PDA

View Full Version : My day of Normal Nudity

ShawnCarla
06-13-2011, 10:59 PM
I was going to post this in my journal but I thought it was worth sharing with everyone.
Today I went to an all-nude Korean spa for the day. I had bought a pass on Groupon and it looked interesting so I thought… why not? Plus I had just had a huge splurge meal yesterday and thought it’d be great to sweat some of that sugar and fat out!
I ventured in… its one big spa/sauna/pool rooms that’s required you be fully nude. I was a little weary about my post-splurge food-baby. But I disrobed and walked into the main spa. There were about 75-100 women walking around in the buff at any given time while I was there. I could not believe the shapes of some of these women. In this entire crowd there were two women who did not have belly rolls of some kind or dimpled bumms. Not a single one of them had any kind of muscle tone. And maybe two of them you would consider to be in “decent shape”... maybe runners. I’m not saying this to be mean, I was simply observing my surroundings. Suddenly I felt like the “weird one” in a room full of “normal American women”. All of a sudden I realized just how hyper critical I am (we are) in the competitive world of our physiques.
The average American women were all around me. Most of them have probably never ever wondered what their body fat percentage was or what a macro or micro nutrient is. Most of them have never even entertained the idea of stepping on a stage in a bikini or would even think something like that was normal. Yet we here are consumed by it day in and day out….

I think we need to put all we do into perspective and not get down on ourselves over the little things like food-babies and holding water, or whatever your physique nemesis may be.
It is a privilege and a blessing to be able to do what we do. Even on our worst of days, we are extraordinary!

Cherish
06-13-2011, 11:28 PM
I think we need to put all we do into perspective and not get down on ourselves over the little things like food-babies and holding water, or whatever your physique nemesis may be.
It is a privilege and a blessing to be able to do what we do. Even on our worst of days, we are extraordinary!

Well said! :awesome:

It's so easy to get caught up in the most minute details of our physiques and beat ourselves up over them without appreciating ourselves as beautiful, hard-working, dedicated women that we are. I SO needed this reminder today!

TanyaB
06-14-2011, 02:17 AM

I totally agree.... my bff where I currently live is nervous about going to the beach with me in 10 days - nervous of my fat off season body sitting next to her instead of celebrating that she has dropped the first 35 of 100 pounds she wants to lose. Dragging her butt for a day of boy watching anyway :angel:

Becca Staggs
06-14-2011, 10:00 AM
So true!!

Scarl3tbutt3rfly
06-14-2011, 01:35 PM
So very true!

I went to a spa during my offseason and was so self conscious about my body when I got there. There were women there too, just walking around in the nude, wearing bikinis. That definitely didn't work out but were totally comfortable in their bodies. In reality, I looked GOOD in comparison, but I was so worried I was sooo fat prior to going. After that experience I definitely looked at myself differently for sure!

jewelofnile69
06-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Thanks for posting, Shawn! I know that I experienced something similar at a regular spa (non nude). I tend to forget that we are critical of ourselves off and on season. But when my massuse commented on how much muscle I had and how in shape I was I had to remind myself that to most people I probably naturally look really lean. It's ok to be who we are!

FemFlex
06-14-2011, 01:59 PM
http://bb.bc4x4.com/images/smilies/worthless_without_pics.gif

Oh, don't act like I was the only one thinking it!

musclesrsexy
06-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Even clothed it's easy to see 90% of people would look horrible naked. I live near some of the biggest nudist colonies in America and I've been told it's a horrible sight.

You girls are all certainly in an elite category when it comes to your bodies.

jewelofnile69
06-14-2011, 02:16 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cherish
06-14-2011, 04:02 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

^^ Ditto. That one almost made me choke on my americano :spit:

ShawnCarla
06-14-2011, 06:00 PM

LMAO... really wish I could have taken some... put up some black CENSORED bars or something.... but no cameras allowed :D

jewelofnile69
06-14-2011, 08:58 PM
LMAO... really wish I could have taken some... put up some black CENSORED bars or something.... but no cameras allowed :D

I think Tre meant he wanted to see pics of you...not of the other ladies. LOL!

kaytikat
06-14-2011, 09:11 PM
I feel you. This has been hitting me with clothing sizes. I feel bigger than I am so I'm constantly shocked when salespeople assume I'm a small instead of a large or medium, or today when I went shopping for some shorts, I tried on a pair of 4's and was flabbergasted when they fit. I dont' feel like a 4. I still have quite a bit to lean out so I was assuming an 8. But I think I'm starting to get the difference between what I see and what everyone else sees. I'm getting into the habit now of shutting up that voice that wants to correct people when they pay me a compliment.

SheWulf
06-14-2011, 10:05 PM
Agreed. I came to this realization when I was in Myrtle Beach last summer. I was dealing with my first post-contest weight gain. Seeing myself super lean a month or two prior, I didn't feel so great about being a bikini. When I got to the beach one of the first women I saw was around my age, atleast 100lbs heavier with a huge belly... and she was wearing a two piece. I then noticed no one gave a sh*t what I looked like, and after seeing the women there I was no longer self-conscious. It was actually kind of freeing.

That being said, there needs to be a happy medium. It's great that women are comfortable and couldn't care less about what a macro/micro nutrient is BUT, that becomes a problem when you're a 45-year old mother and you're diagnosed with heart disease or diabetes.

One of my favorite quotes, "if you don't take care of your body, where will you live?"

dvsness
06-14-2011, 10:25 PM
I went to one in Koreatown in LA years ago. It was great, soaking in a tea jacuzzi, getting a sugar scrub and napping on a heated jade floor. Body issues aside, Korean spa is a great experience if you have the opportunity.

timo101
06-14-2011, 11:00 PM
So true. I needed to see this today

ShawnCarla
06-15-2011, 03:32 PM
I think Tre meant he wanted to see pics of you...not of the other ladies. LOL!
Haha! Oh... well my bad! I'll try to remember that for next time:rolleyes:
I went to one in Koreatown in LA years ago. It was great, soaking in a tea jacuzzi, getting a sugar scrub and napping on a heated jade floor. Body issues aside, Korean spa is a great experience if you have the opportunity.

It really was great...very different from your typical spa. I was so relaxed and looked about ten years younger when I left. My whole body was jacked up from training and my photoshoot the day before. When I left, I was loose as a goose. :)

FemFlex
06-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Total. Team. Player.

:awesome: