PDA

View Full Version : Pro cards will be awarded to 13 women

Siouxcountry
06-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Pro cards will be awarded to 13 women at the 2011 NPC Jr Nationals.

Women's Physique = 2 cards, overall and class winners
Fitness = 3 cards, overall and class winners
Figure = 4 cards, overall, top 4 out of 6 class winners
Bikini = 4 cards, overall, top 4 out of 6 class winners
So yes, 2 class winners in each figure & bikini will not turn pro.

2hot4u
06-04-2011, 04:05 PM
and a big 0 for womens bodybuilding!! Not even the overall winner

muldertx
06-04-2011, 08:52 PM
That is just bush league. So little respect shown to the FBB.

Siouxcountry
06-04-2011, 08:59 PM
and a big 0 for womens bodybuilding!! Not even the overall winner

That is just bush league. So little respect shown to the FBB.

FBB & Men's Bodybuilding has never been awarded pro cards at Jr Nationals.

fitcrazy
06-04-2011, 10:42 PM
FBB & Men's Bodybuilding has never been awarded pro cards at Jr Nationals.
That is sad! BB works hard too! I feel they have to diet and train harder!
What is the reason that the "Overall" does not get a pro card?

Siouxcountry
06-04-2011, 10:56 PM
That is sad! BB works hard too! I feel they have to diet and train harder!
What is the reason that the "Overall" does not get a pro card?

The Jr shows are suppose to be a step below the pro qualifiers for BB.

2hot4u
06-04-2011, 11:20 PM
and that makes sense? then why would a fitness, figure or bikini girl be any different???The Jr shows are suppose to be a step below the pro qualifiers for BB.

Siouxcountry
06-04-2011, 11:41 PM
and that makes sense? then why would a fitness, figure or bikini girl be any different???

It makes sense for BB, for the other divisions the name doesn't make much sense. For fitness especially this is the second biggest pro qualifier in the NPC.

TickledPink
06-05-2011, 12:23 AM
13 pro cards?? wow... Canada only gives like 2 a year it seems. No pro cards for FBB. Crazy!!

2hot4u
06-05-2011, 01:45 AM
I am just waiting for you to explain this one. Why would it make sense for only bb divisions? and it is ok for pro cards to go to physique when there isn't even a pro division to say they are ready to move to the pro's??? This is total bullshit and it just pisses me off to no end about all of it!!! I think i had better just take another timeout from here before i say something i will regret. But oh, wait that would be just saying my feelings and that would hurt someone elses? whatever........It makes sense for BB, for the other divisions the name doesn't make much sense. For fitness especially this is the second biggest pro qualifier in the NPC.

Siouxcountry
06-05-2011, 02:12 AM
I am just waiting for you to explain this one. Why would it make sense for only bb divisions? and it is ok for pro cards to go to physique when there isn't even a pro division to say they are ready to move to the pro's??? This is total bullshit and it just pisses me off to no end about all of it!!! I think i had better just take another timeout from here before i say something i will regret. But oh, wait that would be just saying my feelings and that would hurt someone elses? whatever........

Because this is a Jr show, for whatever reason they have a ladder for BBing, local, state, regional, jr & pro qualifier. Maybe they don't want the Jr shows to compete with the big boys (USAs, North American & Nationals), so they don't award pro cards to BBers.

I'm not saying this is fair.

Is it done purposely to harm FBBing? I don't believe so, as they don't give any pro cards to male bodybuilding either.

Suzanne
06-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Jr shows should be Jr shows for everybody There should be no pro cards

It should be a step between local level and a pro qualifier

But it is what it is

FemFlex
06-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Numbers, people.

The NPC is managing the figure/bikini population exactly as it should. When figure was the #1 game in town, a girl could go from never having trained before to IFBB 'pro' within 6 months. Now that bikini is here, a girl can go from never having trained before to IFBB 'pro' within about 3 weeks, just long enough to get a suit ordered and pay her entry fees.

If you're being honest, then you cannot identify a measurable difference between the physiques of the top 30 or so figure and bikini women at Jr Nationals vs Nationals.

Can you say that in bodybuilding? Of course not.

But, if the FBB'g population grows to the level figure or bikini is at today, and there are some 50+ FBBs at Jr Nationals on a consistent basis for a few years running, then maybe you'd have an argument.

But for now, when you look at all the opportunities FBBs have to turn pro in the U.S. relative to the number of competitors there are, this is hardly a legitimate complaint.

KP DIVA
06-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Numbers, people.

The NPC is managing the figure/bikini population exactly as it should. When figure was the #1 game in town, a girl could go from never having trained before to IFBB 'pro' within 6 months. Now that bikini is here, a girl can go from never having trained before to IFBB 'pro' within about 3 weeks, just long enough to get a suit ordered and pay her entry fees.

If you're being honest, then you cannot identify a measurable difference between the physiques of the top 30 or so figure and bikini women at Jr Nationals vs Nationals.

Can you say that in bodybuilding? Of course not.

But, if the FBB'g population grows to the level figure or bikini is at today, and there are some 50+ FBBs at Jr Nationals on a consistent basis for a few years running, then maybe you'd have an argument.

But for now, when you look at all the opportunities FBBs have to turn pro in the U.S. relative to the number of competitors there are, this is hardly a legitimate complaint.

Makes sense...just unfortunate b/c it still feels like a slap in the face to some.

Siouxcountry
06-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Numbers, people.

Please list all these pros who have trained so little and are now pros. Thanks.