PDA

View Full Version : HGH Boosters, Do they work & what's the best

brandiewilliams
06-21-2008, 12:18 PM
I haven't used hgh boosters before, but as I read up on supplements for competitors, this one keeps coming up. Does anybody take this and can you tell if it works? And if so, which brands are the best?

dvsness
06-21-2008, 02:22 PM
HGH is not bioavailable orally. Anything that claims to be GH that isn't administered with a needle is a hoax.

CydneyWalker_etheric
06-21-2008, 03:13 PM
I use DHEA. I cycle on and off with it. With all the caffeine in the creatine supplements, nitric oxide boosters and fat burners our adrenal glands can get worn out. I recommend it for my post-menopausal women and those who are on hormone replacement therapy b/c of partial/total hysterectomies. Maintenance dose I recommend is 12.5-25 mg. For boosting muscle mass and leaning out max dose 150 milligrams. Titrating the dose is the key so when you come off of it, you body will go back to making it's own testerone.

I am a dietitian and work with endrocrinologist. It may be good for you to get a baseline of your testerone levels before beginning a regimen.

Deserusan
06-23-2008, 09:15 AM
As DVSNESS said, HGH isn't orally bioavailable. However, you can optimize your own output by doing the following:

1. Eating in the same intervals daily
2. Sleeping at the same intervals daily.
3. Getting a restful night's sleep
4. Avoiding carbs around bedtime and eating a high protein meal before bed.

While this may seem simple, many people don't do this, especially getting a restful night's sleep. They really do make a difference.

Erik
06-23-2008, 02:30 PM
As DVSNESS said, HGH isn't orally bioavailable. However, you can optimize your own output by doing the following:

1. Eating in the same intervals daily
2. Sleeping at the same intervals daily.
3. Getting a restful night's sleep
4. Avoiding carbs around bedtime and eating a high protein meal before bed.

While this may seem simple, many people don't do this, especially getting a restful night's sleep. They really do make a difference.

Agreed on the fact that all are good practices. Are you saying that the effect on GH levels is so significant that it makes a difference or that those practices just make a difference (regardless of effect on GH)?

CydneyWalker_etheric
06-23-2008, 06:12 PM
this is really interesting information on the non-bioavailability of prohormones. i haven't seen any information or had any endo discuss this poor availability.

you can clearly feel the difference when starting on dhea and you can see the affects of having more testosterone being produced by your adrenals. granted it isn't the same as being on HGH, but you can feel a difference.

chondrobob
06-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Our Clinic prescribes HGH as well as Sermorlin Acetate, other than what is stated in terms of diet and rest, those 2 methods are the only medically recognized hgh treatments. Both are only injectable. One is simply HGH and sermorlin provokes pituitary stimulation of GH and Thyroid function.

brandiewilliams
06-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Ahhh yes. I do know that nothing is true hgh unless it is in a needle, but I'm talking about these so called "boosters" that are for sale. Proamino plus am&pm, Beverly int. GH factor, ALRI Venom, Hi-Tech Somatomax to name a few. I don't want to use illegal stuff, but wondered if these brands were worth a try.

dvsness
06-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Ahhh yes. I do know that nothing is true hgh unless it is in a needle, but I'm talking about these so called "boosters" that are for sale. Proamino plus am&pm, Beverly int. GH factor, ALRI Venom, Hi-Tech Somatomax to name a few. I don't want to use illegal stuff, but wondered if these brands were worth a try.

If you can post up some ingredients, that would be helpful. But for the most part, I'd say probably no real marked effect on GH.

dvsness
06-23-2008, 07:10 PM
this is really interesting information on the non-bioavailability of prohormones. i haven't seen any information or had any endo discuss this poor availability.

you can clearly feel the difference when starting on dhea and you can see the affects of having more testosterone being produced by your adrenals. granted it isn't the same as being on HGH, but you can feel a difference.

There are PHs that are bioavailable orally, as well as AAS and PSs. We are talking solely about GH.

brandiewilliams
06-23-2008, 08:20 PM
If you can post up some ingredients, that would be helpful. But for the most part, I'd say probably no real marked effect on GH.

Um, the Beverly int. GH Factor lists Arginine Pyroglutamate & Lysine Monohydrachloride. I guess these are just your essential aminos that are supposed to boost your own natural gh levels? I'm a simple girl and this shit is confusing me. :nuts:I need it spelled out in black & white.

Erik
06-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Um, the Beverly int. GH Factor lists Arginine Pyroglutamate & Lysine Monohydrachloride. I guess these are just your essential aminos that are supposed to boost your own natural gh levels? I'm a simple girl and this shit is confusing me. :nuts:I need it spelled out in black & white.

Waste.Of.Money.

Research that lead to the supplement pimping of arginine, etc., is based on high dose intravenous administration. Never replicated with sane, oral dosing.

brandiewilliams
06-24-2008, 01:32 AM
Waste.Of.Money.

Research that lead to the supplement pimping of arginine, etc., is based on high dose intravenous administration. Never replicated with sane, oral dosing.

That's what I wanted to know! Thanks dude!

Deserusan
06-24-2008, 08:26 AM
Agreed on the fact that all are good practices. Are you saying that the effect on GH levels is so significant that it makes a difference or that those practices just make a difference (regardless of effect on GH)?

Some of the factors do make much more of a difference then others. Especially regarding sleep. Obviously this would pale in comparison to endogenous HGH but nevertheless important to address.

FitFighter
06-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Care to elaborate?

WillBrink
06-25-2008, 02:24 PM
I haven't used hgh boosters before, but as I read up on supplements for competitors, this one keeps coming up. Does anybody take this and can you tell if it works? And if so, which brands are the best?

One, you have to define "work." Have some supplements, such as high dose arginine been shown to cause a spike in GH? Yes. Has any supplement that causes a spike in GH ever been shown to actually have any effects on bodycomp? No, and that's what actually matters.

WillBrink
06-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Waste.Of.Money.

And never shown to actually alter bodycomp which is the ONLY thing that matters in the context the question. People seem to overlook that fact. An effect on hormone X is well and fine, but that does not by any means = changes in bodycomp.

Erik
06-25-2008, 03:16 PM
And never shown to actually alter bodycomp which is the ONLY thing that matters in the context the question. People seem to overlook that fact. An effect on hormone X is well and fine, but that does not by any means = changes in bodycomp.

Very good point Will.

Who cares what a supp does to hormones, PS, etc. if over time it doesn't result into a measurement improvement in physique.

WillBrink
06-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Very good point Will.

Who cares what a supp does to hormones, PS, etc. if over time it doesn't result into a measurement improvement in physique.

Exactly. That has always been my major point, a point missed by most, :cool: