PDA

View Full Version : Was Michelle over looked?

JasonLannigan
08-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Michelle Craven was in last call out, out of 7 call outs (8th & 9th call outs were the top women)...................

Michelle Beck
08-13-2010, 11:53 PM
I would say yes!!! :confused: I grew up and graduated high school with Michelle. She has always been athletic and has built a great physique. IMO, she definitely should have been called out in an earlier group. She is a doctor (Dr. Craven) and does not make competing as a pro her full time job and we all know how things go sometimes if you do not constantly stay on the competitive circuit. :banghead:

D. Lavette
08-14-2010, 12:57 AM
In a show this big, it's hard not to overlook a few girls. The judges had it handed to them! They did not have an easy job.

JasonLannigan
08-14-2010, 01:03 AM
In a show this big, it's hard not to overlook a few girls. The judges had it handed to them! They did not have an easy job.

True, judging a show this size is not easy.

Fitrose
08-14-2010, 01:27 AM
IMO this has been one of the best line ups of the year. The lighting and stage look so good too. I'm still sitting here scratching my head. Definitely a difficult group of girls to judge because they all look so damn good!

Rosa

sue upson
08-14-2010, 02:34 AM
YES! I just love her and she's got an amazing body to boot! There were a few girls that got "over looked"! Not really understanding the call outs but do I ever?? NOPE!!!

LIFTstudios
08-14-2010, 03:45 AM
Nice girl - yes. Overlooked? No.

In my opinion.

AnneP
08-14-2010, 08:06 AM
No she wasnt.

JasonLannigan
08-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Nice girl - yes. Overlooked? No.

In my opinion.

No she wasnt.

Last year she placed 8th at the Europa out of 17 women. What do you see the difference in her physique is from last year to this year? Or is this show better competition? What can Michelle do to improve? Construct feedback, she is a member of our site.

2009 IFBB Europa Super Show..................

AnneP
08-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Well, totally different contest. It is not only about how u look and whats the difference, it is all about who u get compared with and how u look compared to them. I think she did look better last year.

And besides, cant really comment as I still am truly lost what it comes to judging. For example IMO soft Mindi had nothing impressive, would have had her in 4th5th/6th/ call out and Terri Turner who is apparently fighting for first place could in my opinion lift 2 more years to get a bit muscles ..... while Rosalind and Levonda I would have had in first call out. There were many killer physiques in real low call outs and God only knows - or I assume even God does not understand some of these call outs - but Sandy, knows why ... on the other hand, for example, I have no clue why Taylor was in better call outs (she has ..nearly nothing?! ) than Michelle. I just dont understand. So, yeh, IMO she might be better than some girls being in better call outs but nothing so dramatic that I would call her getting overlooked.... I still would not have her in TOP call outs. If someone was overlooked, IMO, Rosalind.

Feedback? In photos, IMO her structure does not look the best, hip area is somehow big and weird, her legs look looooong, and leg structure is bad ... quite wide midsection in back shots.

But again, what do I know ..

jewelisa
08-14-2010, 04:16 PM
I also thought Ann Titone who was or seemed to have been being compared to Rosaland in the line up ? Should of been in higher call out also ...

I know she's my trainer and all but she placed higher and over some girls at NY pro .. But she came in even better at this show ?

But I am no expert !! nor do I play one on TV :rofl::rofl: just crazy trying to understand the judging process .. Still going over all pics of the girls ..

Suzanne
08-14-2010, 04:36 PM
aren't people going to be overlooked according to some people at all shows? We could start countless threads on this person or that person being overlooked.

I guess I don't get the purpose of these threads after every show

sorry

JasonLannigan
08-14-2010, 04:49 PM
aren't people going to be overlooked according to some people at all shows? We could start countless threads on this person or that person being overlooked.

I guess I don't get the purpose of these threads after every show

sorry

I'll continue to start threads about any topic I like, and I hope you will as well (it makes the board interesting). :p

I thought Michelle was over looked again, I thought the same in Jacksonville. I don't see how she deserves last call out, but people are free to disagree with me, and hopefully give Michelle constructive feedback so she can improve. :)

jewelisa
08-14-2010, 04:55 PM
I like these discussions for we get to see what other people are looking at / seeing in different competitors ! Kinda like any other sport ....

KP DIVA
08-14-2010, 05:06 PM
I like these discussions for we get to see what other people are looking at / seeing in different competitors ! Kinda like any other sport ....

I see Suzanne's point, some one has 2b last.....I also see your point too.

Suzanne
08-14-2010, 05:28 PM

a good thread for that type of discussion would be
"who would you have chosen as top 5 and why"

discussing structure, condition, presentation (which we can't get from pics)

jewelisa
08-14-2010, 07:01 PM
a good thread for that type of discussion would be
"who would you have chosen as top 5 and why"

discussing structure, condition, presentation (which we can't get from pics)

good point ! How are you doing, adjusting any better to the freakin AZ heat ? Hope prep is going well !

Suzanne
08-14-2010, 07:12 PM
good point ! How are you doing, adjusting any better to the freakin AZ heat ? Hope prep is going well !

Not really i am convinced the phrase "hotter than hell" was coined by someone in AZ!!! :rofl: i keep thinking could be worse could be 90-100 plus humid

foxieroxie007
08-15-2010, 12:10 AM
No I don't think she was overlooked. Nice physique, but overall in comparison to the first call outs, she doesn't really fit into that mix, IMO.

However, I wanted to just shout out Rosalind:respect:. Girl stepped up her game and the hair/make-up combo looks FABULOUS. She looks beautiful!

JasonLannigan
08-15-2010, 12:13 AM
Shocker, Ava Cowan... Wow, last call out? Did I see that right? She however does look like she has a lot of size, maybe the judges weren't too fond of that this show.

Ava was in 2nd call out.

foxieroxie007
08-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Yeah I went back and looked, so you caught me before I changed it. LOL, I just got up from a nap, lol.

Rosalind
08-15-2010, 12:31 AM
No I don't think she was overlooked. Nice physique, but overall in comparison to the first call outs, she doesn't really fit into that mix, IMO.

However, I wanted to just shout out Rosalind:respect:. Girl stepped up her game and the hair/make-up combo looks FABULOUS. She looks beautiful!

Thanks Roxie! Support from you guys was the result of that adjustment, and I do hope that love and intrest in all competitors comtinue on SC. You guys are the greatest!
:waving:

fitfox17
08-15-2010, 01:14 AM
Thanks Roxie! Support from you guys was the result of that adjustment, and I do hope that love and intrest in all competitors comtinue on SC. You guys are the greatest!

I agree Rosalind, you looked great!

Fitrose
08-15-2010, 01:48 AM

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! Your best ever Rosalind. So proud of you. Amazing body, amazing person. xo