Is she even a certified trainer?

foxieroxie007
05-26-2011, 11:49 PM

My sentiments exactly.... :rolleyes:

I can't with this show...

TickledPink
05-27-2011, 12:13 AM
I saw that too & thought it was weird. She's only popular because she's hot. If they wanted a tennis player, they should have went for Serena or Venus. They have way more athletic appeal than Anna.

foxieroxie007
05-27-2011, 12:18 AM
True but even still with them... How about having someone who's actually worked with the experience of training medically obese clients who have a ton of issues when it comes to training. But then again that's not what the show is all about. Plus the ratings are likely dying, especially with crazy Jillian gone, soooooo... Spicing it up a bit at the cost of the participants health. Typical studio exec thinking lol. :rofl:

TickledPink
05-27-2011, 12:35 AM
I had no idea Jillian was gone. My husband is going to be heartbroken!! lol

FemFlex
05-27-2011, 06:50 PM
I had no idea Jillian was gone. My husband is going to be heartbroken!! lol

I don't watch the show, but I checked it out a few times years ago. But I wasn't ever a Jillian guy until I saw this video a couple years ago:

jFgPbEuWrYw

Siouxcountry
05-27-2011, 07:15 PM
I wonder how many of the contestants have kept the weight off after one year.

Tglenn
05-28-2011, 01:20 AM
This show makes my line of work EXTREMELY hard...They come to me saying I wanna lose 20lbs in a month:confused::confused::confused: REALLY??

Mufasa
05-28-2011, 02:50 AM
Definitely a "ratings play".

You've got to give it to Anna...throughout her career she's known how to "work what the Lord gave her...!"

Correct me if I've wrong...but it's been reported that during her playing days, she had the highest income of any tennis player on the circuit...and never won a tournament! :bowdown:

What can you say but:

"Hate the game, not the player...!"

Mufasa

Iron Butterfly
05-28-2011, 11:26 AM
I wonder how many of the contestants have kept the weight off after one year.

They do have a "where are they now" episode every season to show who has and who hasn't kept the weight off. Some have gained all the weight or most others it looked like 10-15lbs which was probably a healthier more maintainable weight for their bodies anyway.

IMO I can't see what Anna Kournikova can bring to the table as a replacement for Jillian. I've watched the show from the beginning and I am a huge fan. But I can't see myself tuning in for the whole season, maybe the first episode just out of curiosity. That being said, I find the contestants to be an inspiration to others in their same position. I'm even inspired by their hardwork. Goes to show you it's never too late to start living healthy. I just don't get how they never look like they are sore. Going from having never trained to extreme training you'd think @ the very least they'd show one person complaining of muscle soreness. They talk about how tough the workouts are but never of muscle soreness. Hinky, lol

janelleg
05-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Helena, who is the casting director for The Biggest Loser show called my gym a asking for me. I was so surprised! This is no joke!They said that someone gave them my name. They said they were casting for a female trainer because Jillian Michaels was leaving the show. I immediately accepted. I sent them my bio, pics, credentials and a video of me training my male client hardcore. I called and sent e-mails to them and they never got back to me. I think it is purely political. The show had to say they casted for trainers but in the back of their minds, they knew who they were going to pick. I think it is a bunch of bull! Even though Anna is a great athlete, how do we know if she has the knowledge and experience to work with these clients. It is all just to boost their ratings. I lost respect for the show and won't watch it.

Mufasa
05-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Question if this is true where you guys live...

The casting calls are HUGE! (No pun intended!)

When "BL" came to town, there were literally hundreds of people who showed up, with a fair number being morbidly obese.

It was certainly a "wake-up" call to me of the reality of America's growing obesity problem.

Also; much like the "Anna" thing...I think that they often will look for real "story" or two in the contestants to increase ratings. Roulon Gardner (the Olympic Gold Medalist who eventually quit the show) was a case in point.

Mufasa

Mufasa
05-28-2011, 01:38 PM
By the way, Janelle...I think I watched part of the first season, and that was it for me too...

I don't know if it's still the case...but the yelling/screaming/Drill Sargent/"Motivation by Humiliation" was a huge turn-off to me.

Yes...sometimes people need a "kick-in-butt"...but "hit-it-then-quit-it"...

(But that's just me!)

Mufasa

Siouxcountry
05-28-2011, 02:04 PM
They do have a "where are they now" episode every season to show who has and who hasn't kept the weight off. Some have gained all the weight or most others it looked like 10-15lbs which was probably a healthier more maintainable weight for their bodies anyway.

IMO I can't see what Anna Kournikova can bring to the table as a replacement for Jillian. I've watched the show from the beginning and I am a huge fan. But I can't see myself tuning in for the whole season, maybe the first episode just out of curiosity. That being said, I find the contestants to be an inspiration to others in their same position. I'm even inspired by their hardwork. Goes to show you it's never too late to start living healthy. I just don't get how they never look like they are sore. Going from having never trained to extreme training you'd think @ the very least they'd show one person complaining of muscle soreness. They talk about how tough the workouts are but never of muscle soreness. Hinky, lol

Thanks! Do they weight train? I'll probably tune into see the first episode, as I have not seen the show before.

Helena, who is the casting director for The Biggest Loser show called my gym a asking for me. I was so surprised! This is no joke!They said that someone gave them my name. They said they were casting for a female trainer because Jillian Michaels was leaving the show. I immediately accepted. I sent them my bio, pics, credentials and a video of me training my male client hardcore. I called and sent e-mails to them and they never got back to me. I think it is purely political. The show had to say they casted for trainers but in the back of their minds, they knew who they were going to pick. I think it is a bunch of bull! Even though Anna is a great athlete, how do we know if she has the knowledge and experience to work with these clients. It is all just to boost their ratings. I lost respect for the show and won't watch it.

That sucks, that would have been great to see you on there.

janelleg
05-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Mufasa- I agree. I don't yell and scream at my clients. If I did, I probably wouldn't have any clientele. The show gives people false hopes. I tell my clients all the time that it is unrealistic. The contestants train for 5 hours a day, have a trainer 24/7 and people all day long telling them what to eat.
Sioux-It would have been a great opportunity, but I am over it. I did lose respect for the show. It is purely political on how they want to boost their ratings. As so is all the shows on tv.

HDPhysiques-Joe
05-29-2011, 02:44 AM

Does she have a bicep vein? If so, she's qualified. ;)

HDPhysiques-Joe
05-29-2011, 02:46 AM
The show had to say they casted for trainers but in the back of their minds, they knew who they were going to pick. I think it is a bunch of bull!

Exactly. The exact same thing happened with the American Gladiators so-called "tryouts" in Vegas during the 2007 Olympia Weekend... nothing but a farce. It was all pre-determined.

Iron Butterfly
05-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Thanks! Do they weight train? I'll probably tune into see the first episode, as I have not seen the show before.

In past shows with Jillian @ the helm, traditonal weight training and cardio were the main proponents of the show with some fuunctional training and boxing in there as well. But who knows if that's going to change with the intoduction of a new trainer.

FemFlex
05-29-2011, 03:16 PM
Exactly. The exact same thing happened with the American Gladiators so-called "tryouts" in Vegas during the 2007 Olympia Weekend... nothing but a farce. It was all pre-determined.
Come on now, Joe. Although there were a couple of eyebrow-raising selections, you know the problem wasn't really the Gladiators themselves, but the fact that the producers were so focused on trying to make the show about the contenders and their boring 'stories'. :rolleyes:

Although Kournikova and I have a 'history' dating back to 1996 (I went to the French Open that year and saw her playing in the juniors draw, no pedo), I have no bias towards her whatsoever. Her job is to be the eye candy needed to draw in viewers, BUT she will need some semblance of a personality to keep them.

The difference between AG and TBL is that TBL *is* about the contestants, but if Anna fails to connect with them, then she'll fail to connect with the viewers, and being pretty won't be enough for her to track well.

ashlibbie
05-30-2011, 01:32 AM
Am I the only one who thought Anna Kournikova looked a little sickly and boney when she walked out on stage?

Mufasa
05-30-2011, 01:49 AM
I'm with Tre on this one...

Anna will certainly lead to an initial "uptick" in ratings...but she will have to perform for it to be sustainable (in addition to interesting storylines behind the contestants).

Mufasa

Mufasa
05-30-2011, 01:54 AM
...Am I the only one who thought Anna Kournikova looked a little sickly and boney when she walked out on stage?...

Hey, Ashley!

She was always sort of small and slender; even during the "height" of her career.

What she always had was that "Ingenue/Lolita/Forbidden Desire" thing going on. (Like Britney Spears at her peak).

Mufasa