235-C Robbins Lane
Syoset NY 11791
516-933-1111

www.bevfrancis.com/contests/schedule
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1049904069
www.myspace.com/bevsgym

foxieroxie007
08-21-2010, 01:52 AM
Does anyone know, do you have to be a NY resident to compete, or can you be living in another state? I'm considering doing this show.

fitnj
08-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Hi Roxie,

You do not need to be a resident to compete. I'm in NJ and competing in this show.

What division are you competing in?

foxieroxie007
08-25-2010, 04:08 AM
Awesome! Tall class Figure :awesome:. So looking forward to it.

reurope
10-02-2010, 09:55 PM
ONE WEEK, LADIES!

foxieroxie007
10-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Yep can't wait. You competing girl?

jeff binns
10-04-2010, 10:45 PM
See you ladies there!
I'll be photographing the show for Muscular Development magazine!
And maybe doing a shoot or two on Sunday......anyone interested?
Good luck to all competing!

Jeff

taralavalley
10-05-2010, 03:37 AM
HI!! If anyone needs professional makeup or airbrush tanning for the Eastern USAs, I still have a few spots left.

Contact me ASAP at taralavalley@yahoo.com
or 646-257-0954

:)Tara

reurope
10-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Yep can't wait. You competing girl?
Oh I am definitely competing. You know, ProTan is like cocaine - you take what you can get, but you've never REALLY had enough.
(ps - never done cocaine)
(pps - EVER)
(ppps - really good at metaphors and similes when dieting. Body slows down, brain speeds up)

NYCStrongFox
10-07-2010, 05:51 PM
See you ladies there!
I'll be photographing the show for Muscular Development magazine!
And maybe doing a shoot or two on Sunday......anyone interested?
Good luck to all competing!

Jeff

Darn Jeff, I'll miss you. I'm not going to the show this year b/c I have plans. Have fun.

Good luck ladies!

foxieroxie007
10-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Oh I am definitely competing. You know, ProTan is like cocaine - you take what you can get, but you've never REALLY had enough.
(ps - never done cocaine)
(pps - EVER)
(ppps - really good at metaphors and similes when dieting. Body slows down, brain speeds up)

Eh Liquid Sun Rayz is my fix of choice.

Shelly
10-09-2010, 03:29 PM
good luck to all competing!! i wont be making it there today!

Siouxcountry
10-09-2010, 03:31 PM
good luck to all competing!!

x 2! Good luck everyone! :waving:

IslandGirl
10-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Good luck to all the athletes today!

Siouxcountry
10-09-2010, 07:38 PM
RXmuscle candids / backstage photo gallery..............

http://www.rxmuscle.com/photos/index.php/contests/2010-NPC-Eastern-USA

Siouxcountry
10-10-2010, 04:31 AM
Results & pics...........

http://pics.musculardevelopment.com/index.php?mode=contest&eventcode=1423

fitforfat
10-10-2010, 05:09 AM
This was my first show ever and I had so much fun!!!!! Roxie is an absolute riot and I had a lot of fun hanging out with her backstage.

I'll admit, I was a bit intimidated coming into this show. I'm only 21 years old and a complete baby to this sport, but everybody was so encouraging and didn't make me feel like a fish out of water. The show itself was incredibly organized and fast paced. They told us exactly what we needed to do, which was a huge relief because I was pretty much clueless!

I really liked the package that I brought to the stage, but I sure could have wrapped it better! I was white as a GHOST compared to the other girls and my straps were hanging out of my bunched up suit bottoms =P Newbie mistakes that I will learn from.

I still had the time of my life and I even placed (5th), which I was not expecting at all! I sort of just stared at the announcer until I decided that she didn't mistakenly call my number. It was a total shock to me because I wasn't in the first call outs. Heck, I wasn't even in the middle for the second call outs, so you can imagine my surprise!

I am so glad that my first experience was a positive one. It completely solidified my desire to compete again in the future! For now, I'll just be focusing on building in my off season.

I attached some photos for your viewing below, if my white skin doesn't blind you from the computer screen :)

Siouxcountry
10-10-2010, 05:23 AM
This was my first show ever and I had so much fun!!!!! Roxie is an absolute riot and I had a lot of fun hanging out with her backstage.

I finally know your name! ;) Title added. :computer2: Congrats, Andrea! I am happy you had a wonderful time. :)

reurope
10-10-2010, 07:52 AM
First of all, Congratulations to all the SC girls who competed, especially Roxie because she was in my class so of course I remember her.
Um, that said...uhhhhh, Figure C Top 5...where do I begin?
Look, I'm not saying I deserved top 5 (AT ALL, because I was standing a few feet behind MariaLuisa Diaz and her perfect butt brought tears to my crappy little mascaraed eyes), but if anyone has any feedback at all on how this chick placed 4th and I didn't place at all, I could use it, because I am scratching my head HARD over this one. I'm not even sure how she beat Jessica Smith, who got 5th and had the tiniest waist on the planet.
Also, this chick was not in first callout, and when they sent some girls back and brought new girls into the callout, she wasn't in that group either. I, however, was in first callout, and when they brought out new girls, I was right next to Jessica Smith, who placed 5th. Just saying.
Seriously...REALLY...feedback. The comparisons...

ATilly
10-10-2010, 11:08 AM

I'll admit, I was a bit intimidated coming into this show. I'm only 21 years old and a complete baby to this sport, but everybody was so encouraging and didn't make me feel like a fish out of water. The show itself was incredibly organized and fast paced. They told us exactly what we needed to do, which was a huge relief because I was pretty much clueless!

I really liked the package that I brought to the stage, but I sure could have wrapped it better! I was white as a GHOST compared to the other girls and my straps were hanging out of my bunched up suit bottoms =P Newbie mistakes that I will learn from.

I still had the time of my life and I even placed (5th), which I was not expecting at all! I sort of just stared at the announcer until I decided that she didn't mistakenly call my number. It was a total shock to me because I wasn't in the first call outs. Heck, I wasn't even in the middle for the second call outs, so you can imagine my surprise!

I am so glad that my first experience was a positive one. It completely solidified my desire to compete again in the future! For now, I'll just be focusing on building in my off season.

I attached some photos for your viewing below, if my white skin doesn't blind you from the computer screen :)

Congrats Andrea on your first show!!!! You look good (although yes maybe your color is a bit light), really good with such great proportions!!!! I think you'll do great in this sport, you are a natural and top 5 in your first show is great. Enjoy!

ATilly
10-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Robynn, you look GOOD girl. I'm impressed and based on those pics you definitely (IMO) had the better package there. Not sure what everyone looked like together but the girl who won the overall, wow on the quads. They are sick and gorgeous but I thought they didn't go for that much separation, hers is fairly major.

AnneP
10-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Robynn - impossible. And u, u look good.

foxieroxie007
10-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Andrea if figure is something you love, keep going, you have amazing potential. Congrats girl, I was SO happy for you and the other girl in "Team Selfish." (Little inside joke cause we were in a little quietly hidden dressing room that no one else seemed to notice.)

I must say, this being my second show EVER, was hands down an amazing experience. I knew going into this that NY was going to bring it and the competition would be fierce. I think for the first time I was nervous about if I'd even as much as crack top 5, and I actually like that because when you do well it makes it even more accomplishing. There were 19 women in class c which ironically was the biggest class. We're never that big. And all girls in this show looked great. I'm loving this sport more and more each show.

I was first call out at PJ, finished in the middle next to the class/overall winner by the end of our comparisons and honestly its so crazy when that happens. Cause you have no idea what order they may be placing it in. So I left it at that and went backstage to chill. I was waiting outside for my friend when the PJ Show was over when one of the judges told me to stay afterwards and see the judges table after the show. Floored and scared shitless, who gets TOLD that in a huge show with soooo many competitors.

After all was said and done I came in top 3 placing 3rd. Again second show ever and trained and dieted on my own. I was already on cloud nine. I had so many audience members who complimented me that it truly humbled me further. This was both after prejudging and finals. But I think the thing that put the ABSOLUTE icing on the cake were the words of compliment and encouragement I got from Kai Greene himself! What he said to me was SO amazing that I still ask myself if I was dreaming. We had a whole conversation and I'm going to keep what was said private, but when you have people like that in our sport pushing and boosting you up, you know you're on the right path to be doing what you love.

Here's what the judges want from me:

Change suit color and cut - they like the color but think I could have chosen something that pops more for me. Teal or aqua was suggested which is exactly my next choice for Nationals next year anyways. As for the cut, they didn't like the way my top was because it didn't flatter me as much as it could. One judge suggested that I have chicken cutlets inside to fill me up on top to balance out my figure completely. My breasts got suuuuuper non existent now lol, however I'm having augmentation in Dec so this will be a non issue.

Posing - ok when I saw the pics online during the show I was concerned if I was coming in with too much muscle and too hard. They apparently love my body but want me to change my posing. They want me to relax my shoulders and basically not flex too much, and to not hike my butt up when facing backbat all. They said it shortens my line and hides my waist.

They love my hair and make up saying it looked stunning. One of the audience members called me a Barbie Doll lol.

I was referred to train with Kim Oddo and the judge told me to send him a personal message to him telling him to "take care of me." I was considering him or Scott Abel to prep for Nationals in 2011. I'm planning on 4 shows and hopefully a pro card lol.

So that was my end of the stick. Robyn you did great, I know you won the class last year so I was surprised you weren't placed higher. I have video of the PJ show, if I could upload it here maybe others can chime in, but I wont get to it til tomorrow. In your case I'd def email the judges, they can better explain the reasons and its probably more a presentation thing for them as your body looked good.

I think the top 2 girls looked great. In evaluating the judges critiques they brought the total package and in all honesty it was those 2 girls and a few others that made me look twice at myself. NY shows always seem to go for harder looks in judging from past shows.

I'm so proud of myself. I am however going to skip the Dec show in LA, go into a strong off season, have surgery, contact Kim, and get ready for a STRONG national season.

2011 here we go.

http://gallery.rxmuscle.com/index.php?contest=93&year=264&bodybuilder=13569#0

reurope
10-10-2010, 02:03 PM
LOL! Roxie, you think that girl's PRESENTATION was better than mine? Ummm, are we looking at the same girl?
Anyway ladies, I truly believe the judges mixed up our numbers (48 and 49), because I do not believe there is any way I made first callout, stayed through both configurations of it, was placed right next to Jessica Smith (5th place) in the second rehash of first callout, and SOMEHOW someone who (a) wasn't in ANY "version" of first callout and (b) brought this package got fourth place. I could be delusional, but here's the top five comparison. Feel free to put me in my place if I'm imagining things.

Siouxcountry
10-10-2010, 02:16 PM
LOL! Roxie, you think that girl's PRESENTATION was better than mine? Ummm, are we looking at the same girl?
Anyway ladies, I truly believe the judges mixed up our numbers (48 and 49), because I do not believe there is any way I made first callout, stayed through both configurations of it, was placed right next to Jessica Smith (5th place) in the second rehash of first callout, and SOMEHOW someone who (a) wasn't in ANY "version" of first callout and (b) brought this package got fourth place. I could be delusional, but here's the top five comparison. Feel free to put me in my place if I'm imagining things.

Robynn I looked at pics, I can't explain how Yvette placed ahead of you and Jessica. Nothing against Yvette, but IMO you and Jessica had the superior physique yesterday.

foxieroxie007
10-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Nope didnt say that at all, I only was making mention of the top 2 girls only, since for me it was a comparison to my own placing. I personally prefer not to talk about placing in a way of who deserves what over someone else because it takes away from the work someone else did and what they achieved. That's just MHO. I don't take away however from how you feel, you have a right to know the answer. Honestly only the judges can give you a clear answer since they saw it all in person. You should honestly talk to Linda Wood-Hoyte she was awesome with feedback. Who knows what it was, if it was an error wouldn't they have fixed it when the top 5 were pulled after the group presentation? If they made an error that would be crazy to not fix it then and there, as it's clear the difference in look between you two. Honestly it could be something as minute in OUR minds that's not even body related (I'm talking about posing, suit color, cut, walking out, eye contact, stage presence, whatever, the things we don't consider when looking at just the body). Those details Linda would be completely raw with you about. When I got feed back from her and Sharon I think her name was (long blong hair), it boiled down to those minute factors for me. Easy things to fix.

There were many girls whom I thought would have placed higher based on the bodies they presented, it was honestly a tough class. I'm honored to have been a part of it all.

fitforfat
10-10-2010, 03:09 PM

That's what happened to me, though. I wasn't in first call out and somehow got 5th (Figure B).

I didn't stay until the end of the show because my parents wanted to go out to eat. Who do I contact for some feedback?

reurope
10-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Robynn I looked at pics, I can't explain how Yvette placed ahead of you and Jessica. Nothing against Yvette, but IMO you and Jessica had the superior physique yesterday.
Sioux, I am hurt AND confused. Like, it's not just her butt that pisses me off. It's her proportions, her presentation, her suit, her posing, her belly, her legs, EVERYTHING. I can't think of one damn thing that girl had on me, and if not me, then how about Jessica Smith?? I wonder if Jess is outraged, because there is no waaaaay Jess came in with that wasp waist and booty to get beaten by Number 48!!!!

reurope
10-10-2010, 03:16 PM
That's what happened to me, though. I wasn't in first call out and somehow got 5th (Figure B).

I didn't stay until the end of the show because my parents wanted to go out to eat. Who do I contact for some feedback?
Andrea, you weren't in first callout, but wasn't class B first callout only four girls? Our first callout was several girls, then some got sent back and new ones were brought in. I was in the original group, and of the new people, I was placed dead center next to the girl who got fifth. Yvette White was never compared to ANY OF US. Not the other top four girls or ANY girls in ANY version of the first callout.
But really the proof is in the pudding. You look at those pictures and you tell me I got first callout, but THAT girl knocked me out.

foxieroxie007
10-10-2010, 03:21 PM
There were 6 in the first call out. 1-3 or 4 sent away, then the next group came in with the girls that were left on stage from first call out. That's the only time I pay attention on stage besides hearing "Ladies Qtr Turn" :o.

If you want Linda's email I can give it to you, I'll PM it if you'd like she gave me her card. Don't let it upset you, it's just one show, just talk to her.

Siouxcountry
10-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Sioux, I am hurt AND confused. Like, it's not just her butt that pisses me off. It's her proportions, her presentation, her suit, her posing, her belly, her legs, EVERYTHING. I can't think of one damn thing that girl had on me, and if not me, then how about Jessica Smith?? I wonder if Jess is outraged, because there is no waaaaay Jess came in with that wasp waist and booty to get beaten by Number 48!!!!

Understandable, Robynn. I would contact Linda, and see what she says. Was she the head judge? Maybe indeed a mistake was made on there part. You pointed out above what might have happened...........

Anyway ladies, I truly believe the judges mixed up our numbers (48 and 49)

ShawnCarla
10-10-2010, 03:31 PM
I don't know if this will help with your hurt feelings or not but before I saw this thread I commented on the one in the BB, Figure, etc forum.
Based on the photos there I put Roxie in first and Robynn in second.... I really feel you both were the best in the class based on the photos. The only reason I placed Roxie in 1st is because I felt her back pose was better balanced between her upper and lower body as opposed to Robynn's. But Robyn I felt had the best V taper on stage.. and had the best over-all presentation (hair make-up suit, etc) as well. So 6 in one hand half a dozen in the other. But what do I know???

foxieroxie007
10-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Understandable, Robynn. I would contact Linda, and see what she says. Was she the head judge? Maybe they made a mistake as you pointed out above what might have happened...........

I don't think Linda was the head judge, it was supposed to be Jim Manion, but he wasn't. However Linda is the judge who personally asked me to come to the table after prejudging, and she had a whole NOTEBOOK on each person she saw. LOL, she saw my pics and my number as was ready with all the things she needed to say and the other judges agreed. She was spot on, and I felt completely honest and wasn't giving me some bullshit she was making up off the top of her head. She had her bullet points and told me what I needed to hear, stuff that will help tremedously (and stuff I already knew I need to focus on in any case) as I grow as a competitor.

I'd send her the comparisons from here, including the top 5 and yourself, and point out the number difference too. I can't see why they wouldn't fix that right away when they called the top 5, clearly besides you both being black women there is a distinction in your look, it's hard to mix up when you see the person they call out. That's insane. But you don't know until you ask, so take the energy and put it toward what will help you, cause girl venting it here isn't going to get you the answers. And it doesn't reflect positively when the competitors bicker publicly about placing, you don't want that kind of reputation. You have far too much potential to do very well in this sport.

foxieroxie007
10-10-2010, 03:34 PM
I don't know if this will help with your hurt feelings or not but before I saw this thread I commented on the one in the BB, Figure, etc forum.
Based on the photos there I put Roxie in first and Robynn in second.... I really feel you both were the best in the class based on the photos. The only reason I placed Roxie in 1st is because I felt her back pose was better balanced between her upper and lower body as opposed to Robynn's. But Robyn I felt had the best V taper on stage.. and had the best over-all presentation (hair make-up suit, etc) as well. So 6 in one hand half a dozen in the other. But what do I know???

Shawn thanks so much, I appreciate it. The first place girl I feel did amazing, in person she rocked it out, I give it to her. My time for first will arrive in the future, it gives me something to work toward.

Siouxcountry
10-10-2010, 03:38 PM
2011 here we go.

Roxie, congrats on placing top 3 in your first two shows in the NPC. :waving: Enjoy your off season. :)

foxieroxie007
10-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Roxie, congrats on placing top 3 in your first two shows in the NPC. :waving: Enjoy your off season. :)

Thanks Sioux, this has been a really mind blowing 4 months for me, lol. I started training officially for my first show in June 2010. I'm very grateful. To celebrate, I'm only going on a one week eating frenzy in NYC then back to LA with a sane off season plan. I'm going to contact Kim and get some feedback and a game plan for 2011 Project Domination lol :rofl: (that's what I'm calling my training program).

Siouxcountry
10-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Our member Diana Graham won the bikini overall at the NPC Eastern USA. She'll be competing at Nationals in Atlanta in a few days. :)

reurope
10-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Awesome consolation prize, kind of cooler than the trophy I don't have: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs004.snc4/33553_1623615320731_1546936544_1528957_4495909_n.j pg

dianagraham
10-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Our member Diana Graham won the bikini overall at the NPC Eastern USA. She'll be competing at Nationals in Atlanta in a few days. :)

Hi Sioux!!!! :waving: Thanks for the shout out! The show was AWESOME! By FAR the best I've ever competed in. It was run great! We knew exactly what was expected from us. Followed through on presentation expectations (no stripper poses or DQ!) AND my class (A) was FULL of beautiful great women! I am so proud to have won and SO ready for nationals! :)

ShawnCarla
10-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Hi Sioux!!!! :waving: Thanks for the shout out! The show was AWESOME! By FAR the best I've ever competed in. It was run great! We knew exactly what was expected from us. Followed through on presentation expectations (no stripper poses or DQ!) AND my class (A) was FULL of beautiful great women! I am so proud to have won and SO ready for nationals! :)

First of all, you look GREAT!

Second, I wanted to make mention of something I find very interesting...
Did you notice that all the top finishers in this show have a very "Sonia Gonzales-like" look to their physiques??
Just find it interesting that now that we've seen the Olympia choice and we're getting back to local shows that the look is favoring more muscular physiques... personally, I'm all for it! I just wanted to point that out real quick!

Siouxcountry
10-10-2010, 07:43 PM

You're welcome. I expect you to do well in Atlanta. I like your look for bikini. :) Good luck!

yvetta45
10-10-2010, 07:55 PM
First of all, Congratulations to all the SC girls who competed, especially Roxie because she was in my class so of course I remember her.
Um, that said...uhhhhh, Figure C Top 5...where do I begin?
Look, I'm not saying I deserved top 5 (AT ALL, because I was standing a few feet behind MariaLuisa Diaz and her perfect butt brought tears to my crappy little mascaraed eyes), but if anyone has any feedback at all on how this chick placed 4th and I didn't place at all, I could use it, because I am scratching my head HARD over this one. I'm not even sure how she beat Jessica Smith, who got 5th and had the tiniest waist on the planet.
Also, this chick was not in first callout, and when they sent some girls back and brought new girls into the callout, she wasn't in that group either. I, however, was in first callout, and when they brought out new girls, I was right next to Jessica Smith, who placed 5th. Just saying.
Seriously...REALLY...feedback. The comparisons...

You should play nice young lady!!! YOU were behind me and thats where you will stay ..SEE ME AT TEAM U!

Siouxcountry
10-10-2010, 08:41 PM
You should play nice young lady!!! YOU were behind me and thats where you will stay ..SEE ME AT TEAM U!

Hi, Yvette, :) don't take it personal. Were discussing "physique" here only.

fitnessfox
10-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Andrea if figure is something you love, keep going, you have amazing potential. Congrats girl, I was SO happy for you and the other girl in "Team Selfish." (Little inside joke cause we were in a little quietly hidden dressing room that no one else seemed to notice.)

I must say, this being my second show EVER, was hands down an amazing experience. I knew going into this that NY was going to bring it and the competition would be fierce. I think for the first time I was nervous about if I'd even as much as crack top 5, and I actually like that because when you do well it makes it even more accomplishing. There were 19 women in class c which ironically was the biggest class. We're never that big. And all girls in this show looked great. I'm loving this sport more and more each show.

I was first call out at PJ, finished in the middle next to the class/overall winner by the end of our comparisons and honestly its so crazy when that happens. Cause you have no idea what order they may be placing it in. So I left it at that and went backstage to chill. I was waiting outside for my friend when the PJ Show was over when one of the judges told me to stay afterwards and see the judges table after the show. Floored and scared shitless, who gets TOLD that in a huge show with soooo many competitors.

After all was said and done I came in top 3 placing 3rd. Again second show ever and trained and dieted on my own. I was already on cloud nine. I had so many audience members who complimented me that it truly humbled me further. This was both after prejudging and finals. But I think the thing that put the ABSOLUTE icing on the cake were the words of compliment and encouragement I got from Kai Greene himself! What he said to me was SO amazing that I still ask myself if I was dreaming. We had a whole conversation and I'm going to keep what was said private, but when you have people like that in our sport pushing and boosting you up, you know you're on the right path to be doing what you love.

Here's what the judges want from me:

Change suit color and cut - they like the color but think I could have chosen something that pops more for me. Teal or aqua was suggested which is exactly my next choice for Nationals next year anyways. As for the cut, they didn't like the way my top was because it didn't flatter me as much as it could. One judge suggested that I have chicken cutlets inside to fill me up on top to balance out my figure completely. My breasts got suuuuuper non existent now lol, however I'm having augmentation in Dec so this will be a non issue.

Posing - ok when I saw the pics online during the show I was concerned if I was coming in with too much muscle and too hard. They apparently love my body but want me to change my posing. They want me to relax my shoulders and basically not flex too much, and to not hike my butt up when facing backbat all. They said it shortens my line and hides my waist.

They love my hair and make up saying it looked stunning. One of the audience members called me a Barbie Doll lol.

I was referred to train with Kim Oddo and the judge told me to send him a personal message to him telling him to "take care of me." I was considering him or Scott Abel to prep for Nationals in 2011. I'm planning on 4 shows and hopefully a pro card lol.

So that was my end of the stick. Robyn you did great, I know you won the class last year so I was surprised you weren't placed higher. I have video of the PJ show, if I could upload it here maybe others can chime in, but I wont get to it til tomorrow. In your case I'd def email the judges, they can better explain the reasons and its probably more a presentation thing for them as your body looked good.

I think the top 2 girls looked great. In evaluating the judges critiques they brought the total package and in all honesty it was those 2 girls and a few others that made me look twice at myself. NY shows always seem to go for harder looks in judging from past shows.

I'm so proud of myself. I am however going to skip the Dec show in LA, go into a strong off season, have surgery, contact Kim, and get ready for a STRONG national season.

2011 here we go.

http://gallery.rxmuscle.com/index.php?contest=93&year=264&bodybuilder=13569#0

Hey Roxy,

It was great meeting you! Sorry I didnt get a chance to say goodbye after my class was on stage,, if you get a chance please give me feedback on my class B,, a little confused, Class C overall winner was hard, Class C was all hard, however my class the overall winner was not hard at all, not saying she wasnt good, however based on what the judges were looking for i was def harder than her. Anyway great job, i know i will see you again!

Christina (#29)

LaurenFazio
10-10-2010, 09:43 PM
I was thinkin the same thing!!
Love your look Diana, you looked awesome!!! Congrats!

Shelly
10-10-2010, 11:12 PM
hi diana. congrats! u have the ideal look for bikini IMO!:D

good luck in a week!

Shelly
10-10-2010, 11:13 PM
congrats roxie!!!!

Shelly
10-10-2010, 11:15 PM
congrats andrea!!! u looked great girl!

Betsy
10-10-2010, 11:34 PM
hi diana. congrats! u have the ideal look for bikini IMO!:D

good luck in a week!

x2! sick bikini physique!

foxieroxie007
10-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Thanks guys so much, it was a very exciting day indeed.

Diana my mom LOOOOVED you! You really rocked it out in that overall showdown as well. Congrats.

Christina! Hi hi hi! I'm glad to see you here we forgot to exchange info. Yes for Team Sharing Challenged! lol Girl honestly I am not the one to even begin to ask for feedback because I have no idea of what the judges would say about what they want to see from you individually. But you placed 2nd in a full class and that's so amazing so congrats. You looked stunning, so it could just be a simple presentation fix (again this judge was really stressing this when she was talking to me, so I can imagine these are things they REALLY pay close attention to). And it's not to say it was "bad" what anyone did, but just things to improve upon so we can move forward to the next level. Hell if all was perfect, we'd all be on the Olympia stage.

What I would do is just contact Bev Francis (she was judging too you know) at Power House and ask them for the head judge's email, then you can get an official word on what you need to do to pull together a tighter overall package for your next show. You looked beautiful in person for sure! Make sure to submit your pics, and maybe even if there are comparison photos of your line up floating around you can send that too. That way they remember who they were looking at.

dianagraham
10-11-2010, 04:20 AM
Thank you everyone! It helps To motivate me so much to have your support and positive feedback! Just what I need the week of Nationals!!!

Michelle Brent
10-11-2010, 03:11 PM
It was a great show, the figure over-all gal was jacked!!! I love it!! here is a pic of me and Jillian Reville, Jilly is one week out form Nats!!
Aso my great friend LeaAnn Scelfo won the heavies and is one her way to the Nats. She will have a vid out this week on Md.com

Siouxcountry
10-11-2010, 03:16 PM
It was a great show, the figure over-all gal was jacked!!! I love it!! here is a pic of me and Jillian Reville, Jilly is one week out form Nats!!
Aso my great friend LeaAnn Scelfo won the heavies and is one her way to the Nats. She will have a vid out this week on Md.com

You look like you could compete at Nationals. :cool:

dvsness
10-11-2010, 03:58 PM
I believe Weinberger was the head judge.

Robynn, have you ever done a Jersey show?

To all - remember when you step on stage, you are inviting judgment and critique. ;)

Michelle Brent
10-11-2010, 04:54 PM
LOL, Hey V:waving:- NO Nats for me! I should of done it, but too much money already spent and body needs a break! But I really try to stay as lean as I can, I really have a good game plan for next yr!!!!

reurope
10-11-2010, 06:41 PM
I believe Weinberger was the head judge.

Robynn, have you ever done a Jersey show?

To all - remember when you step on stage, you are inviting judgment and critique. ;)
V, I have never done a Jersey show, but now I'm considering it out of necessity. Frustrating since I really did "leave it all on the stage" this time around. You know what's messed up? I don't even think the judging was bad! I just think this was a massive error! Sometimes we all question the judging at shows, but in this case I really found no fault with anything I saw EXCEPT this (at least as far as figure goes. The audience engaged in SERIOUS booing during the men's bodybuilding awards...).

Last...Melissa DiBernardo. GodDAMN that girl was on point. I love how all the girls that leave figure for bodybuilding are straight up KILLING it. Because a champ is a champ is a champ...

reurope
10-11-2010, 06:43 PM
LOL, Hey V:waving:- NO Nats for me! I should of done it, but too much money already spent and body needs a break! But I really try to stay as lean as I can, I really have a good game plan for next yr!!!!
Michelle, I agree with Sioux! I was at the diner with Wanda after the show and seeing you in person was MINDBLOWING. You are in killer f*ckin shape and I ASSUMED you were prepping for Nats.

fitnessfox
10-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Hey Foxy!
Thanks for the advice..i will for sure get in touch with Bev. Stay in touch, I know we will see each other sooner or later!
Christina

DanielleA
10-12-2010, 07:40 PM

I was there in the audience, you got a GIFT. Be humble and gracious.

DanielleA
10-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Andrea, you weren't in first callout, but wasn't class B first callout only four girls? Our first callout was several girls, then some got sent back and new ones were brought in. I was in the original group, and of the new people, I was placed dead center next to the girl who got fifth. Yvette White was never compared to ANY OF US. Not the other top four girls or ANY girls in ANY version of the first callout.
But really the proof is in the pudding. You look at those pictures and you tell me I got first callout, but THAT girl knocked me out.

Robyn, you looked great. Very cute stage presence as well. Don't let this get you down. We've all been victims of questionable callouts/placings. As much as it sucks, it happens. Especially when the class is really large. I hope you heard my cheer for you at the night show. :)

ATilly
10-12-2010, 10:07 PM

Late to this party but DAMN GIRL you look phenomenal, congrats and more importantly, kick some booty at Nationals this weekend. :respect:

dianagraham
10-13-2010, 12:27 AM
Late to this party but DAMN GIRL you look phenomenal, congrats and more importantly, kick some booty at Nationals this weekend. :respect:

Thank you SO much and I'm SO excited and ready

Siouxcountry
10-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Robynn Europe in fact did place 4th. Numbers were mixed up.

Rare event / Placing correction at NPC Eastern USA........

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=14038

fitnessbyzara
10-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Did you notice that all the top finishers in this show have a very "Sonia Gonzales-like" look to their physiques??
Just find it interesting that now that we've seen the Olympia choice and we're getting back to local shows that the look is favoring more muscular physiques... personally, I'm all for it! I just wanted to point that out real quick!

Shawna - Yes I noticed this too and love the look! Coming from a figure background, I appreciate the athleticism and beauty in ex figure competitors have when they make the switch, as I did.

It will really start to separate the victoria secret bikini models which we see at shows, from the competitors who have a background and lifestyle of an athlete/competitor .

I'm all for it!