PDA

View Full Version : WBFF Divisions

Kristin Leslie
08-09-2011, 06:09 PM
WOMEN'S CATEGORIES & JUDGING CRITERIA (http://http://wbffshows.com/registration/competition-categories-judging-criteria/)

WBFF Womans Figure/Womans Figure Over 35 Criteria:
The WBFF judging criteria for the figure category is as follows. There are two rounds which are judged, the Symmetry Round and Group Comparisons round. There is no routine round in the WBFF figure competition. Females are encouraged to display their physiques in a graceful and feminine way which represents a desirably lean and healthy lifestyle; a look that is more natural, sexy, and athletic.
Also there is NO one piece suit round for the WBFF figure categories.

There is no music required for the figure athletes to prepare and hand in for this competition category!

Round 1: Symmetry Round

In this round competitors are expected to wear a two piece swimsuit and 5 -6 inch clear stiletto heels. Competitors will be required to perform a series of quarter turns to their right, which will be directed by the head judge. All sides of their physique will be compared for symmetry, aesthetics, and presentation

Round 2: Comparisons Round

In this round competitors are expected to wear a two piece swim suit that compliments their personal style. Competitors will be judged against others in their category, based on athleticism by assessing the degree of firmness, symmetry, proportion and the overall healthy physical appearance including complexion, poise and overall presentation. Each height class will compete in a separate category.

Figure Classes

Short class: up to 5’2″
Medium class: over 5’2″ to 5’5″
Tall class: over 5’5″
Figure 35+

Other components that will be judged include the following:

Overall muscle tone, body lines /balance
Grace and presentation
Skin tone
Hair
Makeup
Suit selection and shoe choice

SCORING:

After both rounds have been completed, the scores will be compiled and the athletes will be placed numerically 1st place to last place. At the evening finals all competitors will be introduced in their (2) piece bikini.

Male Fitness Model / Muscle Model and Female Diva Fitness Model
All model contestants, male and female, will be required to perform a runway presentation in the competition rounds listed below. Models will also be required to perform quarter turns for the judges. There is short and tall height categories for females 5’4 and under is short class. Anything over 5’4 is tall class. There are no weight limitations for Male or Female Model categories. Competitors must be at least 18 years of age to compete with the WBFF. We do provide music for the Model categories of the event.

NOTE: To clarify the Fitness Model categories, Male and Female Categories are being named differently, Male Fitness Model - Female Fitness Diva Model. All judging criteria’s are the same, nothing has changed but the name of the category.

There is no music required for the male and female models to prepare to hand in for this competition category!

Female Diva Fitness Model Criteria:

Female Diva Fitness Model:

Bikini round
Themewear round

What Exactly Is A DIVA?!?!

According to the Concise Oxford Dictionary:

A diva is a great or famous woman. A female deity. 2. A woman who is adored, especially for her beauty. ‘Diva” is the Italian word for “goddess” the feminine form of the Italian word divus (= “GOD”) .

Contestants for the Fitness Diva Model category are being judged on their sense of style, poise, overall beauty and stage presence as well as display a fit and toned physique. Fitness Diva Models will be expected to walk on stage in particular pattern which will be explained at the athletes meeting the evening prior to the competition (t walk style walk). Competitors must be able to present themselves in a classy feminine and tasteful way that is marketable. There will be 2 categories to this competition which include:

Round #1: Themewear round, prejudging show (example: Victoria Secret style themewear must compliment the competitors physique. )
Round #2: Swimsuit bikini round (two piece any style)

Choice of hi- heel shoe is completely up to discretion of competitor. No thongs or g- strings are allowed. Scrunch bottoms are permitted but must be properly fitted to individual.

40%- Overall Marketability

40%-Physique

20%- Stage Presence, Poise, Confidence

Diva Bikini Model Criteria:

The Diva Bikini Model is primarily a beauty contest. Competitors are judged upon their overall beauty and body shape and tone. This competition consists of three rounds, bikini round, evening gown round and interview round.

Round #1: Bikini Round two piece any style that best compliments your physique
Round #2: Evening Gown Round- Gown must be classy form fitted and long , any style

Other Information for WBFF Competitors:

Hair:
May be worn any style, no distracting hair pieces/hats should be worn.
Jewelry:
May be worn, distracting jewelry should not be worn. Chandelier earrings are permitted in all female categories
Suits:
No thongs or g-strings allowed, suits must compliment your physique.
Competitor numbers:
Will be given out at the athletes meeting the evening before. Buttons should be placed on the left hip in order for judges to read competitors numbers clearly. If you are in two categories you will be given a number for each category
Music:
Is not needed for any Female/Male Model categories or Figure, we will provide music.

Taken from the WBFF website

BikiniAshley_62
08-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks for posting!!! Informative. :)

johnstoa
08-09-2011, 09:45 PM
I will be competing in figure at Worlds this month for the first time, and I am curious if anyone knows if the symmetry round is where you come out individually. I have viewed many of the youtube clips, but it looks like they all come out in a group.

Would anyone that has competed in figure for the WBFF mind sharing any info on this? Any information would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thank you so much!

Kristin Leslie
08-10-2011, 01:59 PM
I will be competing in figure at Worlds this month for the first time, and I am curious if anyone knows if the symmetry round is where you come out individually. I have viewed many of the youtube clips, but it looks like they all come out in a group.

Would anyone that has competed in figure for the WBFF mind sharing any info on this? Any information would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thank you so much!

E-mail Paul Dillett or his wife. They are very responsive and will get back to you in record time.

Fleur
08-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Thanks Kristen! :kiss:
*johnstoa I posted a reply in the Worlds thread.
fb me if you need more answers hon.
www.facebook.com/fleuryvette
I'm happy to help!!

Powder7
09-13-2011, 04:28 PM
As far as my observations--this is not official...just me looking at the categories and sorting them out for myself:

Figure- the Monica Brant look. Muscular, feminine, x frame, lean and tighter than we see rewarded in NPC figure. (I LOVE the leg definition in the figure girls here!) Posing suits are mostly worn (but it sounds like it's not absolutely the requirement).

Diva Fitness Model- one step down from Figure, in terms of muscularity and leanness (some gals look like they could easily fit both figure and this category). Marketable look (I think that is the key to this division...would you appeal to a fitness mag). Muscles are there for sure, but not as large or defined as in the figure winners. Unsure of leanness...let the 'marketability look' define that, maybe. Bikinis (you can wear a normal bikini as opposed to a figure type posing suit) and fitness themewear (seems to be a much wider theme choice by many gals than just a fitness look).

Diva Bikini Model- Closer to the NPC bikini division. It still appears to me as though you do look like you workout, and you can't be entirely undefined. Shape to arms and legs...not flat as if they have never worked out. This is a beauty contest, as well. Bikini and evening gown.

You can compete in one or MORE categories (although I believe you pay per category)

These are my observations- absolutely not as written by the organization.

A Casne
09-20-2011, 01:54 AM
Hey girl! Thank you for posting this! I have been thinking about competing in the WBFF for over a year now but have had a tough time trying to find out info on the different divisions.

When I was in college I did pageants, would you say the interview portion of Diva Fitness is private interviews (one on one or in front of the group of judges) and/or a question(s) on stage? What kind of question(s) are asked?

If a girl were to compete in more then one division, how much time is allotted between divisions to change?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks:rolleyes:
Audrey

WOMEN'S CATEGORIES & JUDGING CRITERIA (http://http://wbffshows.com/registration/competition-categories-judging-criteria/)

WBFF Womans Figure/Womans Figure Over 35 Criteria:
The WBFF judging criteria for the figure category is as follows. There are two rounds which are judged, the Symmetry Round and Group Comparisons round. There is no routine round in the WBFF figure competition. Females are encouraged to display their physiques in a graceful and feminine way which represents a desirably lean and healthy lifestyle; a look that is more natural, sexy, and athletic.
Also there is NO one piece suit round for the WBFF figure categories.

There is no music required for the figure athletes to prepare and hand in for this competition category!

Round 1: Symmetry Round

In this round competitors are expected to wear a two piece swimsuit and 5 -6 inch clear stiletto heels. Competitors will be required to perform a series of quarter turns to their right, which will be directed by the head judge. All sides of their physique will be compared for symmetry, aesthetics, and presentation

Round 2: Comparisons Round

In this round competitors are expected to wear a two piece swim suit that compliments their personal style. Competitors will be judged against others in their category, based on athleticism by assessing the degree of firmness, symmetry, proportion and the overall healthy physical appearance including complexion, poise and overall presentation. Each height class will compete in a separate category.

Figure Classes

Short class: up to 5’2″
Medium class: over 5’2″ to 5’5″
Tall class: over 5’5″
Figure 35+

Other components that will be judged include the following:

Overall muscle tone, body lines /balance
Grace and presentation
Skin tone
Hair
Makeup
Suit selection and shoe choice

SCORING:

After both rounds have been completed, the scores will be compiled and the athletes will be placed numerically 1st place to last place. At the evening finals all competitors will be introduced in their (2) piece bikini.

Male Fitness Model / Muscle Model and Female Diva Fitness Model
All model contestants, male and female, will be required to perform a runway presentation in the competition rounds listed below. Models will also be required to perform quarter turns for the judges. There is short and tall height categories for females 5’4 and under is short class. Anything over 5’4 is tall class. There are no weight limitations for Male or Female Model categories. Competitors must be at least 18 years of age to compete with the WBFF. We do provide music for the Model categories of the event.

NOTE: To clarify the Fitness Model categories, Male and Female Categories are being named differently, Male Fitness Model - Female Fitness Diva Model. All judging criteria’s are the same, nothing has changed but the name of the category.

There is no music required for the male and female models to prepare to hand in for this competition category!

Female Diva Fitness Model Criteria:

Female Diva Fitness Model:

Bikini round
Themewear round

What Exactly Is A DIVA?!?!

According to the Concise Oxford Dictionary:

A diva is a great or famous woman. A female deity. 2. A woman who is adored, especially for her beauty. ‘Diva” is the Italian word for “goddess” the feminine form of the Italian word divus (= “GOD”) .

Contestants for the Fitness Diva Model category are being judged on their sense of style, poise, overall beauty and stage presence as well as display a fit and toned physique. Fitness Diva Models will be expected to walk on stage in particular pattern which will be explained at the athletes meeting the evening prior to the competition (t walk style walk). Competitors must be able to present themselves in a classy feminine and tasteful way that is marketable. There will be 2 categories to this competition which include:

Round #1: Themewear round, prejudging show (example: Victoria Secret style themewear must compliment the competitors physique. )
Round #2: Swimsuit bikini round (two piece any style)
Choice of hi- heel shoe is completely up to discretion of competitor. No thongs or g- strings are allowed. Scrunch bottoms are permitted but must be properly fitted to individual.

40%- Overall Marketability

40%-Physique

20%- Stage Presence, Poise, Confidence

Diva Bikini Model Criteria:

The Diva Bikini Model is primarily a beauty contest. Competitors are judged upon their overall beauty and body shape and tone. This competition consists of three rounds, bikini round, evening gown round and interview round.

Round #1: Bikini Round two piece any style that best compliments your physique
Round #2: Evening Gown Round- Gown must be classy form fitted and long , any style

Other Information for WBFF Competitors:

Hair:
May be worn any style, no distracting hair pieces/hats should be worn.
Jewelry:
May be worn, distracting jewelry should not be worn. Chandelier earrings are permitted in all female categories
Suits:
No thongs or g-strings allowed, suits must compliment your physique.
Competitor numbers:
Will be given out at the athletes meeting the evening before. Buttons should be placed on the left hip in order for judges to read competitors numbers clearly. If you are in two categories you will be given a number for each category
Music:
Is not needed for any Female/Male Model categories or Figure, we will provide music.

Taken from the WBFF website