PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Indiana State/Hoosier Muscle

ambydawn
07-24-2011, 06:49 PM
I don't have any pics to share, sadly. :( However, I did want to give a shout out the Kira Neuman, who won the overall at both events and looked incredible! (If anyone was there and has pics, this thread would look much more legit :o)

Other than that, I was a little disappointed with the turnout at the show. The figure classes were TINY. This is the first show I have ever attended where there were more FBB than figure or bikini competitors. FBB was def the highlight of the show! :awesome:

I always like to go support the local shows though. Indiana has really been improving show quality/quantity over the years!

ambydawn
07-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Almost forgot to mention the two couples that got engaged. It must be a trend! LOL

Femphysiquefan
07-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Sorry, no pics from me either, but this really was a good show, even though there were not that many competitors (I think a little less than 70 altogether). I chalk that up to the CRAZY heat that we've been having here in Indiana as well as the fact that Masters Nationals was this weekend. Not easy for a local show to compete with one of the big national ones, but Tim Mobley (who also promotes the Indianapolis Champs) did a great job nonetheless. Major kudos and congrats to Kira Neuman for winning both the State Championship and the Hoosier Muscle Classic: based on what I saw I think she's going to do a FANTASTIC job at USAs this year!!! :awesome: :respect:

HDPhysiques-Joe
07-24-2011, 09:37 PM
No pics? WTF????

Siouxcountry
07-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Congrats to Kira! Nice momentum going into the USAs! :)

I see no photos on Kira's Facebook page yet boooo! :D

scottnva
07-25-2011, 04:57 PM
This show starting to sound like a UFO sighting...did it really happen??? j/k congrats to Kira and Crystal Exline for taking the HW class :cool:

Jodi_Lane
07-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Here are some, thanks to our friend Rachel Schrader who was at the event!

I sponsored Kira's suits again this year, she's so lovely to work with! I think we picked the perfect colors! Enjoy!

Siouxcountry
07-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Thanks, Jodi! :awesome:

kpsmith
07-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Great Job Kira!!:awesome:

Shelly
07-27-2011, 04:10 AM
congrats K!

Physedfit
07-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Awww thank you so much everyone!!! Can't wait for this weekend! I plan on bringin it even harder and better! I can't wait to see all the girls backstage and make new friends!!!! Thanks for the shoutouts guys! I am flattered! And yeah my suits are gorgeous this year thanks to Jodi!!

Valcarrie
07-28-2011, 08:14 AM
Hi everyone! I competed in HW in both the IN State and the Hoosier. It was my first NPC show, and definitely not my last! My family came to support and I have some pics of the show of me and my best friend/boyfriend(or should I say manfriend? LOL!) and training partner, Scott Canatsey(whom WON his LW class), as well as some random pics from the day. I reposted/shared the album on my Facebook, but am including the link to the pics here. I'm not sure if the settings are set to where anyone can view, but if they aren't, just lemme know and I'll get with my dad to have him change the settings so you can take a look!---->http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2319175297206.2137554.1184235036

After a rocky start to the day(Scott missing his Master's class and me ALMOST missing mine!) I settled in a bit and calmed down and LOVED talking with everyone back stage! The camaraderie was wonderful and it was FANTASTIC to meet like minded people(whom really do understand the craziness of the dieting and why we do what we do!) as well as wonderful supporters and fans like Jeremy Remo. :kiss: I tried to attach a couple of shots from the show, but I think its either WAY too early or WAY too late, so I'll try again tomorrow some time. The concencus opinion from the judges was that I need more mass and thickness, but that my condioning was very much appreciated. I came in 2nd out of 2 in the IN State Open HW and 3rd out of 3 in the HW in the Hoosier. Needless to say, I was not disappointed in my placings, but encouraged by the judges feedback. Isabelle was one of the judges and it was wonderful to talk with her about the show and get some feedback and input on what seems to be going well and what I can improve on. That said, I may do Jr. USA next year, but it all depends on how I'm looking early next year. This gal is now TRULY bitten by the bb bug! :) Also, a HUGE thank you goes out to ALL the gals from Liquid Sun Rayz, but especially Alyssa, whom was one of the ladies to quickly band together and come to my rescue when I LITERALLY ran back stage so I didn't miss my class. A big thanks also goes out to Karina Rhode and Tracy Nash and Amy Ardizzone from Suits by Amy for my suits and for the last minute OHMYGOSHIMGONNAMISSMYCLASSSOMEBODYHELPMEAHHHHH!... ..help in tying my into my suit! AND keep my sanity! LOL! I do not think I would have looked quite the way i did or would have been able to hold it together without the help of those ladies. They were a blessing. :):grouphug2::blowkiss::hug3:

Valcarrie
08-11-2011, 02:10 AM
I do have some pics from the show! It's just a matter of getting them up on here. :)

Valcarrie
08-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Here is a link to the photos I have from the show. The guy featured in many of the photos is my boyfriend, Scott, whom won his class! :kiss::D

(Let me know if you can view the pics on Facebook)http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2319175297206.2137554.1184235036&type=1

And a couple of photos taken on my phone. Not good quality, but you get the idea. The pic on the left is with my sister, Molly. The pic on the right is with my boyfriend, Scott. :kiss7: :cool: