PDA

View Full Version : Arnold amature...a question on judging

atrain
02-22-2008, 04:00 AM
In 2007 the judging criteria for NPC figure was for a less muscular turn. Now in Europe the more muscular girls are placing well.

The judging panel for the Arnold is split with a handfull of European/American judges. Will the outcome be a more muscular look? :popcorn:

HDPhysiques-Joe
02-22-2008, 04:18 AM
Whoa - "atrain"? - I thought that nickname was reserved for Natalie Ariel!

atrain
02-22-2008, 05:02 AM
I've been called that since grade school, I was big for my age and I got a kick from running people over on the playground. So I call firsts :ass:

HDPhysiques-Joe
02-22-2008, 07:20 AM
You'll have to armwrestle her for it. LOL :D

FigureRX
02-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Let's hope so, but it's likely to be a mix of different types of physiques at the top. We always say that excellence can come in more or less muscular packages, it just depends on the overall presentation, symmetry, beauty, etc. Sonia Adcock has less muscle but she appears bigger because of her genetics and overall shape, and she has the "it" factor to contend for the title. But we're picking Gina for the win and she carries more muscle, but wears it very well.

Watch Juliana for your answer, the knock on her has not necessarily been too much muscle but her balance, with her legs overwhelming her upper body. If she comes in balanced (which she is apparently going to do) she'll still have the muscle to test the judges.

In 2007 the judging criteria for NPC figure was for a less muscular turn. Now in Europe the more muscular girls are placing well.

The judging panel for the Arnold is split with a handfull of European/American judges. Will the outcome be a more muscular look? :popcorn:

cray17
02-22-2008, 02:26 PM
The outcome will be...interesting, to say the least, in both amatear and pro. I'll make my full predictions later, but I'm gonna go against the grain here, and put Jenn Gates down as the winner. Why? She's seemed to find her balance. I've talked with her for a few weeks now and is well aware of everyone picking Gina as the winner. All she is worried about is being at HER best. And who knows? Her best could be enough next Friday.

If you need an example of why guarantees are not a good thing, I've got three words for ya: New England Patoriots. Nuff said. ;) This is not a hate on Gina (as she's a great competitor and scary good for her age). I'm just stating facts, that's all.

It will be interesting to see what the judges award at the Arnold, regardless.

FigureRX
02-22-2008, 02:42 PM
I haven't heard anybody make a guarantee for Gina, she's our pick, but the Patriots sure were good at *pretending* that the opponent made one (that linebacker on the Steelers really never said anything like that). The Pats used it as a silly locker room tactic so it was good that it ultimately backfired.

We have our big interview with Amanda tonight, then we can release the IFBB figure preview over the weekend.

If you need an example of why guarantees are not a good thing, I've got three words for ya: New England Patoriots. Nuff said. ;) This is not a hate on Gina (as she's a great competitor and scary good for her age). I'm just stating facts, that's all.

cray17
02-22-2008, 04:11 PM
This wasn't aimed directly aiming at you. You made a pick, as I did. And it would be very cool to see Gina or Jenn take it. There are others that are making guarantees out there in the betting universe. I have nothing but :respect: for you at FigureRx, you know that. ;)

FigureRX
02-22-2008, 04:30 PM
I know, who is out there making guarantees? I would be curious to take a look myself ... are they in the internet universe?

cray17
02-22-2008, 04:46 PM
I used the term "betting universe" a little too loosely there. I mean, there's no money in it. The reason I said the way I said it is because there are those people out there who are so sure that the person is gonna win, and all I think of in the back of my mind is "Have you went to the future and saw the results?" I'm one of those people who will wait and see if they live up to the hype.

I will say this, if they are not in the top six, and it's clear that they should be in the top six (I'll be bolder than that...top three), the judges are blind.

Like I said earlier, I'll have my own predictions soon. And I can't wait to see what you say about the pro figure line-up. Your other Arnold Classic predictions have been awesome to read, and it will be pretty neat to see how it all comes out next weekend. :cool:

KMS
02-22-2008, 06:33 PM
I will make a guarantee.....I guarantee that one of the girls will win. LOL

Seriously though...it's so close for some of them. I would hate to be judging it for sure unless someone just doesn't come in the way they have before.

It will definately be an interesting year. I love me some Gina and Sonia but I am cheering hard for my hometown girl Jenn. Sweet as apple pie....you can't get much better in the all american girl. Small town, mother of two, nurse....the list goes on...she certainly hits the respectable mark.

:respect::kiss: