PDA

View Full Version : OUCH!

JasonLannigan
02-08-2012, 02:17 PM
IFBB pro bodybuilder Shawn Rhoden less than 2 weeks out from the FLEX Pro:

"Just got back from my dentist form an emergency extraction. One of the hardest decision I had to made. After having a bad toothache I tried to ride it out and bare the pain. After training today had to go home and take a nap. Call my dentist at 845 to see if she could see me, rush into her office. After a quick X-ray was told I needed a root canal or extraction but needed to get on some antibiotics. Spoke with my trainer Dave said show is too close no antibiotics no meds, just go cave man and take it outů. Needless to say after screaming like a girl am home with an ice pack .. suffer now champion forever. THE SHOW MUST GO ON. CARDIO AT 530AM"

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shawn-Flexatron-Rhoden-IFBB-Pro/139454856144171

lil_kris
02-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Ohhhh... suckie!!

MrsFluffyBunny
02-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Hardcore!! :rofl:

Sounds like the same sort of approach to dentistry as my honey likes to take...

lil mama
02-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Ohhhhhhh for goodness sake been through that twice and lived... the first one opted for antibiotics and had the root canal later... nothing happen to my body and it surely didnt ruin it for the show:rolleyes: and the second time i had the tooth extracted cause no insurance and it was either the show or the tooth and I'll be damned if I was gonna skip out on the show after all that freaking dieting and freaking tooth aches during the prep.

F me next time I'll be sure to post it up on the boards and on FB .....freaking boo hoo hoo SR

MrsFluffyBunny
02-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Ohhhhhhh for goodness sake been through that twice and lived... the first one opted for antibiotics and had the root canal later... nothing happen to my body and it surely didnt ruin it for the show:rolleyes: and the second time i had the tooth extracted cause no insurance and it was either the show or the tooth and I'll be damned if I was gonna skip out on the show after all that freaking dieting and freaking tooth aches during the prep.

F me next time I'll be sure to post it up on the boards and on FB .....freaking boo hoo hoo SR

Oh gawd, I love you!! :awesome::awesome: :rofl:

Becca Staggs
02-08-2012, 03:06 PM
No pain meds 2 weeks out from a show??

LaurenFazio
02-08-2012, 03:17 PM
I've been on antibiotics twice before shows, 2 weeks out both times. Didn't affect me at all.

Lol #pussy

JasonLannigan
02-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Hardcore!! :rofl:

Hardcore! :D

Playswithrocks
02-08-2012, 03:39 PM

:bowdown: :rofl: :bowdown:
You're awesome.

DANISH DYNAMITE
02-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrsFluffyBunny
02-09-2012, 12:11 AM
Hardcore! :D

Redonkulous! Or clueless. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

jewelofnile69
02-09-2012, 01:11 AM
Redonkulous! Or clueless. LOL

Amen!

Although, I do have to say that I've only ever had 4 cavities (I'm 35 and blessed) and I've never had novocain...ever! :) But I've never had a root canal so not sure how painful that is.

Pretty insane with the hip sled, though!

lann1011
02-09-2012, 04:12 AM
I had 4 extractions, the dentist forgot to prescribe me any.. I was out of it, so did not think about it til a few days later.. when I did my dentist was out of the country.. By the time he came back my face had started swelling and I had a nice pus abscess in the roof of my mouth near the wisdom tooth.. So he should keep an eye on it...

asuit2rememberJen
02-10-2012, 01:30 AM
Seriously?! This is beyond STUPID!!!! If his dentist feels he needs antibiotics he needs to take them no matter what his coach or anyone else says!!! This is so dumb on so many levels. You can develop heart problems (including heart attacks, stroke, endocarditis, etc) from dental problems.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/dental-screenings-linked-lower-heart-disease-stroke-risk/story?id=14936485#.TzSA15hQ10g

Noel Fuller
02-11-2012, 05:10 PM
antibiotics wont affect prep

KP DIVA
02-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Yes....I hate to call the man stupid. But, he is taking a serious gamble w/ his life for a procedure that in the grand scheme of things is pretty minor. First thing I'm thinking of is a blood infection,then all the other complications that follow after that. His immune system is probably already compromised w/ the prep in general.

If he had bronchitist would his trainer say no antibiotics, lets see if you can make it for two weeks without it progressing to pnuemonia. I just don't understand...oh well, thank God I don't have to understand. I wonder how is loved one's are responding to this.

What's the prize money for this show?? Is it even worth risking your life?

Seriously?! This is beyond STUPID!!!! If his dentist feels he needs antibiotics he needs to take them no matter what his coach or anyone else says!!! This is so dumb on so many levels. You can develop heart problems (including heart attacks, stroke, endocarditis, etc) from dental problems.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/dental-screenings-linked-lower-heart-disease-stroke-risk/story?id=14936485#.TzSA15hQ10g

JasonLannigan
02-11-2012, 09:55 PM
antibiotics wont affect prep

His trainer is super heavyweight Dave Kalick. He's the biggest guy in the gym, so he clearly knows all! :p

What's the prize money for this show?? Is it even worth risking your life?

$30,000 total prize money. I'm guessing $10,000 or more for first place. He's a fool to risk his life over so little.

lil mama
02-14-2012, 10:43 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Well aint KARMA A BITCH!!!!!!!!! Today I went into the dentist cause I have been having some freaking bad ass pain in my right ear and right side of jaw so much pain that broke down and cried and have been sleeping very lil for the past week.

Turns out I cracked both back molars one on top and one on bottom ...the bottom was the one really causing all the pain and wouldnt ya know it I needed a root canal done ASAP ON BOTH and had the one on bottom started today. My appointment wasnt until 10:30 and I was in his office when it opened up...could not wait till my appt. It was horrible the worst ever so far so the dentist started today....lesson in all this is SHUT THE HELL UP in my sarcasm post when it comes to others ;) and when in pain DO NOT PUT IT OFF or you can make it worse.

AM STILL LAUGHING AT MYSELF....WHAT AN IDIOT !!!:D

KP DIVA
02-14-2012, 10:59 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Well aint KARMA A BITCH!!!!!!!!! Today I went into the dentist cause I have been having some freaking bad ass pain in my right ear and right side of jaw so much pain that broke down and cried and have been sleeping very lil for the past week.

Turns out I cracked both back molars one on top and one on bottom ...the bottom was the one really causing all the pain and wouldnt ya know it I needed a root canal done ASAP ON BOTH and had the one on bottom started today. My appointment wasnt until 10:30 and I was in his office when it opened up...could not wait till my appt. It was horrible the worst ever so far so the dentist started today....lesson in all this is SHUT THE HELL UP in my sarcasm post when it comes to others ;) and when in pain DO NOT PUT IT OFF or you can make it worse.

AM STILL LAUGHING AT MYSELF....WHAT AN IDIOT !!!:D
Oh my goodness! It wasn't Karma, just a coincidence......i still think it was foolish to sit thru a root canal with no numbing and even worse no antibiotics.

JasonLannigan
02-14-2012, 11:40 PM
Oh my goodness! It wasn't Karma, just a coincidence......i still think it was foolish to sit thru a root canal with no numbing and even worse no antibiotics.

Agreed. Beni I hope you are in far less pain now. Tooth pain can drive one in insane. Do you know how you ended up cracking your molars? I f... up a tooth eating hamburger and biting on a piece of bone once.

lil mama
02-15-2012, 12:54 AM
Well yes I do :D CLENCHING THE CRAP out of teeth, when I get mad I tend to clench and just hold it in, well on super bowl day I was sooo having a bad day and my youngest kid didnt make it any easier that day.

We were out buying meat to make homemade chile and he was in one of his am the king mood and I had had about enough of the real world that day out in public with bad drivers and rude shoppers and he did not make it any easier that day...by the time we ended leaving the store I was ready to literally cut someone :D ANYWAYS clenched so hard out of anger I heard a pop and later that night had ear pain and I just assumed it was an earache :o
Agreed. Beni I hope you are in far less pain now. Tooth pain can drive one in insane. Do you know how you ended up cracking your molars? I f... up a tooth eating hamburger and biting on a piece of bone once.

MrsFluffyBunny
02-15-2012, 12:59 AM
Oop Beni! Ouch indeed! Yowsa.

JasonLannigan
02-15-2012, 03:50 AM
Well yes I do :D CLENCHING THE CRAP out of teeth, when I get mad I tend to clench and just hold it in, well on super bowl day I was sooo having a bad day and my youngest kid didnt make it any easier that day.

We were out buying meat to make homemade chile and he was in one of his am the king mood and I had had about enough of the real world that day out in public with bad drivers and rude shoppers and he did not make it any easier that day...by the time we ended leaving the store I was ready to literally cut someone :D ANYWAYS clenched so hard out of anger I heard a pop and later that night had ear pain and I just assumed it was an earache :o

What a miserable week you have had. :hug: I hope you are able to rest tonight Beni. :)