PDA

View Full Version : Dayna Maleton in last place?

JasonLannigan
08-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Dayna placed 4th out of 9 women at this year's IFBB Europa Show Of Champions and 8th at the IFBB New York out of 16 women.

Here at the IFBB Jacksonville Pro she places last out of 10 women.

At first I thought, she must not have attended finals, but there are two sets of photos, so that is not the case.

What am I missing?

http://pics.fitnessrxmag.com/index.php?mode=browse&id=20812&eventcode=1472

http://gallery.rxmuscle.com/index.php?contest=53&year=392&bodybuilder=20742

JasonLannigan
08-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Dayna was in second call out, which had the last 5 women. I would have placed her ahead of a few women JMO.

snf_05
08-07-2011, 02:44 PM
I agree, but she is really muscular. She would probably fair better on the figure stage. It does look like bikini girls keep getting more muscular though.

ahmitabha
08-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Presentation?

snf_05
08-07-2011, 02:47 PM
I took another look at comparisons... as far as size goes she isn't the largest girl, but she has the best booty by a long shot and her posing is better than a couple of the other girls'. If she placed well at the other two shows this year, I can't imagine her placing at this show was due to poor stage presence.... whoooooo knows!

JasonLannigan
08-07-2011, 03:29 PM
I also see that Dayna placed 5th at the Toronto Pro out of 12 women.

I took another look at comparisons... as far as size goes she isn't the largest girl, but she has the best booty by a long shot and her posing is better than a couple of the other girls'. If she placed well at the other two shows this year, I can't imagine her placing at this show was due to poor stage presence.... whoooooo knows!

Exactly, her placings previously show the judges do not think her look is last place. I do not know how Samantha Morris beat Dayna here, when she lost to her in three previous shows. Maybe Dayna was not at her best in Jacksonville, I'm not sure, but IMO she beat a few women at the very least on stage in Jacksonville. Again JMO.

vanessamays
08-07-2011, 03:35 PM
My first thought was maybe a little too muscular, but I definitely wouldn't have her last place. Who's the girl in the middle? I think she looks amazing....surprised she wasn't in the top callout IMO. :confused:

JasonLannigan
08-07-2011, 03:51 PM
My first thought was maybe a little too muscular, but I definitely wouldn't have her last place. Who's the girl in the middle? I think she looks amazing....surprised she wasn't in the top callout IMO. :confused:

The girl in the middle of second call out is Nicole Guerrero.

LaurenFazio
08-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Well, first off, I think Dayna is underrated IMO. I really like this girls look.
I think she has a great look, great booty!! She has a similar body to Amanda Latona IMO. I think that maybe, its the posing... she looks good, but I don't like how she poses from the back. She almost like squishes her shoulders/delts and it looks weird.

She packs a lot of muscle, and is leaner than the rest. She does look a touch leaner here than she did in Toronto and at the Europa. I'm with Sarah, in that if she built up her shoulders a bit and threw on a figure suit she could be competitive there too. Maybe that is hurting her placings.

One thing I notice too is that she looks very similar, no noticeable changes. I find that you take someone like Tianna Ta, who has moved up the ranks as she has improved her physique. Maybe this had something to do with it?? Again, we don't know exactly how her presentation was, perhaps that was the deciding factor that didn't help her stand out among the rest.

Either way, to be honest I had her ahead of Nicole Moneer Guerrero.

Irene88
08-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Dayna Maleton is one of my favorite girls. I love her look at this show, but like some others, I think she might be a little bit too muscular for bikini. Her back pose shows muscles that in my opinion, are those of a figure girl.

I cerainly would have placed her differently based on the pics.

tangumi
08-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Anyone think it might have anything to do with her suit? It looks like a thong from the back (worse than most)

Body looks great but maybe the suit was a bit too little from behind. I don't know just a thought.

ahmitabha
08-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Dayna Maleton is one of my favorite girls. I love her look at this show, but like some others, I think she might be a little bit too muscular for bikini. Her back pose shows muscles that in my opinion, are those of a figure girl.

I agree, she would have been better off not pulling her hair to the side, a la figure.

I was less than impressed with an interview Isaac had with her & she seemed uninterested & bored. From that, my perception is that she doesn't want it bad enough & she doesnt have that glimmer of passion (for the sport/being on stage) like some of the other girls. JMHO

TanyaB
08-07-2011, 06:49 PM
I was less than impressed with an interview Isaac had with her & she seemed uninterested & bored. From that, my perception is that she doesn't want it bad enough & she doesnt have that glimmer of passion (for the sport/being on stage) like some of the other girls. JMHO

If that is the case, I'm betting her presentation is why she is last - that would be obvious IMO

snf_05
08-07-2011, 06:52 PM
I agree, she would have been better off not pulling her hair to the side, a la figure.

Maybe she allowed her attitude of the placings show through in the interview. Was the interview after finals? Or maybe she took that attitude on stage. It's so hard to say.

The more I look at the pics from the back, I can't believe she didn't beat the girl on the far right. Her (far right girl) lower body wasn't conditioned at all. I didn't think her suit was any more skimpy from behind than most girls. Compared to the girls in her call out, maybe, but not compared to the rest of the bikini athletes.

Perhaps we need a judges perspective or maybe she was just overlooked altogether at this show.

ahmitabha
08-07-2011, 07:34 PM
It was a while ago... right after she got her pro card & her attitude was like, "Meh, whatever"

I was pretty angry when I saw it because I know so many girls trying to get their pro card that really want it.

I have never really been fond of her since.

ahmitabha
08-07-2011, 08:17 PM
....she does give a shout out to Shelly and Betsy... so I guess she can't be that bad. :o

JasonLannigan
08-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Can you find that interview?

ahmitabha
08-07-2011, 08:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgEV339EyFA

YgEV339EyFA

JasonLannigan
08-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Yeah not a good interview, but remember at the time Dayna was new to competing and the industry.

ahmitabha
08-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Right. I understand. But I just resent the fact that she decided to compete 3 weeks prior (and cheated a-lot) and became a pro. I guess if it were me, Id keep that on the down-low.:shrug:

it is what it is, just sharing my feelings on the topic.

JasonLannigan
08-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Right. I understand. But I just resent the fact that she decided to compete 3 weeks prior (and cheated a-lot) and became a pro. I guess if it were me, Id keep that on the down-low.:shrug:

Trust me, many women feel the same as you do. Quite a few women turned pro in bikini with ease in 2009. Its far more competitive now, but of course each year a few turn pro at their second or third show.

snf_05
08-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Right. I understand. But I just resent the fact that she decided to compete 3 weeks prior (and cheated a-lot) and became a pro. I guess if it were me, Id keep that on the down-low.

haha I'm trying to get used to this, but yes it is frustrating... a girl that worked for me stepped on stage after doing no research, declaring that I refused to help her, didn't diet, and took first place while still getting black out drunk up until a week out. :banghead:

KP DIVA
08-07-2011, 10:58 PM
It sucks, but no need waisting energy getting frustrated....some ppl were blessed with great genetics and are able to get away w/ more than others when it comes to the diet. At least she does work out. She sounds a bit clueless in the video (couldn't watch it all) but I'm willing to bet in the last two years her knowledge of this industry has increase 500% and she would sound like a totally different person now. Can you really expect more...3 weeks and a pro? She definitely hadn't been through the mental wars that most competitors go through during a 12-16 week prep.

ahmitabha
08-07-2011, 11:12 PM
It's been quite some time since Ive even given it any thought. I just think because it has come fairly easy for her- she doesn't have the 'hunger' that some girls do.

Jaime has that desire in her eye - I am always impressed with the grace she brings to the stage. She is who will wow the judges.

There is a contrast between these two ladies, for sure. This is why I stepped out of lurkdom to state this observation.

snf_05
08-07-2011, 11:42 PM
It sucks, but no need waisting energy getting frustrated....some ppl were blessed with great genetics and are able to get away w/ more than others when it comes to the diet. At least she does work out. She sounds a bit clueless in the video (couldn't watch it all) but I'm willing to bet in the last two years her knowledge of this industry has increase 500% and she would sound like a totally different person now. Can you really expect more...3 weeks and a pro? She definitely hadn't been through the mental wars that most competitors go through during a 12-16 week prep.

I bet you are correct about her knowledge now and I definitely agree about the mental wars... not only that, a lot of girls are fighting for that pro card through a 12-16 week prep, but multiple preps of mental wars, let downs from not achieving it, and then continueing to fight harder.

KP DIVA
08-08-2011, 12:03 AM
I bet you are correct about her knowledge now and I definitely agree about the mental wars... not only that, a lot of girls are fighting for that pro card through a 12-16 week prep, but multiple preps of mental wars, let downs from not achieving it, and then continueing to fight harder

Exactly!! At that time she hadn't been through it, which is why she doesn't sound to passionate/interested, etc. I mean really, her sister had to tell her how big of a deal it was to be an IFBB Pro...she didn't have a clue. But, like I previously said...I'm willing to bet she's much more knowledgeable now!

JISFIT
08-08-2011, 01:10 AM
Exactly!! At that time she hadn't been through it, which is why she doesn't sound to passionate/interested, etc. I mean really, her sister had to tell her how big of a deal it was to be an IFBB Pro...she didn't have a clue. But, like I previously said...I'm willing to bet she's much more knowledgeable now!

Hmmmm....doesn't come across well during this interview and she is a grown woman heck she should know what she's getting into before she does it. I am beginning to think some of these women are lying about their prep....What I do know is if this is her personality backstage (a take it or leave it attitude) she's gonna see a lot more last place placings! Someone (oops I mean her boyfriend) might want to school her on competing 101!!!! I would like to see a f/u interview after her placing last!!! I'm jus' sayin'!!!

Laura K
08-08-2011, 03:13 AM
I would like to see women with Dayna's booty and body awarded more so in this division, it seems like they award it sometimes like with Amanda and Nathalia.. Nice big round booty :ass: :ass: :ass: and a great tight body to go with it = a winning mix to me :) :thumbsup:

RedOne
08-08-2011, 05:42 AM
From the back it looks almost like she is wearing a thong. Actually...after looking at the rest of the pics, it looks like her suit is the skimpiest in the back. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Nickyfregs
08-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Love the hating lol.

It was myself and Shelly who basically threw Dayna on stage because she ALWAYS looks sick, she works hard year round and doesn't "prep" for shows because she looks like a bikini competitor .... ALL the time. She knew nothing about the industry at the time of that interview and just trusted us. The girl has superior genetics and doesn't revolve her life around the oh so coveted "pro card" so people resent her for that lmao??

It is of my opinion that if you have to prep 16 weeks to compete as a bikini competitor... you don't have the genetics to be a successful bikini competitor

LaurenFazio
08-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Trust me, many women feel the same as you do. Quite a few women turned pro in bikini with ease in 2009. Its far more competitive now, but of course each year a few turn pro at their second or third show.

That is a good point, Sioux. There were a lot of bikini pros in 2009 who hadnt had much contest experience.

haha I'm trying to get used to this, but yes it is frustrating... a girl that worked for me stepped on stage after doing no research, declaring that I refused to help her, didn't diet, and took first place while still getting black out drunk up until a week out. :banghead:

There are always girls who are like that! just are blessed with speedy metabolisms I suppose. I know a couple, who win local shows, but fail to win National level ones. The drive/determination is just not there and I think the judges can see that.

It's been quite some time since Ive even given it any thought. I just think because it has come fairly easy for her- she doesn't have the 'hunger' that some girls do.

Jaime has that desire in her eye - I am always impressed with the grace she brings to the stage. She is who will wow the judges.
There is a contrast between these two ladies, for sure. This is why I stepped out of lurkdom to state this observation.

EXACTLY! - mind you. I do really like Dayna's physique. I stand behind my point "she is underrated"

I would like to see women with Dayna's booty and body awarded more so in this division, it seems like they award it sometimes like with Amanda and Nathalia.. Nice big round booty :ass: :ass: :ass: and a great tight body to go with it = a winning mix to me :) :thumbsup:

I like a more round butt too, its just really hard for most women to get it to stay big and round without it looking fat right? Amanda and Nathalia are like freaks of nature! lol I do LOVE LOVE LOVE their physiques though. :awesome:

From the back it looks almost like she is wearing a thong. Actually...after looking at the rest of the pics, it looks like her suit is the skimpiest in the back. Maybe that has something to do with it?

I think this is a great point. Could also be why she had a different suit on for finals??

I dunno - either way, she looks amazing.

ahmitabha
08-08-2011, 01:26 PM
I believe I covered this- has nothing to do with prep. I will gladly state her body is amazing. I never said anything to the contrary.

You can put her up on that stage- but you can't make her exude grace an passion. When the competition is that fierce, judges are going to look for that.

Every time Jaime is on that stage, I see a glimmer in her eye. She loves it! It is beautiful to watch! She gives off that energy!

Heck, maybe it was her skimpy bottom and that was it. This was just my observation. I'm sorry I said anything...

(edit- sorry Lauren, this was in response to Nick. I shoulda used quotes!). ;)

Shelly
08-08-2011, 01:29 PM

I have to defend my girl... cuz she is my friend,. TRUE the girl looks like that year round- she cant help it its her build... and she doesnt have to bust her ass like some other chicks...

but in this case as far as im concerned there was a FLUB in the scoring. period. there is NO WAYYYY she could have placed LAST- no justification will lead me to believe otherwise. not suit hair makeup body shape muscularity etc. there is no justification in my opinion!

I honestly think they just messed up!

kmcduffie
08-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Being at the show and watching her on stage: NO WAY IN HELL she should have been last. Her body is sick. I think her make up was a little off for the stage (doesn't look as harsh in the pics), but that is the ONLY flaw I could find.:respect::bowdown:

LaurenFazio
08-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Love the hating lol.

It was myself and Shelly who basically threw Dayna on stage because she ALWAYS looks sick, she works hard year round and doesn't "prep" for shows because she looks like a bikini competitor .... ALL the time. She knew nothing about the industry at the time of that interview and just trusted us. The girl has superior genetics and doesn't revolve her life around the oh so coveted "pro card" so people resent her for that lmao??

It is of my opinion that if you have to prep 16 weeks to compete as a bikini competitor... you don't have the genetics to be a successful bikini competitor

Or you gained too much weight in the off season? :p

LaurenFazio
08-08-2011, 01:39 PM
I have to defend my girl... cuz she is my friend,. TRUE the girl looks like that year round- she cant help it its her build... and she doesnt have to bust her ass like some other chicks...

but in this case as far as im concerned there was a FLUB in the scoring. period. there is NO WAYYYY she could have placed LAST- no justification will lead me to believe otherwise. not suit hair makeup body shape muscularity etc. there is no justification in my opinion!

You know - I'd have to agree.... her body is banging and she has a gorgeous face. Maybe I'm biased cuz I have always liked her look!!

I think mistakes happen for sure.

Being at the show and watching her on stage: NO WAY IN HELL she should have been last. Her body is sick. I think her make up was a little off for the stage (doesn't look as harsh in the pics), but that is the ONLY flaw I could find.:respect::bowdown:

Ya exactly - a little makeup flaw would NOT cause someone to drop to last, IMO

Nickyfregs
08-08-2011, 01:42 PM
I believe I covered this- has nothing to do with prep. I will gladly state her body is amazing. I never said anything to the contrary.

You can put her up on that stage- but you can't make her exude grace an passion. When the competition is that fierce, judges are going to look for that.

Every time Jaime is on that stage, I see a glimmer in her eye. She loves it! It is beautiful to watch! She gives off that energy!

Heck, maybe it was her skimpy bottom and that was it. This was just my observation. I'm sorry I said anything...

(edit- sorry Lauren, this was in response to Nick. I shoulda used quotes!). ;)

Oh sorry I thought you wrote you "resented" her because she only prepped for 3 weeks and cheated on her diet which to me had everything to do with "prep"

Becca Staggs
08-08-2011, 01:43 PM
I don't care if she diets for 2 weeks and drinks the whole time, if you got it going on, you got it. I'm jealous! :p

She SHOULD NOT have been last place, judging by pics.

Shelly
08-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Love the hating lol.

yeah i mean bottom line is i STILL think dayna attitude is refreshing. she take the industry for what it is. nothing more nothing less.

still doesnt justify her placing tho- nothing does

LaurenFazio
08-08-2011, 01:50 PM
I don't care if she diets for 2 weeks and drinks the whole time, if you got it going on, you got it. I'm jealous! :p

She SHOULD NOT have been last place, judging by pics.

x2!

Shelly
08-08-2011, 02:01 PM

SHE DEF IS

that interview was when she FIRST TURNED PRO. since then she actually does diet harder and work on her posing presentation etc.

she does take it a bit more serious than displayed in this vid.

but again, to me her "attitude" toward the sport has no bearing on her placing.

JasonLannigan
08-08-2011, 02:37 PM

I think it was messed up too, as the judges like her look, or she would not have placed in the top half in three previous shows.

I did notice she was the last to enter this show. So late in fact she was not on the official list. I just wonder if this has something to do with it.

TickledPink
08-08-2011, 02:44 PM
I think she's amazing & did not deserve last place. Looking like that year round... good for her!!

ShawnCarla
08-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Just one note in reference to her "attitude"...
Since when does anything you do OFF stage matter when you're ON it?
If it did, many many competitors would have some SERIOUS explaining to do!

Shelly
08-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Just one note in reference to her "attitude"...
Since when does anything you do OFF stage matter when you're ON it?
If it did, many many competitors would have some SERIOUS explaining to do!

lol true story!

Laura K
08-08-2011, 05:02 PM
You know, as much as we all discuss and debate this issue we will never actually know WHY they didn't place her higher because none of the judges are going to come on here and discuss it with us. So for those of us that believe she should've placed higher we just gotta accept their delusional eyeballs lol & for those that don't think so, well you're :nuts: lol jk :P

:blowkiss2:

Laura K
08-08-2011, 05:29 PM
I like a more round butt too, its just really hard for most women to get it to stay big and round without it looking fat right? Amanda and Nathalia are like freaks of nature! lol I do LOVE LOVE LOVE their physiques though. :awesome:

I dunno - either way, she looks amazing.

It isn't impossible to have a nice round ass & it is going to have some fat on it (which I think is a WONDERFUL attribute) but thru training and dieting you CAN have a smooth round fat ass.

I got on stage too soon this year after my bulk (which was initially for figure as some of y'all know but then I switched to bikini at the end of it) from June '10 until January so I still had some tightening to do right under my tush before my competitions but funny thing after I got off stage, switched around a couple things w/ the diet & kept on working I was back to having my smooth round fat ass.

Then of course I've gotten surgery and can't squat and train it right now but as soon as I am released to get back at it :ass: I'm going to go CRAZY! lol

I dunno what I guess I am trying to say is, work on building your glutes like a mofo then, if you need to lose any fat, diet down and presto; fat round smooth ass :ass:

P.S. Genetics play a role too, thank you pops for the rump :heart: lol

LaurenFazio
08-08-2011, 06:15 PM
It isn't impossible to have a nice round ass & it is going to have some fat on it (which I think is a WONDERFUL attribute) but thru training and dieting you CAN have a smooth round fat ass.

I got on stage too soon this year after my bulk (which was initially for figure as some of y'all know but then I switched to bikini at the end of it) from June '10 until January so I still had some tightening to do right under my tush before my competitions but funny thing after I got off stage, switched around a couple things w/ the diet & kept on working I was back to having my smooth round fat ass.

Then of course I've gotten surgery and can't squat and train it right now but as soon as I am released to get back at it :ass: I'm going to go CRAZY! lol

I dunno what I guess I am trying to say is, work on building your glutes like a mofo then, if you need to lose any fat, diet down and presto; fat round smooth ass :ass:

P.S. Genetics play a role too, thank you pops for the rump :heart: lol

I never thought you had a fat ass :kiss:

I just mean usually its more common to see girls CUT upper body, with curvy lower it seems, then they turn around and its like, a lil fat.
Not fat by normal standards, but stage standards, ya know.

Laura K
08-08-2011, 06:53 PM
I never thought you had a fat ass :kiss:

I just mean usually its more common to see girls CUT upper body, with curvy lower it seems, then they turn around and its like, a lil fat.
Not fat by normal standards, but stage standards, ya know.

Oh no but I did have a fat ass beginning of year bc I gained so much weight last year, but like I said.. I like having a fat ass lol!! Just not as fat as it was lol.. :D No offense taken or negative feelings in response to what you said boo boo :kiss:

I know what you mean with the girls being cut upper body and less so in the lower body but it's usually bc these girls don't maintain a leaner body year round so when they do their prep diet they genetically lean out up top first then their bottom half comes in 2nd (not every female but a lot) so it isn't always balanced. It's just better to maintain a tighter/leaner physique year round so that the balance issue isn't there and if it is hopefully it's more manageable!

Cherish
08-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Yep, I don't see it. Judging by the comparison photos of the second call out, she was easily top in that call out. Easily.

On a side note, I didn't watch the video that was posted (I'm at work :D) but in all honesty, I probably won't. It really has nothing to do with the package she brought to the stage that day. In my opnion, she could be the biggest B on the planet OFF the stage...doesn't matter. It has no bearing on what she brings TO the stage unless she allows an "attitude" to carry over to her stage presence. By the photos, I don't see that at all. All I see is a girl with a smokin' bod who should have place a HELL of a lot better. Just my 2 cents :2cents:

Eboney
08-09-2011, 06:05 AM
Im BLOWN away....err not to mention names...i really dont want to...but..:confused: (i HAVE TO) i cant BELIEVE she places below Samantha Morrison or Morris....just boggles my mind...WHAT are the NPC judges looking for:banghead:

JillianSR
08-09-2011, 11:58 PM
it had to be a mistake.... we have all seen it before or had it happen to us. i was left on stage at jr nats 2 years ago, and they almost called the other class and i was standing there still..... sux ass, but it happens... i am just surprised it happened to here because its not like ther ewere 30 or 40 girls.

I love Daynas look and her presentation. and i wish i could decide 3 week prior to do a show! lmao! what a lucky B! hahaha!!! id kill to be able to do that!