PDA

View Full Version : Can Nicole beat Erin?

Siouxcountry
01-31-2011, 02:14 PM
2010 Figure International champ Nicole Wilkins plans to defend her title in 5 weeks.

She lost the Olympia title to Erin Stern in 2010. Erin placed 2nd to Nicole at the 2010 Figure International. Will Erin be like Iris & Adela and dominate both shows now?

Nicole's strength is symmetry, her weakness is conditioning. Maybe all it takes for Nicole to once again be on top is the right condition?

Pics from the 2010 Figure International..............

Becca Staggs
01-31-2011, 02:17 PM
I cannot wait to see what they look like. I'm rooting for my fellow MI girl, Nicole - but I wouldn't be surprised if we have a sleeper in the pack too and someone besides the two of them takes home a top spot. You never know! GO NICOLE!! :cheerleader:

Scarl3tbutt3rfly
01-31-2011, 02:25 PM
I cannot wait to see what they look like. I'm rooting for my fellow MI girl, Nicole - but I wouldn't be surprised if we have a sleeper in the pack too and someone besides the two of them takes home a top spot. You never know! GO NICOLE!! :cheerleader:

Jennifer Gates!! :awesome:

I agree it depends on what they look like, so hard to decide without seeing them, and also what is judged this year…(lol just saying..;) )

Also another one I think to look out for is someone like Courtney West….

Siouxcountry
01-31-2011, 02:30 PM

This has to be one of the most exciting Figure Internationals in along time. Traditionally though, the winner of the Olympia goes on to win the International. Erin always comes in the way she believes the judges want her to look. IMO she has both awesome symmetry & conditioning. Very tough to beat. I would not be surprised if she dominates figure for a few years now.

I'm looking forward to all the women bringing there A game and battling for that top 6! :awesome:

cray17
01-31-2011, 02:32 PM
I agree with Scarl3tbutt3rfly, if anyone will be a sleeper pick (if you even want to call it that), I'm going with Jennifer Gates, Courtney West, or possibly Ava Cowan.

But to answer the original question, I think is Nicole CAN beat Erin. She's done it before.

kaytikat
01-31-2011, 02:37 PM

I agree it depends on what they look like, so hard to decide without seeing them, and also what is judged this year…(lol just saying..;) )

:awesome:

Siouxcountry
01-31-2011, 02:38 PM

Indeed Jennifer could change things up. :)

She last competed at the Figure International in 2008, and placed 2nd to Gina Aliotti.

She went onto beat Gina at the Olympia that same year. Just as Erin two years later went onto beat Nicole.

TFenske
01-31-2011, 04:33 PM
It's going to be a great lineup! :popcorn: I am pleading the 5th and making no predictions. :)

JasonAdams
01-31-2011, 04:49 PM
This has to be one of the most exciting Figure Internationals in along time. Traditionally though, the winner of the Olympia goes on to win the International. Erin always comes in the way she believes the judges want her to look. IMO she has both awesome symmetry & conditioning. Very tough to beat. I would not be surprised if she dominates figure for a few years now.

I'm looking forward to all the women bringing there A game and battling for that top 6! :awesome:

I agree. I think Erin is going to be winning for awhile. Just dont Know that Nicole will be her closest challenge this year. As stated by a couple already, I think their could be someone else to step up andget into that 2nd spot

Renee1
01-31-2011, 06:10 PM
Both ladies look great, but it could also be one of the other fine top competitors to take the prize. Also, it really depends on what the judges are looking for that day. I absolutely love Nicoles look & cannot discount any of her achievements, but I do think Erin Sterns conditioning is noticeably better. If the judges really scutinize conditioning / leaness, I think the judges will favor Erin.

Dean
01-31-2011, 06:19 PM
I'll go with Nicole just because she's so :lovable: ...how about Candice Keene for a sleeper pick?

jewelisa
01-31-2011, 06:56 PM
I like Nicole !

Maeg13
01-31-2011, 11:21 PM

X 2 JENNIFER GATES!!! I would love to see her comeback. Personally physique (& Gina's too) are what I believe to be "figure" but who knows....What an exciting Figure International competition !!! Im so excited to see this unfold.

ambydawn
02-01-2011, 01:22 AM
Any of the names mentioned could easily win. Nicole varies more than the others as far as what she brings, but she has some of the best "lines" on stage. I liked the additional size to brought to the Olympia, but hope she can get a little leaner to show it off for the Arnold. Erin, of course, always looks fantastic, but I'm excited to see what Jenn Gates brings!

Siouxcountry
02-02-2011, 03:33 PM
An update on Nicole:

http://www.hardbody.com/news/2011/02/02/nicole-wilkins-figure-international-title-defense/

fitfox17
02-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Coincidentally, Nicole and Erin have the same birthday--today! Meanwhile, I can't wait to see what those two bring to the stage....along with Ava and Jenn Gates who are also a couple of my favs~:popcorn:

IRONBULL
02-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Neither Nicole or Erin will win the 2011 Figure International :nuts:

AnneP
02-06-2011, 01:45 PM
I predict...

1. Erin
2. Jen
3. Nicole
4. Rose Romero
5. Felicia Romero
6. Larissa Reis

madisond_smith
02-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Hmm. I don't think Nicole will win this one, BUT Erin may not either. I would put them both in top 6, Erin before Nicole. Im very excited for this Figure International tho! Glad I got my tickets back in December :)

jewelofnile69
02-10-2011, 04:11 PM
I don't necessarily think Nicole's 'weakness' is lack of conditioning. I think she purposely brings that package. But regardless, I like Erin for the win.

chicky9914
02-10-2011, 06:33 PM
She's a beautiful girl, but I don't believe I've ever seen her truly conditioned.

SDUQUE
02-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Both ladies bring the entire package to stage but even if they are at best, I believe we all know it's 'what judges are looking for" which you never know. I have seen some winners that in reality you ask "really?".
I'd still like to see Gina come top 3! I think she always brought in the entire package. :D

Siouxcountry
02-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Both ladies bring the entire package to stage but even if they are at best, I believe we all know it's 'what judges are looking for" which you never know. I have seen some winners that in reality you ask "really?".
I'd still like to see Gina come top 3! I think she always brought in the entire package. :D

Gina isn't competing this year. Maybe someday she'll make a comeback. :)

alohaizzie
02-15-2011, 07:01 PM
I would have to give Erin the win...she looked incredible at the O! She nailed her conditioning and her posing really stood out to me as much improved. She was relaxed and poised...all the little details came into play and she derserved that win. From one Tampa girl to another-GO ERIN!! :cheerleader:

IRONBULL
03-06-2011, 11:10 AM
HA-HA-HA....

Yes, and Nicole will win 17.39%
No, and Erin will win 61.96%

My #1 ERIN STERN

http://s53.radikal.ru/i140/1103/b9/c89cf42e905e.jpg

http://s57.radikal.ru/i158/1103/b3/7f5d91814bbf.jpg

http://s53.radikal.ru/i139/1103/f2/67217e10e12d.jpg

Dean
03-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Could they be any closer? I think they got it right though. Nicole deserved it. :trophy:

TickledPink
03-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Wow, they were close!! I think this is the best Nicole has looked.

dallas3
03-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Can't wait to see them both back on stage at the O.

chondrobob
03-17-2011, 08:03 PM
They both look one step away from the Bikini division..