PDA

View Full Version : Breast Cancer Month!

Dryvrgrl
10-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Hey Ladies! So.. it's Breast Cancer Month.. and I just wanted to share a few things with y'all!!

First off... CHECK EM GIRLS!!! Regular breast health is important! self exam, yearly check ups and mamograms (if you are "of the age") are important! DO IT!!!

Second... yesterday we had the 5km breast cancer run for the cure! My doggie and i ran 5 km in just over 20 mins! Gabee was the Lead Dog in the race! lol...

Third... I'd like to share a fundraiser Leigh Mollison created for breast Cancer fundraiser and awareness!
PUMP YOUR CHEST FOR BREAST CANCER!

Project Echo, the Manitoba Moose Hockey Club, Power 97, Elite Performance Centers and Leigh Mollison, nationally ranked bodybuilder and former Ms. Manitoba, have teamed up to bring Breast Cancer awareness to MTS Centre on Friday, October 22, 2010.

The Moose, who have dedicated October to Breast Cancer Awareness, will host Pump Your Chest for Breast Cancer from 12noon-6pm in the MTS Centre south concourse at the Encore Music Game Night Stage (beside Tim Hortons). This is the first ever charity bench press contest in Manitoba in support of Breast Cancer. Challenge your friends, co workers, cross town rivals or just yourself and see how much you can lift! There will be prizes for the winners of each menís and womenís event.

A minimum donation of ten-dollars is required to participate in Pump Your Chest for Breast Cancer. All proceeds will be donated to Keeping Abreast, a local charity that fundraises for research, state-of-the-art medical equipment and education about breast cancer and the benefit of reconstructive surgery. Volunteers from Keeping Abreast will be on hand to provide tax receipts.

That evening the Manitoba Moose will host Ladiesí Night as they face the Hamilton Bulldogs at 7:30pm to cap off a month dedicated to raising Breast Cancer Awareness. For the game, fans in attendance are encouraged to wear pink to show their support. There will be in-game auctions and limited edition Manitoba Moose Pink merchandise on sale with all proceeds also going toward Keeping Abreast.

I think it's a very cool idea... and just one small thing our fitness community can do!! Eating healthy, lifting weights, getting cardio in! .. it's all good, but Cancer strikes even those of us who di "everything right"!!

Im setting up a paypal account... and planning on lifting 6000 lbs in ONE SET for this competition! If anyone is interested in sponsoring me.. let me know! all money raised goes towards breast reconstruction surgery for breast cancer survivors!