PDA

View Full Version : Roommate for Nationals?

DocVenus
09-06-2011, 10:50 PM
I figure I might as well start the ROOMMATE thread that usually crops up for national contests...

I'm thinking I might want to split a hotel room with someone. Any other competitor looking for a roommate? I've got a reservation at the host - the Gansevoort (and also have a back-up reservation at the Dorchester...which is actually closer, walking distance, to the contest venue than the host hotel).

-Venus

Summer W
09-13-2011, 06:34 AM
I'd take you up on the Gansevoort! I believe I'm traveling solo (other than my team and coach) to this comp. When I last checked host hotel was sold out so I'm happy to find this thread!

musclemama87
09-15-2011, 06:08 AM
I would love to room with someone! I'm coming in from Hawaii...if someone else sees this who has a reservation at the host hotel or somewhere super close. Let me know!!! :D

DocVenus
09-15-2011, 05:59 PM
OK, this is really weird. I was searching through my emails trying to find my Gansevoort email confirmation, but couldn't find it. I could have sworn I made the reservation over a month ago. But I was looking over various hotel options, so I guess it's possible that I didn't make the reservation.

So I called the Gansevoort hotel to find out if there was a reservation under my name for the National Bodybuilding event. I was told there was a reservation, but I'm listed as a guest and that the reservation is actually under a Lorena Alvarez. But I don't know a Lorena Alvarez...at least I don't think I do. I find it very coincidental that someone else named Venus Ramos is staying at the hotel for those exact same dates. But I guess it's possible. Hmmm...I don't know what to think. Anyway, the host hotel is sold out, so I can't make a reservation there now anyway.

Good thing I have my back up reservation at the Dorchester. Closer to the contest venue and much cheaper, too. So either of you interested in doing that? Dorchester is at 18th & Collins, whereas the host is at 23rd and Collins. So it's about 8 blocks from host hotel to venue, and 3 blocks from Dorchester to venue. Dorchester has kitchenette.

-Venus

DocVenus
09-20-2011, 09:22 PM
OK, I'm all set up with roommates now! Hope everyone else who needs a roommate finds one soon. And see you all in Miami!!

-Venus