PDA

View Full Version : After The Party Is the Waffle House...

Becca Staggs
11-08-2011, 04:20 PM
:happydance:
(if you don't know that song then then name of this thread is probably not as funny to you...lol)

Where is the after-party? Anyone know? Who's eating where?
Any good suggestions?? I think an SC meetup with dinner and drinks is in order!

LaurenFazio
11-08-2011, 04:26 PM
There's a party in my pants and you're invited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pants:

haha... that was innapropriate. my bad!

Becca Staggs
11-08-2011, 04:28 PM

HOoKer.

LaurenFazio
11-08-2011, 04:38 PM
:owned:

Siouxcountry
11-08-2011, 04:41 PM

:D

DqKBrNdpIMU

Siouxcountry
11-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Lauren did you do that?!?! lol

LaurenFazio
11-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Lauren did you do that?!?! lol

:angel:
meeee???
nooooo....

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Becca Staggs
11-08-2011, 05:00 PM
omg!! LOL

LaurenFazio
11-08-2011, 05:03 PM
:rofl:

That is what I'm wearing to the afterparty! :cool:

foxieroxie007
11-08-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm so mad that y'all are up in here having some crazy off topic convo among yourselves lol.

Love the avi.

I'm totally down and open to anything! Especially if there's cheesecake involved! :awesome:

Becca Staggs
11-08-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm so mad that y'all are up in here having some crazy off topic convo among yourselves lol.

Love the avi.

I'm totally down and open to anything! Especially if there's cheesecake involved! :awesome:

LOL!! I know. I was thinking dang, another thread I start where only Lauren and Sioux chime in! LOLOLOL!!!

Cheesecake? Check.
I can't wait to meet you!!

Siouxcountry
11-08-2011, 06:24 PM

That is what I'm wearing to the afterparty! :cool:

It's like you two are smiling exactly the same! :D

LaurenFazio
11-08-2011, 06:30 PM

Love the avi.

I love cheesecake! GREAT plan Roxie!

It's like you two are smiling exactly the same! :D

We're happy biznatches, yo!

foxieroxie007
11-08-2011, 06:32 PM
:awesome: :awesome: :awesome :awesome: :awesome:

LaurenFazio
11-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Is there a Cheesecake Factory in Miami? I have never been to one!

Hope33Rose
11-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Is there a Cheesecake Factory in Miami? I have never been to one!

OMG...there better be!!!

Did the search just for you Lauren! Coconut Grove is the closest to the venue!

4 Coconut Grove
3015 Grand Avenue
Coconut Grove, FL 33133
(305) 447-9898

5 Dadeland
7497 Dadeland Mall
Miami, FL 33156
(305) 665-5400

See Locations A and C on the map. There's another that is north of Miami Beach if you guys want to consider that one IF you want to commit to the Cheesecake Factory! (btw, I make maps for a living and the google "way" makes me cringe, LMAO!)

Obviously...I'm all for it! :D

Siouxcountry
11-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Thankfully mods can't change admin avatars! :vacation:

LaurenFazio
11-08-2011, 06:55 PM
OMG...there better be!!!

Did the search just for you Lauren! Coconut Grove is the closest to the venue!

4 Coconut Grove
3015 Grand Avenue
Coconut Grove, FL 33133
(305) 447-9898

5 Dadeland
7497 Dadeland Mall
Miami, FL 33156
(305) 665-5400

See Locations A and C on the map. There's another that is north of Miami Beach if you guys want to consider that one IF you want to commit to the Cheesecake Factory! (btw, I make maps for a living and the google "way" makes me cringe, LMAO!)

Obviously...I'm all for it! :D

OMG Lisa, you are my hero!!!!!! :hug: :kiss:
We NEED to go! haha

Thankfully mods can't change admin avatars! :vacation:

I thought we could!? Didnt Becca that one day!?

Becca Staggs
11-08-2011, 06:58 PM
I am down for Cheesecake Factory if it's close, but after the show I'm not trying to drive an hour for an hour wait for cheesecake lol. I will be happy with some Sarah Lee Cheesecake and a bottle of wine from the grocery store by that point :)

Lauren, Cheesecake factory is good, but there is a super long wait most the time in the evenings.. If you wanna go Sunday I'm down.

Siouxcountry
11-08-2011, 07:01 PM
I thought we could!? Didnt Becca that one day!?

I just let people think she did. :spy:

Hope33Rose
11-08-2011, 07:02 PM
I am down for Cheesecake Factory if it's close, but after the show I'm not trying to drive an hour for an hour wait for cheesecake lol. I will be happy with some Sarah Lee Cheesecake and a bottle of wine from the grocery store by that point :)

Lauren, Cheesecake factory is good, but there is a super long wait most the time in the evenings.. If you wanna go Sunday I'm down.

Sunday would probably be the best...However, how late would the SC crew arrive at the restaurant? The last couple years, the finals haven't completed until 11pm or so (9ish or so was when Figure was over with). The dinner rush may be non-existent by the time we want to be there.

I'm pretty much up for anything.

amanda103
11-08-2011, 07:04 PM

Haha! I'm with you Becca! At that point, anything off from the pre-contest menu will be good with me! I like Cheesecake Factory's cheesecakes, but the food doesn't do a whole lot for me (besides wreak havoc on my GI tract!).

I'm down for where ever though, if a group is getting together for post show food/drink!

Becca Staggs
11-08-2011, 07:12 PM
I would definitely like to have the group get together, and that includes ANY SC members who wanna join (even though we may not all arrive or be able to sit together).

I say we find a place close by that we can get to within decent time, that has a wide variety of food and a bar for if we decide we want to stay and hang out.

It's South Beach, been there once. Shouldn't be hard to find. :party:

LaurenFazio
11-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Haha! I'm with you Becca! At that point, anything off from the pre-contest menu will be good with me! I like Cheesecake Factory's cheesecakes, but the food doesn't do a whole lot for me (besides wreak havoc on my GI tract!).

I'm down for where ever though, if a group is getting together for post show food/drink!

x2

I would definitely like to have the group get together, and that includes ANY SC members who wanna join (even though we may not all arrive or be able to sit together).

I say we find a place close by that we can get to within decent time, that has a wide variety of food and a bar for if we decide we want to stay and hang out.

x3!

Hope33Rose
11-08-2011, 07:20 PM

Agreed. :)

Qubabe
11-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Getting together after the show is a great idea!! I am always trying to lure everyone out after the show but have a hard time getting the competitors to follow through on this. Most tend to be too tired. I'm usually raring to go!!
I also wanted everyone to be aware of how expensive South Beach is. You can spend $20/alcoholic drink easily and they add tip onto your bill automaticly since it is a high tourist area.

musclemama87
11-08-2011, 09:33 PM
I'm so glad this thread opened up! I hope I get to go out and hang with you guys...Sunday may be a bit risky for me...my plane leaves earlier in the afternoon. It takes FOREVER to get to Hawaii...and I have to work on Monday...ugh

dallas3
11-08-2011, 09:41 PM
A lot of the bar areas stay open till 4am fyi.

Becca Staggs
11-09-2011, 02:29 AM
I'm so glad this thread opened up! I hope I get to go out and hang with you guys...Sunday may be a bit risky for me...my plane leaves earlier in the afternoon. It takes FOREVER to get to Hawaii...and I have to work on Monday...ugh

I really hope you can!!! That would be so fun. I CANNOT BELIEVE you didn't take Monday off! I think maybe you are getting sick...cough cough...:sick: :angel:

Getting together after the show is a great idea!! I am always trying to lure everyone out after the show but have a hard time getting the competitors to follow through on this. Most tend to be too tired. I'm usually raring to go!!
I also wanted everyone to be aware of how expensive South Beach is. You can spend $20/alcoholic drink easily and they add tip onto your bill automaticly since it is a high tourist area.

I will have some wine before hitting the bar fo sho. I'm cheap and I have no shame. :yes:

musclemama87
11-09-2011, 03:04 AM
I really hope you can!!! That would be so fun. I CANNOT BELIEVE you didn't take Monday off! I think maybe you are getting sick...cough cough...:sick: :angel:

LOL!!! Yeah...didnt think about that until after I booked everything :rolleyes:...Imma blame it on the low carbs..lol ;)

If i dont get to party it up with you guys, I DO have three...yep..THREE coupons for a free cocktail on my Delta flight..LMAO!!!

PARTAAAAY ON THE PLAAAANE!!!! :headbang::happydance:...lol

Becca Staggs
11-10-2011, 06:14 PM
LOL!!! Yeah...didnt think about that until after I booked everything :rolleyes:...Imma blame it on the low carbs..lol ;)

If i dont get to party it up with you guys, I DO have three...yep..THREE coupons for a free cocktail on my Delta flight..LMAO!!!

PARTAAAAY ON THE PLAAAANE!!!! :headbang::happydance:...lol

LOL, wow! How did you score those? You must be traveling first class! :vacation:

It'll be a nice, relaxing flight home!

Becca Staggs
11-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Aiiiight so here are a few places in Miami Beach, relatively close to venue and hotels...

Sushi:
http://www.tonisushi.com/index.html
http://www.thaihouse2.com/

Mediteranean/Middle Eastern/International: (site under contstruction. BOO) http://www.tantra-restaurant.com/

Italian: http://georgesmiamibeach.com/index.php

Seafood/Raw Bar: http://www.montyssobe.com/

Beer/Burger Joint:
http://www.burgernbeerjoint.com/

Pizza Bar - Cause size does matter!! LOL (open till 5a!)
http://www.pizzabar.com/

Inside the Palms - only open till 11 on sat night though;
http://www.thepalmshotel.com/dining/essensia-restaurant/

LaurenFazio
11-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Aiiiight so here are a few places in Miami Beach, relatively close to venue and hotels...

Sushi:
http://www.tonisushi.com/index.html
http://www.thaihouse2.com/

Mediteranean/Middle Eastern/International: (site under contstruction. BOO) http://www.tantra-restaurant.com/

Italian: http://georgesmiamibeach.com/index.php

Seafood/Raw Bar: http://www.montyssobe.com/

Beer/Burger Joint:
http://www.burgernbeerjoint.com/

Pizza Bar - Cause size does matter!! LOL (open till 5a!)
http://www.pizzabar.com/

Inside the Palms - only open till 11 on sat night though;
http://www.thepalmshotel.com/dining/essensia-restaurant/

I vote either sushi, pizza, or burgers!

LaurenFazio
11-10-2011, 07:29 PM
HOLY CRAP
those burgers are 10 oz?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've never had a burg that big in my LIFE

DAYMN!

amanda103
11-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Pizza or burgers sound good to me! 10oz burgers?? I smell a food challenge!

foxieroxie007
11-10-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm open to whatever. Sushi I'm picky about. Pizza, I'm from NY so it had better be good.

Screw it. I choose burgers. :rofl:

I'm gonna find that Cheesecake Factory and buy my treat on Thurs and keep that baby in the fridge lol. :awesome:

LaurenFazio
11-10-2011, 09:39 PM

you're on sista!!!!!!

Becca Staggs
11-10-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm good with burgers! There will prob be list of options there if someone doesnt want a burger, also...

Sent from my Android using Forum Runner

amanda103
11-11-2011, 12:02 AM
you're on sista!!!!!!

Oh yeah! It's going down! :burger::evil5:

LaurenFazio
11-11-2011, 02:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMpFxy22Lw8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

fMpFxy22Lw8

musclemama87
11-11-2011, 03:53 AM

Oh yeah!!!!! There is this burger place here called Teddys Bigger Burgers...OMG!

Favorite Burger: 9 oz Kanak Attack
Consists of:
-9 oz beef patty
-Onion Rings
-Hashbrowns
-Bacon
-Avacado
-Chedder Cheese
-BBQ sauce

I eat that PLUS loaded fries and a large thick strawberry milkshake!! My husband can't even get thru the burger...Lmao!

I'm soooooo down for a 10 oz burger!!! Bring it!!! :happydance:

Becca Staggs
11-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Uh oh Amanda! If you watch Lauren's vid, there's a challenge at the end for you!!

Siouxcountry
11-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Uh oh Amanda! If you watch Lauren's vid, there's a challenge at the end for you!!

Becca get some of that on video! :D

Becca Staggs
11-11-2011, 01:34 PM

I might do a little re-cap after the eating is over, but since this will be a well deserved meal for Amanda, I dont want her to have to wolf it down.
Plus, this isn't Rx. LOL :p

amanda103
11-11-2011, 01:38 PM

I watched it....and now it's official! Food challenge is on! :fight:

Great vid Lauren! I didn't know you live in Sarnia? That's not too far of a drive from me! I used to go to the bars there sometimes (before I was old enough to drink here!).

Siouxcountry
11-11-2011, 01:39 PM
I might do a little re-cap after the eating is over, but since this will be a well deserved meal for Amanda, I dont want her to have to wolf it down.

Hahaha Good point! Becca slaps the nonsense out of me again! :slap3: :D

amanda103
11-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Oh yeah!!!!! There is this burger place here called Teddys Bigger Burgers...OMG!

Favorite Burger: 9 oz Kanak Attack
Consists of:
-9 oz beef patty
-Onion Rings
-Hashbrowns
-Bacon
-Avacado
-Chedder Cheese
-BBQ sauce

I eat that PLUS loaded fries and a large thick strawberry milkshake!! My husband can't even get thru the burger...Lmao!

I'm soooooo down for a 10 oz burger!!! Bring it!!! :happydance:

Holy crap! That's a lot of food!

Lauren - should we open the challenge to anyone who thinks they can take us?:eat:

amanda103
11-11-2011, 01:42 PM

After 16 weeks of dieting, I'm wolfing down my meal regardless!

Dream Chaser
11-11-2011, 04:05 PM
A lot of the bar areas stay open till 4am fyi.

That's all I needed to know! I have a hard time eating after show one it's so late and two i would need to execute an exit plan as my body goes wacky when I partake of anything outside of clean eating....yes I took clean eating to a whole nother level so my body rejects the typical "post comp" fare. But a drink...oh who am I kidding drinks :p well now that's another story :awesome:

I will be turning 49 on the 22nd so it would be wonderful to have an impromptu BD celebration

LaurenFazio
11-11-2011, 04:41 PM

LOL yah!!!

I watched it....and now it's official! Food challenge is on! :fight:

Great vid Lauren! I didn't know you live in Sarnia? That's not too far of a drive from me! I used to go to the bars there sometimes (before I was old enough to drink here!).

Hey mama!!! I'm originally from Sarnia but I live in London now! And LOL @ the bar hopping in sarnia - not much selection in bars there haha

:D it's on baby!!! I better deplete myself this week so that I can eat a lot next sat LOL

That's all I needed to know! I have a hard time eating after show one it's so late and two i would need to execute an exit plan as my body goes wacky when I partake of anything outside of clean eating....yes I took clean eating to a whole nother level so my body rejects the typical "post comp" fare. But a drink...oh who am I kidding drinks :p well now that's another story :awesome:

I will be turning 49 on the 22nd so it would be wonderful to have an impromptu BD celebration

Happy early birthday girl!!!

Noelle Amber
11-13-2011, 02:11 AM
I'd love to meet up! Going to south beach solo....

Becca Staggs
11-13-2011, 02:16 AM
I will keep and eye out for you backstage. Everyone is invited out after!

Noelle Amber
11-13-2011, 02:20 AM

I'll see u at checkins also! 5 days :)

Cfoster
11-13-2011, 11:55 PM
I'm in for meetup. I'm going to be solo so this would be more fun then me stuffing my face in my hotel room all alone.

LaurenFazio
11-14-2011, 01:49 AM
I'd love to meet up! Going to south beach solo....

Perfect then come to the after party with all of us!!!!!

Holla!

I'm in for meetup. I'm going to be solo so this would be more fun then me stuffing my face in my hotel room all alone.

Yay!!! You come too!!

Can't wait- seriously were gonna have a blast! :hug: :party:

Dream Chaser
11-16-2011, 03:27 PM

Given the # of competitors we wont get out of there till Sun :rofl: so maybe IHOP will be the place to go, or somewhere that is serving brunch till 2:00 p.m.:rolf:

LaurenFazio
11-16-2011, 03:31 PM
OMG no kidding! that is insane! INSANE!

Dream Chaser
11-16-2011, 03:36 PM
OMG no kidding! that is insane! INSANE!

Bananas is what I said. My 16 yrs old is traveling with me, when I tell her how many competitors they are projecting she just may ditch me for the day…can’t say I blame her :no:

Wildfyre14
11-16-2011, 07:32 PM
I'm down for burgers or pizza-whatever is close, easy and open lol :awesome: Wondering how late it will be before women's physique gets out???

AwesomeX
11-16-2011, 11:40 PM
For anyone wanting Cheesecake Factory, but not wanting to trek over to Coconut Grove (which is pointless when you're already on the Beach), there's a Cheesecake Factory knock-off called Next Cafe on Lincoln Road. A warning, though, wait times will be just as insufferable there as Cheesecake factory - possibly even more.

I'm assuming that the event is also going to be held at the Gansevoort. If that's the case, I'd recommend cabbing it over to any restaurant that's not at the Gansevoort, Setai, or Shore Club (Nobu). South Beach is small, but not all that walkable.

There's a steakhouse in the Gansevoort that's really popular right now called STK, and up the street from the Gansevoort is the Fontainbleau where they have Hakkasan (great), Gotham Steak (meh), and Scarpetta (really good). A warning - all of those places at Gansevoort, Shore Club, Setai, and Fontainbleau off Collins Ave. are really pricey.

For something more reasonable, I'd recommend cabbing to Lincoln Road. There are tons of restaurants that have pretty much any cuisine you could look for short of Greek or Indian.

Burger and Beer Joint is IMHO the best burger joint down here, hands down, although I've been told that 5 Napkin Burger on Lincoln Road is better. But, again, B&B gets packed and there could be a wait.

MrsFluffyBunny
11-17-2011, 12:29 AM
All I heard was Cheesecake Factory. I'm in. JK! But I wish... :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

LaurenFazio
11-19-2011, 06:57 PM
http://5napkinburger.com/south-beach-miami

After the women finish we will be there...

If we dont bump into you, come find me...
I am sitting in the orchestra, row HH seat 13

if that makes sense???? thats what my ticket says
come find me if you can not reach me on Twitter or FB