PDA

View Full Version : Hotels: Planning Ahead.

Jodi_Lane
03-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Okay so I HAVE to plan way ahead for everything, otherwise I don't get to do anything!

So, I'm just curious...WHY is the host hotel so far away from the venue? I know there are shuttles from the Orleans hotel to the convention center but is it better to stay at the Orleans or do you guys recommend staying closer to the Venue? I personally like staying as close to the venue as I possibly can when I travel somewhere. And there are many options there. I just don't want to be so far away that it's a pain in the butt to go back to the hotel for stuff.

Does anyone recommend staying in the Orleans or elsewhere??? Advice needed, I've never been to the O! ;o) And considering they're all about the same price as the Orleans, I might as well shop around!!!

Thanks all!
JL

dallas3
03-20-2012, 01:49 AM
Stay at the Orleans, that's where everyone will be. The shuttles run at a pretty good rate so it's not bad going to the venue and even back may be a wait but it's a free ride which saves you on taxi fares.

liquid sun rayz
04-07-2012, 03:28 AM
Orleans all the way!! The bus is easy and free...not a big deal at all.Its really pretty easy to get around in Vegas :)

sandi_stuart
05-01-2012, 01:13 PM
I'd stay elsewhere. I'd rather just cab it to the venue and spend the majority of the time on the Vegas strip. The Orleans is a dive in the middle of nowhere.

dvsness
05-01-2012, 01:50 PM
The Orleans is the venue - the IFBB competition finals are at the Orleans. While the Expo is the venue for some, it isn't truly.

The Orleans is a total shithole, though. Stay where you want and don't stress the travel. Vegas is easy to commute.

scottnva
05-01-2012, 02:52 PM
I'd stay elsewhere. I'd rather just cab it to the venue and spend the majority of the time on the Vegas strip. The Orleans is a dive in the middle of nowhere.

Say what??? Come on up to Chatham, VA i will show you what the middle of nowhere really llooks like :nuts:

Maybe Sandi just had a bad experience anyway Orleans all the way, you can even shuttle to and from the Strip during the day for free an it is only a couple of blocks not country miles away lol

epolis
05-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Stay elsewhere - travel around the strip is easy as shit. I love the Cosmo hotel and I'll probably be staying there.

Jodi_Lane
05-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Awesome for the advice! Thanks!!!

dvsness
05-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Say what??? Come on up to Chatham, VA i will show you what the middle of nowhere really llooks like :nuts:

Maybe Sandi just had a bad experience anyway Orleans all the way, you can even shuttle to and from the Strip during the day for free an it is only a couple of blocks not country miles away lol

It's two miles west of the strip and it's a dive.

Jodi_Lane
05-02-2012, 08:20 PM
I've heard a lot of mixed info on the Orleans. I just personally didn't like the idea of staying there because of how far away from the convention center it is. If I'm going to pay for a hotel it might as well be close and awesome, right?

sandi_stuart
05-24-2012, 11:50 AM

I grew up in New Albany, MS........population 7500. No need to be rude. You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.

Kim McGuire
06-07-2012, 05:58 PM
theres a tram/train/monorail what ever you call it that runs from the mgm to the convention center as well. it has several stops at various hotels along the way so if you stay on the strip, you can grab the monorail for cheap instead of a cab.

last time i was there i stayed at harrahs-never again, but the rail stop was right behind the hotel, easy on and off, minimal walking even.

we'll probably stay on the strip as well since we'll spend most of our time there. we'll only be at the orleans for the shows anyway, the convention center for the expo and the strip for the rest of the time.

fitfox17
06-07-2012, 07:55 PM
I booked a hotel (yes I plan way ahead too!) that according to the site is pretty close to the venue but it has a full kitchen (also pet friendly--I travel with my dog). I will be in contest prep don't want to spend tons of $$ eating out so getting a hotel with the right amenities was more important that being in the venue. If I was competing or working a booth there I can understand the advantage but otherwise no need. I just hope the site was accurate with the proximity...I don't want to get jammed up on cab fare the whole weekend :o

BeanBabe
07-29-2012, 10:38 PM
I would stay at the Orleans. The actual show is at the hotel and you will be able to meet a lot of athletes there. Yes the hotel is not as nice as say the MGM or hotels on the strip but you will paying a much lower price. I don't spend a lot of time in my hotel anyways so I didn't mind. There is free transportation to the convention and to the strip. Another bonus is that at the Orleans there is a cafe that has an Olympia menu so it's clean diet friendly food for a great price