PDA

View Full Version : Any Fantasy Football players here?

FemFlex
08-01-2008, 04:24 AM
Speak up!

Bernie
08-01-2008, 04:27 AM
i hate football with a passion

scottnva
08-01-2008, 04:28 AM
you beat me too it tre, lets get a league going and ladies dont be shy we like you all in our league too ;)

dallas3
08-01-2008, 04:30 AM
Got one right here!

FemFlex
08-01-2008, 05:02 AM

...says the football COACH!

:p

Siouxcountry
08-01-2008, 05:06 AM
Football as in soccer?

IslandGirl
08-01-2008, 05:06 AM

hahahaha....

IslandGirl
08-01-2008, 05:07 AM
Cam is a football fanatic. Bernie and him got along great!

jasons805
08-01-2008, 05:27 AM
Football as in soccer?

Joking right?
Anyway I love football, but more so college football. SEC is the toughest place to play and the Georgia Bulldogs are my fav team. I guess I follow the Falcons in Proball more so because those are the games we get.

Siouxcountry
08-01-2008, 05:28 AM
Joking right?

Could be. :D

Bernie
08-01-2008, 06:04 AM
...says the football COACH!

:p

why do you think i hate it?:D

i went to a coaches meeting yesterday, and they had me up at the white board the whole time showing them how to better block our plays and being told that i was wrong....why? becuase that is no the way WE do things.....then why the hell did you ask me to show you another way? :nuts:

hahahaha....

:D

Cam is a football fanatic. Bernie and him got along great!

and again...:D

ParadiseCup
08-01-2008, 10:49 AM
i'm a fan !

Sean
08-01-2008, 01:21 PM
I play. I'm an Eagles fan for real football though.

scottnva
08-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Our 2008 fantasy football league is now up and
running on the MyFantasyLeague.com site. To
visit our league web site, go to our league home page -
http://www5.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/67481
- and then click on the "Login" link in the upper right hand
corner of that page, and log in using the password
displayed below.

pass word: braves10

go to basic franchise set up and plug in your team name email addy in the franchise fields or PM and i will set it up for you... I am the Carolina Britts :D

btw sioux can this thread be a sticky for a few days? thanks

Siouxcountry
08-01-2008, 06:10 PM
btw sioux can this thread be a sticky for a few days? thanks

Ok.

Bernie
08-01-2008, 06:15 PM
ok, i already signed up...

who's next?

ibarramedia
08-01-2008, 06:20 PM
why do you think i hate it?:D

i went to a coaches meeting yesterday, and they had me up at the white board the whole time showing them how to better block our plays and being told that i was wrong....why? becuase that is no the way WE do things.....then why the hell did you ask me to show you another way? :nuts:

:D

and again...:D

I remember discussing football with you and Zennie Abraham last year. Imho, you and the coaches should not be having a difference of opinion with regards to coaching the offensive line. If I remember correctly you have been coaching at that same highschool for a few years now. If that is the case then the "that is not the way we do things" statement by the headcoach should not even be said. Whatever offensive system you guys use should have it's own principles and tenets when the coaches teach a system. did you guys have a new headcoach and offensive coordinator? Did you intall a new offensive system.

Basically I'm saying that everyone should be on the same page. If your system employs zone blocking,then it should use that. If they use man blocking,drive blocking then concentrate on that...

One of the simplest reasons many teams have incorporated zone blocking in their offenses, is that zone blocking rules do not change based on the defensive front. In a "man block" system, blockers are paired with defenders according to certain rules to create a running lane.

Zone blocking uses very consistent rules that do not change according to the defensive front.

Using a runningback out of the backfield, zone plays are usually categorized into three types: Inside Zone (IZ), Outside Zone (OZ) and Stretch. Combining the wide zone and tight zone scheme with the double or even triple option out of the shotgun was one of the latest innovation in college football and can be found in almost any given spread scheme. Today every NFL team uses some form of zone blocking but not all of them rely on it entirely. What system do you use anyway?

FemFlex
08-01-2008, 06:45 PM
This rocks....posting at 7500 feet above sea level, baby, woo!!

Count me in.

PLEASE get Zennie in this league.

Bernie
08-01-2008, 07:00 PM
if you remember correctly Zennie also told me i knew nothing about football, becuase i told him the Raiders would be the doormat of the AFC West. and that since they switched to zone blocking they would be the best thing ever. and i countered that even with zone blocking they didnt have good enough lineman. hmmm....wonder who was right on that one? my predicted order of finnish was Bronco's Charger's Cheif's Raiders. only if the Bronco's old men stayed healthy...they didnt so the Chargers won the afc west. hmmmm....

i know all about blocking. i said that they asked me to show them ways to improve our blocking schemes then told me i was wrong. thats what frustrated me.

we double team and semi-man block (we have line calls based on where the D is aligned) at the point of attack, and aggressive zone block on the backside. the plays in question where how we blocked our counters and traps against an odd front. i gave them what i have had work in the past, and they appearently didnt like it. oh well what can you do?

trust me, i know what i am doing...and it is simply a matter that, they wasted my time. they called a meeting. asked me how i would change things. and then told me WE didnt do things that way. :shrugs:

ibarramedia
08-01-2008, 07:27 PM
if you remember correctly Zennie also told me i knew nothing about football, becuase i told him the Raiders would be the doormat of the AFC West. and that since they switched to zone blocking they would be the best thing ever. and i countered that even with zone blocking they didnt have good enough lineman. hmmm....wonder who was right on that one? my predicted order of finnish was Bronco's Charger's Cheif's Raiders. only if the Bronco's old men stayed healthy...they didnt so the Chargers won the afc west. hmmmm....

i know all about blocking. i said that they asked me to show them ways to improve our blocking schemes then told me i was wrong. thats what frustrated me.

we double team and semi-man block (we have line calls based on where the D is aligned) at the point of attack, and aggressive zone block on the backside. the plays in question where how we blocked our counters and traps against an odd front. i gave them what i have had work in the past, and they appearently didnt like it. oh well what can you do?

trust me, i know what i am doing...and it is simply a matter that, they wasted my time. they called a meeting. asked me how i would change things. and then told me WE didnt do things that way. :shrugs:

I remember that. And I usually find myself intrigued with Zennie's business ideas. Zennie is also knowledgeable about football having spent some time with coaches Jon Gruden and the late Bill Walsh. However, He was WRONG to say you knew nothing about football. Sorry about that bad meeting. Other coaches would have called a meeting discuss tactics and strategy. Then asked if you have ideas that could be incorporated or even tweaked in the system you are running. Or opinions...

Oh well...Do you have any plans for a Head coaching job in the nearby High schools that might have openings? If you decide to coach elsewhere, you can try a different position or even be a coordinator if you don't get the head job. I will be happy to be a quality control guy. :)

ibarramedia
08-01-2008, 07:27 PM

Count me in.

What are you doing in the mountains?

ibarramedia
08-01-2008, 07:28 PM

Count me in.

Is Zennie even a member of the forum??

FemFlex
08-02-2008, 12:44 AM
What are you doing in the mountains?
Morgan's bday was yesterday, so took her on a daddy-daughter date to watch Michelle Wie play in a PGA event just outside Reno. Cool experience for both of us.

We topped out at 8900 feet...unreal.

scottnva
08-02-2008, 03:57 AM
hey tre sound like a cool trip, i am not seeing your name under franchises yet?

Siouxcountry
08-02-2008, 04:25 AM
Is Zennie even a member of the forum??

I doubt it. Invite him.

FemFlex
08-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Daddy's in.

scottnva
08-04-2008, 01:42 AM
bueller...