PDA

View Full Version : The Big Day!

jewelofnile69
09-29-2010, 01:14 AM
Hi Everyone!

Saturday is the big day! After 15 months of planning, my wedding is finally here!! So, that's why I haven't been on here much lately...just SO busy!! So, I'll definitely post more next week along with some pictures.

Thanks for all the well wishes from so many of you!

Cheers!
Julia

tkokayde
09-29-2010, 01:39 AM
Awe, have a blast! I'm so excited for you! The best piece of advice I got about my wedding day was to make sure that you and your new hubby take 5 minutes to yourselves to just step back and take it all in. Your wedding day can be pretty overwhelming and jam-packed, and you tend to get swept in doing all the pictures and toasts and dances and whatnot. Just take a few minutes to remember what the day is about and to really ENJOY the experience together!

xoxo

ShawnCarla
09-29-2010, 01:39 AM
Hi Everyone!

Saturday is the big day! After 15 months of planning, my wedding is finally here!! So, that's why I haven't been on here much lately...just SO busy!! So, I'll definitely post more next week along with some pictures.

Cheers!
Julia

YAY! Good luck, have fun, and I can't wait to see the photos!!!

Michelle Beck
09-29-2010, 01:43 AM
Congrats! :D Have a great time and I can't wait to see pics!

Scarl3tbutt3rfly
09-29-2010, 01:45 AM
Very exciting, Julia!! Enjoy your special day!!! :D

Siouxcountry
09-29-2010, 02:04 AM
Hi Everyone!

Cheers!
Julia

It will be an incredible day for you both! :hug:

KP DIVA
09-29-2010, 03:00 AM
Congrats Julia!!

Shelly
09-29-2010, 03:09 AM
yayyy congrats mama!!!

FitBody Lynn
09-29-2010, 04:36 AM
Congratulations, Julia! The day goes by so fast. Just have fun! My husband is a DJ and we see so many people fuss about making sure everything is perfect that they don't even have fun like they should. If i can give any advice, it's just enjoy. If something isn't perfect, who cares! Just laugh and cherish every hour of that day and the beginning of your lives together.

Congratulations, again. Wishing you the best!!!!!!!

LizS
09-29-2010, 04:37 AM
Congrats on your marriage! I hope your wedding is as fun as mine and my hubby's! I agree w/ Katie- take time, just the two of you to really see the love and happiness around u!

Suzanne
09-29-2010, 04:49 AM
Congrats and enjoy your day!

tasha5951
09-29-2010, 02:38 PM
So excited for you! Have fun! The best advice I got is, no matter how much you *think* you'll have time to sit down an enjoy the food that you meticulously choose, you won't, and if you do, you'll be too nervous/excited to enjoy it. So ask your server to make you a doggie bag. Seriously!!! When Derrick and I got to the hotel it was after midnight and we realized how much we were starving but thankfully we had doggie bags made...Cranberry Glazed Cornish Hen never tasted so good! :D

Gymgrrl
09-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Congrats!!!!
Enjoy your day :D

jewelofnile69
09-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Awe, have a blast! I'm so excited for you! The best piece of advice I got about my wedding day was to make sure that you and your new hubby take 5 minutes to yourselves to just step back and take it all in. Your wedding day can be pretty overwhelming and jam-packed, and you tend to get swept in doing all the pictures and toasts and dances and whatnot. Just take a few minutes to remember what the day is about and to really ENJOY the experience together!

xoxo

Hi Kayde! Great advice. I will tell Jon that tonight so hopefully we'll remind eachother!!

YAY! Good luck, have fun, and I can't wait to see the photos!!!

Thanks, Shawn! How is your planning coming?

Congrats! :D Have a great time and I can't wait to see pics!

Thanks so much, Michelle!!

Very exciting, Julia!! Enjoy your special day!!! :D

Hi Ila! Thank you!

It will be an incredible day for you both! :hug:

Hi Sioux! Thanks...weather looks like it's going to hold out, too!!

Congrats Julia!!

Hey KP! Thank you! Hope all is well1

yayyy congrats mama!!!

Hey Miss Shelly! How are you?! Thanks sweets!!

Congratulations, Julia! The day goes by so fast. Just have fun! My husband is a DJ and we see so many people fuss about making sure everything is perfect that they don't even have fun like they should. If i can give any advice, it's just enjoy. If something isn't perfect, who cares! Just laugh and cherish every hour of that day and the beginning of your lives together.

Congratulations, again. Wishing you the best!!!!!!!

Hi Terra! More good advice. I'm a control freak so just need to relax come Saturday morning!!

Congrats on your marriage! I hope your wedding is as fun as mine and my hubby's! I agree w/ Katie- take time, just the two of you to really see the love and happiness around u!

Hey Liz! Thanks so much...have a great day!

Congrats and enjoy your day!

Hi Suzanne! Thank you! Looking good in your avi!!

So excited for you! Have fun! The best advice I got is, no matter how much you *think* you'll have time to sit down an enjoy the food that you meticulously choose, you won't, and if you do, you'll be too nervous/excited to enjoy it. So ask your server to make you a doggie bag. Seriously!!! When Derrick and I got to the hotel it was after midnight and we realized how much we were starving but thankfully we had doggie bags made...Cranberry Glazed Cornish Hen never tasted so good! :D

Hi Tasha! How are you doing?! More good advice. We are also having late-night appetizers brought out around 9:30/45. So I'm hoping that by that point I'll make it a point to eat. LOL!

Congrats!!!!
Enjoy your day :D

Hi Sarah! Thank you!!

OK, this will probably be my last time on the computer until Monday!

Thanks!!

ATilly
10-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Enjoy Julia!!! Can't wait to see your gorgeous pics!!!!!

TickledPink
10-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Good luck!!!

natalieminh
10-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Wow!! That's great! Congratulations Julia!! :)

divaleh
10-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

teri
10-02-2010, 12:37 AM
CONGRATS ANGEL :awesome::blowkiss::woohoo::SC SBT:

Shelly
10-02-2010, 04:45 AM
congrats girl! sooo happy for you!!!!

Siouxcountry
10-04-2010, 04:29 PM
How was the big day, Julia? :)

Laura K
10-04-2010, 10:56 PM
How was the big day, Julia? :)

x2!!! Congrats sweet:heart: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jewelofnile69
10-08-2010, 01:02 AM
Hi Everyone!

Wow! My weekend was seriously out of a fairy tale!!! My entire wedding weekend couldn't have been more perfect from putting the wedding cake together with my mom, the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, getting my hair and make-up done with the girls, the ceremony and reception, to the gift opening. It was seriously wonderful and everything I could have dreamed of and more!! My mom and I did everything ourselves: from the invitations, menus and programs, to the wedding cake, flowers, and alter cloths. Seriously, everything! (Well, my brother did the groom's cake - fish.) If anything went wrong on Saturday, I didn't know it because it was fixed before I could find out. LOL!! Best of all, at the end of the day, I was married to the man of my dreams. I'm now Mrs. Jon Pearson!

Below are some pictures. We don't have any of the professional ones yet. Our photographers took a ton (good friends). They were there for EVERYTHING. They came to the rental home my mom had up at the resort on Friday at 2 and took pictures of all the 'details' and didn't leave until after the gift opening. So we'll have more than enough pictures to share. But below are just some of the good moments. Too see more, you can visit my Facebook page where there are like 3 albums created already of candids. LOL!

jewelofnile69
10-08-2010, 01:03 AM
and some more...

Siouxcountry
10-08-2010, 01:11 AM
What a beautiful bride! :waving:

jewelofnile69
10-08-2010, 01:34 AM
What a beautiful bride! :waving:

Stop it...you're making me blush. But thank you, Sioux!!

TickledPink
10-08-2010, 01:55 PM
You looked stunning!!! Did you have 2 different dresses? good idea... mine was so heavy by the end I wanted to die.

vicki8seekers
10-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Congrats Sister!

Best wedding EVER!
:awesome:

Scarl3tbutt3rfly
10-08-2010, 02:58 PM
You look gorgeous!! Congratulations :D

jewelofnile69
10-08-2010, 03:24 PM
You looked stunning!!! Did you have 2 different dresses? good idea... mine was so heavy by the end I wanted to die.

Hey Erin! THanks. Yes, I had 2 dresses. The 2nd was an Alfred Angelo knock-off I ordered on the web. It looked exactly the same and I was happy. I absolutely LOVED my main dress...but you are right...heavy! So it was good to have the 2nd one. I changed into it after all the formal stuff was done (dinner, cake cutting and formal dances).

Thanks!

jewelofnile69
10-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Congrats Sister!

Best wedding EVER!
:awesome:

You helped make it that way! I love you!

You look gorgeous!! Congratulations :D

Thanks, Ila! It was awesome!

FitBody Lynn
10-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Julia, Congrats! I'm so happy for you and I'm so glad you posted some pics. First off, love the "real" wedding dress - gorgeous with all of that lacing up on the back. That picture from the father/daughter dance shows off from the side your up-do. You really do look amazing.

I wish you both a lifetime of happiness! :kiss:

NYCStrongFox
10-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Congratulations Julia aka Mrs. Jon Pearson! You were a beautiful bride. Thank you for sharing the pics.

Where are you going for the honeymoon?

Shelly
10-10-2010, 11:13 PM
awww jules u looked absolutely beauitful! congrats again!!!! :D:D

Betsy
10-11-2010, 12:01 AM
you looked beautiful hunny! CONGRATS!!

Laura K
10-11-2010, 12:04 AM
I feel all warm and mushy and ready to shed a tear :) I love those pictures! You look so happy and beautiful! CONGRATS again!! :hug3:

TFenske
10-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Congrats! Gorgeous!

teri
10-11-2010, 11:36 AM
CHEERS ANGEL :vacation: Best Wishes and a lifelong of Happiness :blowkiss: U look Amazing :kiss:

vicki8seekers
10-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Hey sissy!

k_fitness09
10-12-2010, 01:17 AM
YOU LOOK B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!! Congrats!!!:D

DANISH DYNAMITE
10-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Congrats Julia!! You look fabulous! What a great wedding! :)

I wish you all the best for your future together.:)

jewelofnile69
10-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Julia, Congrats! I'm so happy for you and I'm so glad you posted some pics. First off, love the "real" wedding dress - gorgeous with all of that lacing up on the back. That picture from the father/daughter dance shows off from the side your up-do. You really do look amazing.

I wish you both a lifetime of happiness! :kiss:

Hi Terra! Thank you so very much. I want to wear my dress aroudn the house. LOL!!

Congratulations Julia aka Mrs. Jon Pearson! You were a beautiful bride. Thank you for sharing the pics.

Where are you going for the honeymoon?

Thank you!!!

awww jules u looked absolutely beauitful! congrats again!!!! :D:D

Hey Shells! Thanks, babe!

you looked beautiful hunny! CONGRATS!!

Hi Miss Betsy! THank you very much!

I feel all warm and mushy and ready to shed a tear :) I love those pictures! You look so happy and beautiful! CONGRATS again!! :hug3:

Thanks...I did a ton of tear shedding...but all happy ones!

Congrats! Gorgeous!

LOL! Thank you!!

CHEERS ANGEL :vacation: Best Wishes and a lifelong of Happiness :blowkiss: U look Amazing :kiss:

Thanks Teri! Kisses right back at you!

Hey sissy!

Hi little sissy!

YOU LOOK B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!! Congrats!!!:D

Hey Kenzie! T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U!!! LOL!

Congrats Julia!! You look fabulous! What a great wedding! :)

I wish you all the best for your future together.:)

Hey sweets! Thank you so much!

------

THe best part is I ended up getting a huge promotion the Friday after the wedding. I start that new position on the 25th. Best week ever!!

Scarl3tbutt3rfly
10-12-2010, 10:04 PM
THe best part is I ended up getting a huge promotion the Friday after the wedding. I start that new position on the 25th. Best week ever!!

That is awesome! Double congrats!!

ATilly
10-12-2010, 10:09 PM
You look stunning... and how cool is that wedding gift. Congrats on the promotion, well deserved I am sure!!!!:awesome:

jewelofnile69
10-13-2010, 12:00 PM
That is awesome! Double congrats!!

Thanks! Very happy!

You look stunning... and how cool is that wedding gift. Congrats on the promotion, well deserved I am sure!!!!:awesome:

Hey mommy! How are you doing? Thank you!!

ShawnCarla
10-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Not only do you look beautiful, but you look HAPPY! You look like you really enjoyed your day which is important! Congrats!!!