PDA

View Full Version : 2011 IFBB TIJUANA PRO

Siouxcountry
06-05-2011, 11:55 PM
IFBB Tijuana Pro Bikini

September 9-10, 2011

WEBSITE.......... CLICK HERE (http://www.ifbbtijuanapro.com/)

VENUE.......... CLICK HERE (http://www.ifbbtijuanapro.com/htmltonuke.php?filnavn=html/instalaciones.htm)

SCHEDULE.......... CLICK HERE (http://www.ifbbtijuanapro.com/htmltonuke.php?filnavn=html/programa.htm)

Siouxcountry
06-06-2011, 12:00 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/201/body.jpg

Siouxcountry
06-06-2011, 12:00 AM
List Of Pro Competitors - September 7th...............

BIKINI

Abbie Burrows
Anca Marcus
Christie Marquez
Christy Merritt
Diana Fields
Jenny Drennan
Kelly Gonzales
Tiffany Boydston
Wilhelmina Davis

www.ifbbpro.com (http://www.ifbbpro.com/)

Princess_Diana
08-08-2011, 07:09 PM
I plan on doing this show! Very Excited! :)

Cristina Vujnich
08-18-2011, 05:13 AM
You can add me to this list :). ...although I like to get everything booked prior to sending my contract in - juuuuust in case something goes wrong lol.

IFBBproChristyCook
08-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Hey ladies! I am excited to be sharing the stage w you :D
I asked about an event tanner, and was told there will not be one. Stacey Parker with LSR will be available if you are looking for someone. Her number is 513-206-3096.

And Cristina you looked awesome in your pro debut and know you will be kicking butt this weekend!! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skyetaylor
08-25-2011, 02:47 PM
I am 90% sure I will also be doin this show for my Pro Debut:) Yay that is awesome news about the tanning lady! Thanks for her number:) Are you girls flying in? I emailed the promoter on the safety of the event of taking the shuttle across the border. Still a little worried lol! Any info you girls received regarding security/safety of TJ???

IFBBproChristyCook
08-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Skye, the first I heard about special security measures was the same day you posted this. If you get any details, please share.
And ladies, why is my name still the only one on the list, lol??
Have a great weekend everyone!!:)
-Christy

Siouxcountry
08-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Skye, the first I heard about special security measures was the same day you posted this. If you get any details, please share.
And ladies, why is my name still the only one on the list, lol??
Have a great weekend everyone!!:)
-Christy

One more name added today. Wilhelmina Davis sent in her contract. :)

2hot4u
08-30-2011, 01:00 AM
I am sure Christina isn't doing this show now but you could wait to see but Jenny Drennan is going to this show with christy merritt!!! what do they do if it is such a small turnout? do they still have the show???

Siouxcountry
08-30-2011, 01:04 AM
I am sure Christina isn't doing this show now but you could wait to see but Jenny Drennan is going to this show with christy merritt!!! what do they do if it is such a small turnout? do they still have the show???

Yes, even if only 3 people compete, the show will go on.

Last year at the IFBB New Zealand only 3 women competed in IFBB Bikini.

liquid sun rayz
08-31-2011, 03:57 AM
Thanks to Christy for posting Stacy's info..I was just coming on her to do that. Stacy trained with me here in Cincinnati and has worked shows with us for the last 2 years. She just recently moved back to San Diego, s that is where she will be located. She can go mobile, within reason, so contact her if you need tanning. She does great work!! 513-206-3096 She will have some touch up kits available as well:respect:

Michelle Beck
08-31-2011, 02:16 PM
Yes, even if only 3 people compete, the show will go on.

Last year at the IFBB New Zealand only 3 women competed in IFBB Bikini.

Really, wow! Make me a pro and I will go to compete in Tijuana, Mexico, I ain't scured!:p This could be a great opportunity for some pros that have not qualified for the O! Good luck to all the ladies competing! :respect:

MJCOOKE
09-06-2011, 03:12 AM
If anyone is still looking for a Make-up Artist and Hair Stylist my good friend Holly J Dean is already working with a few of the girls and can take a few more!
Check out her work on facebook: Lavish 8 http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lavish8/114923501899157

or at her website:
www.hollyjdean.com

Good Luck! xoxo MJ

Cristina Vujnich
09-06-2011, 02:48 PM
I actually will not be competing in TJ this weekend. Since I qualified in Phx and Michael and also decided to sit out TJ...we decided to scratch it. Plus we just moved this past weekend and it would be way too much right before the O. Best of luck to the ladies competing!

Siouxcountry
09-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Looks like only 5 women are competing. I doubt the promoter will have pro bikini next year. :(

Official list....

Abbie Burrows
Christy Merritt
Jenny Drennan
Tiffany Boydston
Wilhelmina Davis

Siouxcountry
09-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Looks like only 5 women are competing. I doubt the promoter will have pro bikini next year. :(

Official list....

Abbie Burrows
Christy Merritt
Jenny Drennan
Tiffany Boydston
Wilhelmina Davis

And one day later it's up to 9. :popcorn:

Abbie Burrows
Anca Marcus
Christie Marquez
Christy Merritt
Diana Fields
Jenny Drennan
Kelly Gonzales
Tiffany Boydston
Wilhelmina Davis

Siouxcountry
09-09-2011, 01:02 AM
Looks like prejudging starts at 10 AM PST Saturday. Finals at 6 PM PST. :)

jewelofnile69
09-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Any updates, Jason?

Siouxcountry
09-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Any updates, Jason?

They changed the start time to later today.

Siouxcountry
09-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Beware of the Twitter Police! :p

AbbieBurrows (http://twitter.com/#%21/AbbieBurrows) Abbie Burrows
First pic was removed by twitter police apparently! Here's another one! yfrog.com/h3ej0nej (http://t.co/5EzaEd7)

Siouxcountry
09-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Will Abbie win? :popcorn:

MusclePhone (http://twitter.com/#%21/MusclePhone) Muscle Phone
More women entered the Tijuana Pro Bikini than the last list. I'm told it's between @AbbieBurrows (http://twitter.com/#%21/AbbieBurrows) & a mexican pro (name?) 4 the win.

Ron
09-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Hmm...

1) Abbie Burrows
2) Kelly Gonzales
3) Tiffany Boydston

Should be top three....

although yes, there is a competitor from Mexico who jumped in, we are told that just may be in the top three....

MyriamB
09-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Aparently Mexico has given Pro cards to the winners in the amateur portion of the show on Friday and allowed them to join the Pro lineup today. I believe there were 2 Pro Cards for Bikini (ADRIANA FALCON & CRISTINA MENDIVIL) and one Pro card for men bb(HECTOR HUITZIL).
I found pictures of the prejudging on Facebook in Atlas Gym profile.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100001170105871&sk=photos.
Hope this helps since seems like no source is doing Play-by-play anywhere...

MyriamB
09-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Aparently Mexico has given Pro cards to the winners in the amateur portion of the show on Friday and allowed them to join the Pro lineup today. I believe there were 2 Pro Cards for Bikini (ADRIANA FALCON & CRISTINA MENDIVIL) and one Pro card for men bb(HECTOR HUITZIL).
I found pictures of the prejudging on Facebook in Atlas Gym profile.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100001170105871&sk=photos.
Hope this helps since seems like no source is doing Play-by-play anywhere...

I believe this was the first callout:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100001170105871&sk=photos

Siouxcountry
09-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Hmm...

Thank you Ron & Myriam! Congratulations to Mexico's newest IFBB Pros! :)

First call out

Siouxcountry
09-11-2011, 12:05 AM
2nd call out

Siouxcountry
09-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Looks like your top 4.

Tiffany Boydston, Cristina Mendivil, Abbie Burrows & Kelly Gonzalez

MyriamB
09-11-2011, 12:15 AM
Been told that Finals will start at 6 p.m PST
:popcorn:

Becca Staggs
09-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Love that bathroom pic of Abby! SMokin' booty.

Idk, looking at that lineup I'd have it between her and Tiffany

Siouxcountry
09-11-2011, 12:23 AM
Love that bathroom pic of Abby! SMokin' booty.

Idk, looking at that lineup I'd have it between her and Tiffany

I'm not sure, if this Cristina Mendivil in this video, is the same one on stage, she is smoking hot.

BGbyrBfrqbo

jewelofnile69
09-11-2011, 12:24 AM
What in the world is in that girls hair in the 2nd call out?

Congrats to the new pros.

Go Abbie!

Jason, she is smokin'!

Siouxcountry
09-11-2011, 12:29 AM
What in the world is in that girls hair in the 2nd call out?

Congrats to the new pros.

Go Abbie!

Jason, she is smokin'!

I'm not sure. I believe she won the amateur show, but ended up in second call out at the pro show, while the amateur runner up was in 1st call out.

jewelofnile69
09-11-2011, 12:33 AM
I'm not sure. I believe she won the amateur show, but ended up in second call out at the pro show, while the amateur runner up was in 1st call out.

Well, that picture is more clear and now I realize that IS her hair. From the 2nd call out picture it looked like she had a ring of feathers in her hair. Now that I can see it closer I actually like her hair. LOL! Whoops! Amazing how much picture can show something COMPLETELY wrong! :)

Siouxcountry
09-11-2011, 12:35 AM
Well, that picture is more clear and now I realize that IS her hair. From the 2nd call out picture it looked like she had a ring of feathers in her hair. Now that I can see it closer I actually like her hair. LOL! Whoops! Amazing how much picture can show something COMPLETELY wrong! :)

I like her hair too! :)

jewelofnile69
09-11-2011, 12:38 AM
I like her hair too! :)

:) OK, time to find out who wins these shows...come ON! :) And they need to get on with more pictures...at least for the TofC!!

Becca Staggs
09-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Weird split pec development on that first girl in the blue suit/second call

I'm not sure, if this Cristina Mendivil in this video, is the same one on stage, she is smoking hot.

I think it is?? hard to tell

Siouxcountry
09-11-2011, 12:56 AM
Mark Mason was there.

jewelofnile69
09-11-2011, 01:46 AM
Weird split pec development on that first girl in the blue suit/second call

I think it is?? hard to tell

I agree on the weird 'pec split.'. :)

Siouxcountry
09-11-2011, 02:29 AM
Watch finals live.................

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ifbb#utm_campaign=synclickback&source=http://www.indebc.gob.mx/inde2011/ifbb.html&medium=9275878

cray17
09-11-2011, 02:46 AM
Watch finals live.................

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ifbb#utm_campaign=synclickback&source=http://www.indebc.gob.mx/inde2011/ifbb.html&medium=9275878

I was just about to post that, Sioux. I see great minds think alike, huh?! LOL. :)

Siouxcountry
09-11-2011, 02:50 AM
I was just about to post that, Sioux. I see great minds think alike, huh?! LOL. :)

I guess so! :p The guys are almost done posing. A lot of large waists.

MyriamB
09-11-2011, 03:00 AM

I believe that they were the winners of 2 bikini classes. In Mexico classes are different than here in USA...

Siouxcountry
09-11-2011, 03:11 AM
I believe that they were the winners of 2 bikini classes. In Mexico classes are different than here in USA...

Looks like one class..............

http://www.el-mexicano.com.mx/informacion/noticias/1/5/deportes/2011/09/10/500399/hector-huitzil-mr-bc-nacional-2011.aspx

Amateur Bikini
1.- Adriana Falcón
2.- Cristiana Alicia Mendivil
3.- Verónica Zamora

MyriamB
09-11-2011, 03:22 AM
Looks like one class..............

http://www.el-mexicano.com.mx/informacion/noticias/1/5/deportes/2011/09/10/500399/hector-huitzil-mr-bc-nacional-2011.aspx

Amateur Bikini
1.- Adriana Falcón
2.- Cristiana Alicia Mendivil
3.- Verónica Zamora

But only Adriana Falcon and Cristina Mendivil got Pro Card in Bikini, and one more Pro Card was given to a Figure girl (Maria de los Angeles Ramirez)

Siouxcountry
09-11-2011, 03:47 AM
PRO BIKINI

1. Abbie Burrows
2. Cristina Mendivil
3. Kelly Gonzales
4. Christie Marquez
5. Tiffany Boydston

curtjames
09-11-2011, 04:58 AM
The live stream was fantastic!

Becca Staggs
09-11-2011, 10:06 AM
I wasn't able to stay awake that long!! Congrats Abbie!

ShawnCarla
09-11-2011, 12:23 PM
The live stream was fantastic!

Yes it was... and I thank GOD Abbie won! there were a few placings I thought were off. That one wasn't.
The Mexican girls were very stripper-esk on stage. They took WAAAAAY too long to pose and looked like they were in a soft-core video, not on a bikini stage. I was not a fan at all.

TanyaB
09-11-2011, 01:44 PM
The Mexican girls were very stripper-esk on stage. They took WAAAAAY too long to pose and looked like they were in a soft-core video, not on a bikini stage. I was not a fan at all.

What I don't get is why judges don't stop this - especially at the pro level. It is far past time to embarass someone - call her out, disqualify her - betting it will only have to happen once and the skankiness will stop.

ShawnCarla
09-11-2011, 02:16 PM
What I don't get is why judges don't stop this - especially at the pro level. It is far past time to embarass someone - call her out, disqualify her - betting it will only have to happen once and the skankiness will stop.

The thing is, the 2nd place girl from Mexico, was a brand new Pro.. so ok, maybe she didn't know. But she was beautiful on her own.... and I literally had to click away from the screen while she posed.... I couldn't watch it.
I stayed off the screen for about 30 seconds thinking she'd be done when I clicked back... nope. Still pouting and pushing her hair up around her face a-la-pin-up shoot all while poking her butt out at the audience.
I mean... ok... you're new... I get it. But did you see ONE other Pro on that stage doing that (minus the other new Mexican pro as well)??
Ugh....
just Ugh....

TanyaB
09-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Ok, so it was just the one new Pro? Someone needs to have a private chat with her then. I was catching up on Twitter and I got the impression there was a good bit of inappropriate behavior from Isaac - I never got the video to stream at work.

Siouxcountry
09-11-2011, 02:34 PM
The thing is, the 2nd place girl from Mexico, was a brand new Pro.. so ok, maybe she didn't know. But she was beautiful on her own.... and I literally had to click away from the screen while she posed.... I couldn't watch it.
I stayed off the screen for about 30 seconds thinking she'd be done when I clicked back... nope. Still pouting and pushing her hair up around her face a-la-pin-up shoot all while poking her butt out at the audience.
I mean... ok... you're new... I get it. But did you see ONE other Pro on that stage doing that (minus the other new Mexican pro as well)??
Ugh....
just Ugh....

She may have been new to all this, or maybe it is encouraged in Mexico? I hope she'll read our forum here and change her posing for next week's Olympia, she joined us on Facebook yesterday. I do believe if the division was called "Fitness Model" a lot of the over the top posing would not have happened.

Myriam mentioned she will be the first Mexican to compete at the Olympia! Big congrats! :waving:

ShawnCarla
09-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Ok, so it was just the one new Pro? Someone needs to have a private chat with her then. I was catching up on Twitter and I got the impression there was a good bit of inappropriate behavior from Isaac - I never got the video to stream at work.

it was both mexican girls....so yes it could b a cultural difference. but still, the judge should have said something. it made me uncomfortable

johnnyoc
09-13-2011, 10:39 PM
She may have been new to all this, or maybe it is encouraged in Mexico? I hope she'll read our forum here and change her posing for next week's Olympia, she joined us on Facebook yesterday. I do believe if the division was called "Fitness Model" a lot of the over the top posing would not have happened.

it was both mexican girls....so yes it could b a cultural difference. but still, the judge should have said something. it made me uncomfortable

It is not the culture or custom in Mexico to blame on how the girls posed. It is the complete lack of KNOWLEDGEABLE professional coaches and trainers. THERE, I said it!

I just returned to the US after living the past year with my ex fiancé in the TJ area ( I do have 5 years experience living in Mexico). She is new to Bikini competition and is dedicated (I think fanatical, but hey it is a passion) and a sponge wanting to learn as much as she can.

We searched Mexico diligently for KNOWLEDGEABLE professional coaches/trainers for Bikini or Fitness that could be utilized to assist a woman in her quest to become a Pro Bikini. Does not exist in Mexico. Hence ...she will be the first Mexican to compete at the Olympia! Big congrats! Cristiana Mendivil is a professional spokes model/actress and now IFBB PRO BIKINI going to the Olympia, IMHO she deserves the shot. She trains at a gym in TJ and did have some professional guidance. Comments here and in other forums regarding the sexuality in her posing should be directed not at her, but her coaching AND how events are judged in Mexico. The women’s events appear to be treated as a after thought and really are NOT YET taken seriously.

I was happy to read on some other boards comments from some of the US Bikini pros that they liked the TJ event, it was professionally managed and how they were treated great. I was skeptical this show would run smoothly. My ex competed in a prejudging event for the amateur show held in TJ Friday and earned a spot to compete. The prejudging event was horribly run (same promoter of the Pro show) and this really discouraged her. Last I knew she had decided to skip Friday but at the last minute decided to compete. Unfortunately the organizers sent her to the wrong category, Fitness. She placed 4th and is not deterred in her quest to become a Bikini Pro only now she is trying to figure out how to find some good US coaching.

IMHO Mexico is a huge untapped market for professional coaches/trainers for women competitors. When I would bring my ex copies of Muscle & Fitness Hers or Oxygen magazines all the women in the gym would jockey in position to peruse, even if they did not understand English, others would interpret. The workout gear and outfits I would bring her from the US were also a big hit in the gym with the women asking how they could purchase similar items.

Can anyone tell me how to help non English speaking Bikini competitors from Mexico how to find good professional coaches/trainers from the US? Trust me there is a demand!

Thank you in advance for your responses.

kmcduffie
09-14-2011, 01:17 PM

Myriam mentioned she will be the first Mexican to compete at the Olympia! Big congrats! :waving:

When I was backstage at North Americans I was getting ready next to Team Mexico. All of the bikini girls posing was over the top. I think it is the way they are trained because it was all similiar. And they took Forrrreeeevvvvveeeerrrrr..... If you recall, Issac has tweets (or whatever you call them, I'm not on Twitter) about the Mexico girls looking like they were about to salsa dance and another about when the judge says thank you it means get the hell off the stage. (one Mexico bikini girl stayed on stage after they had excused her.) I think if they refined their posing they could shake up the NPC/IFBB world!

EVERYBODY has access to YouTube.... They could atleast watch the pros and take notes!