PDA

View Full Version : Off season vs. Pre contest calories, fat, carbs, protein

k_fitness09
07-17-2008, 04:24 AM
What are the calories, fat, carbs and protein you all take in during the off season?? What about pre contest??

Bronwyn
07-17-2008, 05:56 AM
Well for me - I am total endomorph type, so the food is almost the same the whole year long. We counted rather total amounts of nutrients than Kcal.

Offseason I have more proteins (3-2,8g for 1kg of bodyweight - I dont know how to re-count it into lbs) and carbs around 150-200g maximum, but not going below 80g/day. And time to time I may have some cheat food (usually one in 14 days)... and the food is more varied.

Precontest I have a little bit less proteins (2,8-2g/1kg) and carbs are zig-zag from 0g/day to 150g a day as a maximum. No cheat days. Less kinds of food - less sources of carbs mainly. ;)

Fats are low the whole year long, but I am trying not to go too low - as fats are necessary for hormonal system as well as for some vitamines distribution.

DanielleA
07-17-2008, 01:41 PM
I know this is only a partial answer, but I have approx 20-30 grams of protein with each meal pre-contest and anywhere from 30-60 grams during my offseason bulk. I'm not sure on the exact macros of fats and carbs though for either.

Suzanne
07-17-2008, 03:30 PM
This type of info really only pertains to each person posting

How much you eat has to do with alot of factors: metabolism, muscle mass, age, whether you have been dieting for long periods for shows, trainer (some have clients eating way too low of cals both off season and pre contest, some trainers belive you need to get fat to gain muscle, some trainers have very little true nutritional knowledge and some have alot), philosophy high fat, low fat, moderate fat, your goals etc

dvsness
07-17-2008, 03:38 PM
I like a 40/40/20 on offseason training days, with slightly lower carbs on off days.

For prep, I use somewhat of a CKD, ~60/3/37 with weekly carbups.

As has been stated before, this is what has worked optimally for ME. I have a Meso/Endo body type.

jenscats5
07-19-2008, 01:59 AM
Offseason I get to eat carbs......we don't track anything else.....

SBT
07-19-2008, 02:23 AM
I think it is individual and what works best for you... I have always liked somewhat of a carb cycle for both

Betsy
07-19-2008, 06:27 PM
i eat a CRAPLOAD of protein and carbs all winter long (bulking up)... and then pre contest i say BYE BYE to most of my carbs.. PROTEIN is always high for me..

I agree with everyone that it pertains to ea individual body type.. you MUST find out what works best for YOU.. and this is done thru trial and error! :rolleyes: