PDA

View Full Version : I am banned at MD!

Siouxcountry
03-02-2008, 04:53 PM
This is the kind of person who runs the board over there.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/NEW/7001.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/NEW/7002.jpg

I was banned for posting two links to FigureRX. I linked to a thread which had info on the amateur event. MD did not have any info on the amateur event at the time (and probably still doesn't). I posted these links in Dixie Reynolds, and Kendra McAdams prep thread for the Arnold amateur. Kendra placed 2nd in class D, and Dixie placed 4th. MD DID NOT HAVE ANY INFO ON THIS!

One reason I created this board is for all of us to have the best info here, or a link away. No one here will be banned, or have their post edited or deleted because she or he posts a link to info that will benefit the members here.

The Adman even made it so I can not see the women's section (I can see the rest of the board fine). I have to log out to see the women's section.

I spent 100s of hours building that section, and NOW I HAVE TO LOG OUT TO SEE IT!

He actually created a user group just for me and placed me in it. This group has PM disabled, can not post, use search, view attachments, or view the women's section. My title remains "Wiseguy", not "Time Out", or "BANNED".

Hakan
03-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Hmmm if they don't cover that event well then it is ok for you to do what you did - I think.. Danm I should have been banned long time ago on my board since I do this all the time... No reason to be a copycat all the time.....

No matter what - I do think you do a great job!!!!!

Bernie
03-02-2008, 05:24 PM
i have a grand total of 5 posts over.....:D

and if that is what they are banning people over.....it may stay that way for a long time.

MoreMuscles1
03-02-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm sorry Sioux, but please keep up the great job you do over here!! It is their loss and the womens' and fans' gain.

AnneP
03-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Sorry to hear that, Sioux. "Forum world" is so crazy. Giving links- spreading the word - gathering as much information and pics as possible to all is something what FBB/Fitness/Figure need. And someone who does that , gets banned!? Insane.. I am so happy, that you're allowing to links to MD, Genex, everywhere and not sinking that low.

Sioux, you really should ban me. All those links to eastlabs .. bbszene... omg! ;)

Hakan
03-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Sorry to hear that, Sioux. "Forum world" is so crazy. Giving links- spreading the word - gathering as much information and pics as possible to all is something what FBB/Fitness/Figure need. And someone who does that , gets banned!? Insane.. I am so happy, that you're allowing to links to MD, Genex, everywhere and not sinking that low.

Sioux, you really should ban me. All those links to eastlabs .. bbszene... omg! ;)

Yes you are a bad one AnneP :awesome:

jasons805
03-02-2008, 05:47 PM
they are getting nuts over there

Bernie
03-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Yes you are a bad one AnneP :awesome:

look who's talking you have five links in your signature....gosh....

BANNED!!!!!

:)

Hakan
03-02-2008, 06:20 PM
look who's talking you have five links in your signature....gosh....

BANNED!!!!!

:)

:banghead: but all in Danish - but I can see I missed one link and that is to the board/forum where do a bit of writing or to much.. or something...

Bernie
03-02-2008, 06:51 PM
:banghead: but all in Danish - but I can see I missed one link and that is to the board/forum where do a bit of writing or to much.. or something...

no excuses....
BANNED!!!!

i guess you're lucky im not an admin......:banghead:

:p

Siouxcountry
03-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Some of you may not know, but our own Ripitupbaby is also banned at MD.

Hakan
03-02-2008, 08:09 PM
no excuses....
BANNED!!!!

:touche: :ct:

I guess Im lucky

Bernie
03-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Some of you may not know, but our own Ripitupbaby is also banned at MD.

yeah i knew......

sucks.....

Bernie
03-02-2008, 08:17 PM
no excuses....
BANNED!!!!

:touche: :ct:

I guess Im lucky

oh really......

http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/dvv/bash.gif

http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/ed/muccawhore.gif

http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/violent/Dippie.gif

what now?

Hakan
03-02-2008, 08:58 PM
oh really......

http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/dvv/bash.gif

http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/ed/muccawhore.gif

http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/violent/Dippie.gif

what now?

What can I do???:spit::spit::spit:

can't belive that they banned you all for linking to other sites, could understand if you were promoting other sites, like they were better than MD etc.

Bernie
03-02-2008, 09:25 PM
some message boards are just ridiculous......

Siouxcountry
03-02-2008, 09:47 PM
some message boards are just ridiculous......

Absolutely! And moderators who support such censoring are a joke.

Shelly
03-02-2008, 10:22 PM
:nuts::nuts::mad::banghead:

Bernie
03-02-2008, 10:39 PM

i am 100% in agreement.

Lynx
03-02-2008, 11:24 PM
:confused:How weird, that sucks SC. :nuts:

ripitupbaby
03-02-2008, 11:28 PM
Welcome to the club, sioux. It's an honor to have you among us. :cool:

cray17
03-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Say what?!?! That's bullshit, man! :mad: I'm sorry for both you and ripitupbaby. I don't post there anymore anyways, I focus on the board that actually give a damn about women's bodybuilding, fitness, and figure...why else would I be here and a moderator @ Feminine Bodybuilding? ;)

Siouxcountry and Ripitupbaby FTW!!!:awesome:

dallas3
03-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Say what?!?! That's bullshit, man! :mad: I'm sorry for both you and ripitupbaby. I don't post there anymore anyways, I focus on the board that actually give a damn about women's bodybuilding, fitness, and figure...why else would I be here and a moderator @ Feminine Bodybuilding? ;)

Cray, you took the words right outta my mouth my man:awesome:

P.S. - MD is good but they could be way better especially without the overinflated egos over there.

ripitupbaby
03-03-2008, 12:14 AM
LOL we're nothing but a bunch of trolls and spammers, me and sioux. :D

Bernie
03-03-2008, 12:25 AM
im thinking about showing then exactly what trolling and spamming is all about, but its not worth my time and effort......

Siouxcountry
03-03-2008, 12:28 AM

MD cares about MD.

SBT
03-03-2008, 12:35 AM
Just for the record, I think this is some BS right here!!!

Sorry you had a bad day as well today buddy!

IslandGirl
03-03-2008, 03:45 AM
You know how I feel sioux!

I'm sowwwy! :hug:

ibarramedia
03-03-2008, 04:57 AM
Maybe he should ban himself. He's got that guitarjam.com goin on right there. At least you had FBB fit/fig related stuff. Sioux buddy, we all know the excuses are bogus. he's just trying to find an excuse to get rid of you which he did. The vendetta and feud he has with you and ripitupbaby makes no sense at all. At the end of the day, he sees you as a threat. and Jealousy is the only logical explanation. I'm really sorry you all had to go through that. At least now, you've got your own board so let it go..... i'm with you Sioux. And i feel you man.

Alli
03-03-2008, 06:50 PM
This is the kind of person who runs the board over there.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/NEW/7001.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/NEW/7002.jpg

I was banned for posting two links to FigureRX. I linked to a thread which had info on the amateur event. MD did not have any info on the amateur event at the time (and probably still doesn't). I posted these links in Dixie Reynolds, and Kendra McAdams prep thread for the Arnold amateur. Kendra placed 2nd in class D, and Dixie placed 4th. MD DID NOT HAVE ANY INFO ON THIS!

One reason I created this board is for all of us to have the best info here, or a link away. No one here will be banned, or have their post edited or deleted because she or he posts a link to info that will benefit the members here.

The Adman even made it so I can not see the women's section (I can see the rest of the board fine). I have to log out to see the women's section.

I spent 100s of hours building that section, and NOW I HAVE TO LOG OUT TO SEE IT!

He actually created a user group just for me and placed me in it. This group has PM disabled, can not post, use search, view attachments, or view the women's section. My title remains "Wiseguy", not "Time Out", or "BANNED".

I love MD....but tons of people over the weekend at the Arnold commented on how dead the women's forums have been over there since you left sioux. I'm so sorry..........

gymdiva
03-03-2008, 07:03 PM
I hate this word but it's the only one that aptly describes the situation...

WHAT-EV!!!

Quadrablue
03-03-2008, 08:01 PM
I say good riddance to bad rubbish. I post rarely there anymore. I love the girls but most of the threads are so trite these days. Its just the same thing with a different title.

ISABELLE TURELL
03-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Sioux

I am sorry about what happened over at MD.

on a positive note....

I want to tell you thank you for everything you do for us athletes. You are such a great supporter of female bodybuilding, figure and fitness. I can't tell you enough how nice it is that you are so passionate about the sport. You dont put up with crap/drama, and immediatly nip the garbage in the butt.

Your board kicks ass and it keeps getting better and better.:respect:

Siouxcountry
03-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Thank you, everyone! :)

This is your board folks! :awesome: I'm just the guy who runs it is all.

oreganoo
03-03-2008, 10:43 PM
hey, iīm sorry for both of you.
it makes no sense that you gets banned for this reason. you help through linking only to spread the information and to connect to other supporters.
the links would not harm anyone.
iīm really thankful for this board and for fb.com

Thank you, everyone! :)

This is your board folks! :awesome: I'm just the guy who runs it is all.

:respect::yourock:

keep the good work up

and sioux i found a way against the questionmarks on www.urbandictionary.com.

:awesome1:i know now what bs, ftw, what ev mean. need to bookmark the site

Siouxcountry
03-03-2008, 10:55 PM
and sioux i found a way against the questionmarks on www.urbandictionary.com (http://www.urbandictionary.com).

:awesome1:i know now what bs, ftw, what ev mean. need to bookmark the site

That is a great site. I just bookmarked it too.

SBT
03-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Nice call on the bookmark :D

I still don't think you deserved that, but then again there seems to be A LOT of that going around here lately :kiss:

Shelly
03-04-2008, 12:20 AM
bottom line is....
no one will EVER touch sioux on the love and respect that we all have for him

no one will EVER have what he has- the support and admiration from all of us competitors and lovers of the sport!

AMEN! :D

NPCIN
03-04-2008, 12:46 AM
I'm glad that Sioux started his own board. I've said it before and I'll say it again...this will be known as the best board in due time.

ISABELLE TURELL
03-04-2008, 01:12 AM
indeed it will be:bowdown:

Alli
03-04-2008, 01:35 AM
I'm glad that Sioux started his own board. I've said it before and I'll say it again...this will be known as the best board in due time.

I agree!!!!

Bernie
03-04-2008, 02:19 AM
i agree, in time this will be known as one the greatest FBB board around. we just need to keep the riff raff out......oh shoot....i guess that means i will be exiting soon.....

jasons805
03-04-2008, 02:34 AM
i agree, in time this will be known as one the greatest FBB board around. we just need to keep the riff raff out......oh shoot....i guess that means i will be exiting soon.....

lol. I do hope as it gets bigger that we don't see a bunch of assholes poppin in start shit.

Bernie
03-04-2008, 03:06 AM
lol. I do hope as it gets bigger that we don't see a bunch of assholes poppin in start shit.

**note** dont tell anyone from Unreal about this place **end note**

dallas3
03-04-2008, 03:22 AM
This board will easily be one of the top boards by the end of the year and I'm sure Sioux will be regulating those who try to start trouble here.

ibarramedia
03-04-2008, 06:02 AM
**note** dont tell anyone from Unreal about this place **end note**

Too late for that. Between me, you, 805.... Tre knows about it, HDPysiques is registered here... Hopefully the alter ego does not show up. Cover's been blown buddy.

Siouxcountry
03-05-2008, 02:08 AM
This board will easily be one of the top boards by the end of the year and I'm sure Sioux will be regulating those who try to start trouble here.

Everybody here seems cool so far. The women here are treated with respect, and that is how it should be at every board.

KMS
03-05-2008, 01:38 PM
What I think is so bad about this Sioux is that over the weekend...I saw your post that posted a link directly to Dave Palumbo's play by play ON YOUR OWN BOARD to their board.

See this is what bothers me about boards. I don't get why some people feel that you can't belong to multiple boards. I am a member of one in particular that I give nothing but kudo's, hello's and post positive positive support statments to the members and owners of that board. NO ONE will give me that much respect that they expect me to give to them by just one time coming in and giving support on my board to maybe someone that needs a self esteem boost. It's very sad to say the least. So instead I get to be the outsider that is talked about. It's ok..it's all good...I know the person that I am and so do you Sioux. You know who you are and what you stand for.

Just do what you always do Sioux and be the better person for it. Hold your head high and know that you in your heart are lending support, giving encouragement and helping to promote the womens athletes the best way you can.

you know we love you

PS By the way...I THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING ME AND MY PEEPS. Love ya dude.

KMS
03-05-2008, 01:41 PM

UMMMMM I think he has a few female bodyguards out there that could pulverize anyone that tried to start anything here. LOL :respect:

Bernie
03-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Too late for that. Between me, you, 805.... Tre knows about it, HDPysiques is registered here... Hopefully the alter ego does not show up. Cover's been blown buddy.

oh shoot......eh, theres a couple of them i dont mind....but its all good. just as long as the bickering stays elsewhere its all good

anglicanbeachparty
03-05-2008, 02:17 PM
I don't know how many of you remember the 1992 Presidential campaign, and H. Ross Perot's use of the phrase giant sucking sound (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_sucking_sound). Perot was referring to the predicted departure of US jobs to Mexico because of NAFTA, but lately I've heard another Giant Sucking Sound.

As nearly as I am able to identify it, it seems to be created by the exodus of so many top-notch female physique competitors from the MD forums, as they discover and join siouxcountry.com ...

In the old days, I used to have to check the MD forums daily, or I'd miss something important. Now, I only need to go back every 3-4 days to see if Vicki (wildangel) has posted in any threads, or if I have a PM from Steve W. On the other hand, I have to hit the "New Posts" button here at SC about every 3 hours, to avoid missing something important.

I think the results of the (how can I put this ...) "Exit Polls" reveal the undeniable truth: To create the safe haven that Sioux created over there, he did indeed require full Moderatorial powers. On the female boards over there, I predict continued catabolic effects, while I expect continued anabolic ones over here.

Keep doing what you do so well, Siouxcountry!

:awesome: (PS ... that is TrueProtein Citrus Lime, not beer, in my emoticon mug.)

Shelly
03-05-2008, 02:30 PM
I don't know how many of you remember the 1992 Presidential campaign, and H. Ross Perot's use of the phrase giant sucking sound (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_sucking_sound). Perot was referring to the predicted departure of US jobs to Mexico because of NAFTA, but lately I've heard another Giant Sucking Sound.

As nearly as I am able to identify it, it seems to be created by the exodus of so many top-notch female physique competitors from the MD forums, as they discover and join siouxcountry.com ...

In the old days, I used to have to check the MD forums daily, or I'd miss something important. Now, I only need to go back every 3-4 days to see if Vicki (wildangel) has posted in any threads, or if I have a PM from Steve W. On the other hand, I have to hit the "New Posts" button here at SC about every 3 hours, to avoid missing something important.

I think the results of the (how can I put this ...) "Exit Polls" reveal the undeniable truth: To create the safe haven that Sioux created over there, he did indeed require full Moderatorial powers. On the female boards over there, I predict continued catabolic effects, while I expect continued anabolic ones over here.

:awesome: (PS ... that is TrueProtein Citrus Lime, not beer, in my emoticon mug.)

very very well put!!!:respect:

:awesome: mine is vodka with club soda and extra limes ;)

ibarramedia
03-05-2008, 06:07 PM

LOL @ Catabolic and Anabolic. True my friend, very true... You won't miss out much on MD and can check it out once a week or so. Here you miss a day and it might be 4 pages of "New Posts".

Siouxcountry
03-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Luv ya Kate, you are treasured here. You have been nothing but kind to me.

I'll continue to post links to MD if I think the info over there would interest people here. And Sallyanne herself can come here and represent MD.

What I think is so bad about this Sioux is that over the weekend...I saw your post that posted a link directly to Dave Palumbo's play by play ON YOUR OWN BOARD to their board.

See this is what bothers me about boards. I don't get why some people feel that you can't belong to multiple boards. I am a member of one in particular that I give nothing but kudo's, hello's and post positive positive support statments to the members and owners of that board. NO ONE will give me that much respect that they expect me to give to them by just one time coming in and giving support on my board to maybe someone that needs a self esteem boost. It's very sad to say the least. So instead I get to be the outsider that is talked about. It's ok..it's all good...I know the person that I am and so do you Sioux. You know who you are and what you stand for.

Just do what you always do Sioux and be the better person for it. Hold your head high and know that you in your heart are lending support, giving encouragement and helping to promote the womens athletes the best way you can.

you know we love you

Siouxcountry
03-05-2008, 07:26 PM
And now Vicki posts here occasionally. :)

Vicki and Carla were the first pros I got to know at MD. I am positive Carla will join us someday as well.

I'll be checking the MD board less and less. Most of the quality info at MD is on the main site, so very little reason for me to visit the board now that I can no longer use search, view attachments, etc.

Thanks, Paul! :)

ripitupbaby
03-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Carla will be here for sure, when she has a chance to get back on the boards! :cool:

IslandGirl
03-05-2008, 08:39 PM

:awesome: Well said!

And I like how yours is TrueProtein Citrus Lime!!! Mines is TrueProtein coffee whey! :awesome:

CQ!
03-06-2008, 06:31 AM
I agree also that this board will very quickly become the 'place to be' online for the female physique crowd. For how new it is, it is growing rapidly already.

ibarramedia
03-06-2008, 06:33 AM
Do you think you can get Maria Segura to post here?

jenscats5
03-06-2008, 11:41 PM
SC - sorry to hear of your banning, but I know how you feel as I was banned from another board for helping someone out and was never notified of it. Oh well....their loss is yours & our gain as you seem to have set something up worthwhile & as someone said "safe" and pleasant to chat. Good for you!

sixzebra
03-25-2008, 09:33 PM
your departure from MD explains a lot. I wondered what the hell happened to the women's forum. It just died a quick death all of the sudden. huh, oh well, i like it here.

Shelly
03-25-2008, 11:40 PM
your departure from MD explains a lot. I wondered what the hell happened to the women's forum. It just died a quick death all of the sudden. huh, oh well, i like it here.

it definitely slowed down over there thats for sure...

all of the fun is here now!:cheerleader::yippie::woohoo::hula:

IronpumpedLady
03-26-2008, 02:14 AM
Wel, it was definitely there loss, not yours!!! YOUR board looks awesome!!!

Stay Strong~~!!!
IPL

Bernie
03-26-2008, 02:24 AM
i like it here

sue upson
03-26-2008, 02:59 AM
me too:sc:

dallas3
03-26-2008, 03:07 AM
This is the hot spot and MD lost out

Siouxcountry
03-26-2008, 05:19 AM
Without all you, this board wouldn't exist! Thank you, and lets rock, and have some fun! :awesome:

IslandGirl
03-26-2008, 05:27 AM
SC - sorry to hear of your banning, but I know how you feel as I was banned from another board for helping someone out and was never notified of it. Oh well....their loss is yours & our gain as you seem to have set something up worthwhile & as someone said "safe" and pleasant to chat. Good for you!

That's crazy Jen! :banghead:

IslandGirl
03-26-2008, 05:27 AM

Hey girl! Great to have you here!!!

anglicanbeachparty
04-26-2008, 01:51 AM

Less than 2 months after I wrote this, I am not surprised to find that there is currently a thread on the MD Women's Bodybuilding forum, wondering why it is so quiet over there. I think the answer is pretty obvious. :angel:

Siouxcountry
04-26-2008, 01:57 AM
Less than 2 months after I wrote this, I am not surprised to find that there is currently a thread on the MD Women's Bodybuilding forum, wondering why it is so quiet over there. I think the answer is pretty obvious. :angel:

Me and this board is a Taboo subject over there (unless it's to make fun of me).

Did you see they have a thread stickied with my name in it called the schmoe list? :rolleyes:

anglicanbeachparty
04-26-2008, 02:05 AM
Me and this board is a Taboo subject over there (unless it's to make fun of me).

Did you see they have a thread stickied with my name in it called the schmoe list? :rolleyes:

No, I didn't see that. Now I'll have to go check and see if I'm on the list! :rolleyes:

Femphysiquefan
04-26-2008, 05:24 AM
No, I didn't see that. Now I'll have to go check and see if I'm on the list! :rolleyes:

I just checked over there to see if I'm on the list, and I'm not.........then again, I haven't posted on there very little since SC left. MAJOR kudos to Mike Pulcinella, BTW. He has stood up for SC and several other guys over on that thread who I feel were unfairly and uncritically labeled "schmoes." Keep it up, Mike!!

anglicanbeachparty
04-26-2008, 11:05 AM
MAJOR kudos to Mike Pulcinella, BTW. He has stood up for SC and several other guys over on that thread who I feel were unfairly and uncritically labeled "schmoes." Keep it up, Mike!!

Amen! Bravo, Mike!! I hadn't seen that until last night. Mike Pulcinella basically stepped into the middle of an existing "find the schmoes" witch hunt thread, and injected some calm and rationality into the discussion. Soon, people were making civil posts and actually discussing important distinctions. Actually thinking instead of acting like a lynch mob.

Much respect, Mike.

Mikiko
04-26-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm a little new to the forums...I signed up last year, but didn't really "cruise" around the threads until earlier this year. I have enjoyed Sioux's commentary on the message boards! I honest liked the MD forums - for threads other than the women's forum--but now I draw inspiration from seeing and hearing from other competitors.

Thank you for creating this message board! I was wondering why the MD Women's Forums were dead. I enjoy following everyone's progress and reading commentary by other fitness competitors (as opposed to women who have never competed).

Don't get me wrong--I am by no means snobbish, it's just that sometimes I have issues that only another competitor can understand. Sometimes even my best friend (who does not compete or even workout) can't find the right words to say. And that's when I turn to the message boards.

Siouxcountry
04-26-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm a little new to the forums...I signed up last year, but didn't really "cruise" around the threads until earlier this year. I have enjoyed Sioux's commentary on the message boards! I honest liked the MD forums - for threads other than the women's forum--but now I draw inspiration from seeing and hearing from other competitors.

Thanks Mikiko! I am happy that you are here with us. I never gotta chance to get to know you at MD.

Thank you for creating this message board! I was wondering why the MD Women's Forums were dead. I enjoy following everyone's progress and reading commentary by other fitness competitors (as opposed to women who have never competed).

Don't get me wrong--I am by no means snobbish, it's just that sometimes I have issues that only another competitor can understand. Sometimes even my best friend (who does not compete or even workout) can't find the right words to say. And that's when I turn to the message boards.

This board's focus is the female physique competitor, and always will be.

I encourage all female competitors to unlurk and post, share info, and support one another. :)

Bernie
04-26-2008, 04:52 PM
i only have one comment on the whold schmoe thing. call me what you will, but i refuse to let what others label me, effect me. those who truly know me, or in this case know you. know who are and where your heart lies. and if they dont see you for who you are, and see you for how someone else labeled you. who needs them? i sure as heck dont.

Lisa
04-26-2008, 04:52 PM
I love this board & am so glad you are here:) Tell us more about YOU, Sioux...:popcorn:

Siouxcountry
04-26-2008, 05:15 PM
i only have one comment on the whold schmoe thing. call me what you will, but i refuse to let what others label me, effect me. those who truly know me, or in this case know you. know who are and where your heart lies. and if they dont see you for who you are, and see you for how someone else labeled you. who needs them? i sure as heck dont.

I think it's disgusting that such a large board would have such a forum where members are encouraged to belittle other forum members. No one will ever see such a forum like that here.

I love this board & am so glad you are here:) Tell us more about YOU, Sioux...:popcorn:

Thanks, Lisa! Not much about me that is interesting. I'm not a competitor, I make no money in this industry (I'm actually $400-500 in the red). I have only been interested in the women's side of this sport for a 1.5 years or so. Just never gave it much thought before. The women themselves made me a fan.

I had the passion, motivation, time, and internet savy to do what I did, so I did it.

Hopefully we'll continue to grow here, and you all will continue to have fun!

I'm fortunate to have the best mod team on any board out there IMO. Each mod is just as passionate about the sport as I. They all are so helpful. :)

Bernie
04-26-2008, 06:10 PM
I think it's disgusting that such a large board would have such a forum where members are encouraged to belittle other forum members. No one will ever see such a forum like that here.

that has 100% to do with how the Admin wants to run things. i have been around too many messge boards in the past 10 years. and it all had to do with Administration, and how their moderators are led. it seems over there they want to it to be an everything goes site, as long as it is in line with the admin's agenda. which, unfortunatly, is their perogative. its just whack to see that. from what i have seen over there, it is very cliquey, and very lopsided. there is no moderation on the "in crowd" where as everyone else is over moderated.

but you know what? i am actually thankful for that. becuase if things where not that way.....this place wouldnt be here.

and i must agree, you not only have the greatest mods in the world....you have the most beautiful set of mods i have ever encountered.

jasons805
04-26-2008, 07:01 PM
That is an annoying thread over there. I have not been to the board in a long time, and for good reason too.

NPCFigure 40
04-26-2008, 08:51 PM

I have NOT seen this..and it Pisses me off!! That is just not right. The Mods should have taken care of this. After everything you did there! Their loss, is definately your gain! This board and :sc:

Betsy
04-26-2008, 10:10 PM
There is no need to even DISCUSS other boards.. since this one FAR SURPASSES any other board out there right now!! Sioux.. you ROCK! :yourock::10::sc::cheerleader::yippie:

dallas3
04-27-2008, 06:00 AM
That board is funny with the insecure people that hide behind the computer and think they really are Triple H, Arnold, Hulk Hogan, Tony Soprano or whatever jacked up wannabe gangster tough guy they feel like being for the moment. Those people, male and female do more harm than good in the long run.

xena
04-27-2008, 10:36 AM
OMG! I have never really looked around on the MD website. It's the most disgusting and classless site I have ever seen. Most of the crap on there has little to nothing to do with BB. To me, to be part of the so-called "Schmoe" list is an honor.

I'll be added to the "Schmoe" list soon enough. In my one and only post I asked them to add me to the list because I am so repulsed by the subject matter they have on that site.

If I were any of you, I wouldn't be too upset to be an MD Schmoe.

jenscats5
04-27-2008, 06:44 PM
OMG! I have never really looked around on the MD website. It's the most disgusting and classless site I have ever seen. Most of the crap on there has little to nothing to do with BB. To me, to be part of the so-called "Schmoe" list is an honor.

I'll be added to the "Schmoe" list soon enough. In my one and only post I asked them to add me to the list because I am so repulsed by the subject matter they have on that site.

If I were any of you, I wouldn't be too upset to be an MD Schmoe.

There are a few other boards where the idiocy is off the hook.....

sassy69
04-28-2008, 07:12 PM

you know we love you

Not speaking to politics between any boards or speaking for any boards, there are generally applied rules about posting links on one board to other locations that essentially amount to driving traffic away from the primary board to the other location. This is a very fundamental rule of thumb about creating a website for a business purpose - KEEP THE VIEWER ON YOUR SITE. So it is generally not supported to link to other sites. This gets a little hairy when the poster is just trying to inject the info on the other site to the conversation at hand, but when people put money & time into a marketing / businessplan that involves a website & a community, it is held that you don't want to make it a forum for other people to pull traffic from your site to their site, regardless of the content just beign linked for conversation purposes. Stuff like this is usually written into the user agreement when you sign up to be a member.

That said, if your business plan is to become an open forum / exchange of sorts where the members are encouraged to share content as well as promote themselves and their own web real estate, that's great. But for sites like MD, it really isn't, they are asking to respect the amount of linking to other sites that you do. Regardless of the intent of the linking, that is generally what they are seeking to enforce. This includes links in discussion as well as in signatures or other display components that can be seen on their sites. I don't think this is intended to make people feel like they can't be members of other sites - even if the board owners might do some legwork to promote their site to others, with the volume of similar sites in any topic on the web, there's no way to expect a person to be limited to one board, and further, no way to enforce it. So I doubt that's the intent.

Just wanted to add this as it is a pretty fundamental part of doing any sort of business on the web - protect content & your traffic as these are the result of the money & time invested in the site.

Siouxcountry
04-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Hi Jill,

I understand what you are saying. I can tell you, and you have seen it. When I was a moderator at MD I posted a ton of links to other sites. What were the results... the forums continued to grow.

I mentioned this to Adman a few times. Of course he never listened.

We post a ton of links here. What are the results? Once again the forums are growing. Of course their are many reasons this board is growing, but I hope you understand what I am saying.

jasons805
04-28-2008, 07:40 PM
I remember posting a link to here over at md once. Someone asked where Isabelle Turell was post at, so I showed them. They remove my link, and send me a pm telling me I am spamming the boards. Yet when someone posted a link to here in the stupid Schmoe topic it was not removed. Seems they leave links up if they are intended to bash someone. They get removed, and they call you spammer if you have a good reason for posting a link.
Edit: Seems that Sschmoe topic was removed. At least they did something right.

Siouxcountry
04-28-2008, 08:00 PM

Yes looks like they deleted it.

sassy69
04-28-2008, 08:01 PM
I remember posting a link to here over at md once. Someone asked where Isabelle Turell was post at, so I showed them. They remove my link, and send me a pm telling me I am spamming the boards. Yet when someone posted a link to here in the stupid Schmoe topic it was not removed. Seems they leave links up if they are intended to bash someone. They get removed, and they call you spammer if you have a good reason for posting a link.

The linking rule is a tough one sometimes, as I mentioned the intent is often to share info that is pertinent to a discussion, but the linking still happens and can technically fall under the spammer rule. So it is what it is -don't read a lot into it - there are lots of links that moderators come across and maybe can't take the time to read a whole thread or understand what the intent was - it just stands as a link to someoen else's site. It usually gets worked out but that is the basis of the rule and not intended to immmediately label the person as a spammer. You'll usually get a PM warning or soemthing explaining. If it happens again, usually w/ similar link, then it appears to the admin that you are ignoring the warning and continuing, which starts to smell like spammer indeed.

Internet communities are hard to regulate and people take offense when they fall into one of the large 'catch-alls' that are used to keep people from taking advantage of the board & its audience so there will always be people caught in between. Don't take it personally or read into it if the intent was not to spam. Its a judgement call that is different across different boards and enforced w/ differing degrees.

Sometimes a certain "way it is done" is gathered just from watching how it happens in practice when certain people are involved, but usually it will fall back to the basic & posted rule of "no spamming" if different people are involved who don't know the "usual way" things happen.

oreganoo
04-28-2008, 09:01 PM
hey friends,

i like FB.com and SC.com because of the members.
i got to know some cool guys on both boards.

the ban reminds me of " kindergarten "
and something like this shmoe list has existed before in some no-democratic states. ( and still do ). has this shmoe list been created by an adult ?

i know that sioux is cool and others on this board are too and this is enough for me

have a nice day :awesome1:

BTW.: ....i must admit that i really donīt know what a shmoe is. what do you call it in german or spanish ?

Siouxcountry
04-28-2008, 09:07 PM
BTW.: ....i must admit that i really donīt know what a shmoe is. what do you call it in german or spanish ?

Not sure.

It's a word used to put down men who are fans of female muscle.

oreganoo
04-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Not sure.

It's a word used to put down men who are fans of female muscle.

i like female muscle as you know and i would like to meet someone who would like to put ME down because of this reason.
if someone needs it, iīm feeling sorry. it is so stupid
:D

WillBrink
04-29-2008, 05:54 PM

What you have are moderators who get on a power trip because it's the only place in their life they have power over others. It's a personality type you can spot a mile away. I was banned from BB.com for two weeks recently for questioning the authority of a mod who considered the section he mods as "his" and didn't like me telling him what a crappy job he was doing. The three mods I employ are top of the shelf people who don't let their ego get in the way, nor use their power to bully or abuse people. If any of my mods used that "I am mod and God" routine, I would show them the door. Personally, that "the mod is always right" position is total BS as far as I am concerned.

I told the owner of BB.com I would not be coming back with a mod like that on their forums as I have added more to the body of knowledge to bodybuilding in one our than he has in his entire life, and that's a fact.

You can always tell the tone of a forum by it's owner and by extension, the mods. I have never had problems with anyone on MD, and they have always been OK with me, but I can't believe the way places like BB.com, GB, etc are run, and that's a shame as far as I am concerned, but just makes my forums and yours look better...

Siouxcountry
04-29-2008, 06:03 PM
WOW Can't believe you were banned at BB.com for two weeks.

WillBrink
04-29-2008, 06:08 PM
WOW Can't believe you were banned at BB.com for two weeks.

F-ing amazing no? And you really have to see the person who did it to believe it... hey, if BB.com wants to lose one of its best posters over a mod like that, that's their business. Pat Arnold was banned too, but by another mod, real BS going on over there...

Siouxcountry
04-29-2008, 06:29 PM
F-ing amazing no? And you really have to see the person who did it to believe it... hey, if BB.com wants to lose one of its best posters over a mod like that, that's their business. Pat Arnold was banned too, but by another mod, real BS going on over there...

I'll be honest I think many of the admins and mods of many boards don't know how to run a board.

I have had to deal with quite a few power tripping admins. Even sneaky ones who follow me around, and tell me they know who I PM, etc.

Mods who do nothing. I think a mod should contribute not just enforce the rules.

Mods who purposely start shit with others because they are bored.

We've had very little censoring here. As long as people respect the female competitor they have nothing to worry about. Not much drama here, so people who thrive off of drama will be better off at other boards.

All mods here contribute nearly everyday.

xena
04-30-2008, 10:21 AM

I found this from a website germanenglishwords.com

schmuck, shmuck, schmo, schmoe, shmo n. probably not related to Schmuck "jewelry, decoration, adornment": a jerk, oaf, fool. This word would normally not be included here because it probably does not come from German, but so many people have asked me about it that I am including an explanation. The mildly offensive English word schmuck is from the very offensive Yiddish word schmock, shmok "fool, penis." This much is certain.
Most dictionaries say the Yiddish word probably comes from Polish smok "snake, tail," although at least one says it probably comes from Slovenian, which, like Polish, is Slavic, not Germanic. The problem is that schmuck looks German, and there is even a German word Schmuck. One could even draw a connection between the Yiddish and German meanings ("penis" and "jewelry" respectively) with the expression "family jewels," but this is probably pure coincidence.
To complicate matters, at least one dictionary says the literal meaning of the Yiddish word is "a pendant" (which again could be a connection to jewelry) and that it is related to Old High German smocko, from which we get smock, a garment that hangs around one's neck.
It gets worse: One dictionary I found said the Yiddish word does indeed come from German Schmuck (without even a "probably"). Go figure.
Many dictionaries avoid the question altogether (or are extremely honest) and say "origin unknown" or leave it at "Yiddish" (if they include the entry at all).

oreganoo
04-30-2008, 01:31 PM
thanks xena,

i googled the word myself and i also searched in threads at MD.com.
i can imagine what it could mean.

for me it is really a frivolity to make such a list.
more worse is that people do not dare to use their brain and agree to the written word. i know that it is much easier to agree than to say something like " hey, i donīt agree, because... " . at MD.com are some members who are ok, but there are also brainiacs who need spokesman to follow. it has an analogy to " the real world ".

people who know me, know that i donīt like injustices

have a nice day :D

Mike Pulcinella
04-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Yes looks like they deleted it.

The Schmoe list was a disgrace and I was one of the Forum Leaders who moved for it's removal. It was getting to the point where one couldn't even express appreciation for a female BB (or MALE for that matter!) without being labeled with that word.

Siouxcountry
04-30-2008, 07:27 PM
The Schmoe list was a disgrace and I was one of the Forum Leaders who moved for it's removal. It was getting to the point where one couldn't even express appreciation for a female BB (or MALE for that matter!) without being labeled with that word.

Thanks, Mike! Indeed such a list doesn't help women's bodybuilding, or even the MD site.

Mike Pulcinella
05-01-2008, 01:42 AM
Thanks, Mike! Indeed such a list doesn't help women's bodybuilding, or even the MD site.

That was my argument exactly.