PDA

View Full Version : 2012 IFBB DESERT MUSCLE CLASSIC

JasonLannigan
12-01-2011, 10:52 PM
IFBB Desert Muscle Classic Pro Physique & Bikini

February 25, 2012

WEBSITE.......... CLICK HERE (http://www.desertmuscleclassic.com/)

VENUE.......... CLICK HERE (http://www.desertmuscleclassic.com/)

Mesa Arts Center
One East Main Street
Mesa, Arizona 85201 (http://www.mesaartscenter.com/)

SCHEDULE.......... CLICK HERE (http://www.desertmuscleclassic.com/images/schedule.jpg)

JasonLannigan
12-01-2011, 10:54 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/SC/Desert.png

JasonLannigan
12-01-2011, 10:59 PM
List Of Pro Competitors

PHYSIQUE

Beni Lopez
Dana Linn Bailey
Jillian Reville
Karina Nascimento
LaDrissa Bonivel
Marilena Echohawk
Marina Lopez
Pamela Franklin
Rita Rae
Susan Salazar
Tracy Bodner

BIKINI

Ashley Harbour
Bernadett Matassa
Christina Vargas
Jennifer Chapman
Narmin Assria
Stacey Alexander

www.ifbbpro.com (http://www.ifbbpro.com/)

JillianSR
12-01-2011, 11:47 PM
IM THERE!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAY!!!!!!

JasonLannigan
12-02-2011, 12:01 AM
IM THERE!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAY!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to yours & Tracey Bodner's pro debuts in Phoenix! The show will be here before you know it. :)

JillianSR
12-02-2011, 12:43 AM
I'm looking forward to yours & Tracey Bodner's pro debuts in Phoenix! The show will be here before you know it. :)

i cant wait either!!!!!

IslandGirl
12-06-2011, 06:35 AM
Jilly! You look HOT on that poster chica! Super excited to see you again. We are gonna have so much fun! Yeah!

JillianSR
12-07-2011, 12:22 AM
Jilly! You look HOT on that poster chica! Super excited to see you again. We are gonna have so much fun! Yeah!

Thanks Mama! i cant wait to see ya again too! we def need to hang out when we get there!

im comign in on wed :)

IslandGirl
12-19-2011, 08:48 AM
Thanks Mama! i cant wait to see ya again too! we def need to hang out when we get there!

im comign in on wed :)

Yes! We need to! Cam told me he chatted with you. Wonder what trouble 4 of us can get into? LOL :p

We come in Thurs. We'll have time to cause some havoc. :D

JillianSR
12-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Yes! We need to! Cam told me he chatted with you. Wonder what trouble 4 of us can get into? LOL :p

We come in Thurs. We'll have time to cause some havoc. :D

hahah you know it! and for sure we should eat after the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IslandGirl
12-23-2011, 07:52 AM
hahah you know it! and for sure we should eat after the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg! No question about post show grinds! I'm all for that! Sooo excited! Can't wait!

ParadiseCup
01-07-2012, 09:52 AM
here is Tracy and Marilena last night at Armbrust Pro Gym 7 weeks out

Michelle Brent
01-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Good Luck to my two favorite physique girls! :) Go Jillian and Tracy!

JillianSR
01-12-2012, 10:46 AM

Lov you! goign to be up at golds on monday are you free? or around? i think Melissa might come with me!

IslandGirl
01-12-2012, 01:40 PM

Thank you Michelle! I'm super excited! It'll be fun to see Jilly again and have a blast on stage together.

phoenix2151
01-12-2012, 05:32 PM
ROOTING FOR SUSAN SALAZAR!:D It also her debut as a Pro Physique! She’s gonna be AWESOME!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdo wn::bowdown:

http://www.s2-o.com/Powered-by-S2O.html

IslandGirl
01-13-2012, 08:18 AM
ROOTING FOR SUSAN SALAZAR!:D It also her debut as a Pro Physique! She’s gonna be AWESOME!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdo wn::bowdown:

http://www.s2-o.com/Powered-by-S2O.html

I'm rooting for her too! From one local girl to another.... hana hou!

JasonLannigan
01-16-2012, 09:05 PM
A rumor has been going around that the Desert Muscle Classic may not happen. The rumor is false.

I contacted Stryker.........

Me:

Hi, Stryker, their is a rumor going around that the Desert Muscle Classic may not happen (it was discussed on a radio show). Any truth to this rumor?

Stryker:

No.

lil mama
01-16-2012, 10:14 PM
What radio show was that ?

JasonLannigan
01-16-2012, 10:58 PM
What radio show was that ?

Access Bodybuilding.

lil mama
01-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Ahhh, I see :p So glad to hear the rumor is not true. I wonder where AB heard that rumor and why did he not call up Stryker TO CONFIRM said rumor like you did.

Hmm, good thing ya checked or there would be a lot of young ladies disappointed with 6 wks to go till showtime.

Access Bodybuilding.

JasonLannigan
01-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Ahhh, I see :p So glad to hear the rumor is not true. I wonder where AB heard that rumor and why did he not call up Stryker TO CONFIRM said rumor like you did.

Hmm, good thing ya checked or there would be a lot of young ladies disappointed with 6 wks to go till showtime.

I wonder where Aaron heard that rumor as well. I don't expect him to reveal any sources though. I'm glad the show is on! :awesome: Now I just wish the IFBB Pro League would release a list of competitors. :popcorn:

IslandGirl
01-17-2012, 06:26 AM
I actually got a text from another WP pro and she asked me the same question. Cameron called Stryker last week and he said, no it is still a go. I wonder why all these rumors? Sheesh!

Suzanne
01-20-2012, 11:00 PM
I went to stryker's website 2 days ago and you cannot buy tix for the show. I went to meds art center eebsite does not show on thier sched. Monday i am calling mesa atrs see whats up

liquid sun rayz
01-21-2012, 12:08 AM
We are all set and have our meeting room all lined up for tanning at the Mesa Marriott. I have been in contact with Stryker's co ordinator Daniele as recent as last week, so show is still on :awesome:

JillianSR
01-21-2012, 01:01 AM
We are all set and have our meeting room all lined up for tanning at the Mesa Marriott. I have been in contact with Stryker's co ordinator Daniele as recent as last week, so show is still on :awesome:

Cant wait!!!!!!!!!! im so excited to work with you guys! my first time w liquid sun rayz!

liquid sun rayz
01-21-2012, 04:31 AM
Cant wait!!!!!!!!!! im so excited to work with you guys! my first time w liquid sun rayz!

Look forward to working with you as well Jillian!

Suzanne
01-21-2012, 08:32 PM

That's good news

Altho i do find it strange you can't buy tickets 5 weeks out

tammyp
01-23-2012, 10:02 AM

you will never go back to anything else!

lann1011
01-23-2012, 10:56 PM
It is not listed on the Mesa Art's Center show schedule/site.. any body able to find it there? I couldn't ....

ParadiseCup
01-24-2012, 11:01 AM
http://allevents.in/Mesa/IFBB-Desert-Muscle-Classic-Womens-Physique/184165824997895

lann1011
01-24-2012, 11:41 PM
I meant more on the venue's site.. usually you go on there.. see the event, buy tickets ... voila... I am surprised there are not ticket sales yet... But thanks, glad it is listed somewhere..

Suzanne
01-25-2012, 08:06 PM
No it's not on their site that i could find but if you call you can buy tickets i verified that yesterday

ParadiseCup
01-26-2012, 08:28 AM
https://boxoffice.mesaartscenter.com/Online/default.asp?BOset::WScontent::SearchCriteria::sear ch_criteria=Muscle&doWork::WScontent::search=1

ParadiseCup
01-27-2012, 10:31 AM
IFBB Desert Muscle Classic Package - Includes one ticket for Pre-judging and one ticket for Finals https://boxoffice.mesaartscenter.com/Online/bundleSelect.asp

Total is $77.50 for 1 set as price includes fees

if you were to purchase them separate on the site, a pj and Finals tickets would total $90.

JasonLannigan
02-10-2012, 03:32 AM
Tracy Bodner two weeks out! :awesome:

Suzanne
02-10-2012, 04:31 AM
Tracy Bodner two weeks out! :awesome:

Looking good! can't wait to you see you guys

Michelle Brent
02-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Awesome Tracy!! Good luck too you and all the ladys!!!!

IslandGirl
02-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Looking good! can't wait to you see you guys

Awesome Tracy!! Good luck too you and all the ladys!!!!

Thanks! So excited to step on that stage!

tyjalei
02-12-2012, 11:18 PM
List Of Pro Competitors

PHYSIQUE

Beni Lopez
Dana Linn Bailey
Jennifer Smythe
Jillian Reville
Karina Nascimento
LaDrissa Bonivel
Marilena Echohawk
Marina Lopez
Pamela Franklin
Susan Salazar
Tracy Bodner

BIKINI

Bernadett Matassa
Christina Vargas
Jennifer Chapman
Stacey Alexander

www.ifbbpro.com (http://www.ifbbpro.com/)

she is my IDOL!!! she's the reason what started my interest in the sport!!! YAAAYYY!!!!! ugh.. maybe it'll kick my lazy behind into the right gear again.. i've been lacking motivation. Ive done the self-analyzing, the self-pep talk.. nothing is working..

Michelle Brent
02-17-2012, 03:24 PM
I just saw Jillian last night!!! looking READY!! and very excited to see what happens next week!!!

Michelle Beck
02-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Good luck to all of the SC ladies competing in the first pro physique show! :awesome: I am excited to see Karina back on stage and looking forward to watching the division grow this year.

JasonLannigan
02-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Prejudging is scheduled to start at 10 AM MST (NOON EST) on Saturday Feb 25th...........

http://www.desertmuscleclassic.com/images/schedule.jpg

Suzanne
02-23-2012, 04:30 PM
I am probably stopping by host hotel to see Tracey tonight after my appt with Dusty. :awesome:

JillianSR
02-23-2012, 04:46 PM
I am probably stopping by host hotel to see Tracey tonight after my appt with Dusty. :awesome:

let me know when you get here too!!! xoxo

JasonLannigan
02-23-2012, 04:53 PM

Have Cam email me a pic of all three of you together. :awesome:

Suzanne
02-23-2012, 05:28 PM

Got your pm and number in my phone seeing Dusty at 5:30 then heading that way.

Eboney
02-24-2012, 09:54 PM
It still amazes me that out of ALL the girls who have recieved PRO card for bikini this year how LITTLE are actually entering shows...:nuts::confused: Seems like alot try so hard to get the card and once they do..........:popcorn:

Just makes it a bit:banghead:to a bikini gal like myself,Im going for my card this year,and if I do attain it,Ill be competing as often as I can.Especially with the new rule changes...

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 07:00 AM
Muscular Development's paparazzi photos.... CLICK HERE (http://pics.musculardevelopment.com/index.php?mode=viewphotos&eventcode=1499&paparazzi=yes)

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 07:17 AM
RXMuscle's paparazzi photos.... CLICK HERE (http://gallery.rxmuscle.com/index.php?paparazzi=481)

Ltl Leah
02-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Good luck to all the Ladies!!!!

Femphysiquefan
02-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Best of luck, ladies: may the best competitor win!!! :popcorn: :awesome: :respect:

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 02:08 PM
The show is scheduled to begin in 2 hours. Remember no NPC show is attached to this show, and few competitors will be competing in the pro divisions (I think 22).

Femphysiquefan
02-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Dave Palumbo has written his breakdown and speculations on the Desert Muscle Classic-Pro Physique Division:

http://www.rxmuscle.com/rx-girl-articles/5083-2012-ifbb-desert-muscle-classic-womens-physique-pro-preview.html

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Videos

Shawn Ray interviews Dana Linn Bailey HERE (http://www.musculardevelopment.com/contests/2012-ifbb-desert-muscle-classic/4006-dana-linn-bailey-on-the-eve-of-the-desert-muscle-classic.html) and Jillian Reville HERE (http://www.musculardevelopment.com/contests/2012-ifbb-desert-muscle-classic/4004-jillyrev-with-shawn-ray-on-the-eve-of-the-2012-desert-muscle-classic.html) yesterday. :)

Dream Chaser
02-25-2012, 02:57 PM
UBER excited for WPD...wishing all great success. And a special s/o to the warrior of the keyboard. Thank you for bringing this historical event to my laptop

HollyH.
02-25-2012, 03:08 PM
I am so excited for all of the ladies competing today!! WPD is going to be fun to watch evolve - and it's a serious line up today!! Sad about the bikini turn out - although I like when there isn't a "favored" winner.

So curious who will make history tonight!!

GO LADIES, GOOOOOOO! :awesome:

foxieroxie007
02-25-2012, 03:12 PM
LaDrissa posted this on her FB. Lookin good!

dvsness
02-25-2012, 03:13 PM
The show is scheduled to begin in 2 hours. Remember no NPC show is attached to this show, and few competitors will be competing in the pro divisions (I think 22).

Good, it should be quick! No sitting through endless hours of stuff you're not interested in, lol.

kmcduffie
02-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Excited for today's show. Good luck to all of the ladies!!!

foxieroxie007
02-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Good, it should be quick! No sitting through endless hours of stuff you're not interested in, lol.

:rofl: This is why I love you!

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 03:28 PM
LaDrissa posted this on her FB. Lookin good!

Thanks Roxie! Good luck to LaDrissa, I am curious if she's improved her conditioning from her last show. Looking at that photo it looks like she has. :)

LaurenFazio
02-25-2012, 03:31 PM
HOLLA.... I'm here!!!!!!

GO TRACY GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I text Trace and caught her right on her way to the venue about 30 min ago.

dvsness
02-25-2012, 03:34 PM
:rofl: This is why I love you!

That was the version I edited for content :o :whisper:

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Good to see you all this morning. :hug: Only a few minutes now. I have no idea how long any opening ceremonies will be before prejudging starts. :)

DawnMag
02-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Good to see you all this morning. :hug: Only a few minutes now. I have no idea how long any opening ceremonies will be before prejudging starts. :)

I CANNOT WAIT!
This is so exciting, I'll be hooting and hollaring for so many of the ladies. I can't wait to see how everyone looks this morning. I really wish I was in AZ. SC is the next best thing to being there.

THANKS JASON!
:awesome:

cici_kyle
02-25-2012, 04:01 PM
:popcorn:

JSEK
02-25-2012, 04:01 PM
:waving::popcorn:

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 04:02 PM
I CANNOT WAIT!
This is so exciting, I'll be hooting and hollaring for so many of the ladies. I can't wait to see how everyone looks this morning. I really wish I was in AZ. SC is the next best thing to being there.

THANKS JASON!
:awesome:

Thanks, I am not there of course but I will post what news I can find. :)

teacherpump
02-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Sooo exciting!Wish I could be there,but this is next best thing!:popcorn:So many ladies we all know and love! Best of luck to all of them!

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Interesting, Darrem Charles entered the men's 212 division yesterday, but pulled out this morning. Hmmmm

DJudy
02-25-2012, 04:08 PM
:popcorn:::waving:

Michelle Brent
02-25-2012, 04:10 PM
^^^^ saw that. I can't believe there are only 4 guys, that is the worse turnout for men I've ever seen!!
Let's go ladies!!!

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 04:12 PM
Women's Physique is up first.

Dave Palumbo from RXMsucle.com........

DANA LINN BAILEY: complete package…. Much more ripped than when she turned pro. Great delts…… ripped abs. Tan Is perfect. Back is ripped. Her legs definitely improved. Will they think she’s too hard? I think she’s perfect.

TRACY BODNER: love the lime green suit….. very well balanced. Great calved. Capped delts. Good back double. Good presentation. Waist can be a little dryer. Excellent improvements

LADRISSA BONIVEL: great genetics. Capped delts. Good leg size….lower body can be tighter..especially glutes…… she might be a little too big………..just needs to drop a little bodyfat.

MARILENA ECHOHAWK: improved from her pro card winning performance last year. Back has improved. I still would like to see her glutes tighter. Good quads. Presentation can be a little smoother.

PAMELA FRANKLIN: former bodybuilder, won Masters Team Universe title. Has softened up a bit but is still packing a lot of muscle…too much? Glutes have lines in them (not necessarily good in this division). Ripped abs, capped delts.

BENI LOPEZ: Former NPC LW BBing champ… great structure…….. very ripped……….glutes striated………way too hard for this class. If she was a tad softer she’d be perfect for this class.

MARINA LOPEZ: great shape and structure. Great legs…… capped delts…… very feminine presentation… I like her look for physique.

KARINA NASCIMENTO: former bbing champ. Great stage presentation. Super sexy… nice balance to her body….. great “look” for physique…

RITA RAE: Former LW BBing champ. Cute physique but needs to be harder..

JILLIAN REVILLE: crazy capped delts……. Great structure….. presentation is excellent. Pecs are striated……not sure that’s a problem or not. Great back double biceps…… I love JILLIAN’s stage presence. Biceps are a little flat.

SUSAN SALAZAR: Former Figure Pro. Added some great muscle…….. legs are jacked…….great calves….. think quads Good delts……. impressive

Becca Staggs
02-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Woo hoo! This is awesome yaaaaa trace

Becca Staggs
02-25-2012, 04:18 PM
That was the version I edited for content :o :whisper:

Fixt: I'm so happy that there are not many bikini girls! What a waste of my time, and a pro card.I hate bikinI."

Lol. :o

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 04:18 PM
From Cameron. :camera:

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Dave Palumbo from RXMsucle.com........

DANA LINN BAILEY: complete package…. Much more ripped than when she turned pro. Great delts…… ripped abs. Tan Is perfect. Back is ripped. Her legs definitely improved. Will they think she’s too hard? I think she’s perfect.

TRACY BODNER: love the lime green suit….. very well balanced. Great calved. Capped delts. Good back double. Good presentation. Waist can be a little dryer. Excellent improvements

LADRISSA BONIVEL: great genetics. Capped delts. Good leg size….lower body can be tighter..especially glutes…… she might be a little too big………..just needs to drop a little bodyfat.

MARILENA ECHOHAWK: improved from her pro card winning performance last year. Back has improved. I still would like to see her glutes tighter. Good quads. Presentation can be a little smoother.

PAMELA FRANKLIN: former bodybuilder, won Masters Team Universe title. Has softened up a bit but is still packing a lot of muscle…too much? Glutes have lines in them (not necessarily good in this division). Ripped abs, capped delts.

BENI LOPEZ: Former NPC LW BBing champ… great structure…….. very ripped……….glutes striated………way too hard for this class. If she was a tad softer she’d be perfect for this class.

MARINA LOPEZ: great shape and structure. Great legs…… capped delts…… very feminine presentation… I like her look for physique.

KARINA NASCIMENTO: former bbing champ. Great stage presentation. Super sexy… nice balance to her body….. great “look” for physique…

RITA RAE: Former LW BBing champ. Cute physique but needs to be harder..

JILLIAN REVILLE: crazy capped delts……. Great structure….. presentation is excellent. Pecs are striated……not sure that’s a problem or not. Great back double biceps…… I love JILLIAN’s stage presence. Biceps are a little flat.

SUSAN SALAZAR: Former Figure Pro. Added some great muscle…….. legs are jacked…….great calves….. think quads Good delts……. impressive

Michelle Brent
02-25-2012, 04:22 PM
Ok here we go who's going to be called in first call out????:popcorn:

kaytikat
i <3 that lime green suit!

JasonLannigan
PRO PHYSIQUE

1st call out

Karina Nascimento, Jillian Reville, Marilena Echohawk

Karina is the favorite.

2nd call out

Jillian Reville, Dana Linn Bailey, Marilena Echohawk

3rd call out

Beni Lopez, Dana Linn Bailey, Marina Lopez, Susan Salazar

4th call out

LaDrissa Bonivel, Pamela Franklin, Rita Rae, Tracy Bodner

5th call out

Dana Linn Bailey, Jillian Reville, Karina Nascimento, Marilena Echohawk

Karina & Jillian in the middle.

Becca Staggs
02-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Interesting that some of Dave's predictions arent in the first call out. It usually seems like he's pretty on par with the judging

DawnMag
02-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Sounds like the competition is going to be tough from DP's comments. That is AWESOME! :respect:

DawnMag
02-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Interesting that some of Dave's predictions arent in the first call out. It usually seems like he's pretty on par with the judging

I was surprised, too after reading his comments. Should be very interesting. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Michelle Brent
02-25-2012, 04:33 PM
Remember Dave loves the "ripped look" he's got to get away from that, judging WP!! I like that the top 3 all have the same structure, and that is the"Look" they wnt and shoud stick with from here on out!!

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 04:34 PM
PRO PHYSIQUE

1st call out

Karina is the favorite.

2nd call out

3rd call out

4th call out

5th call out

Femphysiquefan
02-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Starting to post pics on MD.........:popcorn:

http://pics.musculardevelopment.com/index.php?mode=contest&eventcode=1499

Fleur
02-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Good luck to all the ladies but Jill is my girl sooo...

Go Jill Go!

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Good luck to all the ladies but Jill is my girl sooo...

Go Jill Go!

Jillian will likely place 2nd, which is awesome!

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Only 6 women in pro bikini.

Ashley Harbour
Bernadett Matassa
Christina Vargas
Jennifer Chapman
Narmin Assria
Stacey Alexander

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Only 6 women in pro bikini.

Ashley Harbour
Bernadett Matassa
Christina Vargas
Jennifer Chapman
Narmin Assria
Stacey Alexander

Only one call out. Stacey in the middle.

Dream Chaser
02-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Sweetness

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Isaac's tweet about Dana Linn Bailey below. I don't believe Dana ever said she was going to win this show? Am I wrong? Dana has been sharing her journey with her fans, and I think her fans appreciate that.

foxieroxie007
02-25-2012, 04:53 PM
:popcorn: pics!

Speaking of which... Fleur wth?! :rofl: Love the avi.

DawnMag
02-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Remember Dave loves the "ripped look" he's got to get away from that, judging WP!! I like that the top 3 all have the same structure, and that is the"Look" they wnt and shoud stick with from here on out!!

Great point, Michelle. I am guilty of picking out the more lean, "ripped" competitors as favorites to win, myself, regardless of the division.

kaytikat
02-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Isaac's tweet about Dana Linn Bailey below. I don't believe Dana ever said she was going to win this show? Am I wrong? Dana has been sharing her journey with her fans, and I think her fans appreciate that.

Boy, he's just all sunshine and rainbows isn't he? No offense to the winner, but I'm still going to follow DLB's journey because she's interesting and open and I can't wait to see what she does after this.

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Our moderator Tracy Bodner! I am so proud of her! :respect:

Fleur
02-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Lol. Isaac seems tangy as hell this morning! Tickety-tang!

DawnMag
02-25-2012, 05:00 PM

Doesn't everyone train to do their very best and train to win at the pro level? I thought the comment was a dig and uncalled for. I think that so many of the pros that we have out there today, across all divisions, are using the social media to grow their fan base and help them make a living, and inspire others - and there is nothing wrong with that! There are a lot of people out there that appreciate everything they do for the sport.

foxieroxie007
02-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Tracy looks awesome.

Dana didn't hype herself, she just markets herself better than most and has an awesome and inserting personality which makes her likeable. She never said that she was going to win.

Fleur
02-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Our moderator Tracy Bodner! I am so proud of her! :respect:

She looks so happy!! Yay Tracey! :) She's been busting her ass!!

That suit makes me want sherbert! I like it!

Go Trac!

Fleur
02-25-2012, 05:02 PM
:popcorn: pics!

Speaking of which... Fleur wth?! :rofl: Love the avi.

I did the Dada.

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Boy, he's just all sunshine and rainbows isn't he? No offense to the winner, but I'm still going to follow DLB's journey because she's interesting and open and I can't wait to see what she does after this.

He sure is. She may place as high as third. I'm sure Dana will be cool with that.

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 05:05 PM
Doesn't everyone train to do their very best and train to win at the pro level? I thought the comment was a dig and uncalled for. I think that so many of the pros that we have out there today, across all divisions, are using the social media to grow their fan base and help them make a living, and inspire others - and there is nothing wrong with that! There are a lot of people out there that appreciate everything they do for the sport.

I love that she has built a huge fan base, and she still takes time to post on SC. :) I want to see more women become powerhouses in this industry.

Dana didn't hype herself, she just markets herself better than most and has an awesome and inserting personality which makes her likeable. She never said that she was going to win.

Agreed.

foxieroxie007
02-25-2012, 05:05 PM
Ok Karina.... I'm def a fan. I really love her look. :bowdown: Great conditioning and from the pics she rocked the hell out of her routine.

cici_kyle
02-25-2012, 05:07 PM
So what if she did say she was going to win (which i don't know that she ever did from what i've seen)????

I always say I'm going to win before every show I enter - thats what the heck i'm competing for: TO WIN!!!

in other news: there is a lot of talk on musculardevelopment's forum about Karina ...I personally love DLB's look and I think Jill looks AMAZING from the photos (I mean total package with hair, makeup, tan, suit, and physique)

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 05:08 PM
Ok Karina.... I'm def a fan. I really love her look. :bowdown: Great conditioning and from the pics she rocked the hell out of her routine.

I knew so little about her. I really like her back double biceps. She even got away a lat spread.

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 05:11 PM
in other news: there is a lot of talk on musculardevelopment's forum about Karina ...I personally love DLB's look and I think Jill looks AMAZING from the photos (I mean total package with hair, makeup, tan, suit, and physique)

Jillian will be thrilled at doing so well here! :awesome: I really like her signature pose. :)

LaurenFazio
02-25-2012, 05:15 PM
wow Tracy looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! so proud of her!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great job mama!!!! xoxoxo :kiss: :kiss:

LaurenFazio
02-25-2012, 05:16 PM
and congrats to Jill!! HOLYYYYY what a physique!!! :bowdown:

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Beni Lopez is the first woman to compete in pro BB, figure & physique! She may be to big for this division to get 1st call out, but she's awesome! :respect:

dvsness
02-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Fixt: I'm so happy that there are not many bikini girls! What a waste of my time, and a pro card.I hate bikinI."

Lol. :o

Well, that and I can do without the 73 divisions in NPC shows with all the Teen, Novice and Masters included.

i <3 that lime green suit!

x2

Lol. Isaac seems tangy as hell this morning! Tickety-tang!

Tracy looks awesome.

Indeed.

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Isaac, traffic is not all I care about. Don't let our little site get to you Sir. :waving:

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 05:35 PM
For those of you wondering why I don't tweet Isaac back. He does not receive any comments I tweet, as he blocked me. He can tweet what he wants, but I have the right as any of us do to comment on them.

Isaac's most recent tweets on Dana. If below is what he meant he should have been more clear.

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 05:41 PM
This is the best I have seen Dana look on stage. I actually like the flower in the hair. :)

LaurenFazio
02-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Beni mama you look friggin awesome too!!!!!!!!!! wowza!!!!!!! gorgeous suit too lady! :respect:

dvsness
02-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Any comparison pics yet?

I really like what Dana brought, even if I hate flowers!

Steve Wennerstrom
02-25-2012, 06:01 PM
I knew so little about her. I really like her back double biceps. She even got away a lat spread.I'm kinda surprised I was the only one who picked Karina to win. She was a terrific bodybuilder 9 years ago and she has maintained a beautiful level of conditioning, even after giving birth to three children since 2006! Two thumbs up!

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 06:10 PM
2012 IFBB DESERT MUSCLE CLASSIC PRO PHYSIQUE

1st call out - Marilena Echohawk, Karina Nascimento, Jillian Reville

kaytikat
02-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Any comparison pics yet?

I really like what Dana brought, even if I hate flowers!

She did something similar when she won her procard with a cooridinating barette I think. I'm not a fan of the suit color, but that's a personal preference. Orange and red tones seem to blend too much with the skin tone for me. probably why I'm so in love with tracy's suit. If I could get away with neon green....lol

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 06:13 PM

2nd call out - Marilena Echohawk, Dana Linn Bailey, Jillian Reville

jewelisa
02-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Karina is striking and her eyes captivate. However some shots she looks like wee neck.

Now what will we see in 3 weeks in St. Louis ??? This is gonna be an interesting season to say the least !

JillianSR
02-25-2012, 06:15 PM
hey everyone! what an exciting day!

everyone said i needed to soften up over the past few days and i did because that is what they were telling us to do, that the really hard girls wont be rewarded, so i softened up as best i could and i am pleased with how i looked. would i wanted to come in ooking like i did 2 days ago, YES but its not what they want. gotta give em what they want~

jewelisa
02-25-2012, 06:21 PM

everyone said i needed to soften up over the past few days and i did because that is what they were telling us to do, that the really hard girls wont be rewarded, so i softened up as best i could and i am peased with how i looked. would i wanted to come in ooking like i did 2 days ago, YES but its not what they want. gotta give em what they want~

you look amazing !!!!!

foxieroxie007
02-25-2012, 06:23 PM
You looked great up there chica. And as a former dancer, I die a little every time I see you point your foot! You have what we call Hooks! #gorgeous

teacherpump
02-25-2012, 06:23 PM
Everyone looked amazing but Jillian's posing was soo perfect and on point!:bowdown:

Miss2toned
02-25-2012, 06:33 PM
The pro WP ladies looked stunning. I really like this division and hope it takes off like crazy this year. Congrats to Dana, Tracy, Jillian, and Beni....you all looked beauitful and carried those muscles with class and style.

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 06:34 PM

3rd call out - Susan Salazar, Dana Linn Bailey, Marina Lopez, Beni Lopez

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 06:38 PM

4th call out - Rita Rae, Pamela Franklin, LaDrissa Bonivel, Tracy Bodner

CarrieAnnSimmons
02-25-2012, 06:40 PM
All the ladies look AMAZING!!!!!

Side note, if I were built like Beni, I'd NEVER wear clothes. GOD I want her physique

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 06:42 PM

5th call out - Dana Linn Bailey, Jillian Reville, Karina Nascimento, Marilena Echohawk

IRONBULL
02-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Jillian Reville #1 :cool:

kaytikat
02-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Karina is striking and her eyes captivate. However some shots she looks like wee neck.

Now what will we see in 3 weeks in St. Louis ??? This is gonna be an interesting season to say the least !

Hubby said she looks like Jlo if Jlo were built and epic.

Erik
02-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Very interesting ... so what are we thinking is the 'look'? DLB too hard/muscular as one example?

IRONBULL
02-25-2012, 06:48 PM
http://pics.musculardevelopment.com/index.php?mode=contest&contestcode=470

dvsness
02-25-2012, 06:53 PM

Side note, if I were built like Beni, I'd NEVER wear clothes. GOD I want her physique

Right??

Erik
02-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Beni looks amazing!

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 06:58 PM
Pro Bikini only 6 competitors.

Only one call out - Ashley Harbour, Narmin Assria, Stacey Alexander, Jennifer Chapman, Christina Vargas, Bernadett Matassa

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 07:05 PM

everyone said i needed to soften up over the past few days and i did because that is what they were telling us to do, that the really hard girls wont be rewarded, so i softened up as best i could and i am pleased with how i looked. would i wanted to come in ooking like i did 2 days ago, YES but its not what they want. gotta give em what they want~

You did fantastic Jill! We understand why you soften up. :)

JillianSR
02-25-2012, 07:18 PM
You did fantastic Jill! We understand why you soften up. :)

thanks so much for all your support! and the softer look isnt that bad! ;) im learning to like it!

sassy69
02-25-2012, 07:27 PM

:bowdown:

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Finals is in 4 hours. 5:00 PM PST / 8:00 PM EST. :)

sassy69
02-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Congratulations ladies! You're setting the new bar! :respect:

Kim
02-25-2012, 08:08 PM
:respect: to you fine strong women for gracing their stage with your loveliness!!! From soft to hard, etc, you've all worked so fucking hard to get there that I bow down to you! :bowdown: placings be damned!

I remember Bob describing the WPD look way back, softer etc... and it seems like the judging is in line with that? Personal preferences aside I like that continuity in the organization. Set a goal/parameters and be true to them which has been hard in the past to often see happening. If they can keep the walk and the talk the same then I'm happy. Its the moving target and doublespeak and wtf judging v. what the org says that drives me mental.

Che
02-25-2012, 08:50 PM
wow what a great lineup!! so many awesome physiques. was just watching the video of the callouts Susie Fuller posted on FB. I cannot keep my eyes off of Jillian!! :bowdown::bowdown: She looks incredible - conditioning, posing, suit, structure, poise. I'm such a stan :awesome:

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 08:57 PM
wow what a great lineup!! so many awesome physiques. was just watching the video of the callouts Susie Fuller posted on FB. I cannot keep my eyes off of Jillian!! :bowdown::bowdown: She looks incredible - conditioning, posing, suit, structure, poise. I'm such a stan :awesome:

Cool beans!

QBgheCdphQA

lann1011
02-25-2012, 09:01 PM
thanks so much for all your support! and the softer look isnt that bad! ;) im learning to like it!

I have problems with being hard.. soft is easy :) Jilly looked awesome.. I love Dana's build and I want to have Karina's butt!

REVERX
02-25-2012, 09:07 PM
PRO PHYSIQUE

1st call out

Karina is the favorite.

2nd call out

3rd call out

4th call out

5th call out

I really thought Jillian was going to win this(She still might, who knows??). But, from the spefs and pics, it looks like this is Karina's day.

Playswithrocks
02-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Wow, LOVE Tracy's suit!

I 2nd what was said about Beni's physique. :D I'm a pretty modest person, but I'd flaunt that physique like crazy!

My preference for the WP would be to have Dana, Beni, Tracy... some of the harder gals up in the top ranks. But, seeing what they are looking for, I'd give the win to Jillian. I understand that for WP, they want a bit softer look, and I think Jillian brought it. Softening up over the last couple days was obviously a wise move! I like Jillian's total package better than the other two in the 1st callout.

All in all, I'm way impressed. Not one of these women look unready by any stretch of the imagination. It's a stage full of awesome physiques and a lot of variety.

sassy69
02-25-2012, 09:13 PM
I have problems with being hard.. soft is easy :) Jilly looked awesome.. I love Dana's build and I want to have Karina's butt!

I'm so sorry & I mean no offense to any of these amazing competitors, but if soft is easy, what's the point? Does that justify "Pro" level anything?

OK.. off my soapbox.

IslandPower
02-25-2012, 09:16 PM
It was made clear that WP wasn't BB but I'd hope it wouldn't be Figure either...I hope in future shows there is more of a distinction! Also just my two cents WP should remove the Ab/thigh pose if they are not going to require it in the top three placings. Congrats to all the ladies...

sassy69
02-25-2012, 09:20 PM
It was made clear that WP wasn't BB but I'd hope it wouldn't be Figure either...I hope in future shows there is more of a distinction! Also just my two cents WP should remove the Ab/thigh pose if they are not going to require it in the top three placings. Congrats to all the ladies...

:bowdown:

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 09:20 PM
I'm so sorry & I mean no offense to any of these amazing competitors, but if soft is easy, what's the point? Does that justify "Pro" level anything?

OK.. off my soapbox.

The judges want some to be softer, but how soft? How many of us have seen competitors soften up and place just as bad or worse. Jillian soften up enough to place very well here. Maybe if she would have soften up more she wouldn't have been in 1st call out. I think it is difficult for many to find that balance in conditioning that pleases the judges.

missmar
02-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Thanks for posting the show round for round.

sassy69
02-25-2012, 09:26 PM
The judges want some to be softer, but how soft? How many of us have seen competitors soften up and place just as bad or worse. Jillian soften up enough to place very well here. Maybe if she would have soften up more she wouldn't have been in 1st call out. I think it is difficult for many to find that balance in conditioning that pleases the judges.

I like continuity & logic. If they are going to split up categories w/ as many flavors as they have, they really need to have distinct lines of division. I have not seen this. And "soft"-- what is Bikini & Figure? They are both already softer. (Even those... too soft IMO.) How much softer do you need? Is this to make the judges more comfortable w/ their own sexuality or to give female physique athletes a place to evolve to?

again, apologies and stepping down from my soap box again.

MrsSims
02-25-2012, 09:29 PM
I absolutely love all of the looks of the ladies.. IMO, I prefer the hard, peeled, conditioned.. above all.. However, thats not the criteria Bob C. wanted for this division. I do believe that Jilly Jill, was on point with the direction of the judges by coming in a bit softer. Her beauty, poise, and symmetry is Beautiful and definitely defines the guidelines of WPD. While so many people are upset with my opinion of DLB (LOVE LOVE her physique) being too hard, or not in for 1st place.. I'm just going by what the judges said from the beginning of what they were looking for. And also, I do agree with the ab/thigh pose.. All top 3 didn't have block abs for that pose.. I do think it should be removed.

On another note, if I could look like Sassy, be as sexy, have the long hair, and perfect symetry, i'd pick her look above all! ;)

sassy69
02-25-2012, 09:37 PM
I absolutely love all of the looks of the ladies.. IMO, I prefer the hard, peeled, conditioned.. above all.. However, thats not the criteria Bob C. wanted for this division. I do believe that Jilly Jill, was on point with the direction of the judges by coming in a bit softer. Her beauty, poise, and symmetry is Beautiful and definitely defines the guidelines of WPD. While so many people are upset with my opinion of DLB (LOVE LOVE her physique) being too hard, or not in for 1st place.. I'm just going by what the judges said from the beginning of what they were looking for. And also, I do agree with the ab/thigh pose.. All top 3 didn't have block abs for that pose.. I do think it should be removed.

On another note, if I could look like Sassy, be as sexy, have the long hair, and perfect symetry, i'd pick her look above all! ;)

Hair extensions & a great stylist baby! :awesome:

Completely off on a side note.. I have this amazing colorist (who is also a PLer .. I love her - she's the only female around here who lifts big!) who I happened to start talking to about hair extensions because my stupid hair is so fine and I wanted length & thickness. She found me some 2 ft long straight blonde "European" hair extensions. As I understand, extensions are usually Asian or Indian hair, which totally doesn't match the texture of my hair would look totally weird. So as I'm sitting in the chair getting these amazing extensions, and the first thing that comes to my mind is how some poor little Swedish girl had to sell her hair to get money for bread for her family. LOLZ! Hopefully that wasn't the case. :p

MrsSims
02-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Hair extensions & a great stylist baby! :awesome:

Completely off on a side note.. I have this amazing colorist (who is also a PLer .. I love her - she's the only female around here who lifts big!) who I happened to start talking to about hair extensions because my stupid hair is so fine and I wanted length & thickness. She found me some 2 ft long straight blonde "European" hair extensions. As I understand, extensions are usually Asian or Indian hair, which totally doesn't match the texture of my hair would look totally weird. So as I'm sitting in the chair getting these amazing extensions, and the first thing that comes to my mind is how some poor little Swedish girl had to sell her hair to get money for bread for her family. LOLZ! Hopefully that wasn't the case. :p

I'm so scared to get extensions for my next show.. Did you have yours glued or stitched? Oh and i'm not new to knowing you Sassy!! I'm also on Rx, remember me? I have the clip on extensions, not sure where they are from (but are real hair).. I found this awesome little gay guy in my area, and lets just say hes an absolute gem! His prices are outstanding and he knowd my hair and what I want done without me even saying anything.. He also does all of the fitness competitors in the area, so his salon has tons of water, microwave, which is so accomodating to us.. This figure gal im friends with got glued extensions, color, highlights, and blowdry/iron for $115.. thats a total steal! I can't wait! :D

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Thanks for posting the show round for round.

You're welcome. :)

I like continuity & logic. If they are going to split up categories w/ as many flavors as they have, they really need to have distinct lines of division. I have not seen this. And "soft"-- what is Bikini & Figure? They are both already softer. (Even those... too soft IMO.) How much softer do you need? Is this to make the judges more comfortable w/ their own sexuality or to give female physique athletes a place to evolve to?

again, apologies and stepping down from my soap box again.

I appreciate your posts Sassy. You always post with great intelligence. :) I think most women in physique would prefer the judges to award a harder look in their division.

sassy69
02-25-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm so scared to get extensions for my next show.. Did you have yours glued or stitched? Oh and i'm not new to knowing you Sassy!! I'm also on Rx, remember me? I have the clip on extensions, not sure where they are from (but are real hair).. I found this awesome little gay guy in my area, and lets just say hes an absolute gem! His prices are outstanding and he knowd my hair and what I want done without me even saying anything.. He also does all of the fitness competitors in the area, so his salon has tons of water, microwave, which is so accomodating to us.. This figure gal im friends with got glued extensions, color, highlights, and blowdry/iron for $115.. thats a total steal! I can't wait! :D

In fact my extensions were neither - each strand has a bead that gets clamped onto a section of my own hair. So to take them out, my stylist had a tool to loosen them bead and the extension comes out. I was always careful about anything that pulled on them - as I mentioned I have fine hair so the beads would slip and the strand would come out. But I kept a baggie ready so I could keep the lost strands and went back once / month to get them put back in and also to address any rat's nesting that might've started on little hairs as the point where the bead was attached, started growing out. If I didn't get these taken care of early, I'd end up w/ a big knot as the hair grew out.

W/ maintenance I've gone up to 5-6 months w/ the extensions. I've used the same hair for 3 rounds of application & removal. The hair is not damaged at all - if anything its thing that holds the strands together that would come off. My stylist repaired any that had that problem, and otherwise stored the hair for me - she kept it flat ironed to keep it in good shape. The initial hair set itself was around $200, and she just charges me her hourly rate to put them in ( usually around 2-3 hours --- the time is getting faster as she gets better at it) and free maintenance because I was the one that brought the idea to her & she wanted to learn - so I'm generally the guinea pig as well. She just does great work and not once have I had any remaining hair damage. If I'd have to have gone w/ glue or weaving, my hair would've been destroyed.

The other plus of doing this is that my real hair has been able to grow out to almost the same length finally. I still don't have the thickness of the extensions, but I do have the length. I LOVE it! Spent a lifetime trying to grow my hair out.

For the next time around, she's recently gotten hair that is more like the snap-in stuff where its full strips instead of strands. This should mean it will stay in better w/ less bead maintenance. Really looking forward to trying this this summer!

sassy69
02-25-2012, 10:22 PM
You're welcome. :)

I appreciate your posts Sassy. You always post with great intelligence. :) I think most women in physique would prefer the judges to award a harder look in their division.

Thx Jason.. I am old school, even tho I'm not pro level. I started lifting when Jane Fonda was hot and women were still told they should either not be lifting or should go to the "women's section" if they were going to do it. IMO there's nothing more offensive (and motivating!) than being told you can't do something because you're female. I respect the difference between "male" and "female" but women should define what is beautiful as a female ATHLETE. If you want tits & ass, then go to a strip club. That has nothing to do w/ being an athlete. And it would be nice if there was a supported and viable path upward for women who want to continue lifting. I'm sorry but its in inevitable fact that when you train, muscles develop. Its weird to me to be told its better to step backward than forward. And as was called out "soft" is easy. Does that make a 12 minute mile, Olympic material? Should we give everyone a trophy so no one feels bad? What is this? Kindergarten?

Anyway .. this is a rant at something that we already debate as a "sport", and absolutely NOT at the athletes. One thing about when I started lifting - Rachel McLish & Corey Everson were these amazing images on the covers of magazines. These days, I'm privileged to say I personally know many of today's counterparts to Rachel & Corey, and I can vouch for their work ethic and dedication. THAT is what is beautiful and what separates them from the rest of the world.

Michelle Beck
02-25-2012, 10:38 PM
I have been getting my butt kicked this morning by IFBB Physique Pro Sheliahe Brown, so I am just now getting to check in on the coverage! :p I am so glad to see Karina back on stage and she looks amazing after all of these years; we used to train at the same gym back in 2002-2003 when she competed in BB. I think all of the ladies look great! :respect: I am interested to continue watching the division grow and change from show to show.

Congrats to all of the ladies that competed in the first ever IFBB Pro Physique show! :awesome:

teacherpump
02-25-2012, 10:44 PM
Thx Jason.. I am old school, even tho I'm not pro level. I started lifting when Jane Fonda was hot and women were still told they should either not be lifting or should go to the "women's section" if they were going to do it. IMO there's nothing more offensive (and motivating!) than being told you can't do something because you're female. I respect the difference between "male" and "female" but women should define what is beautiful as a female ATHLETE. If you want tits & ass, then go to a strip club. That has nothing to do w/ being an athlete. And it would be nice if there was a supported and viable path upward for women who want to continue lifting. I'm sorry but its in inevitable fact that when you train, muscles develop. Its weird to me to be told its better to step backward than forward. And as was called out "soft" is easy. Does that make a 12 minute mile, Olympic material? Should we give everyone a trophy so no one feels bad? What is this? Kindergarten?

Anyway .. this is a rant at something that we already debate as a "sport", and absolutely NOT at the athletes. One thing about when I started lifting - Rachel McLish & Corey Everson were these amazing images on the covers of magazines. These days, I'm privileged to say I personally know many of today's counterparts to Rachel & Corey, and I can vouch for their work ethic and dedication. THAT is what is beautiful and what separates them from the rest of the world.

Amen Sista! Rachel...:bowdown:

AshleyMina
02-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Wow!!! these women look so beautiful! i liked the second call outs line up personally. holy crap they all looked so beautiful. i enjoyed watching them pose!!! i especially liked how classy and personal each pose was. and man, who wouldn't want asses like theirs! they were all pretty amazing!!!

JasonLannigan
02-25-2012, 10:54 PM

Good points Sassy! :)

Here is video of physique last call out, the one with the top 4, and the one bikini call out...........

VIDEO LINK (http://www.rxmuscle.com/videos/c-interviews/5086-2012-ifbb-desert-muscle-classic-mens-212,-bikini,-womens-physique-video-comparisons.html)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/SC/ScreenShot2012-02-25at55013PM.png (http://www.rxmuscle.com/videos/c-interviews/5086-2012-ifbb-desert-muscle-classic-mens-212,-bikini,-womens-physique-video-comparisons.html)

MrsFluffyBunny
02-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Tracy looks awesome.

wow Tracy looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! so proud of her!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great job mama!!!! xoxoxo :kiss: :kiss:

and congrats to Jill!! HOLYYYYY what a physique!!! :bowdown:

Beni Lopez is the first woman to compete in pro BB, figure & physique! She may be to big for this division to get 1st call out, but she's awesome! :respect:

This is the best I have seen Dana look on stage. I actually like the flower in the hair. :)

Nothing much to add to the above! :awesome:

Dana has the best abs, hands down.

Didances
02-25-2012, 11:28 PM
I think everyone's said what I would say...

Tracy looks amazing and I love love love the suit! Whoever said if they had Beni's physique they'd flaunt it all the time is dead on. OMG! :bowdown: Jillian looks incredible. Couldn't take my eyes off her.

I didn't know a lot about Karina before but I'm blown away and definitely a fan now. Dana looks great too. Love her build. Love it.

Congrats to all of the women who competed!:respect:

cici_kyle
02-26-2012, 12:09 AM
After watching the video I must agree with everyone who has questioned the overhead abs pose - DLB is the only one that shows anything when they do it. Whats the point? The video gives it to Jill IMO. Karina looks a little figure-ish to me (with a slightly bigger upper body). Jill's back overhead bicep open hand leg out thingie (idk the names of the poses but you feel me) - is friggin awesome. Karina has no back (in comparison i mean). I like the lady on the far right during the callout as well (don't know her name). Its gonna be a close one - I can't wait to see the scorecard

and in case i haven't mentioned it - I want Dana Lynn Bailey's body. I would buy extra mirrors and walk around naked all day if i had it

JasonLannigan
02-26-2012, 12:20 AM
The women are doing there routines.

Beni Lopez
Dana Linn Bailey
Jillian Reville
Karina Nascimento
LaDrissa Bonivel
Marilena Echohawk
Marina Lopez
Pamela Franklin
Rita Rae
Susan Salazar
Tracy Bodner

Debbie Barrable IFBB Pro
02-26-2012, 12:20 AM
I'm kinda surprised I was the only one who picked Karina to win. She was a terrific bodybuilder 9 years ago and she has maintained a beautiful level of conditioning, even after giving birth to three children since 2006! Two thumbs up!

:D

JasonLannigan
02-26-2012, 12:26 AM
Dave Palumbo's thoughts on our mod Tracy Bodner's evening routine.......

TRACY BODNER: great lime green suit...... routine is right on the beat........ looks more polished tonight..... using 60s music.........very cute routine. I would have placed her higher than her callouts this morning..

I agree. I would have liked to have seen Tracy in a higher call out this afternoon.

sassy69
02-26-2012, 12:34 AM
Three completely raw & immediate thoughts I had watching the call out video:

1) Karina's transitions & poses = DEAD SEXAY

2) Would LOVE to see Dana's legs cut up. I know its not the criteria, just one of those things I'd love to see!

3) So cool to see Beni on stage.. makes me smile!

fitbecks
02-26-2012, 12:35 AM
This class has got me excited again about female bodybuilding,its a perfect cross between figure and the hardcore muscle ladies and they all looked so feminine up there today! But I love Jill's look,she knows how to present her physique to its strengths and her signature pose is so cute! Dana looked fantastic but maybe a little harder than what the judges are after?

ShawnCarla
02-26-2012, 12:36 AM
Couldn't keep my eyes of Jill in that video... she's got stage presence!

JasonLannigan
02-26-2012, 12:44 AM
Tonight's call outs.

1st - Karina Nascimento, Jillian Reville & Marilena Echohawk

2nd - Beni Lopez, Susan Salazar, Dana Linn Bailey & Marina Lopez

3rd - Tracy Bodner, LaDrissa Bonivel, Rita Rae & Pamela Franklin

buffbabeGA
02-26-2012, 12:51 AM
WOMENS PHYSIQUE PRO AWARDS

3rd PLACE JILLIAN REVILLE $500

2nd PLACE MARILENA ECHOHAWK $1000

1st PLACE KARINA NASCIMENTO $1500

JasonLannigan
02-26-2012, 12:53 AM
PRO PHYSIQUE

1. Karina Nascimento
2. Marilena Echohawk
3. Jillian Reville

Michelle Brent
02-26-2012, 12:54 AM
I think Jillian should of had 2nd. Marlena's lower belly was a distraction for me and I felt a tab too soft in lower body! But they are sticking to the rules!!

Fleur
02-26-2012, 01:00 AM
Yayayayay! Jill! I agree with Michelle! I thought Jill looked flawless! However, her placing is fn awesome!

Congrats to ALL the ladies!

REVERX
02-26-2012, 01:03 AM
I think Jillian should of had 2nd. Marlena's lower belly was a distraction for me and I felt a tab too soft in lower body! But they are sticking to the rules!!

Agree.

JasonLannigan
02-26-2012, 01:08 AM
I would have given Jill 2nd.

JasonLannigan
02-26-2012, 01:23 AM
The winner's evening routine.

YHF4fdMAT1o

HDPhysiques-Joe
02-26-2012, 01:26 AM
Who is on the left?

JasonLannigan
02-26-2012, 01:28 AM
Who is on the left?

Marilena Echohawk is on your far left.

HDPhysiques-Joe
02-26-2012, 01:36 AM
Marilena Echohawk is on your far left.

Like button. :)

JasonLannigan
02-26-2012, 01:44 AM
PRO BIKINI

1. Stacy Alexander
2. Narmin Assria
3. Jennifer Chapman

REVERX
02-26-2012, 02:19 AM
The winner's evening routine.

YHF4fdMAT1o

Wonderful routine. Congrats to Karina Nascimento. First Women's Physique Pro Champion.

Vinny014
02-26-2012, 03:13 AM

Karina has competed as a pro in BB and Figure as well so there are the two of them

Kim
02-26-2012, 03:45 AM
Wonderful routine.

meh, not enough flexin and muscles showin in the routine for me. more like watching dancing which is fine, if I was hoping to watch dancing.

foxieroxie007
02-26-2012, 03:55 AM
Congrats to all the winners and to everyone! They all looked great.

I really love Karina's look! I like her routnine, I like that the WPD routines show more personality, I think it just adds something extra and more interesting to watch.

Playswithrocks
02-26-2012, 03:56 AM
meh, not enough flexin and muscles showin in the routine for me. more like watching dancing which is fine, if I was hoping to watch dancing.
That's pretty much how I felt. It didn't wow me, but it wasn't bad. I'm still too hung up on wanting this division to be closer to bodybuilding. :p lol

Kim
02-26-2012, 03:56 AM
anyone got a link to other competitor routine vids?

sassy69
02-26-2012, 04:02 AM
That's pretty much how I felt. It didn't wow me, but it wasn't bad. I'm still too hung up on wanting this division to be closer to bodybuilding. :p lol

I feel ya.

JasonLannigan
02-26-2012, 04:04 AM
anyone got a link to other competitor routine vids?

Marilena Echohawk 2nd place. She needs to work on her posing.........

gtQg4gaSeAU

Jillian Reville's 3rd place. Best routine out of the three IMO.......

FNeCRu0vn60

JasonLannigan
02-26-2012, 04:13 AM
Time to relax and celebrate! :awesome:

Kim
02-26-2012, 04:20 AM
thank you for finding the vids.

IslandPower
02-26-2012, 04:21 AM
Congrats to all the ladies but at some point we have to be critical here. I just for some reason thought WP would represent someone who is fit and athletic looking. Marina and Jillian had really soft glutes and weak abdomen areas. Karina looked amazing but besides having to do mandos whats the difference between her and top figure pros? We shall see how the rest of the season goes.

JasonLannigan
02-26-2012, 04:29 AM
thank you for finding the vids.

You're welcome Kim! Those are the only three I could find. Hopefully more will be uploaded.

Congrats to all the ladies but at some point we have to be critical here. I just for some reason thought WP would represent someone who is fit and athletic looking. Marina and Jillian had really soft glutes and weak abdomen areas. Karina looked amazing but besides having to do mandos whats the difference between her and top figure pros? We shall see how the rest of the season goes.

Jillian had soft glutes? This isn't FBBing, her glutes are hard enough. Yes the top girls didn't have the best abs in the show. Who are you by the way?

IslandPower
02-26-2012, 04:47 AM
I just really enjoy this sport and today I made sure to be at the show for this historical event...paid $25 for pre-judging and $55 for the night show tickets. Showed my support by there and providing input from what I seen in person not through pictures. Thank you for letting me join in the thread.

Missy
02-26-2012, 05:16 AM
You all must be seeing something I don't. Karina looks like a figure competitor to me. IMHO there were several women who looked much much better.

It seems like most people--both competitors and fans alike--prefer the harder look, so why are the judges pushing for a softer look? I don't get it. Shouldn't the competitors have a say in how the division is defined? Like others have said...It's very clear that this isn't supposed to be like FBB, but it shouldn't like figure either.

fitbecks
02-26-2012, 06:07 AM
The routines look very much like what we get down this end of the world in figure,I would really love to see some 'bodybuilding' poses(obviously not most muscular) but I'm not sure if that is what the judges want?

sassy69
02-26-2012, 06:58 AM
The routines look very much like what we get down this end of the world in figure,I would really love to see some 'bodybuilding' poses(obviously not most muscular) but I'm not sure if that is what the judges want?

The mandatories look to include:
front double bi (open hand)
rear dbl bi (open hand)
side chest (arms straight - dunno if that's required but whatever is your "feminine" interpretation of that)
side tri
abs & thighs - but based on a comment from Tracy, maybe not required? It was one of the called poses, but not clear if it counts.

So generally the only difference from standard BB is exclusion of rear lat & rear display of calves

The problem w/ doing a posing routine based on those poses, is that w/o size & conditioning being judgable criteria, there's no really dramatic display of anything. I'd almost rather see more of a fitness type routine then.

fitbecks
02-26-2012, 07:55 AM
Sorry,I meant in the routine-can there be closed fist posing or does it have to be open?

this is a NABBA Universe figure competitor from last year,reminds me of the women's physique class somewhat in muscle size and presentation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_sJbNoJBIo

Would make the class a bit more interesting if flexibility in posing was allowed in routines

Michelle Brent
02-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Anthing goes in a routine for night in the NPC. If the girl is creative and flexable she will put it in. Dance, put it in,.You still want to keep the mandatories in the routine somewhere!

JasonLannigan
02-26-2012, 01:28 PM
Dave Palumbo interviews the winner Karina Nascimento. VIDEO LINK (http://www.rxmuscle.com/videos/rx-girl-videos/5090-karina-nascimento-after-winning-the-2012-ifbb-desert-muscle-classic-womens-physique-pro.html)

Kim
02-26-2012, 01:41 PM
"you let your sexuality ooze out"

the day that Dave says this to a male competitor will be a cold day in hell. Again, judging based on how hard you get someone's junk.
I really thought they would not be as blatant about that in the WPD thing. Its like bikini with muscle or something which is GREAT for girls who like that, who are naturally pretty, etc... but not once has being sexually appealing to the judges spurred me on or helped me to increase my PR while under the bar. Nope. I was hoping to see more 'in your face' balls out good energy RAWR but still in a more natural package and yet even the TONE of what they want is more submissive or some shit I can't put my words on right now.

If I wanted to be rated on my sexuality after doing all that work and routine, I'd go to a strip club and walk out with cash v. all the outlay of cash a competitor has to put out just to hit the stage.

I'm annoyed, obviously.

Yeah for her and all the girls and all that but as a female spectator I wanted more RAWR and less 'got to be a hottie' for WPD.

cici_kyle
02-26-2012, 02:09 PM

You all must be seeing something I don't. Karina looks like a figure competitor to me. IMHO there were several women who looked much much better.

It's very clear that this isn't supposed to be like FBB, but it shouldn't like figure either.

After watching Karina's routine, I don't see the physique division that everyone has talked about up to Feb 24. I mean she looks good, but she looks like a figure competitor that lost her heels backstage. Honestly, Erin Stern and Candice Keene would have fit right in last night if they kicked off their heels and probably would have gotten marked down because both have abs. Maybe seeing the competitors in person would make a difference. And I know it will take some time for the division to be better defined and have a number of different winners to showcase that build that they are looking for.

The mandatories look to include:
front double bi (open hand)
rear dbl bi (open hand)
side chest (arms straight - dunno if that's required but whatever is your "feminine" interpretation of that)
side tri
abs & thighs - but based on a comment from Tracy, maybe not required? It was one of the called poses, but not clear if it counts.

So generally the only difference from standard BB is exclusion of rear lat & rear display of calves

The problem w/ doing a posing routine based on those poses, is that w/o size & conditioning being judgable criteria, there's no really dramatic display of anything. I'd almost rather see more of a fitness type routine then.

THIS!!! (and still everyone is trying to say the fitness competitors, namely Oksana Grishina who brings one of the most entertaining fitness routine to the stage, should cross over to physique. For what?!!! so they have to soften up and stop showing their athleticism through fitness routine? GTFOH)

I like that Jill did more flexing in her routine though. I have not watched Marilena's yet.

Missy
02-26-2012, 03:14 PM

the day that Dave says this to a male competitor will be a cold day in hell. Again, judging based on how hard you get someone's junk.
I really thought they would not be as blatant about that in the WPD thing. Its like bikini with muscle or something which is GREAT for girls who like that, who are naturally pretty, etc... but not once has being sexually appealing to the judges spurred me on or helped me to increase my PR while under the bar. Nope. I was hoping to see more 'in your face' balls out good energy RAWR but still in a more natural package and yet even the TONE of what they want is more submissive or some shit I can't put my words on right now.

If I wanted to be rated on my sexuality after doing all that work and routine, I'd go to a strip club and walk out with cash v. all the outlay of cash a competitor has to put out just to hit the stage.

I'm annoyed, obviously.

Yeah for her and all the girls and all that but as a female spectator I wanted more RAWR and less 'got to be a hottie' for WPD.

This.

I'm going to sound like a total hater, but whatever. Between the winner's physique (which looks like figure to me) and her routine (which looked more like a strip tease than a posing routine) I'm really starting to question whether this is the sort of division I want to be involved in.

I love the look of what physique should be (something between figure and bb) but I don't like the the...tone...I guess. When you walk on stage, I always thought it was about showing off your hard work. Showing your individual personality and looking/feeling sexy is surely a part of that, but I thought things like symmetry and conditioning were the most important. Not whether the men in the audience would like to bang you.

I don't know if this all make sense but...All of the talk about femininity and sexuality does make it sound to me like they want a sort of submissive attitude. Like competitors should "tone down" their appearance by acting in a way that will be less likely to intimidate others (but who? the general public? certainly not others involved in the sport). Like having muscle AND showing a little "rawr" on stage is too much. I've only seen random video clips of posing routines and callouts so maybe its not like that at all, but based on some of the things that have been said, it is the impression that I'm starting to get.

Kirsten Haug
02-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Why would you take the ab/thigh pose out? Simply because it is not a good pose for a few competitors?

Playswithrocks
02-26-2012, 04:07 PM

I'm annoyed, obviously.

You are not alone! Well stated. :awesome:
This.

I'm going to sound like a total hater, but whatever. Between the winner's physique (which looks like figure to me) and her routine (which looked more like a strip tease than a posing routine) I'm really starting to question whether this is the sort of division I want to be involved in.
Damn, I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt that way about her routine. :p I don't mean to disparage her at all, but it really disappointed me to see that's what was awarded in this show at least. I'll wait to see how future shows go before getting too upset though.

I love the look of what physique should be (something between figure and bb) but I don't like the the...tone...I guess. When you walk on stage, I always thought it was about showing off your hard work. Showing your individual personality and looking/feeling sexy is surely a part of that, but I thought things like symmetry and conditioning were the most important. Not whether the men in the audience would like to bang you.

:respect::awesome: Exactly!!

AnneP
02-26-2012, 04:32 PM
I don't know what to think about really. The winner, yeh, I think she had a good package, well balanced with good structure, tiny waist, specially bdb looked good, but nothing superior in my eyes. One who stood out was Dana Linn Bailey with her conditioning, too bad she has some issues with structure (straight mid section, no good x-frame there).

Well, judges cannot award something which is not in the line up... so I assume we will have winners who have it ALL there..

Hey, I assume, this was not meant to be any new light BB category...

pmbpro
02-26-2012, 06:23 PM

I'm annoyed, obviously.

Well-said! :clapping2: If this is the goal of Physique division, then I'd be very disappointed. I will still watch to see what happens with more shows added to the record books of course, but if it turns out that such a comment represents the pattern and direction in which it'll continue, then it'll be a darn shame after the competitors bust their chops in the gym to display their hard work, and certainly not encouraging for spectators and "aspiring competitors" like me. :o

sassy69
02-26-2012, 07:49 PM

I'm annoyed, obviously.

Yea, I caught that from Dave's interview. I've steered clear of Bikini competitions themselves, and rather focus on the work I know many girls do and I'm happy w/ anything that gets women into the gym. However the overarching attention Bikini gets, and particularly the occasional tendency towards a pole dance, feels like it sets women back 40 yrs. As I've noted before, I remember a time even in the 80s when women (me) were told they shouldn't be lifting or if they were, they'd probably be more comfortable in the "Women's Section" of the gym. FU. I was doing push-up contests w/ my brothers & dad when I was 16. Especially at what should be THIS level of development of the female athlete, that should be about the last thing to be discussed.

But on the other side, when you see someone who is able to execute really good transitions and looks like they own the stage, it stands out. I don't feel like Karina did any posing that was as obvious as a Bikini competitor doing a drop it down & swing it around, but rather, that is just her ability to move on stage. As a competitor within a category that is echoing FBB, at least w/ the posing requirements, I wish there was more to see if there's going to be a focus on posing. I think even back in the day w/ the "classic FBB" that everyone seems to lament the loss of, there was a lot of dancing around in the posing routines and not much in the way of posing. IMO if you're not going to at least have good conditioning, then I don't know what it is I'm supposed to be impressed w/ on a stage, particularly at a pro level.

kaytikat
02-26-2012, 08:40 PM
all of ya'll...get out of my head! lol.

I'll admit to being dissapointed in the winner. I was much more impressed with Jillian and DLB than the winner. Somewhere right between the two of them is exactly where I personally want WPD to go. Not overly conditioned, but not under conditioned and soft either. :(

teacherpump
02-26-2012, 08:48 PM
This.

I don't know if this all make sense but...All of the talk about femininity and sexuality does make it sound to me like they want a sort of submissive attitude. Like competitors should "tone down" their appearance by acting in a way that will be less likely to intimidate others (but who? the general public? certainly not others involved in the sport). Like having muscle AND showing a little "rawr" on stage is too much. I've only seen random video clips of posing routines and callouts so maybe its not like that at all, but based on some of the things that have been said, it is the impression that I'm starting to get.

You know,I think I have to agree with you.

Shortstack
02-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Thanks for posting the videos.....do you have the links to the rest of the Physique routines? Would love to see them :)