked about presenting my BEST look that I mess myself up long before I can even get there. Eventually I'll get back to stage.

phatbaby
06-24-2010, 11:04 PM
It ain't worth doing if you ain't having fun with it! ;)

AGREE!!

Gin
06-25-2010, 04:04 PM
I LOOOOOVE competing! I love the whole process, really. The day before, backstage, and right through the night show are a blast. Win, lose, or draw, I'm always flying high after a show. It's fun, fun, fun!

Siouxcountry
06-25-2010, 10:23 PM
Look at Amanda Zawojsky's big smile at the Jr Nationals this past weekend. :)

Bojana Vasiljevic
06-28-2010, 01:52 PM
I love the stage.It is a pleasure for me, always:)
You can see on photos....