PDA

View Full Version : "Do politics play into effect? You tell me! " - IFBB Pro

JasonLannigan
03-07-2012, 08:39 PM
IFBB pro Jessica Jessie is not happy with her placing at the 2012 Bikini International. She placed 15th out of 16 women.

She recently posted on her Facebook Athlete page (http://www.facebook.com/bikinipro).......

"Watch me on the Arnold stage! Im 3rd out! And for those wondering about my placings...make your own judgement. But keep in mind Im no longer with FMG or bombshell....Do politics play into effect? You tell me!"

She was in 2nd to last call out. They call out Jessie at 5:15 into the video...........

rIacrEmXbr8

lil mama
03-07-2012, 08:58 PM
:angel:Ahhh she needs to shut her pie hole. The lady wasnt complaining much WHEN SHE WAS WITH FMG or bombshell....Did politics play into effect then, hmmm? :popcorn:

lil mama
03-07-2012, 09:03 PM
P.S.

She ought to be happy that she even got an invite. Some of us hope and dream of one day steppin on that stage and she is complaining about it being political.....NEWSFLASH !!!!! IT IS!!

JasonLannigan
03-07-2012, 09:10 PM
P.S.

She ought to be happy that she even got an invite. Some of us hope and dream of one day steppin on that stage and she is complaining about it being political.....NEWSFLASH !!!!! IT IS!!

I thought she was very fortunate to get an invite to the Arnold, as she didn't even place at the Olympia or win an open show in the past year.

Erik
03-07-2012, 09:22 PM
The lady wasnt complaining much WHEN SHE WAS WITH FMG or bombshell....Did politics play into effect then, hmmm? :popcorn:

That's actually a good point ...

amanda103
03-07-2012, 09:26 PM
:angel:Ahhh she needs to shut her pie hole. The lady wasnt complaining much WHEN SHE WAS WITH FMG or bombshell....Did politics play into effect then, hmmm? :popcorn:

That's actually a good point ...

X2

ambydawn
03-07-2012, 09:32 PM
P.S.

That was my thought too! It's funny how nobody complains about politics when it benefits them. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I think she looks great but it isn't a case of "OH MY GOD, she looks so much better than everyone else!" Bikini is IMO the most subjective of all categories. I liked Juliana Daniell (sp?) best myself, but who the hell am I? Just a schmuck like everybody else. As we have seen, anybody can win on a given day. :shrug:

jewelisa
03-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Those gals are all so beautiful how does one judge ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BOB CHICK
03-07-2012, 09:39 PM

BINGO

We have a winner ladies and gentlemen..!

Chawk1
03-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Everytime I see competitors bitching and crying about politics publicly, I hear the song "Another one bites the dust"...:rofl:.. Very unprofessional of her!

BOB CHICK
03-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Everytime I see competitors bitching and crying about politics publicly, I hear the song "Another one bites the dust"...:rofl:.. Very unprofessional of her!

She has never placed high at a high level show....she was 16th at the '10 Olympia...why no bitching then?

JasonAdams
03-07-2012, 10:20 PM

Very good point

Cherish
03-07-2012, 10:22 PM
I saw this on her FB when it was posted and it left me with an unfavorable after taste. It lacked tact and professionalism IMO. I was disappointed, as I've always like JJ.

angeliquecosta
03-07-2012, 10:22 PM
I really don't see any politics coming into play here. The announcer at the show said there was exactly ONE point separating places 1-3! It was a really tough show with top notch competitors.

I would be in heaven just touching the Arnold or Olympia stages, or even being crowned an IFBB Pro! Be grateful for all you have & know there are others who have worked decades just to be there.

foxieroxie007
03-07-2012, 10:48 PM
LOL everyone cries politics when they don't come in first. Hell first place cries politics when they don't win the overall. lol

You can't please em all.

dvsness
03-07-2012, 11:01 PM

:rofl:

Ltl Leah
03-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Everyone of those girls are gorgeous! I would hate to be a judge. I like Jessica Jessie's presentation and physique, but I feel I've seen her in better condition also... IMO... She needs to be a big girl and be grateful of her blessings. Period.

Erik
03-07-2012, 11:41 PM
. Hell first place cries politics when they don't win the overall. lol

LOLOLOL :rofl:

HDPhysiques-Joe
03-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Why is she no longer with FMG or bombshells?

CarlaNicholle
03-08-2012, 12:00 AM
I saw that on Facebook when she posted it. My mouth just dropped. I was not expecting to see something like that at all. Abbie Burrows didn't even complain about her placing and she's the most outspoken out of all of them! I was hoping she would come to her senses and delete it, but it's still there. I know Momma Bombshell doesn't put up with stuff like this, so maybe this attitude is why she's no longer a Bombshell.

Kirsten Haug
03-08-2012, 12:02 AM
To credit the judges, they did take alot of time to evaluate the women. They did not rush through bikini like they do other divisions....

JasonLannigan
03-08-2012, 12:52 AM
If Jessica wants to comment here she is free too (yes I made sure she's aware of this discussion).

She competed with some of the very top women in IFBB bikini pro, and was fortunate to be invited. 15th place was no surprise to me as I honestly didn't have her in the top 10.

She is a very beautiful woman, and overall has done very well in bikini competition.

Nowadays it's far from easy to even turn pro in bikini, let alone qualifying for the Bikini Olympia and getting invited to the Arnold.

Ron
03-08-2012, 02:09 AM
Jessica looked good here but when compared to the other competitors, she was off. We all ahve seen Jessica in better conditioning before. The photographers in the press pit had her somewhat between 14th place and below. It was the correct call.

Abbie had a tough time at this show, as she wasnt 100% on in the morning.

Surprised Jessica would post that like that...

Kristin Leslie
03-08-2012, 03:19 AM
Funny how no one wonders why she is no longer with FMG or trains with Bombshell... I for one am curious as I'm sure the dissolution of the relationship has something to do with her statement. Maybe it was an ugly split.:confused:

vancouverchick
03-08-2012, 03:32 AM
What..... POLITICS in IFBB... GASP!!!!!!

Next thing you are gonna tell me that santa clause isn't real!!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

kaytikat
03-08-2012, 03:36 AM
It's been a few months since she left bombshell i think. I know she's been training with mike Davies for a minute now, about the same time Justine Monroe, dinah al Sabah and Ali Rosen left for other trainers. Before the Olympia I want to say?

vancouverchick
03-08-2012, 03:51 AM
I didn't realize justine, ali and everyone are leaving team bombshell... I wonder why everyone is leaving them??

JessicaJessie
03-08-2012, 03:59 AM
Hi everyone! Ok i need to set a few things straight! I'm very honored to have stepped on the Arnold stage! I have placed 2nd at 3 pro shows, I do deserve to be on that stage. I'm not crying about politics...I'm stating fact! I was dropped by FMG and bombshell would have nothing to
Do with me after. If you follow me you should know I don't fake anything and I have always spoken the truth! I never knew what it was like to be on the outside of FMG. And I'm sorry to all of you that are not! It sucks.... Knowing you really don't have a shot in hell! And with the controversy I created, neither will I! I think it's pretty strong of me to share my story (which there is so much to my story)but if this is how I'm treated it's not worth it! Im not crying that I got dead last place. But when asked 500x on my fan page what happened...I said judge for yourself! This does not make me a bad person! It makes me real! I could have given up a long time ago! Sorry if I offended anyone.

vancouverchick
03-08-2012, 04:06 AM
Thanks for being honest and sharing Jessica... brave of you... and I applaud you!!!!:awesome:

JessicaJessie
03-08-2012, 04:16 AM
I never said it was politics....I said judge for yourself! ;) My goodness! I guess I should never have stated I was dropped by FMG or left bombshell!

wtf1
03-08-2012, 04:26 AM
Nothing better than the truth. Way to go Jess stand up for yourself.

JasonLannigan
03-08-2012, 04:30 AM
Hi everyone! Ok i need to set a few things straight! I'm very honored to have stepped on the Arnold stage! I have placed 2nd at 3 pro shows, I do deserve to be on that stage. I'm not crying about politics...I'm stating fact! I was dropped by FMG and bombshell would have nothing to
Do with me after. If you follow me you should know I don't fake anything and I have always spoken the truth! I never knew what it was like to be on the outside of FMG. And I'm sorry to all of you that are not! It sucks.... Knowing you really don't have a shot in hell! And with the controversy I created, neither will I! I think it's pretty strong of me to share my story (which there is so much to my story)but if this is how I'm treated it's not worth it! Im not crying that I got dead last place. But when asked 500x on my fan page what happened...I said judge for yourself! This does not make me a bad person! It makes me real! I could have given up a long time ago! Sorry if I offended anyone.

You said in your statement, "judge for yourself", so I did and I think many here did. My post was based on that video and photos.

I do not know what happen between you and FMG & Bombshell. I am sorry the relationship ended poorly.

You have 20,000 "likes" so what you state on your page will get around.

Jessica you have a right to post what you like. If you think not being apart of FMG or Bombshell had something to do with your placing, you have the right to say that. Just remember not everyone may agree.

JessicaJessie
03-08-2012, 04:31 AM
Because I didn't post that exactly! This is crazy and making me sound unprofessional and like a baby! Like I said I should have never said I was dropped by FMG and left bombshell. I thought if anything I would inspire someone. I compete to
Inspire others! Why would I complain now...I have placed bad before...MANY times!

Eboney
03-08-2012, 04:32 AM
:faint::shocked:

JasonLannigan
03-08-2012, 04:57 AM
Because I didn't post that exactly! This is crazy and making me sound unprofessional and like a baby! Like I said I should have never said I was dropped by FMG and left bombshell. I thought if anything I would inspire someone. I compete to
Inspire others! Why would I complain now...I have placed bad before...MANY times!

Ok.

JasonLannigan
03-08-2012, 05:18 AM
WTF1,

If you want to troll our board at least have the courage to do so with your real name. I am not a fan of gimmicks. I understand you are a fan of Jessica, that is fine, but please no stupid posts about a mafia and this page being apart of any mafia. I work hard to keep this board as fair as I can. I posted exactly what Jessica wrote, and like always I let people post their mature opinion on the matter.

MrsFluffyBunny
03-08-2012, 05:31 AM
Thanks for being honest and sharing Jessica... brave of you... and I applaud you!!!!:awesome:

I agree. It's gonna be tough, Jessica, but I do respect your choice to speak up.

:awesome:

JessicaJessie
03-08-2012, 06:24 AM
Here is my fan page! You can see im nothing but professional! You guys are mean on here and hurt my feelings. I never said I placed where I placed because of politics! Im not coming on here anymore. BTW you have know idea what I have been through and would have been nice to help someone in the future avoid what I had to experience. And all you can do is insult me when I did nothing wrong.
www.facebook.com/bikinipro

FemFlex
03-08-2012, 06:24 AM
How do you guys even know who these people are?

I started watching the clip that Sioux posted and must've drifted off somewhere around the 42-second mark. Who were the announcers? When I woke up, the clip was over, and my television was playing the National Anthem.

FemFlex
03-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Here is my fan page! You can see im nothing but professional! You guys are mean on here and hurt my feelings. I never said I placed where I placed because of politics! Im not coming on here anymore. BTW you have know idea what I have been through and would have been nice to help someone in the future avoid what I had to experience. And all you can do is insult me when I did nothing wrong.
www.facebook/bikinipro.com

SiouxCountry just got pwnt.

Becca Staggs
03-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Great. Once again a couple rude people/posts smear the board and cause someone to be upset.

I for one have always been a fan of Jessica, and thought she was much improved at this show from her last few shows. I say the break up did her good and wish her nothing but success.

Her post on fb does insinuate politics play a role, but if FMG dropped her and Bombshell wanted nothing to do with her after, like she says, then I would feel there are politics involved too. And she is right, she does always speak her mind.

Kristal
03-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Live and let live - everyone is entitled to their own opinions. And my opinion is this conversation is boring me *yawn* :) Everyone on that Arnold stage looked hot, and all the girls should be proud of themselves.

Okay, on a completely unrelated note...

Is anyone else craving peanut butter or oreos (or am I the only one)? Also...anyone else curious to see what team Payton Manning ends up with?

Kristal
03-08-2012, 11:19 AM
P.S. I'm not FMG or Bombshell and I proudly work with Mike Davies. When I hit that stage I'm doing it for ME...for my family...for my friends...and to represent my trainer and the rest of the Fitness Factory family with the utmost pride and respect. The REAL competition is the months/weeks/days leading UP to the show...and that's a competition with yourself. THAT is the reason I compete. I think too often we lose sight of that getting wrapped up in the drama of it all.

When I get my chunky butt back up on that stage in a couple weeks - I'm gonna be happier than a pig in shit, no matter WHAT I place. Cuz at the end of the day, I'll be in GREAT shape and I'll have an absolutely breathtaking backside :)

lol :awesome:

johnstoa
03-08-2012, 12:01 PM
P.S. I'm not FMG or Bombshell and I proudly work with Mike Davies. When I hit that stage I'm doing it for ME...for my family...for my friends...and to represent my trainer and the rest of the Fitness Factory family with the utmost pride and respect. The REAL competition is the months/weeks/days leading UP to the show...and that's a competition with yourself. THAT is the reason I compete. I think too often we lose sight of that getting wrapped up in the drama of it all.

When I get my chunky butt back up on that stage in a couple weeks - I'm gonna be happier than a pig in shit, no matter WHAT I place. Cuz at the end of the day, I'll be in GREAT shape and I'll have an absolutely breathtaking backside :)

lol :awesome:

:waving: Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Nice post! Yes, I admit, I was one who lost sight of it all and then walked away disgusted. Truly, only after taking a long stint off was I able to really get perspective and then back to do another show with not a care in the world. My only goal was to have a great experience for myself. I have had to work hard at not being bitter about some of the politics in the past. Nowadays, it's just not worth it to even give it a second thought. We all know there is some form of politics in everything in life. It's a fact we must live with. I can only echo what everyone says about the importance of just doing it for yourself. ;)

JessicaJessie
03-08-2012, 12:32 PM
:)

Hope33Rose
03-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Great. Once again a couple rude people/posts smear the board and cause someone to be upset.

I for one have always been a fan of Jessica, and thought she was much improved at this show from her last few shows. I say the break up did her good and wish her nothing but success.

Her post on fb does insinuate politics play a role, but if FMG dropped her and Bombshell wanted nothing to do with her after, like she says, then I would feel there are politics involved too. And she is right, she does always speak her mind.

x2 :cool:

Staci
03-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Instead of being upset she should look at her fb post again and realize how it sounds . Even if she didnt mean it that way I think we all took it the same. Take some reponsibility for your actions.

dvsness
03-08-2012, 12:50 PM
I was dropped by FMG and bombshell would have nothing to Do with me after.

Isn't Bombshell just people trained by Dey? Sounds like a bad business model for a coach to drop clients.

CarlaNicholle
03-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Isn't Bombshell just people trained by Dey? Sounds like a bad business model for a coach to drop clients.

Bombshell does not drop people. But Shannon does expect you to represent Bombshell in a positive manner at all times. She expects you to always be a lady, never express negativity and hold your head high regardless of the outcome of your competition. Everything she and Bombshell stand for are things that every woman should stand for. I am so glad to be a part of the team.

If people could only see how much of a profound and positive effect Shannon has had on her girls, they would see her in a totally different light. She always has a smile on her face and something motivating to say.

I have a hard time believing that Bombshell "would have nothing to do" with her. There is probably a lot more to the story. I am a fan on Jessica's page and have always thought she was beautiful, but her post really disappointed me. Regardless of the way things ended, she should always express her gratitude to Bombshell since Shannon is a huge part of her success.

JasonLannigan
03-08-2012, 01:53 PM
www.facebook.com/bikinipro (http://www.facebook.com/bikinipro)

Jessica, I am not the bad guy you feel I am. I posted what you wrote (your page has 20,000+ likes, many people in the industry read your page), I let people comment. On message boards you will get people who will agree, and people who will disagree, we are not Facebook. I have given you the option to post your thoughts like anyone else, to explain your actions, to explain why you feel the way you do, but you have chosen to no longer own what you wrote for whatever reason (she deleted her comments on Facebook).

MrsFluffyBunny
03-08-2012, 02:04 PM
These things are never black and white. To suggest Dey/Manion are squeaky clean and Jessica is the bad guy or vice versa is just silly.

fitfox17
03-08-2012, 02:09 PM
People switch coaches so much in this business that it makes your head spin. A lot of times when the switch involves a really popular competitor and/or a really popular coach there is usually some controversy speculated or whispers of this or that happened...in addition, folks that train with the coach and are having a good experience are quick to defend and/or say that the person who left was the problem not the coach. If you dig up the Cathy Savage thread from a while ago, you'll see the same thing. It makes for good reality TV but other than that it takes away from the positive aspects of this sport (motivating others, having a fit life, reaching goals, etc.) Truth is, no one will really know what went down but the coach, the competitor, and whatever fly was on the wall that day....and that fly ain't talking! Bombshells have left to become Angels, Angels have left for Davies, Davies clients have left to become Bombshells. At the end of the day it's whatever, all of those trainers (and many other lesser known trainers) have champs and pros on their roster, whether they were champs already when they got there or after getting there. As long as this industry exists, trainers will have no shortage of clients and clients will have no shortage of options. We find one that fits and when it doesn't work anymore, whether the reason is personal or otherwise, we find another. At the same times there's hundreds of competitors out there and hundreds more that have yet to step on stage. There's a revolving door in this business and and you can jump out or in when you see fit. That certainly makes it interesting to say the least!

When reading words vs having a conversation, sometimes the meaning can get misunderstood as you do not have the benefit of hearing inflections in the voice, hearing emphasis on certain words, seeing body language, etc. Kudos to Jessica for putting herself out there, it is certainly a risk in this business, but I'm sure it feels good to get things off her chest regardless of the circumstance and social media provides an outlet for that.

Becca Staggs
03-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Good post, Kia! :yes:

CarlaNicholle
03-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Regardless, she is making herself look very bad, as this is her most recent post:

"I just want to set the record straight that I have a fan page to help motivate and inspire people! I share my day to day because I am a pro and if I can do it you can do it! I have never talked bad about anyone or cried about my placings! Some unknown forum which I will not even give them recognition is trying to say I'm upset about my placing and blaming it on politics because I was dropped by FMG and left bombshell! I did not say this is why! All i said is judge for yourself. Why can't the haters just go away????"

I agree with what Staci posted earlier. She should take responsibility for the way she is coming across. There is nothing wrong with speaking up. I, myself, am extremely outspoken and will likely never change. However, being tactful is key when expressing controversial opinions. Especially if you want to be taken seriously. And this is just me being the over-analyzing person that I am, but her use of an unnecessary number of exclamation and question marks makes her seem a bit immature and, dare I say, volatile.

Kristin Leslie
03-08-2012, 02:53 PM
What's up with all of this responsibility talk? This industry is a business for some, hobby for most and career for a select few. She stated her opinion, as others have in the past, move on. If you don't agree fine. If you agree fine! But to pretend that she owes an explanation to any of us is bull.

JasonLannigan
03-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Regardless, she is making herself look very bad, as this is her most recent post:

"I just want to set the record straight that I have a fan page to help motivate and inspire people! I share my day to day because I am a pro and if I can do it you can do it! I have never talked bad about anyone or cried about my placings! Some unknown forum which I will not even give them recognition is trying to say I'm upset about my placing and blaming it on politics because I was dropped by FMG and left bombshell! I did not say this is why! All i said is judge for yourself. Why can't the haters just go away????"

I agree with what Staci posted earlier. She should take responsibility for the way she is coming across. There is nothing wrong with speaking up. I, myself, am extremely outspoken and will likely never change. However, being tactful is key when expressing controversial opinions. Especially if you want to be taken seriously. And this is just me being the over-analyzing person that I am, but her use of an unnecessary number of exclamation and question marks makes her seem a bit immature and, dare I say, volatile.

Thanks for posting that Carla. When her fans stated her placing was because of politics, she did not disagree with them. After reading this thread, her thread on Facebook was deleted, and her story changed as you can see. In other news I am so tired of the word "hater". I do not hate Jessica, I did not start this thread to hate on Jessica. I posted exactly what she wrote, and contacted Jessica so she could explain why she feels the way she does and answer any questions.

CarlaNicholle
03-08-2012, 03:12 PM
What's up with all of this responsibility talk? This industry is a business for some, hobby for most and career for a select few. She stated her opinion, as others have in the past, move on. If you don't agree fine. If you agree fine! But to pretend that she owes an explanation to any of us is bull.

She can do what she wants. We get it. But if you're going to do some back-handed blaming, as she did with FMG and Bombshell and then with this forum by calling everyone on it a hater; then wonder why there is such a backlash while you play innocent, no one is going to feel sorry for you. She doesn't "owe" anyone anything. No one does. She could have quietly deleted the original post and moved on, but instead she makes reference to it in future posts which defeats the purpose of deleting the original post in the first place. All she had to do was a little damage control and it would have been over with. I love nothing more than an outspoken female, but like I said in my previous post, it's about tact; especially when you're using written word. Her original post makes her sound bitter. And she shouldn't pretend that it's so shocking to her that her words were interpreted this way.

Miss Silly
03-08-2012, 03:24 PM
I feel like arguing about politics in this sport is moot. They exist in our sport, as well as many, many other areas of life. Sometimes it's to our disadvantage, unfortunately, and other times even to our advantage. Regardless, it exists, and judging something that's notoriously subjective to begin with only flirts with the concept of being 'fair' at best.

I think the most important thing to take away from the entire situation is that yes, sometimes people do get the shit-end of the deal for whatever reason (justly or unjustly so). Of course winning feels good, but placings, judging, etc. isn't the absolute measure of a great athlete.

Kristin Leslie
03-08-2012, 03:26 PM
To everyone here who has left a "team" only to be blamed for something or talked about like a dog after you chose to take your money, body and talent to south beach a la Lebron raise your hand! lol

Let the church say amen.

Sorry I was having a peanut butter inspired moment. What are we talking about again?:kiss:

JessicaJessie
03-08-2012, 04:22 PM
This is ridiculous. I can't believe I let myself get sucked into the vortex of fitness gossip and speculation. This will be my last post. I just want to say i was asked by dozens about my placing so I said judge for yourself. Maybe it was a fair outcome? I don't know. What am I supposed to say? That's why I said judge for yourself.

Look, I had fun on the Arnold stage. It was a dream come true. I loved prepping with my new coach Mike Davies, he's awesome. And I had a blast working for SAN, you can check out my blogs at sann.net. Enough with this. A woman's got to work. Plus I have to hit the gym later and do some wedding prep. That's real life. Thanks for all the attention. Have a great weekend.

Cherish
03-08-2012, 04:41 PM
But to pretend that she owes an explanation to any of us is bull.

Totally agree! What went down with FMG/Bombshell is no one's business and Jessica doesn't owe anyone an explanation.

I do, however, agree with Stacia on the point of how the original post came across. I think most can see WHY it was perceived the way it was. Maybe the way it was interpreted by many of us was not the way JJ INTENDED it to come across....I will definitely give her that. Being the sassy little ball of fire that I am, there are MANY times that statements I make are interpreted differently than I intended and it causes spats and/or moments of confusion. Unfortunately for JJ, this seems to have happened on a larger platform with a following of 20k so it has obviously been magnified, making damage control a little more challenging.

As I said before, I have always been a fan of JJ, and this incident doesn't change that. I appreciate the fact that she has always had a straight forward approach to things. I think she looked gorgeous at the Arnold, as did all the woman on the stage that day. I wish her nothing but the best and I genuinely feel empathy for her over the fact that this thread has hurt her feelings.

Staci
03-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Tianna Ta also posted on fb about her placing. Basically she ran into the same thing with people telling her irl that she got robbed. I respected her take on it.
Every comp I go into the people at my gym think I should win. They see how hard I work so they are totally bias about it. I haven't deserved a win yet. Even though others tell me I should've won its subjective to favoritism.
Jessica is beautiful. She's totally deserving to stand on stage with the best of the best. But as an IFBB pro you have to know that your comments are being read by thousands. Blaming politics directly or indirectly makes you look like a poor sport.

JasonLannigan
03-08-2012, 05:10 PM
A comment on her page about this drama from someone who I do not even know. If you are still reading this thread, thank you Zoe..........

"Jessica, unfortunately you made the choice to post the status update you did, and that status update asked a question. How can you be upset that people have simply publically answered a question which you yourself asked. I read the forum, and I saw few comments which were a negative or personal attack on you. Every action has a reaction, you made the action to post a highly controversial topic and therefore it should be expected that there would be a reply. To have others reply with the truth that you are beautiful and should just be greatful to have gone to the Arnold is true and I agree with those comments. A beautiful classy lady as yourself should just have steered cleared of such controversies and stayed in the positive by not posting a question/statement on the public platform of Facebook in regards to placings. Furthermore, letting such a thing upset you is delving further into the realm of negativity in which you have already unkowingly submersed yourself in. Stay positive"

JasonLannigan
03-08-2012, 05:16 PM
I see Jessica deleted the comment from her page.

Laura Boisacq
03-08-2012, 06:32 PM
P.S.

SNAP!!! LOL.....Straight up! I couldn't agree more, you hit the nail on the head Beni! :D

Eboney
03-08-2012, 06:34 PM
SNAP!!! LOL.....Straight up! I couldn't agree more, you hit the nail on the head Beni! :D

x2

JasonLannigan
03-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Totally agree! What went down with FMG/Bombshell is no one's business and Jessica doesn't owe anyone an explanation.

I do, however, agree with Stacia on the point of how the original post came across. I think most can see WHY it was perceived the way it was. Maybe the way it was interpreted by many of us was not the way JJ INTENDED it to come across....I will definitely give her that. Being the sassy little ball of fire that I am, there are MANY times that statements I make are interpreted differently than I intended and it causes spats and/or moments of confusion. Unfortunately for JJ, this seems to have happened on a larger platform with a following of 20k so it has obviously been magnified, making damage control a little more challenging.

As I said before, I have always been a fan of JJ, and this incident doesn't change that. I appreciate the fact that she has always had a straight forward approach to things. I think she looked gorgeous at the Arnold, as did all the woman on the stage that day. I wish her nothing but the best and I genuinely feel empathy for her over the fact that this thread has hurt her feelings.

Jessica hasn't taken any responsibility for what she wrote. She has painted our community as the villain, I don't see any villains here, nor even haters. She doesn't even take time to thank the women in this very thread that have shown her support. She even deleted a well written comment about all this on her page (see above) because it wasn't a 100% pro Jessica, that would be like me deleting any talk about me that is not 100% pro Sioux (which would leave Tre with 500 less posts :spit: ).

Becca Staggs
03-08-2012, 06:52 PM
... deleting any talk about me that is not 100% pro Sioux (which would leave Tre with 500 less posts :spit: ).

:spit: Ah, so true.

ambydawn
03-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Look, I had fun on the Arnold stage. It was a dream come true. I loved prepping with my new coach Mike Davies, he's awesome. And I had a blast working for SAN, you can check out my blogs at sann.net. Enough with this. A woman's got to work. Plus I have to hit the gym later and do some wedding prep. That's real life. Thanks for all the attention. Have a great weekend.

That's what it's all about, right? :) If you are truly enjoying what you are doing and in it to inspire others, as you say, you will be happy no matter what!

The funny thing to me is that most of us out there that are never involved with "influencial" groups compete this way year round. Those people who scream politics are usually the ones who benefitted from them at some point -- then the tables turned. Not you in particular, just a general observation on what I've seen since I started following the industry over 10 years ago. Always the same thing.

However, I appreciate your frankness in the original post. There are so many people who will never say what they truly think because they are scared of how it might affect their placings or success in the fitness industry. If you say something, own it. Everyone has seen it anyway.

Best of luck to you in the future.

ambydawn
03-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Jessica hasn't taken any responsibility for what she wrote. She has painted our community as the villain, I don't see any villains here, nor even haters. She doesn't even take time to thank the women in this very thread that have shown her support. She even deleted a well written comment about all this on her page (see above) because it wasn't a 100% pro Jessica, that would be like me deleting any talk about me that is not 100% pro Sioux (which would leave Tre with 500 less posts :spit: ).

LOL

Seriously, though, I feel sorry for her. It sounds like she is in a bad place with all the changes and is trying to figure out how to move forward. We all do silly things sometimes.

Kristal
03-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Okay HOLD UP...

TIME OUT PEOPLE!!!!

Eboney...my God I want your boobs! Your body is ridiculous in ur profile pic - I want to shake your hand to congratulate... and also slap the shit out of u at the same time for looking that good! Lol

Okay...y'all can continue w ur convo now...haha

FemFlex
03-08-2012, 08:11 PM
This is what happens when you people allow bikini chicks to think that they're relevant in the competitive physique industry.

Don't they realize that they're just there to look pretty and give us their money?? :p

dvsness
03-08-2012, 08:29 PM
>She expects you to always be a lady, never express negativity<

Well, there goes my invite. :massmoon:

To everyone here who has left a "team" only to be blamed for something or talked about like a dog after you chose to take your money, body and talent to south beach a la Lebron raise your hand! lol

Let the church say amen.

This is what happens when you people allow bikini chicks to think that they're relevant in the competitive physique industry.

Don't they realize that they're just there to look pretty and give us their money?? :p

Don't talk about money; it's a non-profit organization, remember? It's not about the money. :D

Eboney
03-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Okay HOLD UP...

TIME OUT PEOPLE!!!!

Eboney...my God I want your boobs! Your body is ridiculous in ur profile pic - I want to shake your hand to congratulate... and also slap the shit out of u at the same time for looking that good! Lol

:respect::blowkiss::SBT:
WOW girl Thanks!! heheh Im just a squirrel tryin to get a nut!
(nut being pro card);)

22 weeks until STAGE....im comin along nicely:awesome:

Kim
03-08-2012, 08:41 PM
P.S.

Aside from the person's posting and all that crap... generally - Yep. Gotta accept that to some degree if you are going to play in that sandbox. Seriously why the fuck do you see me asking a bunch of questions re philo of it - because to do something without thinking it through and then crying foul is not a great way to go through life. One should do their due diligence.

Kim
03-08-2012, 08:49 PM

right there with you.

kmcduffie
03-08-2012, 08:53 PM

Don't talk about money; it's a non-profit organization, remember? It's not about the money. :D

This made me laugh.

The good news is that nobody will care about this a week from now. :D Do I think she could have handled the situation better? Absolutely. But, I'm still a fan. She looked great on stage and at that caliber of a show some bad ass woman is going to place last. :respect: to her for making it to the stage that majority of the women here would love to be on one day.

johnstoa
03-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Okay HOLD UP...

TIME OUT PEOPLE!!!!

I thought the same thing when I scrolled down through the posts. ;)

BOB CHICK
03-08-2012, 09:15 PM
This is ridiculous. I can't believe I let myself get sucked into the vortex of fitness gossip and speculation. This will be my last post. I just want to say i was asked by dozens about my placing so I said judge for yourself. Maybe it was a fair outcome? I don't know. What am I supposed to say? That's why I said judge for yourself.

Sweetie...

You didnt get sucked into any vortex...you openly invited it by way of your post.

And had you simply posted a few pics and said...judge for yourselves, everyone. That would have been fine. But thats NOT what you said...you cant now try and spin this around as if it was all innocent, because it was YOU that had to put in the little part about the POLITICS...the real underlying issue.

BTW...by insinuating that, you are telling all the girls that placed ahead of you, that the only reason they were there...is because of other factors...not that they were possibly better.

BOB CHICK
03-08-2012, 09:16 PM
I thought the same thing when I scrolled down through the posts. ;)

Funny...I was thinking the same thing:drool3:

BigA
03-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Funny...I was thinking the same thing:drool3:
Me too. I definitely have boob envy.
A.

Cherish
03-08-2012, 09:27 PM

All completely valid points (and the bold part made me giggle) so I don't disagree with you, but again, it's all about perspective as well. You and I don't feel there were any villians/haters on this board, but obviously Jessica perceived otherwise. For that, I feel bad as I think we all pride ourselves on being a community that is supportive of fellow competitors, so I don't like when anyone feels bullied (whether perceived or otherwise). I may not agree with the way she has chosen to handle certain situations (such as those you mention above), BUT I also understand that we all react out of emotion sometimes and I don't feel that I have any personal authority to judge her given the fact that not all the information is known.

The good news is that nobody will care about this a week from now. :D Do I think she could have handled the situation better? Absolutely. But, I'm still a fan. She looked great on stage and at that caliber of a show some bad ass woman is going to place last. :respect: to her for making it to the stage that majority of the women here would love to be on one day.

Yes. And. YES. I could not imagine stepping on stage with that caliber of competitors. Those judges definitely have their work cut out for them.

Staci
03-08-2012, 09:48 PM
I took 15th place but I'm still happy as a pig rollin in sh*t for so many reasons! thank u for all of your support! 1st Arnold Bikini International in the books!

and

I love people at the gym who lift a weight and suddenly become experts in judging competitions...then have the audacity to try to convince me that I HAVE to be disappointed from the Arnold even when I'm not. SMH. Gotta laugh

Tianna Ta's facebook posts concerning her placing at the Arnold. Even with a reference to shit she came out looking classier. Isnt she a bombshell?

Cherish
03-08-2012, 09:53 PM
I took 15th place but I'm still happy as a pig rollin in sh*t for so many reasons! thank u for all of your support! 1st Arnold Bikini International in the books!

and

I love people at the gym who lift a weight and suddenly become experts in judging competitions...then have the audacity to try to convince me that I HAVE to be disappointed from the Arnold even when I'm not. SMH. Gotta laugh

Tianna Ta's facebook posts concerning her placing at the Arnold. Even with a reference to shit she came out looking classier. Isnt she a bombshell?

Haha:spit: Yep, she's a Bombshell. I follow her on FB too. She cracks me up! I love her don't-give-a-shit attitude. It's refreshing.

BOB CHICK
03-09-2012, 12:00 AM
Me too. I definitely have boob envy.
A.

yeah....but you're still my favorite Canadian cutie!

LaurenFazio
03-09-2012, 12:33 AM
yeah....but you're still my favorite Canadian cutie!

What about me! hehehe :o

Kiddin.... Eboney girl.... I love ur boobies too!!!!!!!!!! LOL :drool3:

Kristal
03-09-2012, 12:47 AM
I would just like to pat myself on the back for successfully turning the subject of this entire thread into something more exciting: BOOBS!

Che
03-09-2012, 01:00 AM
I would just like to pat myself on the back for successfully turning the subject of this entire thread into something more exciting: BOOBS!

This is why I love fitness and Siouxcountry! If this were a discussion on a political board, it would have ended instead with someone being compared to Hitler :D

Chawk1
03-09-2012, 01:16 AM
Sweetie...

You didnt get sucked into any vortex...you openly invited it by way of your post.

And had you simply posted a few pics and said...judge for yourselves, everyone. That would have been fine. But thats NOT what you said...you cant now try and spin this around as if it was all innocent, because it was YOU that had to put in the little part about the POLITICS...the real underlying issue.

BTW...by insinuating that, you are telling all the girls that placed ahead of you, that the only reason they were there...is because of other factors...not that they were possibly better.

Well said! :awesome:

Yes Eboney has some rockin ta ta's

sweetjane57
03-09-2012, 01:46 AM
:angel:Ahhh she needs to shut her pie hole. The lady wasnt complaining much WHEN SHE WAS WITH FMG or bombshell....Did politics play into effect then, hmmm? :popcorn::spit:

SweetCapri
03-09-2012, 01:53 AM
I saw this on her FB when it was posted and it left me with an unfavorable after taste. It lacked tact and professionalism IMO. I was disappointed, as I've always like JJ.
This is exactly what I was thinking. I would expect better behavior from any athlete competing at this level. One thing I've learned in this business is to never complain, especially out in public. Just go up to the judges, whether an amateur or profession, and ask for feedback! So now what's next for her after leaving FMG and Bombshell? Hmmm.

SweetCapri
03-09-2012, 02:00 AM
Oh crap. Sorry...I thought we were still talking about the original post but I see we've talking about better and more important things - BOOBS! Carry on.

MrsFluffyBunny
03-09-2012, 02:32 AM
All completely valid points (and the bold part made me giggle) so I don't disagree with you, but again, it's all about perspective as well. You and I don't feel there were any villians/haters on this board, but obviously Jessica perceived otherwise. For that, I feel bad as I think we all pride ourselves on being a community that is supportive of fellow competitors, so I don't like when anyone feels bullied (whether perceived or otherwise). I may not agree with the way she has chosen to handle certain situations (such as those you mention above), BUT I also understand that we all react out of emotion sometimes and I don't feel that I have any personal authority to judge her given the fact that not all the information is known.

Yes. And. YES. I could not imagine stepping on stage with that caliber of competitors. Those judges definitely have their work cut out for them.

Great posts, Cherish, and you get MY vote for the best boobs.

Sorry, Eboney, but you know this boob thing is very political. ;)

Cherish
03-09-2012, 03:25 AM
Great posts, Cherish, and you get MY vote for the best boobs.

Sorry, Eboney, but you know this boob thing is very political. ;)

:rofl: My boobs would like to thank you for your vote Crystol :Melissa:
I must say this thread has taken a turn for the better, indeed. From drama to tatas. I'll take it!

ShawnCarla
03-09-2012, 03:43 AM
I was gonna stay out of this thread but I had to jump in and say that I love ALL the BOOBIES on this board EQUALLY.
There.... that was a good Ms. America-type answer, right? :Melissa::Melissa:

JasonLannigan
03-09-2012, 03:50 AM
I approve the direction this thread has gone! http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/SC/bouncing-boobs.gif :D

I too hate people feeling bullied. As far as I am concerned the drama is over. I wish Jessica well, and wish her success. :)

MrsFluffyBunny
03-09-2012, 04:52 AM
I was gonna stay out of this thread but I had to jump in and say that I love ALL the BOOBIES on this board EQUALLY.
There.... that was a good Ms. America-type answer, right? :Melissa::Melissa:

Almost! Add that you want world peace and you get the crown!

I wish Jessica well, too.

And I had a conversation with a coworker today on MS Communicator that ended with , "Nerds rule," but I forgot to add, "BOOBIES rule." My 10 year old son has a pink bracelet for breast cancer awareness that says that! :rofl:

Becca Staggs
03-09-2012, 12:00 PM
I nominate Shawn for best boobs!!!!:awesome:

jewelisa
03-09-2012, 01:32 PM

Oh no not another contest :popcorn::ass:

jewelofnile69
03-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Wow, you are away from the boards for a few days and look at whre this goes!

I love boobs. When I go to the museum I mostly look at boobs.

But seriously, the biggest thing about all of Jessica's posts that bother me the most is that she sounds like a petulant teenager!

I don't hate on her. How can I as I don't know her? But come ON!

ShawnCarla
03-09-2012, 02:26 PM

It's an honor just to be nominated....
:boobs4:

kmcduffie
03-09-2012, 05:36 PM

and

Haha:spit: Yep, she's a Bombshell. I follow her on FB too. She cracks me up! I love her don't-give-a-shit attitude. It's refreshing.

Tianna Ta FTW!!!!:awesome::awesome:

Now back to :Melissa::hyper:

Cherish
03-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Wow, you are away from the boards for a few days and look at whre this goes!

I love boobs. When I go to the museum I mostly look at boobs.

This. Is. Awesome. :spit:

Eboney
03-09-2012, 09:17 PM
:spit: I love my girls....even though i baught em:p....actually my EX did...bless his heart:rofl:

Kristal
03-09-2012, 10:52 PM
:spit: I love my girls....even though i baught em:p....actually my EX did...bless his heart:rofl:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha sucker! Thatta girl!

fitfox17
03-10-2012, 12:19 AM

Haaaaaa my ex bought mine too....well actually he bought one and I bought the other :D but if I ever need to upgrade I may definitely need to consider upgrading to the "Ebony's" :yourock:

Eboney
03-10-2012, 07:33 AM
:rofl:this is the best post ever:cool2:

HDPhysiques-Joe
03-10-2012, 09:36 AM
This thread had epic potential until y'all had to ruin it with this boob talk.

C'mon.... back to the controversey, please! ;)

tammyp
03-10-2012, 12:32 PM
there is nothing that shows disrepect and unsportman like conduct more than public bitching of how you placed. i know one pro bber that does this all the time ( to who ever will listen and on the forums), and IMO it hurts her placings....you cant snub and disrepect a judge and fellow competitors and not expect repercussions to some degree. do i think i should have placed better? sure...but it is what it is.

JasonLannigan
03-10-2012, 01:41 PM
there is nothing that shows disrepect and unsportman like conduct more than public bitching of how you placed. i know one pro bber that does this all the time ( to who ever will listen and on the forums), and IMO it hurts her placings....you cant snub and disrepect a judge and fellow competitors and not expect repercussions to some degree. do i think i should have placed better? sure...but it is what it is.

I'm so curious about who you are talking about. It's normal to feel you deserved a better placing, but true it's usually not a good idea to complain in public. Another thing too, probably not wise for a spouse or boyfriend, or your coach to complain in public as well. If your placing is so obviously like WTF, often fans will speak up. Of course one can complain all they want in public, but just remember not everyone will agree with you and some may look at it as unsportsmanlike.

tammyp
03-10-2012, 02:45 PM
^ totally agree jason....i hate to boo hoo-ers! and its even worse when its a spouse!

LaurenFazio
03-10-2012, 02:47 PM

WHATever Joey you love boobies!!!!!!

Great post!

Hey girl I saw you @ Species booth last weekend but you were super busy so I didn't say hi :o but you look awesome!!! Just wanted to tell u! :)

Another thing too, probably not wise for a spouse or boyfriend, or your coach to complain in public as well. If your placing is so obviously like WTF, often fans will speak up. Of course one can complain all they want in public, but just remember not everyone will agree with you and some may look at it as unsportsmanlike.

TOTALLY!!!!!! Great point Chieffers

jewelisa
03-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Sometimes it might be a combination of the climax of the whole prep thing ( depletion etc ) and not having a filter ..... Taking a breath before running to the boards is the smartest thing.:angel:

To easy to say and write something in the heat of the moment !!!

Now what about them boobies

MrsFluffyBunny
03-10-2012, 06:04 PM

Jellin' Joe? ;)

tammyp
03-10-2012, 06:11 PM

Great post!

Hey girl I saw you @ Species booth last weekend but you were super busy so I didn't say hi :o but you look awesome!!! Just wanted to tell u! :)

TOTALLY!!!!!! Great point Chieffers

lauren you turd! you shoulda said HELLO!

Suzanne
03-10-2012, 06:30 PM
We are in a very subjective sport on any given day the placing could be totally different that is why the only way to really truly enjoy the ehole thing and be at peace with it is

DO IT TO BEAT YOURSELF!!! DO IT FOR THE LOVE OF TRAINING AND HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT YOURSELF!!

you never know who will step on stage next to you, what the judges might be looking for etc so doing this just for placings will make you go crazy

BikiniAshley_62
03-10-2012, 07:45 PM
www.facebook.com/bikinipro

You are beautiful and I applaud you for speaking your mind. Sorry if you didn't feel welcomed here. We try to be one big fam here!

LaurenFazio
03-10-2012, 07:53 PM

I knnnooooow I'm sorry mama but y'all looked super busy!

We are in a very subjective sport on any given day the placing could be totally different that is why the only way to really truly enjoy the ehole thing and be at peace with it is

DO IT TO BEAT YOURSELF!!! DO IT FOR THE LOVE OF TRAINING AND HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT YOURSELF!!

you never know who will step on stage next to you, what the judges might be looking for etc so doing this just for placings will make you go crazy

Yahhhhhh buddy!!!!!!!!

HDPhysiques-Joe
03-10-2012, 07:54 PM

Well, this is true.... :)

BUT.... we've severely lacked some good ole fashioned knock down drag'em out brawls around here lately. This thread had potential only to end up in an epic fail again. :rofl:

Don't feel bad, Tammy. Lauren dissed quite a few of her fans last weekend..... grrrrrrrrrrrrr

(no, I'm not gonna let you live it down, Faz....) lol

LaurenFazio
03-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Lol joe... love ya :kiss: :spank: