PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the tan off my suit

Staci
06-02-2011, 07:24 PM
I bought a suit from suits you for my comps. You all know that they are kinda spendy so I want to wear it more. When I did my first show the spray tan people were carefull about moving the suit and connectors out of the way to spray me. At my second show they gave me and my suit several coats of tan. I tried to wipe my connectors off with baby wipes at the show and got some of it off. Right now I have some orange looking stones and some clear looking stones in my connectors. Any ideas on how to clean these off? I soaked my suit for awhile then tried using a toothbrush to get them clean. It didnt work. I dont want to soak my suit for to long because im scared the crystals will come off. Or should I just not worry about the tan on there? Maybe it wont be noticable from the stage.

Becca Staggs
06-02-2011, 07:30 PM
I bought a suit from suits you for my comps. You all know that they are kinda spendy so I want to wear it more. When I did my first show the spray tan people were carefull about moving the suit and connectors out of the way to spray me. At my second show they gave me and my suit several coats of tan. I tried to wipe my connectors off with baby wipes at the show and got some of it off. Right now I have some orange looking stones and some clear looking stones in my connectors. Any ideas on how to clean these off? I soaked my suit for awhile then tried using a toothbrush to get them clean. It didnt work. I dont want to soak my suit for to long because im scared the crystals will come off. Or should I just not worry about the tan on there? Maybe it wont be noticable from the stage.

How long is "a while" ?
I always use just a teeny bit of dish soap and room temp water and I let mine sit for hours. never had an issue with the stones coming off. If you rinse it carefully (and swish the suit around gently) when it's in the water I think you will be ok.
After you rinse and let it air dry (no wringing it out!) i would take a dust-free cloth to the rhinestones and wipe them down and see if that helps.

Maybe one of the suit girls can help you more.
In the future though, I would spray all your suits with 3M Scotch Gaurd before wearing. The tan comes right out and they look brand new. I do that to ALL Of mine.

epolis
06-02-2011, 07:35 PM
I have never had anyone spray me in my suit before?????????? I'm usually nekkid

Staci
06-02-2011, 07:40 PM
I soaked it for about an hour two diffrent times Rebecca. Do you think I should let it soak longer? Its not the suit fabric that Im worried about. Its a black suit. Just the connectors on it. Im wondering if they were less carefull going around my suit because it was black. Next time I get a suit Ill be sure to do the scotch gaurd thing. Thats a great idea!

Lol yeah they sprayed me naked to. But backstage at both of the shows ive done they touched us up with our suits on.

LaurenFazio
06-02-2011, 07:42 PM

It prob wont be noticeable on stage!

How long is "a while" ?
I always use just a teeny bit of dish soap and room temp water and I let mine sit for hours. never had an issue with the stones coming off. If you rinse it carefully (and swish the suit around gently) when it's in the water I think you will be ok.
After you rinse and let it air dry (no wringing it out!) i would take a dust-free cloth to the rhinestones and wipe them down and see if that helps.

Maybe one of the suit girls can help you more.
In the future though, I would spray all your suits with 3M Scotch Gaurd before wearing. The tan comes right out and they look brand new. I do that to ALL Of mine.

Yes, scotch guard is amazing!

I have never had anyone spray me in my suit before?????????? I'm usually nekkid

Ya same, I've been naked every time. I wouldnt want them to spray my suit at all.

Becca Staggs
06-02-2011, 07:58 PM
I've only been sprayed once and yes, nekkid! :ass:

I would think the connectors would have been super easy to wash out!! That stinks! But like Lauren said, it's probably not noticable on stage.

At this point I don't think it would matter to soak it again, unless you didn't use soap the first few times? Try some mild Dawn dish soap, or Ivory, or Woolite if you have it. If that doesn't work I dont know what to tell ya.

kaytikat
06-02-2011, 08:51 PM
have you tried rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab? just be careful not to get your suit but if it's just the stones that might do the trick.

ShawnCarla
06-02-2011, 08:55 PM
I would echo what Becca said... try scrubbing with the toothbrush with dishsoap and water. This cleans normal jewelry, so I would think it would do the same thing for your connectors.

tkokayde
06-03-2011, 06:36 AM
Toothpaste and a toothbrush. Seriously. Any girl who knows her diamonds cleans them this way! I had the same problem after I got sprayed in a suit at Worlds and I tried the toothpaste trick. It worked wonders. And I will NEVER get sprayed in my suit again.

Jodi_Lane
06-03-2011, 07:21 AM
have you tried rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab? just be careful not to get your suit but if it's just the stones that might do the trick.
I was going to suggest alcohol too, you might even have to be super careful and dunk JUST the connectors into a bowl of alcohol to get to the "hard to get to" areas. But I'd avoid getting it on the fabric as much as possible. Good luck babe.

Jodi_Lane
06-03-2011, 07:21 AM
Toothpaste and a toothbrush. Seriously. Any girl who knows her diamonds cleans them this way! I had the same problem after I got sprayed in a suit at Worlds and I tried the toothpaste trick. It worked wonders. And I will NEVER get sprayed in my suit again.
Awesome, thanks for the tips babe. I was thinking of this the other day for cleaning stones and until now you're the first other person to mention it! ;)

Staci
06-04-2011, 01:09 AM
Thanks everyone for the tips!

Iron Chick
06-04-2011, 03:46 AM
White vinegar and water get it off every time. Just a little bit with a rag and you are good to go... gets off bikini bit too!