PDA

View Full Version : GO Fitness Ladies

bayerngirl
09-04-2010, 11:40 AM
No matter what TEAM you are on who trains you... Fitness is an Individual Sport.. But, Those who ACTUALLY compete in the SPORT of FITNESS understand the dedication, training , diet, and regimen..... it takes to be just a competitor...
Here's to you Fitness Ladies..., Good Luck..:bowdown:

ranger
09-04-2010, 11:59 AM
No matter what TEAM you are on who trains you... Fitness is an Individual Sport.. But, Those who ACTUALLY compete in the SPORT of FITNESS understand the dedication, training , diet, and regimen..... it takes to be just a competitor...
Here's to you Fitness Ladies..., Good Luck..:bowdown:

Great comment!!! Fitness may be an individual sport, but any fitness competitor that has done a national show will tell you it's like one big fitness family back stage. We generally have our own "fitness" corner to hang out and everyone is very supportive of each other.

FitFighter
09-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Agree!!!:awesome:

Dryvrgrl
09-04-2010, 09:45 PM
In my city we have a thriving fitness "community"... there are a few former competitors, and current competitors and future competitors who all practice together in a rented gymnastics space once or twice a week! We help each other out with everything from routines, to suit exchange, to combinations and gymnastics moves! Carrie carrier is a former National level gymnast and coach who runs the whole thing, and Janie Kieth (ibbf pro, mabba board member and CBBF judge) pops by to critique us once in a while... we pose together, train together and cry together! lol... it's awesome because it also pushes each of us to excel!

this year at Canadian Nationals... Manitoba sent 6 fitness girls... of the 6, 4 are "fit chicks" (second place fitness tall.. second place fitness short, third place fitness short and MOI, 6th place fitness short)

we have had 10 competitors compete at Novice level, and over 14 compete at provincials!

its an awesome program... if anyone is interested, mail me for more info

alissa
09-05-2010, 01:43 AM
Yes, I love my fitness girlies! :yourock:

Shelly Howard
09-05-2010, 07:13 AM
In my city we have a thriving fitness "community"... there are a few former competitors, and current competitors and future competitors who all practice together in a rented gymnastics space once or twice a week! We help each other out with everything from routines, to suit exchange, to combinations and gymnastics moves! Carrie carrier is a former National level gymnast and coach who runs the whole thing, and Janie Kieth (ibbf pro, mabba board member and CBBF judge) pops by to critique us once in a while... we pose together, train together and cry together! lol... it's awesome because it also pushes each of us to excel!

this year at Canadian Nationals... Manitoba sent 6 fitness girls... of the 6, 4 are "fit chicks" (second place fitness tall.. second place fitness short, third place fitness short and MOI, 6th place fitness short)

we have had 10 competitors compete at Novice level, and over 14 compete at provincials!

its an awesome program... if anyone is interested, mail me for more info

Awesome. Wish I had someone in Japan to help me. I really loved the fitness crowd, had a great time at this show :)

alissa
09-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Awesome. Wish I had someone in Japan to help me. I really loved the fitness crowd, had a great time at this show :)

You might find some people that do sportaerobics (now called aerobic gymnastics, I think) over there. My first choreographer coached a lot of competitors there.

Focus
09-05-2010, 08:51 PM
The North Americans was an amazing venue for the fitness competitors. The stage was fabulous, the sound system rocked and the staff/ volunteers were incredible. I truly had a blast! I am certainly hooked, and can't wait to experience another venue.

Congratulations to Sherry, she definately deserved the overall! A truly amazing athlete. :respect: