PDA

View Full Version : Umbilical hernia surgery tomorrow

Jozeycat
10-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Tomorrow I'm having surgery for a small tear in my abdominal wall. It's nothing serious, no intestines push out. I'm a bit nervous since I'm having the surgery at the same hospital that I work.
I have to take six weeks off from lifting. Although my body is due for a break, I'm going to go crazy being away from the gym. Well, I'll let you know how it goes.

powergirl
10-10-2010, 11:52 PM
from what I know about the procedure, it's better you do it now than wait til the hernia becomes bigger and more difficult to heal or fix with other issues! i have a few clients and friends who have significant hernias, either from pregnancy, training or combo and it is big deal now for them to get fixed....so enjoy the rest and think of all the 'positive's...

TickledPink
10-11-2010, 12:09 AM
I have a small one from pregnancy that I would like to get fixed.

Good luck!!

Jozeycat
10-11-2010, 12:32 AM
from what I know about the procedure, it's better you do it now than wait til the hernia becomes bigger and more difficult to heal or fix with other issues! i have a few clients and friends who have significant hernias, either from pregnancy, training or combo and it is big deal now for them to get fixed....so enjoy the rest and think of all the 'positive's...

This is what my dr. said too. It seemed to make sense to me. I just finished my last competition of the year and planned to take a little time off. 6 weeks is a bit more than I would like but it will be good family time.
Seems as though me hernia was from pregnancy, workout seems to irritate it.

Shelly
10-11-2010, 01:51 AM
wow girl good luck ill be thinking of you.

and a break from the gym doesnt hurt. rest and get better.

IslandGirl
10-11-2010, 05:28 AM
Sending you good thoughts for your surgery. It's good that you are getting this taken care of now. Let us know how everything goes!

Becca Staggs
10-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Yikes! Well, I hope the operation goes smoothly, and the recovery as well. You're right, a little break will do you good. Hugs!

Jozeycat
10-12-2010, 02:16 AM
Surgery went well. I feel sore but not too bad. I haven't had to take my pain meds yet. Mostly, I've been sleeping a lot.
I'll let you know more in the days to come.