PDA

View Full Version : Amanda Savell interview!

Siouxcountry
02-26-2008, 10:42 PM
FigureRX recently interviewed figure pro Amanda Savell...

CLICK HERE (http://www.figurerx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=716)

What are your thoughts on the direction figure is going at the pro level? Whatís the recent feedback that you tend to get, say, for example, to move up a few spots at the Olympia?

At the Olympia, I was told not to train so hard!! But people really want to see the results of dedication and hard work. You have to try and come in at your personal best, because the results are too inconsistent to really tell what anybody wants. And the comments donít necessarily match the reality on stage, so you have to be careful. Gina obviously is muscular and comes in hard, and Jenny has come in harder in the past and won shows. Monica felt and looked the best when she was harder and more muscular, and then she softened up and placed worse. Mary Lado, who placed first at the Arnold last year while I placed second, is pretty much the opposite of me as far as pro figure physiques go. You put us both side by side and it can get confusing!!

Alli
02-27-2008, 12:14 AM
good interview. I can happily say I set that one up- Amanda told me she wanted to interview with them... I set it up!! :)

Siouxcountry
02-27-2008, 12:16 AM
good interview. I can happily say I set that one up- Amanda told me she wanted to interview with them... I set it up!! :)

Excellent! :cool:

Shelly
02-27-2008, 02:45 AM
great interview i think she is an honest great woman, who follows her heart and for that i respect her.

Alli
02-27-2008, 02:15 PM
great interview i think she is an honest great woman, who follows her heart and for that i respect her.

EXACTLY- and she's pulled positive points out of a horrible disappointment (no Arnold invite).... and that takes on hell of a person to be able to do that.

bree marsh
02-27-2008, 03:13 PM
she will definitely be missed at the arnold!

SBT
02-27-2008, 03:31 PM
Sure will! That was a great interview though!