PDA

View Full Version : worst halftime show ever.

kaytikat
02-07-2011, 12:25 AM
usher and slash were amazing as always, but the BEP were just awful! I'm a sad panda...

vanessamays
02-07-2011, 12:28 AM
I generally like the Black Eyed Pea's music, but they sound horrible live. And when Fergie was singing Sweet Child of Mine.....:puke:

Becca Staggs
02-07-2011, 12:30 AM
I thought it was ok. BEP is one of my fav groups but I generally never like the live versions of songs compared to the radio ones.

Did anyone else thing Fergie was lookin a lil thick? The general perception at our Super bowl party is that she must be preggers.

:popcorn:

AshleyMina
02-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Omg! All the singing was terrible except the glee chick (and usher but he just danced and made noise). Christina Aguilera duged up the star-spangled banner...c'mon now. Disappointing!!!

Siouxcountry
02-07-2011, 12:41 AM
I like all the glowing peeps! :D

b7nWi9zWHHk

ambydawn
02-07-2011, 12:41 AM
Well I don't feel bad about switching on the puppy bowl then! ;)

Powerlinefit
02-07-2011, 01:43 PM
NOTHING will ever beat the Prince halftime performance! :bowdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfNeoKv8qzk

And it was raining!

Siouxcountry
02-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Black Eyed Peas underwhelm at halftime.....

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41452174/ns/today-entertainment/

White Knight
02-07-2011, 02:07 PM
The show was aweful

scottnva
02-07-2011, 02:27 PM
I 2ND this!

NOTHING will ever beat the Prince halftime performance! :bowdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfNeoKv8qzk

And it was raining!

ShawnCarla
02-07-2011, 03:17 PM
I went into this on my Facebook status a bit... I saw BEP last year live and they are an amazing group to watch live. The issue here was that whomever was mixing them for the TV audience did not do their job. They made the group, and all the cameos, sound like crap. The general consensus is that BEP sounded great to all those in the live audience.
This makes sense as BEP would play to the live crowd, not the TV audience when adjusting vocals and energy levels. Those of us in TV land got the raw end of the deal. Don't count BEP out... they are a great group live!

ShawnCarla
02-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Oh and I agree... married life agrees with Fergie. She's is much thicker now then she was when I saw them last year... I don't think that's a bad thing. I think she looks good thicker.

jewelofnile69
02-07-2011, 04:02 PM
I went into this on my Facebook status a bit... I saw BEP last year live and they are an amazing group to watch live. The issue here was that whomever was mixing them for the TV audience did not do their job. They made the group, and all the cameos, sound like crap. The general consensus is that BEP sounded great to all those in the live audience.
This makes sense as BEP would play to the live crowd, not the TV audience when adjusting vocals and energy levels. Those of us in TV land got the raw end of the deal. Don't count BEP out... they are a great group live!

I agree Shawn. I actually liked their performance (lights, stuff like that, the mix of songs and costumes) but they just didn't sound right for this one.

KP DIVA
02-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Although I like Fergie, I thought they sounded absolutely horrible as a group....made me think they are studio singers and can't hold their own live. W/ the exception of one or two songs, their lyrics never make much sense to me, but I do enjoy doing cardio off their songs...nice tempo.

AshleyMina
02-07-2011, 04:16 PM

Did you notice how her mic wasn't on at first then her levels seemed to be off (and vocals) until after the where is the love song. All of a sudden she could sing. Think either she was trying go too rockish OR the mic levels were effed up. I was disappointed bc I really like them but seemed like it took half the show for them to come around.

dallas3
02-07-2011, 04:40 PM
The sound guy for that performance should get a tongue lashing. No excuse for poor sound. I thought BEP would be ok for halftime but that was flat. Not worth the money they charge for shows.

phatbaby
02-07-2011, 05:26 PM
I was not very impressed AT ALL with the halftime show. Isn't that why they have sound checks? :nuts: So they don't make mistakes like that with the mics? It was pretty bad watching from home. I have heard BEP are GREAT in concert...won't count them out :)

AnaC.
02-07-2011, 06:39 PM

I agree with you 100%! I love BEP live... I would see them again.

DawnMag
02-07-2011, 07:32 PM
I was disappointed, too. Except Slash. He totally rocks.... and agree whole heartedly with the Prince comments!. Glad to hear that BEP are great in person because I was way bummed. Fergie sounded terrible. Well - the upside is you won't read an article on how bad her lip syncing was!:rofl: her mic was all kinds of messed up.

TickledPink
02-07-2011, 10:25 PM
I totally called it!!! BEP played for the halftime show in the Grey Cup (canada's football) about 6 years ago and they were just HORRIBLE. Fergie made me want to throw my TV and then slit my wrists with the broken shards. They are the worst live...