PDA

View Full Version : Robby Robinson upset with the promoter of the IFBB Pro World Masters

Siouxcountry
01-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Legendary bodybuilder Robby Robinson guest posed last December at the IFBB Pro World Masters Championships. He is not happy with the promoter........

"THE GAME OF BODYBUILDING HAS JOINED THE THUG LIFE INCORP. IN MIAMI I AM ASHAMED BY THE BEHAVIOR OF IFBB OFFICIALS AND THE DISHONESTY OF THE PROMOTER CONCERNING MY FEE. I WAS GIVEN A WORTHLESS CHECK THE PROMOTER DISREGARDS. THIS IS AFTER THEY DUMP TONY PEARSON WHO HAD BEEN SIGNED TO DO THE EVENT, AND SIGNED ME TO A CONTRACT BEHIND HIS BACK. THAT GOES TO SHOW ALL YOU BODYBUILDERS THAT YOU ARE JUST A NUMBER. LEGEND IS THE TITLE THEY GIVE YOU FOR BEING AROUND FOR A WHILE. THEN THEY SELECT YOU INTO THEIR BODYBUILDER HALL OF FAME. FOR WHAT? HONOR YOU FOR TAKING STEROIDS UNTIL YOU CAN NO LONGER FUNCTION. DO THE IFBB HAVE A HEALTH CARE PLAN FOR ALL OF THOSE SELECTED TO THE HALL OF FAME. WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO 8 TIME MR O R. COLEMAN,? WHO WILL HELP HIM THROUGH HIS RECOVERY? THE HALL OF FAME? I DON'T THINK SO. RR"

http://www.facebook.com/RobbyRobinson.TheBlackPrince

Becca Staggs
01-22-2012, 01:51 PM
:confused:
I understand being upset about a bad check, but the rest of it sounds like a rant of a bitter man to me. No one in the IFBB asked these guys to do what they do to achieve pro or Hall of Fame status.

Siouxcountry
01-22-2012, 02:06 PM
:confused:
I understand being upset about a bad check, but the rest of it sounds like a rant of a bitter man to me. No one in the IFBB asked these guys to do what they do to achieve pro or Hall of Fame status.

Yes, I wish he would have focused on what happened in Miami. The all CAPS doesn't help. His further rantings are even harder to understand.......

"WELILE-I WAS CONFRONTED BACK STAGE AND PRETTY MUCH TOLD TO SHUT UP AND WATCH MY PLACE. WATCH MY PLACE. I WONT BE INTIMIDATED. LEGEND, THEY CALL ME. JAMIE, THE FUN HEARING FRANK ZANE SAY TO ME IN THE BOOTH “SHOW ME THE MONEY.” FOR THE DREAMERS THAT PURSUE BODYBUILDING TO NO END, CHASE YOUR DREAM REALISTICALLY AND WATCH YOUR BACK. AS ONE FORMER IFBBB PRESIDENT SAID TO ME OVER THE PHONE, THE SPORT IS DEAD, DEAD, DEAD!RR"

Becca Staggs
01-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Um...YO-kAY.

titonej
01-22-2012, 04:18 PM
More to this story then most know..............stay tuned! Robbie is a good dude but their is 2 sides to every story and then in the middle is the truth!

Siouxcountry
01-22-2012, 04:29 PM
More to this story then most know..............stay tuned! Robbie is a good dude but their is 2 sides to every story and then in the middle is the truth!

Hopefully we get the promoters side at some point.

BOB CHICK
01-22-2012, 05:08 PM
I might suggest to Mr. Robinson that he contact his athletes representative in order to get to any conclusion. following the chain of command might be a better play than Ranting and raving on Facebook to a bunch of people that can't do anything to rectify he situation, or lend some clarity...

concerning any FORMER IFBB presidents...bodybuilding IS dead...for THEM.

seems to be doing well and fine with more shows, more prize money and more opportunities than ever in the history of competitive bodybuilding...

FemFlex
01-22-2012, 06:08 PM
So, this is about a bounced check?

If so, he has a right to demand payment and any bank fees from the issuer. If they choose not to honor their check, then he has a right to sue them and he will win.

He will not, however, win a lawsuit on the grounds that someone hurt his feelings.

Siouxcountry
01-24-2012, 12:00 AM
So, this is about a bounced check?

He didn't even try to cash the check.

Shawn Ray writes.....

Nowhere on that Check does it say, "NSF or Insufficient Funds?"

Jarka said, Robby never even tried to Cash the Check?

He Sent it BACK and demanded she pay a "Third Party" via Pay Pal, she refused to do that since "HE" was the Guest Poser.

Robby then used vulgarity and obscenities which is why she later refused to Pay him and told him to deal with her Lawyer.

The Check was Good at the time she gave it to him.

ExclusiveStarr
01-24-2012, 01:20 AM
:popcorn: This industry is DRAMA!

Just saying.

LaurenFazio
01-24-2012, 02:56 AM
:popcorn: This industry is DRAMA!

Just saying.

No shit LOL

But seriously.....what da funk!?

ATTENTION SEEKER ALERT

:rofl:

JunFan
01-24-2012, 03:12 AM
Robby is one of the all-time greats! I support him and back him up.

Siouxcountry
01-24-2012, 03:33 AM
Robby is one of the all-time greats! I support him and back him up.

It doesn't look good for Robbie. Robbie not only loses $2500, but likely future guest posings.

Siouxcountry
01-24-2012, 12:10 PM
From Ron Avidan:

See, Robbie lied. I just got proof that Jarka (the promoter) did send the PayPal to Robby Robinson. It was Robby that refused the PayPal money because he wanted it in another name. So before we start attacking the promoter and the IFBB in terms of money, the story needs to be straight.

Robbie, shame on you for doing that, and creating a phanthom problem.

jewelofnile69
01-24-2012, 12:58 PM
He's just mad because he has the same first and last name. Wouldn't you be, too?

ShawnCarla
01-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Just a thought... but why would he want it paid to a different person?
A. Either he doesn't want to be taxed on it because he is using it to pay off a debt... trying to get around the system and not pay his taxes on money he won't really ever see.
B. Someone else requested for the money... they hacked his facebook and email account.

Something tells me it's probably A. He's trying to be slick, and because it didn't work, he got pissed. Just saying.

JunFan
01-24-2012, 03:33 PM
Robbie is great...he was a legend when most of you were still peeing in your diapers.

We bodybuilders back up The Black Prince 100%!

KP DIVA
01-24-2012, 03:41 PM
This is just crazy. Even if everything Mr. Robbinson has said is 100% accurate he is old enough to know a better way of handling the situation.......the man is what 50,60 years old!!! You would never see this type of behavior in the workplace and when u do, ppl are getting fired. As already mentioned, what good is a post on FB gonna do. FB isn't gonna write the check.

Not saying the man isnt a legend......but with his age and wisdom he should know better.

Siouxcountry
01-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Robbie is great...he was a legend when most of you were still peeing in your diapers.

Shall I change your user name to RobFan?

Siouxcountry
01-24-2012, 03:53 PM
This is just crazy. Even if everything Mr. Robbinson has said is 100% accurate he is old enough to know a better way of handling the situation.......the man is what 50,60 years old!!! You would never see this type of behavior in the workplace and when u do, ppl are getting fired. As already mentioned, what good is a post on FB gonna do. FB isn't gonna write the check.

Not saying the man isnt a legend......but with his age and wisdom he should know better.

Robbie is a legend in bodybuilding, but legend doesn't always translate into a great person. He 65 years old.

musclechick39
01-24-2012, 05:15 PM
I personally feel sorry for the guy. Bad position to be in.Hope it works out for you.

ShawnCarla
01-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Shall I change your user name to RobFan?

Seriously.. could they BE any more obvious?? Lol

ShawnCarla
01-24-2012, 06:33 PM

So your best defense is that he's old?
Awesome.

He'll probably be peeing in diapers again before any of us are... so there.

musclechick39
01-24-2012, 07:30 PM
That is his opinon ,why attack when someone doenst agree to the same thing on this site.

musclechick39
01-24-2012, 07:36 PM
I should not say this site...Its not he only one .I meant why do people attack one another.

ShawnCarla
01-24-2012, 07:37 PM
That is his opinon ,why attack when someone doenst agree to the same thing on this site.

Note, I was quoting JunFan... JunFan was on the attack first... calling everyone on this thread "babies" basically.
I was simply poking fun at how stupid the "attack" was in the first place.
It's a joke....sarcasm.

Siouxcountry
01-24-2012, 07:38 PM

I agree with Shawn that was hardly a defense for Robbie. And I imagine there are many bodybuilders who don't support Robbie.

musclechick39
01-25-2012, 03:02 AM
I didnt see your comment ,and I know what sarcasm is.Thank you.

JunFan
01-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Robbie is a legend in bodybuilding, but legend doesn't always translate into a great person. He 65 years old.
Yes, that was proved when we found out Arnold was porking his maid under the same roof as his wife and children.

Robbie is a class act all the way, sorry.

BeanBabe
01-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Yes, that was proved when we found out Arnold was porking his maid under the same roof as his wife and children.

JunFan, did you not read what this thread is about? Robbie started an unprofessional rant, which is anything but a class act.

Like it was been said there are three sides to every story, his, hers and the truth.

Noel Fuller
01-25-2012, 05:54 PM

Its a matter of perspective, the maid probably thinks Arnold is pretty cool.

jewelofnile69
01-26-2012, 01:55 PM
I didnt see your comment ,and I know what sarcasm is.Thank you.

Creepers.

Becca Staggs
01-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Its a matter of perspective, the maid probably thinks Arnold is pretty cool.

Siouxcountry
02-10-2012, 01:08 PM
The promoter owes money to quite a few people.........

http://www.rxmuscle.com/articles/muscle-gossip/5007-muscle-gossip-47-missing-money-in-miami.html

Muscle Gossip #47- Missing Money In Miami

Written by Aaron Singerman

On December 10th of last year, Jarka Lorie put on the IFBB Masters Pro World Championship in Miami, Florida. With the 2012 season about to start, Jarka’s show is now in the distant past... It’s old news, and yet we are still hearing rumblings about the event. The reason it’s still newsworthy is because Jarka still owes some of the athlete’s money.

But before I get to Jarka, I want to set the record straight. While the IFBB is responsible for putting prize money in escrow prior to a competition, it’s only responsible for the top 5 placings. That rule was instituted in 2004 after Darrem Charles won the IFBB Florida Pro Xtreme Challenge and was not paid by the promoter. Following that travesty, one of the first things that Bob Cicherillo, the IFBB Athletes Rep, helped to pass was a rule that ensures that if a promoter wants to put on an IFBB Pro event; they need to put both the sanction fee and top 5 prize money into escrow. This was done for the IFBB World Masters Championship and those winnings were distributed by the IFBB to the top 5 athletes, as required.

Jarka’s story is a complicated one. According to her, she spent over $600,000 on this event. Everything ended up costing more than what was originally projected and sponsors failed to come through with promised money. In the end, she was unable to pay the 6th through 12th place athletes. Each of these 7 men is still owed $5,000 apiece. At the show she also awarded an additional $5,000 for the best poser award and $20,000 for the biggest comeback award. When we discussed this on the phone, I could hear Jarka’s deep regret over this shortage of funds. When I asked her what she planned to do about it she pointblank said, “I plan to pay every penny I owe these men, and I am going to pay 10% interest on top of it.” Well, I’m happy to inform you that all the athletes received at least $2,500 each as of me writing this column. And not only do I think Jarka will meet her obligations, I don’t think she’s done promoting shows either. I’m predicting that as soon as this money is paid off she’ll have her next announcement ready to go!

Aaron's comment about Robby..................

"I got the facts on Robinson... But Dave thought that wasn't important enough to address.

She PAID Robinson... He wanted the money wired to his wife. Jarka refused to do that. He said it was for "tax purposes". She also flew Robby and his wife FIRST CLASS to Miami because he refused to fly coach or even business class. Those tickets alone cost her $5,000."

ShawnCarla
02-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Just a thought... but why would he want it paid to a different person?
A. Either he doesn't want to be taxed on it because he is using it to pay off a debt... trying to get around the system and not pay his taxes on money he won't really ever see.
B. Someone else requested for the money... they hacked his facebook and email account.

Something tells me it's probably A. He's trying to be slick, and because it didn't work, he got pissed. Just saying.

The promoter owes money to quite a few people.........

http://www.rxmuscle.com/articles/muscle-gossip/5007-muscle-gossip-47-missing-money-in-miami.html

Aaron's comment about Robby..................

"I got the facts on Robinson... But Dave thought that wasn't important enough to address.

She PAID Robinson... He wanted the money wired to his wife. Jarka refused to do that. He said it was for "tax purposes". She also flew Robby and his wife FIRST CLASS to Miami because he refused to fly coach or even business class. Those tickets alone cost her $5,000."

Called it.