PDA

View Full Version : Another new person :)

MicheleW
08-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new to the board, referred by Ripitupbaby (aka Lori Steele), and am excited to be here. This looks like a very supportive community!

Good luck to everyone in their upcoming shows!

Best,

JasonLannigan
08-14-2008, 09:33 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new to the board, referred by Ripitupbaby (aka Lori Steele), and am excited to be here. This looks like a very supportive community!

Good luck to everyone in their upcoming shows!

Best,

Hi, Michele! :waving: You'll love our community here, I honestly don't know a better board for female physique competitors! ;)

What show is your avatar from? :)

AirHarp
08-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Welcome!

Physedfit
08-14-2008, 09:40 PM
Hey girl! Glad you joined us! Great to meet you!

MicheleW
08-14-2008, 09:40 PM
Hi, Michele! :waving: You'll love our community here, I honestly don't know a better board for female physique competitors! ;)

What show is your avatar from? :)

Hi! Thanks! Competing can get pretty lonely so it's nice to see such support. :gh2: The show that the avatar is from was the Arnold Classic Amateur last year. I've been competing on and off for about 7/8 years - started with natural bodybulding (anyone remember the ANBC???? :)), and then switched to figure a few years ago. I'm starting to get the itch to compete as I watch Lori (ripitupbaby) with her contest prep - what an inspiration!

:)

Meechel
08-14-2008, 09:48 PM
:waving: and welcome. I am just resident :cheerleader: :D

AirHarp
08-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Hi! Thanks! Competing can get pretty lonely so it's nice to see such support.

Thats what SC.com is all about. Supporting the women who engage in this crazy sport.

And the guys who are the fans :respect:

JasonLannigan
08-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Hi! Thanks! Competing can get pretty lonely so it's nice to see such support. :gh2: The show that the avatar is from was the Arnold Classic Amateur last year. I've been competing on and off for about 7/8 years - started with natural bodybulding (anyone remember the ANBC???? :)), and then switched to figure a few years ago. I'm starting to get the itch to compete as I watch Lori (ripitupbaby) with her contest prep - what an inspiration!

I am happy Lori invited you. Lori mods here. :cool:

Badgergrl
08-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Welcome!
:waving:

MicheleW
08-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Thank you to everyone that has welcomed me! How wonderful :)

MsGuns
08-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Welcome Michele (my mom's name)...
Post away...learn sumthing new...meet new friends...
Do you have an idea of what show you might get ready for?

KP DIVA
08-14-2008, 10:31 PM
Welcome Michelle!! Stay on this board and you won't be able to resist the itch to compete!! It's such a great support here!!!

MicheleW
08-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Welcome Michelle (my mom's name)...
Post away...learn sumthing new...meet new friends...
Do you have an idea of what show you might get ready for?

Hi! I am looking forward to new friends and of course learning new things as well. The more I watch other people get ready, I remember the excitement of it all and it makes me want to do it again. I haven't picked a show yet...it's still "just an itch" right now...

MicheleW
08-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Welcome Michelle!! Stay on this board and you won't be able to resist the itch to compete!! It's such a great support here!!!

Too funny! Are you competing soon??

DAUGTHEROFGOD
08-15-2008, 12:11 PM
WELCOME:waving::waving:

Ronster
08-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Thank you to everyone that has welcomed me! How wonderful :)

Welcome abaord! You'll love it here!

Ronster- Proud hubby of Melody Clere

Bronwyn
08-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Welcome here :waving:
A lot of new faces comes ...:awesome: That is great.

MicheleW
08-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Thank you Bronwyn, Ronster, DAUGTHEROFGOD for the latest welcomes! I'm Glad to be a new member!

ripitupbaby
08-15-2008, 02:22 PM
YAY Michele is here!! :awesome:

Glad to see you made it over here and jumped right into the mix. :waving:

This is a great board, and you won't find as many female competitors anywhere else on the net. Lots of inspiration on this board!

Thanks so much for your support and encouragement Michele!! :kiss:

Shelly
08-15-2008, 02:28 PM
hey michele welcome!:howdy:

ripitupbaby
08-15-2008, 02:30 PM

LOL welcome is michele's maiden name. :D

MicheleW
08-15-2008, 02:32 PM
YAY Michele is here!! :awesome:

Glad to see you made it over here and jumped right into the mix. :waving:

This is a great board, and you won't find as many female competitors anywhere else on the net. Lots of inspiration on this board!

Thanks so much for your support and encouragement Michele!! :kiss:

Hey girl!! Happy to be here because of you! You are so right - I cannot believe how many amazing athletes there are - all different levels and goals. Very cool :respect:

Speaking of, how are you feeling this week??? :popcorn:

p.s. can I tell you how much I love these smilies? OMG...some of them are just hilarious....

MicheleW
08-15-2008, 02:35 PM
LOL welcome is michele's maiden name. :D

....LOL - it's unforgettable that's for sure! That's the name I compete with for that reason. :)

ripitupbaby
08-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Hey girl!! Happy to be here because of you! You are so right - I cannot believe how many amazing athletes there are - all different levels and goals. Very cool :respect:

Speaking of, how are you feeling this week??? :popcorn:

p.s. can I tell you how much I love these smilies? OMG...some of them are just hilarious....

:spit: the smilies here are the best.

This one's mine :ripitupbaby:

I am feeling OK... my weight is dropping, and I am struggling right now to keep myself sane for two more weeks!! :o

MicheleW
08-15-2008, 02:38 PM

Thanks Shelly!

MicheleW
08-15-2008, 02:44 PM
:spit: the smilies here are the best.

This one's mine :ripitupbaby:

I am feeling OK... my weight is dropping, and I am struggling right now to keep myself sane for two more weeks!! :o

That's a cute one! I love how it's named after you too.

Two weeks to go....you are so close!! Have you made it to your goal weight class yet?

ripitupbaby
08-15-2008, 02:51 PM
That's a cute one! I love how it's named after you too.

Two weeks to go....you are so close!! Have you made it to your goal weight class yet?

Yes, as of yesterday, I am officially a lightweight. :eek:

Now it's a struggle to maintain this conditioning without losing any more size or muscle... hence the struggle to stay sane!!! :nuts:

MicheleW
08-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Yes, as of yesterday, I am officially a lightweight. :eek:

Now it's a struggle to maintain this conditioning without losing any more size or muscle... hence the struggle to stay sane!!! :nuts:

Wow that is just fantastic! What was your total weight loss??

ripitupbaby
08-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Wow that is just fantastic! What was your total weight loss??

About 33 pounds. :o

NYCStrongFox
08-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Hi Michele. :waving: Welcome! What are your plans for the rest of the season?

MicheleW
08-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Hi Michele. :waving: Welcome! What are your plans for the rest of the season?

Hi Melody! Thanks for the welcome! I plan to get back into "serious" training for the rest of the year and see how my body changes before I think about which show to do. Watching Lori's progress has really motivated me to do this and I have started to get that itch to compete (thanks girl!!). My nutrition has been balanced so I don't have any real weight to lose, but at this point I need to tone up if I plan on hitting the stage next year. My hamstrings/butt need the most work. Even on stage at my last show they weren't as tight as they need to be. So my official goal would be to tighten this area up :)

MicheleW
08-15-2008, 03:28 PM
About 33 pounds. :o

Amazing....:yourock:

NYCStrongFox
08-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Hi Melody! Thanks for the welcome! I plan to get back into "serious" training for the rest of the year and see how my body changes before I think about which show to do. Watching Lori's progress has really motivated me to do this and I have started to get that itch to compete (thanks girl!!). My nutrition has been balanced so I don't have any real weight to lose, but at this point I need to tone up if I plan on hitting the stage next year. My hamstrings/butt need the most work. Even on stage at my last show they weren't as tight as they need to be. So my official goal would be to tighten this area up :)

That's great that you have the itch to compete again and it's awesome getting that motivation from Lori :awesome: You'll get it to dial in. Best wishes and keep posting away. Maybe start a training journal!! are you coming out to watch Team U competition? A bunch of us will be there.

dvsness
08-15-2008, 03:52 PM

ripitupbaby
08-15-2008, 04:53 PM

Awww thanks Michele! :kiss:

It's been really motivating for me to have you in my cheering section! ;)

I have to dig up some old pics of us from the show we did together in 2005 when I get home and have a few mins. I know I have a couple cute ones from the after party! :D

MicheleW
08-15-2008, 09:22 PM
That's great that you have the itch to compete again and it's awesome getting that motivation from Lori :awesome: You'll get it to dial in. Best wishes and keep posting away. Maybe start a training journal!! are you coming out to watch Team U competition? A bunch of us will be there.

Thanks! I'll think about doing a journal...maybe when I pick a show! Unfortunately, I can't get the time off to go to Team U because I'm taking time off with my husband to go on vacation in the beginning of September. I hope there will be tons of pictures from the show though!

MicheleW
08-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Awww thanks Michele! :kiss:

It's been really motivating for me to have you in my cheering section! ;)

I have to dig up some old pics of us from the show we did together in 2005 when I get home and have a few mins. I know I have a couple cute ones from the after party! :D

I'm so happy that I'm a motivator for you - it's soooooo hard to get ready for a show! :bowdown:

I have a really cute picture of you, me, and Maggie from the afterparty from the show, but I'm not sure if Maggie B. would mind me posting her picture so I won't post... It's a great photo though!

Keep me posted, girl! :cheerleader:

MicheleW
08-15-2008, 09:28 PM

Hi Vanessa! I see you are doing the North Americans - best of luck to you!!!

cray17
08-15-2008, 09:51 PM
:D

Welcome to the board, Michele. Hope you enjoy it here and we hope you post often!

MicheleW
08-15-2008, 10:03 PM
:D

Welcome to the board, Michele. Hope you enjoy it here and we hope you post often!

Hi! Thank you! I hope to stick around for a while :)

NPCFigure 40
08-16-2008, 01:20 PM
:waving::welcome:

MicheleW
08-18-2008, 02:08 PM
:waving::welcome:

Thank you! Glad to be here :)