02-23-2008, 03:23 AM
:( Seriously???

Siouxcountry
02-23-2008, 03:27 AM
:( Seriously???

I am serious. :(

ibarramedia
02-23-2008, 04:04 AM
He asked you to remove the banner on his site right? If that's the case,oh well it's only 1 site... There are others. I don't know what his reasons are but I guess he can do that since it's his site.

Siouxcountry
02-23-2008, 04:12 AM
He asked you to remove the banner on his site right? If that's the case,oh well it's only 1 site... There are others. I don't know what his reasons are but I guess he can do that since it's his site.

Refresh your browser, you will see the banner I made will six of his photos has now been removed.

Meriza
02-23-2008, 04:18 AM
I think we all agree that his photos are beautiful - works of art for sure! I was lucky enough to create some truly wonderful works with him last year...John has compiled some of THE MOST AMAZING PHOTOS of the women of our sport in a book that he's publishing this spring! I think he's debuting it at the Arnold! It's called FitGirls, volume 1...oh my ladies, it's going to be something really special!

I think he wants to keep his best photos "special" - it's going to be amazing!! Wait til you see his book!

I know, I know - I also think his photos should be out there, too for all to see - they are too beautiful to hide away - but it'll make his masterpiece all the more spectacular when it's in one huge collection!

I want to buy one for each of my family and friends!

dallas3
02-23-2008, 04:30 AM
He probably wanted to protect his photos since they are his property, no worries though Sioux, the show must go on.

TTTG
02-23-2008, 03:00 PM
I wonder if Andy would let you use a few of his photo's from muscle angels? You could shoot him a pm here or over at FB and ask.

ibarramedia
02-23-2008, 03:19 PM
I wonder if Andy would let you use a few of his photo's from muscle angels? You could shoot him a pm here or over at FB and ask.

Good idea. How about Tre? He might have some pics...

Shelly
02-23-2008, 04:24 PM
BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i am sure you can come up with another, no??

SBT
02-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Yeah I bet you can come up with another great one!!!

Besides, you have some hotties on your very own site who will be doing shoots in the weeks to come :D

Siouxcountry
02-23-2008, 06:10 PM
I'll think of something, for now I am just going to concentrate on the Arnold.

SBT
02-23-2008, 06:30 PM
I'll think of something, for now I am just going to concentrate on the Arnold.

Well I will be sure to take LOTS of pictures for you to pick from!! :D

IslandGirl
02-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Good idea SBT!http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy/applause.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com)

SBT
02-23-2008, 06:35 PM
And not that I wanna see my smiling face everytime I hit refresh LOL but if you can use any of the ones from the shoots I do you will be MORE then welcome... just keep in mind I'm wearing a burka :spit:

MsGuns
02-23-2008, 07:48 PM
How about the 1st 7 gurls who signed up...you can use them as the banner

or change it monthly...

like have a lil contest...

Who wants to be the next Siouxcountry banner gurls...smile

What u think Sioux...

Siouxcountry
02-23-2008, 08:00 PM

or change it monthly...

What u think Sioux...

Welcome, Drexel! :waving:

That banner took me hours to make, as I am picky, and just used basic software.

Doug Smith
02-23-2008, 08:04 PM

or change it monthly...

What u think Sioux...

Hi Ms Guns

Great idea!

Best

Doug

PS - Sioux, I am sure if you contact Joe at HDP, Tre, Genex, and many others they would be more than happy to let you use some of their photos for your banner.

PPS - Regarding John, I believe he is trying to remove as many of his photos from the web as he can because he feels they will hurt the sales of his book. Actually I think his strategy is misguided because 1. the web shots are good publicity for him, even his fans will forget about him fast without them and 2. nobody who is satisfied with a low res web JPEG is going to buy a glossy high end production coffee table book anyway.

His concerns would be much more relevant if he had a web pay site, but even there a few photos on other sites that can refer members is only a plus.

Siouxcountry
02-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Hi Doug, :waving:

The banner would not have hurt him in anyway. I even offered to help him with promoting the book here. Just a real bummer, but I'll get over it.

Welcome to our board, Doug! :)

MsGuns
02-23-2008, 08:38 PM
You are awesome...

Welcome, Drexel! :waving:

That banner took me hours to make, as I am picky, and just used basic software.

MsGuns
02-23-2008, 08:41 PM
I agree w/ you..the more they are out there the more people would want to by the book...

Thats why Im all over the net...one day sum1 will want me on the cover of their mag...lol

Hi Ms Guns

Great idea!

Best

Doug

PS - Sioux, I am sure if you contact Joe at HDP, Tre, Genex, and many others they would be more than happy to let you use some of their photos for your banner.

PPS - Regarding John, I believe he is trying to remove as many of his photos from the web as he can because he feels they will hurt the sales of his book. Actually I think his strategy is misguided because 1. the web shots are good publicity for him, even his fans will forget about him fast without them and 2. nobody who is satisfied with a low res web JPEG is going to buy a glossy high end production coffee table book anyway.

His concerns would be much more relevant if he had a web pay site, but even there a few photos on other sites that can refer members is only a plus.

Doug Smith
02-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Hi Doug, :waving:

The banner would not have hurt him in anyway. I even offered to help him with promoting the book here. Just a real bummer, but I'll get over it.

Welcome to our board, Doug! :)

Hi Sioux

Thanx for the welcome, glad to be here.

Looking forward to what you come up with next bannerwise.

Best

Doug

Quadrablue
02-23-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm sure if you asked some of the girls here they would be more than happy to donate a pic each for a new banner. If I had some good ones I'd be sending them to you NOW!!!!

HDPhysiques-Joe
02-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Sioux - as Doug Smith mentioned, you can use any of our free shots from HDPhysiques for your banner if you'd like.

Thanks,
Joe
HDPhysiques.com

ripitupbaby
02-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Hi Doug, Hi Joe! Fancy seeing you guys here. :waving:

I talked to John a little about this because I have been guilty of posting his work on another messageboard. :o
My sense is that he also feels that his book is a collection of his best artwork, and he doesn't think that the pics that have been out on the internet adequately represent the quality that he will be putting forward in the book. I can appreciate that.
Of course, the pics look incredible to me and make me just want to buy the book even more, so it could definitely help sales!

r2d2
02-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Well it works both ways, if it wasn't for a mod on another forum, posting mr Stutz photography, I wouldn't have a clue who he was. He is getting free publicity.

He needs to lighten up a little I think.

Its not like he is Jackson Pollock.

MsGuns
02-24-2008, 02:50 AM
I just spoke to David Cooper...small world...cool guy!!!

Hi Ms Guns

Great idea!

Best

Doug

HDPhysiques-Joe
02-24-2008, 05:39 AM
MsGuns,
Did David forget to give you one of the HDPhysiques tops? It sure would look nicer in your avatar pic. ;) LOL

Joe
HDPhysiques.com

IslandGirl
02-24-2008, 06:03 AM
Hey there Doug and Drexel!!!:waving:

MsGuns
02-24-2008, 06:43 AM
Actually he did 4get to give me one but I got it at nationals...I luv the color...HOT PINK for HOT CHICS

I would have luved to take a pic in it...maybe Ill wear it in OH and maybe sum1 can take sum candid shots of me...smile

Then I can change it BUT until then Imma rock my FemFlex shirt since Jeff gave it to me that day...smile

MsGuns,
Did David forget to give you one of the HDPhysiques tops? It sure would look nicer in your avatar pic. ;) LOL

Joe
HDPhysiques.com

HDPhysiques-Joe
02-24-2008, 06:54 AM
Actually he did 4get to give me one but I got it at nationals...I luv the color...HOT PINK for HOT CHICS

I would have luved to take a pic in it...maybe Ill wear it in OH and maybe sum1 can take sum candid shots of me...smile

Then I can change it BUT until then Imma rock my FemFlex shirt since Jeff gave it to me that day...smile

LOL - Sounds good, Drex!

Doug Smith
02-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Hi Island girl - thanx for the welcome.

Drex, like Joe said, we will be looking for ya!

gymdiva
02-24-2008, 04:49 PM
hehehehe I just saw that other thread about my pic on myspace taken by him where you wondered if he'd make you take it down...hehehehe...I figured as much...eh, it happens!

so sioux, did you try to be a press whore for his book first? ;)

Siouxcountry
02-24-2008, 07:56 PM
so sioux, did you try to be a press whore for his book first? ;)

I told him I would be happy to promote his book here.

He's more than welcome to come here and talk about his book even if I can't use his banner.

We'll come up with a new banner in a few weeks. :)

SBT
02-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Thats right, and whatever you come up with I am SURE it will be great!!!!

:10:

ibarramedia
02-24-2008, 08:49 PM
I already decided long ago that I was going to buy his book because of the body of work that it has. Him not letting the banner be used does not mean there is conflict. People can still be friends. To me it is a non issue. Right Sioux?

Siouxcountry
02-24-2008, 08:53 PM
I already decided long ago that I was going to buy his book because of the body of work that it has. Him not letting the banner be used does not mean there is conflict. People can still be friends. To me it is a non issue. Right Sioux?

I will probably buy the book as well. :)

dallas3
02-24-2008, 09:18 PM
When is John's book coming out anyways?

Doug Smith
02-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Hi Ibarra

Good to see you here.

I admire John's work and had planned to purchase the book. However unless he has an ad campaign planned in which he posts sample photos on guess where (the internet) I do not see how he will attract buyers not familiar with him.

Maybe John has something clever figured out (certainly pulling all his photos has gotten him a lot of publicity, it is similar to when Woody Allen refused to do interviews), but the majority of photographers in the 'fine art' market I am familiar with have their work that they intend to sell posted in low res form on the web, or at least significant numbers of samples. For example one of my favorites, Jeff Wall, on artnet.

http://www.artnet.com/artist/17462/jeff-wall.html

Best

DS

PS - Ok, I admit not too many sculpted bodies in JW's oeuvre d'arte, but just trying to make a point here LOL

ibarramedia
02-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Hi Ibarra

Good to see you here.

I admire John's work and had planned to purchase the book. However unless he has an ad campaign planned in which he posts sample photos on guess where (the internet) I do not see how he will attract buyers not familiar with him.

Maybe John has something clever figured out (certainly pulling all his photos has gotten him a lot of publicity, it is similar to when Woody Allen refused to do interviews), but the majority of photographers in the 'fine art' market I am familiar with have their work that they intend to sell posted in low res form on the web, or at least significant numbers of samples. For example one of my favorites, Jeff Wall, on artnet.

http://www.artnet.com/artist/17462/jeff-wall.html

Best

DS

PS - Ok, I admit not too many sculpted bodies in JW's oeuvre d'arte, but just trying to make a point here LOL

Doug,

I know the work he does and that is the only reason i'm getting the book. I did not agree with his pulling his pictures out and Not allowing Sioux to place his banner here. It is in his best interest to advertise as it is good business sense. However,Ultimately it is his right to pull them, no matter how wrong we think it is. Regards to your "Uncle Vas". ;)

Doug Smith
02-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Hi Ibarra

I agree that it definitely is his right to pull, just not sure it is the best business strategy. Time will tell.

Best

Doug

PS - I will pass along your regards to old Uncle V

Steph Park
02-26-2008, 01:38 AM
Sioux, I had the banner put in my links section. I have since had it changed to Siouxcountry.com fbbing forum. I will change it once you come up with a new banner. Too bad you couldn't use John's pics, the banner was pretty cool.

Siouxcountry
02-26-2008, 02:13 AM
Thank you, Steph! I put your banner in our LINKS section... LINK (http://www.siouxcountry.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)

Hopefully we'll come up with a unique banner after the Arnold. :)

Shelly
02-26-2008, 02:15 AM
I am sure we can come up with something clever:stir:

jasons805
02-27-2008, 05:34 AM
i will see what i can come up with too just for fun :respect: