PDA

View Full Version : Competitor's Showcase number 4 - Tracy Bodner!

NYCStrongFox
08-12-2008, 11:03 PM
Hope everyone is enjoying their “productive” summer, whether it’s prepping for a show, in full off-season mode, or just relaxing and staying active and healthy. We’ve stayed glued to the computer (well glued to Siouxcountry.com) for so many competitions and hoping that our favorite takes the overall. As we all know, each competitor is a true champion! :trophy:

The athlete I chose to be our 4th Competitor’s Showcase winner is a champion, even before getting on the competition stage. She is one who though is very busy (who isn't these days), seems to have a handle on BALANCING every aspect in her busy life which includes her children, husband, home, job, training, dieting and so much more.

She came out of retirement, after having had done her last bodybuilding show 11 years ago and competed in Figure in ’06, but returned to her true passion, Bodybuilding in ’08 at the wonderful age of 45! She was determined to get on that stage and present a phenomenal physique. Since I came on this board, she had been one of the first to welcome me and she’s given a ton of support and advice to other board members. What I truly admire is her focus on returning to bodybuilding after all those years and making the changes needed to compete with some other outstanding bodybuilders at the USA’s National in Las Vegas!

It’s my pleasure to announce to you our 4th official winner:
Competitor's Showcase
Winner: Tracy Bodner (aka IslandGirl)

Tracy Bodner Interviewed by Melody Chao.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/NEW/TracePhotoShoot1.jpg

:aloha: Tracy! Tell us, how did you get started competing? Why did you decide to make the switch from figure to bodybuilding this year?
I started competing back in Hawaii. I use to be a runner participating in many marathons and half marathons. I enjoyed it very much. I had to hang up my running shoes due to a knee injury and shin splints. At this time, I joined a gym and started to weight train and loved the results I was getting. I immediately started to have people approach me in the gym asking me if I compete. I didn’t understand at the time what that really meant. Compete in what? lol I then met a guy who introduced me to bodybuilding. I attended a show and I found myself saying, “I want to do that.” :D I competed in 4 bodybuilding shows in Hawaii. I recently came out of retirement (lol) after 11 years and competed in my first Figure show in 2006, The Colorado State Championships.

The reason I made the switch from figure to bodybuilding this year was because I was told last year after I did the USA’s that if I wanted to continue competing in figure, I would have to stop lifting weights. Training hard, intense and heavy is who I am! I love it and cannot stop. I competed at the USA’s 2 weeks ago (bodybuilding of course) and I loved every minute of it. From prep to stage. It was awesome!
What kind of diet do you follow in your off-season? How about pre-contest? It all depends what my goals are at the time.

Off-season is a lot more relaxed. I eat clean most of the time, but if my family is going out to dinner I try not to fuss too much and enjoy the time with my family. I try to keep cheats to a minimum of 2-3 cheats a week. Our prime time to go out to eat is right after church on Sunday for lunch. I look forward to this a lot.

Pre-contest is strict. I typically carb cycle as this has worked wonderfully for me. I never cheat unless it is a “scheduled cheat”. I’m real anal about my prep. I measure all my foods regardless. Yeah, I’m anal. hahaha…

I usually eat 6-8 meals a day with 2-3 of those being TrueProtein shakes. My protein choices are: lean beef, chicken, turkey, fish, shrimp. Carb choices, I really love white rice, oatmeal and sweet potatoes. I recently found a love for peanut butter as my fat source. That could be trouble!!!
Give us an idea of what your pre-contest training looks like. I typically train 3-4x a week with weights. My last split was as followed:

*Shoulders/Traps/Triceps
*Back/Rear Delts
*Chest/Biceps
*Legs I alternate abs and calves.

Cardio starts off at 5 x a week and as I get closer to my contest it usually increases and I also get to double cardio days.

My off-season training I give credit to DC (DoggCrapp) training founded by Dante Trudel. Owner of TrueProtein.com It’s an amazing program and really tests your intensity levels. I LOVE it!
How many weeks out do you usually start your contest prep? What are you doing differently this time around as a bodybuilder? I’ve start anywhere from 12-16 weeks out.

I would say the only difference dieting as a bodybuilder this year was not having to hold back my prep because I was getting too lean. I just kept at it with my diet and cardio and practice posing a lot.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/NEW/TracePhotoShoot2.jpg

If you weren't competing in bodybuilding or figure, what other sport do you think you'd be involved in? Were you involved in sports through high school or college? If so, what sports were you involved in? I think I would love to be involved in gymnastics. I’m always in awe of fitness competitors.

I played softball in high school and in college I was a runner.
What have you found to be the most fulfilling part of competing? The most fulfilling part of competing is the entire process from beginning to end. To watch my body transform and see where you can take your physique. It’s amazing to see what simple dieting-making smart choices and being active can do to your body.
Why do you compete? Why do I compete? Because I LOVE it! I love to set goals and accomplish them. I love the dedication and drive it takes to get to the stage. I love the challenge. I love everything about competing.
What supplements, if any, do you incorporate in your diet and why? Multi-vitamin, vit C, mag/cal/zinc, melatonin, fish oil, evening primrose, glucosamine/chon/msm, BCAA, L-glutamine, TrueProtein shakes. And caffeine tabs when needed.
If a newbie were to ask you for advice on getting started, what 5 things would you advise them on? • Knowledge yourself on basic training, dieting, supplements etc…Do your research. There is a lot of information available.

• You will not get results by just weight training in the gym alone. Diet and being active is a huge part of seeing results. They all go hand in hand. Make sure to be eating at least 5-6 meals a day. A balance of protein, carbs, fat and veggies. Planning is key.

• If you are wanting to compete, I highly recommend hiring someone to assist you in that direction. It helps to have that “eye”. Listen to just this one person (s) and execute your plan to the hilt. You don’t want to be standing on stage and have regrets that you didn’t follow your plan to a “T”.

• Write down your goals. Pick a show that you would like to compete in. Share these goals with your family and friends to get as much support as you can.

• Practice posing. For both Figure and Bodybuilding. This is very important. Stage presentation. You have to be able to show the judges what you have worked so hard for.
What are some of your other interests? What do you like to do when you are NOT competing or prepping for a competition? This is easy. I love spending my time with my kids. This year we got season passes to Elitch Gardens so after church on Sunday’s we go and ride roller coaster and hang out by the pool. I love watching my kids have fun! That is my joy!

I also love just hanging out with Cameron and spending quality time with him. I love how we laugh and enjoy each others company. He is my world and my everything!

We also enjoy working with our clients and helping each and everyone of them reach their fitness goals. Watching their progress and transformation is highly inspiring and motivating for us.

I love going out to eat, going to the movies, SHOPPING and watching the Food channel.
What would be your ultimate goal as a competitor? My ultimate goal as a competitor is just to keep improving my physique and conditioning each time I step on stage. To inspire other women that You Can Do This! And of course getting a Pro card would be icing on the cake.
That's awesome that you found an outlet in the gym after you decided not to run anymore. Unfortunate it was due to injuries. So, you did four bodybuilding shows and decided to retire. You made a comeback 11 years later. A lot had changed in those 11 years in the sport. What made you want to come back and compete? Yes, a lot has changed since I last competed 11 years ago.

What made me decide to get back into competition? At the time, I had probably been judging for the NPC for about 4 years. I started to get the competition itch and wondered to myself…”Can I still be competitive at age 43?” (May I add you look hot for 43! ;) ) How would I know if I didn’t try? With the support of my husband Cameron and my children, I decided to compete at the Colorado State Championships. I competed both in BB’ing and Figure.
It seems that you get a lot of support from your husband and children. How do your kids feel about you competing in bodybuilding? Are you kids active in sports? Is so, what are they interested in? How do you manage it all; training, dieting, home, kids, husband, work? Oh yes! My husband and kiddos are very supportive of me competing. I would not be able to do this without their support and encouragement. My kids LOVE it when I compete (or even guest pose). My son and daughter yell out stuff like “Go Mom” “You look great Mom” “Smile Mom” and even ….”Mom, if you don’t smile, you don’t get french fries.” lol My son yelled that out last year when I was on stage at the USA’s. I was craving french fries big time! And yes, I did get french fries after the show. :eat:

My daughter use to be in gymnastics and we are probably thinking of getting her back in again. She wants to do a fitness competition in the future. My son plays roller hockey and baseball. He really loves playing baseball. Right now he just started up his 2nd season in baseball. He loves to watch all sports….even wrestling.

How do I manage it all…..well, again, my husband Cameron. He truly is an awesome husband, father and my best friend. I would not be able to do all that I do without his help and support. We are a Team. And I also give thanks to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am who I am today because of my personal relationship with Him.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/NEW/TraceFamily.jpg

Ok, you answered the question on what advice you would give a "newbie", but I'd like to know, as a mom and wife, what advice would you give a newbie who is a "mom and wife" who has a desire to compete in figure/bodybuilding? What additional advice would you offer? Believe in yourself! Compete for you, not for anyone else. And yes, you can get your figure back after having kids. There is so such thing as “I cannot do this.” Yes, you can. What better way to leave a legacy of fitness to your children. They watch every move we make and want to be like Mommy and Daddy. Show them the way. Teach them about how important it is to be healthy and staying active.

I cannot agree more with the advice on believing in yourself. If you don't, who will and how will you know how great you can be in the sport you chose to compete in? It all starts with oneself. I admire you more for being one of the gals representing us "over 40" athletes who no matter what age, we can do all we set our minds and hearts to. Never limits! Again, I posted in the thread from the USA's, I think you looked great with beautiful muscle and balance. I know you're proud of all you did and so is your family.

Your support, encouragement and dedication to the sport has not gone unnoticed. It's great that you've continued to be involved either in judging, training clients or competing. It's awesome that your family was behind you all the way (and what a beautiful family you have).

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/NEW/TraceStage.jpg

Best wishes to you (& your family) in succeeding in all you focus on and can't wait to see the "new" you in a few weeks! Congrats on all your accomplishments and on being our 4th winner! :aloha:

Shelly
08-12-2008, 11:58 PM
:respect:

SBT
08-13-2008, 12:02 AM
:woohoo: Go Trace!!! I knew it was gonna be you hehehehe!!

teri
08-13-2008, 12:12 AM
that was beautiful...well done mel on the questions-and tracy -U JUST ROCK.:D:D:kiss:

buffgina
08-13-2008, 12:14 AM
Tracy - no joke, I just had a tear in my eye reading that. You look phenominal, you have a great heart, and you are passionate about this sport. I also admire your values of family.....I hope to have something close to that someday. Just reading about your kids yelling out "go Mom" at the shows, and how you and your husband are a team is very touching. Thank you for showing us what can be done. :kiss:

Siouxcountry
08-13-2008, 12:24 AM
First I want to say Melody Chao deserves props for all that she does for us all. :respect: Honest to God you are a very special lady! :kiss:

I have known Tracy on the boards now for a year. She has been so supportive to me personally. This site is enriched because of her. She and her husband have so much knowledge they could literally write a book on the sport. Both judge shows, and both are successful trainers. Matter of fact many of their clients are regular members here.

Tracy is simply amazing! :awesome:

If you haven't already check out Tracy's USAs photo thread............

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=2439

jenscats5
08-13-2008, 12:41 AM
Whoooo!! How awesome!! Great interview too!!

NYCStrongFox
08-13-2008, 12:44 AM
First I want to say Melody Chao deserves props for all that she does for us all. :respect: Honest to God you are a very special lady! :kiss:

I have known Tracy on the boards now for a year. She has been so supportive to me personally. This site is enriched because of her. She and her husband have so much knowledge they could literally write a book on the sport. Both judge shows, and both are successful trainers. Matter of fact many of their clients are regular members here.

Tracy is simply amazing! :awesome:

If you haven't already check out Tracy's USAs photo thread............

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=2439

Tracy sure is awesome! :awesome: Keep it going girl! I enjoyed learning more about Tracy and what a great family she has. If I ever take a trip out to Colorado, I'm gonna look you up (& try to get adopted lol)

Aw, Sioux THANK YOU! I'm glad to be a part of it all and for you appointing me the mod for this forum. Can't wait to learn more about the upcoming winners. :respect: to all! :kiss:

Betsy
08-13-2008, 12:45 AM
Love it.. you are beautiful inside and out! :kiss:

buffgina
08-13-2008, 12:46 AM
Tracy sure is awesome! :awesome: Keep it going girl! I enjoyed learning more about Tracy and what a great family she has. If I ever take a trip out to Colorado, I'm gonna look you up (& try to get adopted lol)

Aw, Sioux THANK YOU! I'm glad to be a part of it all and for you appointing me the mod for this forum. Can't wait to learn more about the upcoming winners. :respect: to all! :kiss:

Melody - you are a very special person....you keep it real, and that is a very respectful thing.

NPCFigure 40
08-13-2008, 12:48 AM
Great interview Mel! Trace....You :yourock: Much respect!!!

NYCStrongFox
08-13-2008, 12:49 AM
Melody - you are a very special person....you keep it real, and that is a very respectful thing.

Aw, thank you!!! :waving:
Glad you're all enjoying this!

BUFFBARBIE
08-13-2008, 01:42 AM
Great job, you are a beautiful woman. Congrats!!

MsGuns
08-13-2008, 01:55 AM
CONGRATS Tracy!!!
GREAT PICK again Mel!!

KP DIVA
08-13-2008, 02:12 AM
Congrats Tracy!!! Loved the interview!!!

IslandGirl
08-13-2008, 03:19 AM
Thank you ladies SO MUCH! I totally adore and love each and every one of you! YOU are what makes me stay in this sport. YOU are what makes others want to get involved in what we all do.

And Mel! You are a true gem! I enjoyed doing this interview for you! Just let me know when you make a trip to Colorado. I'll be right there for you!

And Sioux! You are da best! Since I have met you, you have been such a blessing. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

cray17
08-13-2008, 03:25 AM
Very great and inspirational interview! :respect: to ya Tracy and :respect: to you Melody for the interview!!! :D

anglicanbeachparty
08-13-2008, 10:51 AM
This is GREAT! :respect:

And great to see a photo which includes Tracy's beautiful kids, also.

ripitupbaby
08-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Great selection!! Great story, wonderful inspiration, beautiful competitor, beautiful family... I love this woman!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Shelly
08-13-2008, 12:28 PM
love TRACE!!!!!!! so deserving girl!!!:respect:

Peanutbb
08-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Wonderful choice!!! Tracy ROCKS!!!

Great interview! Thank you so much Melody!!!

sdahlum
08-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Awesome interview! Tracy, you are an amazing woman and athlete. We've all got so much respect for you. Congratulations on EVERYTHING! :respect:

Badgergrl
08-13-2008, 01:21 PM
Sweet! :awesome:
Excellent choice. Tracy is such a great representative of the sport...awesome competitor, great attitude, and so supportive of others. Great family too!
Congrats, Tracy! :kiss:

CanonGirl
08-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Yeah, that's why I'm a Tracy fan.

:awesome:

Rainy
08-13-2008, 02:57 PM
I have major respect for you Tracy :respect: You are such an inspiration to us all. Thanks Mel and Tracy for this interview.

dvsness
08-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Great interview, great pics, especially at 43, damn. I want to look that good at 33, lol. What a trip your son is.

maoghandi
08-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Tracey you re da bomb!:awesome:

NYCStrongFox
08-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Hi all :waving: I'm glad you all like all the winners chosen since we started sc.com's Competitor's Showcase. It's never an easy choice for there are always 3 or 4 I really like at the same time. I enjoy showcasing a different athlete each time and I look for specific things that make her stand out a little more. I encourage you all to continue doing an awesome job motivating, encouraging, informing, sharing your journey (all the good, bad and ugly) for this is a sorority of sisters who have that one goal in mind and that's to be the best athlete they can be in the sport they chose to participate in. Continue to excel and stay driven to reach for the stars! :respect:

ParadiseCup
08-14-2008, 12:16 AM
Trace is actually 45 now :respect: she was 43 when she came back to competition in 2006. :)

johnstoa
08-14-2008, 12:23 AM
Enjoyed reading this very much. And you do look ABSOLUTEY AMAZING!
I saw that you started back in Hawaii. I used to live there myself, in Kona. I have 5 more years and I am headed home. You know the old cliche " Home is where the heart is" Well that is def home to me.

FitDancer
08-14-2008, 03:21 AM
Congratulations Tracy. I love your spirit. I really enjoyed reading your interview. You are a natural.

IslandGirl
08-14-2008, 04:53 AM
Very great and inspirational interview! :respect: to ya Tracy and :respect: to you Melody for the interview!!! :D

love TRACE!!!!!!! so deserving girl!!!:respect:

Wonderful choice!!! Tracy ROCKS!!!

Great interview! Thank you so much Melody!!!

Awesome interview! Tracy, you are an amazing woman and athlete. We've all got so much respect for you. Congratulations on EVERYTHING! :respect:

Yeah, that's why I'm a Tracy fan.

:awesome:

I have major respect for you Tracy :respect: You are such an inspiration to us all. Thanks Mel and Tracy for this interview.

Congratulations Tracy. I love your spirit. I really enjoyed reading your interview. You are a natural.

Wow! I am so moved by all your positive responses. That makes me feel really good and brings tears to my eyes! I'm so thankful and blessed to have gotten to know each and everyone of you! Hugs and Kisses!

IslandGirl
08-14-2008, 04:55 AM
This is GREAT! :respect:

And great to see a photo which includes Tracy's beautiful kids, also.

Great selection!! Great story, wonderful inspiration, beautiful competitor, beautiful family... I love this woman!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Sweet! :awesome:
Excellent choice. Tracy is such a great representative of the sport...awesome competitor, great attitude, and so supportive of others. Great family too!
Congrats, Tracy! :kiss:

Thank you everyone. My family is the greatest! I thank God everyday for them.

IslandGirl
08-14-2008, 04:56 AM
Great interview, great pics, especially at 43, damn. I want to look that good at 33, lol. What a trip your son is.

Trace is actually 45 now :respect: she was 43 when she came back to competition in 2006. :)

Eeeeek! I am 45 huh? Sheesh...I'm getting..........

IslandGirl
08-14-2008, 04:57 AM
Enjoyed reading this very much. And you do look ABSOLUTEY AMAZING!
I saw that you started back in Hawaii. I used to live there myself, in Kona. I have 5 more years and I am headed home. You know the old cliche " Home is where the heart is" Well that is def home to me.

Hi Alexandra. Yes, I was born and raised on Oahu. And you are right. Hawaii is still where I call home. It always will be.

What is keeping you from heading home sooner?

Thank you btw!

IslandGirl
08-14-2008, 04:57 AM
Hi all :waving: I'm glad you all like all the winners chosen since we started sc.com's Competitor's Showcase. It's never an easy choice for there are always 3 or 4 I really like at the same time. I enjoy showcasing a different athlete each time and I look for specific things that make her stand out a little more. I encourage you all to continue doing an awesome job motivating, encouraging, informing, sharing your journey (all the good, bad and ugly) for this is a sorority of sisters who have that one goal in mind and that's to be the best athlete they can be in the sport they chose to participate in. Continue to excel and stay driven to reach for the stars! :respect:

You are awesome Mel! Muah!

IslandGirl
08-14-2008, 04:59 AM

Aloha and welcome to SC, maoghandi! Tell us more about yourself!

NYCStrongFox
08-14-2008, 04:59 AM
:kiss: right back at cha missy!

johnstoa
08-14-2008, 09:07 AM
Hi Alexandra. Yes, I was born and raised on Oahu. And you are right. Hawaii is still where I call home. It always will be.

What is keeping you from heading home sooner?

Thank you btw!

My husband, is a Battallion Chief for the Fire Dept and he is set to retire then. He's put 25 yrs in and those last 5 years is where his retirement funds really jump up.

Do you have plans on returning yourself?

xena
08-14-2008, 10:04 AM
HOLY SMOKES! Where the @%! have I been???? This is AWESOME Tracy!! I love it!! You so deserve this honor!!! What an amazing interview and the pictures are just stunning! YOU are what I want to be one day!! Grace, beauty, brains, heart, & soul!!! You rock without a doubt as one of the best there is!!!!! :kiss:

DanielleA
08-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Just catching up on this too...congrats on being the showcase winner! You are an inspiration. I have so much respect for competitors who are moms, AND work! Geez! You can do it all! :respect:
BTW you should totally submit that pic of you posing with your arms over your head to a magazine. It's so beautiful.

Jennie
08-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Excellent interview Tracy!!! Such a positive inspiration in this sport for so many!! :respect:

Physedfit
08-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Good for you Tracy! You are such an inspiration!! Keep at it!

SBT
08-15-2008, 01:25 AM
p.s. LOVE all the pics and the interview!!

Siouxcountry
08-15-2008, 04:01 AM
Tracy's USAs photo shoot...............

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=2423

:cool:

scottnva
08-15-2008, 04:17 AM
tracey rocks :awesome:

ibarramedia
08-15-2008, 11:53 PM

Agreed. :respect::respect::respect::bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown: :awesome:

IslandGirl
08-16-2008, 05:15 AM
:kiss: right back at cha missy!

LOL. We could keep going back and forth! :hug:

IslandGirl
08-16-2008, 05:16 AM
My husband, is a Battallion Chief for the Fire Dept and he is set to retire then. He's put 25 yrs in and those last 5 years is where his retirement funds really jump up.

Do you have plans on returning yourself?

That's cool!!

Not anytime soon. Well, that I know of. Maybe Cam is going to surprise me???? :angel:

IslandGirl
08-16-2008, 05:16 AM
HOLY SMOKES! Where the @%! have I been???? This is AWESOME Tracy!! I love it!! You so deserve this honor!!! What an amazing interview and the pictures are just stunning! YOU are what I want to be one day!! Grace, beauty, brains, heart, & soul!!! You rock without a doubt as one of the best there is!!!!! :kiss:

Thank you Joanne! Thank you!

IslandGirl
08-16-2008, 05:17 AM
Just catching up on this too...congrats on being the showcase winner! You are an inspiration. I have so much respect for competitors who are moms, AND work! Geez! You can do it all! :respect:
BTW you should totally submit that pic of you posing with your arms over your head to a magazine. It's so beautiful.

Awww...you are so sweet Danielle! :kiss:

IslandGirl
08-16-2008, 05:17 AM
Good for you Tracy! You are such an inspiration!! Keep at it!

Hey cutie! You are an inspiration to me too!

IslandGirl
08-16-2008, 05:18 AM
p.s. LOVE all the pics and the interview!!

tracey rocks :awesome:

Agreed. :respect::respect::respect::bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown: :awesome:

THANK YOU!

NYCStrongFox
08-16-2008, 01:32 PM
LOL. We could keep going back and forth! :hug:

LOL true...I'm feeling silly, so one more for you (your turn lol) :yourock:

ParadiseCup
08-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Great write up Mel, you are awesome ! Muah!

NYCStrongFox
08-16-2008, 01:37 PM

Thank you :kiss:

IslandGirl
08-18-2008, 05:16 AM
LOL true...I'm feeling silly, so one more for you (your turn lol) :yourock:

Happy Birthday to one of my bestest online friends! :kiss:

IslandGirl
08-18-2008, 05:16 AM

Isn't she! I think so too! :awesome:

dallas3
08-19-2008, 01:29 AM
Hey IG, you look amazing in those pics. Saw you at the USA's but didn't get a chance to say hi. Keep doing what you do cause you're one of the best out there.

IslandGirl
08-19-2008, 05:46 AM
Hey IG, you look amazing in those pics. Saw you at the USA's but didn't get a chance to say hi. Keep doing what you do cause you're one of the best out there.

Big D! Yeah, I missed you! I saw somewhere that you said you saw me, you should've came up to me. I really wanted to meet you! Next time tho'!

And thanks for that comment. It means alot to me! I was a little discouraged, you could say, but thanks. I do take that to heart. :kiss:

dallas3
08-21-2008, 05:58 AM
Big D! Yeah, I missed you! I saw somewhere that you said you saw me, you should've came up to me. I really wanted to meet you! Next time tho'!

And thanks for that comment. It means alot to me! I was a little discouraged, you could say, but thanks. I do take that to heart. :kiss:

Next time around for sure and all the best with your operation

Brandi-
08-29-2008, 05:11 AM
Oh my goodness! I have seen you judging at Colorado shows a lot and often wondered if you were a competitor based upon your beautiful physique! Now I know! Very very impressive :)

Brandi N

IslandGirl
08-30-2008, 05:03 AM
Next time around for sure and all the best with your operation

Thank you!!

IslandGirl
08-30-2008, 05:05 AM
Oh my goodness! I have seen you judging at Colorado shows a lot and often wondered if you were a competitor based upon your beautiful physique! Now I know! Very very impressive :)

Brandi N

Aloha n welcome to SC Brandi. Now you have peaked my interest. I have to meet you at the next show that you will be attending. We have 3 more this year. Oct. 4th, Oct 25th and Nov. 15th. You can check out www.jefftaylor.com for more info. Let me know Brandi. I'd love to meet you!

Brandi-
09-01-2008, 01:12 AM
Aloha n welcome to SC Brandi. Now you have peaked my interest. I have to meet you at the next show that you will be attending. We have 3 more this year. Oct. 4th, Oct 25th and Nov. 15th. You can check out www.jefftaylor.com for more info. Let me know Brandi. I'd love to meet you!

Aww thank you!!

I have competed several times this year in Colorado and while I wasn't lean enough to be competitive I ultimately ended up with health trouble after following bad advice and finding myself in true starvation mode.

I have taken a couple of months off and have been recovering and now I am ready to try again. If I lean enough I will be at the October 25th show, on the stage. If not I will be in the audience cheering on my girlfriends. I am a D class competitor and as you know in Colorado that is a tough class full of beautiful girls with amazing conditioning! I am doing a delicate dance right now between leaning out and falling back into metabolic hell. My doctor thinks I am insane at the moment for trying this again but it is such an amazing personal challenge to compete I am not ready to walk away just yet!

Either way I will seek you out at the show.

Brandi N

Physedfit
09-01-2008, 01:15 AM
Yayyy for Tracy! can't wait to read what she has to say!

Siouxcountry
09-01-2008, 01:20 AM
Aww thank you!!

I have competed several times this year in Colorado and while I wasn't lean enough to be competitive I ultimately ended up with health trouble after following bad advice and finding myself in true starvation mode.

I have taken a couple of months off and have been recovering and now I am ready to try again. If I lean enough I will be at the October 25th show, on the stage. If not I will be in the audience cheering on my girlfriends. I am a D class competitor and as you know in Colorado that is a tough class full of beautiful girls with amazing conditioning! I am doing a delicate dance right now between leaning out and falling back into metabolic hell. My doctor thinks I am insane at the moment for trying this again but it is such an amazing personal challenge to compete I am not ready to walk away just yet!

Brandi N

Nice to have you here with us Brandi! :waving:

Brandi-
09-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Thank you so much! I am learning tons snooping around on here!

ParadiseCup
09-05-2008, 01:02 PM

Brandi N
we look forward to meeting you Brandi !

IslandGirl
09-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Aww thank you!!

Brandi N

Eeeek! That's not good. So your health is doing well? I bet your metabolism was shot for awhile. Yikes! Not good! Well holler if you have any questions. We do have weekly posing clinics in Aurora if you're interested. We have a bunch getting ready for the same show you are so let me know.

So what shows did you compete in?

Looking forward in meeting you too.

IslandGirl
09-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Yayyy for Tracy! can't wait to read what she has to say!

:waving::D

Brandi-
09-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Tracy Thank you! I am feeling much better now but yes my metabolism was damaged and my blood work was wacky for quite awhile. Probably one of the harder things for me was the mental affect during the competition prep. I felt emotional and exhausted and after one of the Colorado Springs show I nearly burst into tears at the venue when I came in dead last. Even though I didn't question the placing (it was deserved) I was so disheartened by not making progress when I was killing myself with hours of cardio. I was so depleted I was dizzy and nauseated the entire next day for the trip home. It is not suprising with the damage I was doing to my body my emotions were on high but I am reallllly embarassed at reaction regardless of the reason.

I competed in Boulder, Colorado Springs and at the Mile High. At the Colorado Springs show Dave Fuji actually gave me great feedback and I came back to try to compete again because he cut to the chase but still left me hope. I had so much fun the last competition I did which was the Mile High in June. I have learned so much this year and I will certainly be more cautious in what I am doing to my body.

I would definitely be interested in coming down for a posing clinic. I work nights and generally I am on duty on the weekends. Do you do them on Saturdays or during the week? The offer is much appreciated!

I am really hopeful I will be ready for the 25th but it is still a question mark at this moment because I gained sooo much weight with my body being off kilter after June. If I am not competing on the 25th I will be there watching and I will be onstage in November.

Cameron thank you to you as well. This site feels like a pretty welcoming place!

( I just realized how much I yammered along on a thread that was designed to be your showcase not my life story. I can move this post somewhere else if there is a better place for it ?)

IslandGirl
09-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Tracy Thank you! I am feeling much better now but yes my metabolism was damaged and my blood work was wacky for quite awhile. Probably one of the harder things for me was the mental affect during the competition prep. I felt emotional and exhausted and after one of the Colorado Springs show I nearly burst into tears at the venue when I came in dead last. Even though I didn't question the placing (it was deserved) I was so disheartened by not making progress when I was killing myself with hours of cardio. I was so depleted I was dizzy and nauseated the entire next day for the trip home. It is not suprising with the damage I was doing to my body my emotions were on high but I am reallllly embarassed at reaction regardless of the reason.

I competed in Boulder, Colorado Springs and at the Mile High. At the Colorado Springs show Dave Fuji actually gave me great feedback and I came back to try to compete again because he cut to the chase but still left me hope. I had so much fun the last competition I did which was the Mile High in June. I have learned so much this year and I will certainly be more cautious in what I am doing to my body.

I would definitely be interested in coming down for a posing clinic. I work nights and generally I am on duty on the weekends. Do you do them on Saturdays or during the week? The offer is much appreciated!

I am really hopeful I will be ready for the 25th but it is still a question mark at this moment because I gained sooo much weight with my body being off kilter after June. If I am not competing on the 25th I will be there watching and I will be onstage in November.

Cameron thank you to you as well. This site feels like a pretty welcoming place!

( I just realized how much I yammered along on a thread that was designed to be your showcase not my life story. I can move this post somewhere else if there is a better place for it ?)

Just saw this now. LOL.

It was great to finally meet you in person!