PDA

View Full Version : Our Island Girl will be competing at the USAs...

JasonLannigan
02-11-2008, 10:15 PM
In BODYBUILDING! :awesome:

After much thought and going back and forth on whether I wanted to still pursue Figure at the national level. I have finally made my decision.

Check out my new "ticker" in my signature. http://www.femininebodybuilding.com/images/smilies/DancingPig.gif- Tracy Bodner

LINK (http://www.femininebodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1171)

Tracy last competed at the 2007 NPC USA Championships...

LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ5gi586lXk)

HZ5gi586lXk

She is no stranger to bodybuilding...

LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIVWXGh16K8)

vIVWXGh16K8

ripitupbaby
02-12-2008, 01:59 AM
I'm very excited about this! Tracy's conditioning is OFF THE HOOK, and she belongs in BB where she can give it her all with her contest prep and represent the little girls well! :bowdown:

IslandGirl
02-12-2008, 03:55 AM
Thanks Sioux and Lori. I'm excited about this switch. I pondered over this idea for quite a few months, weighing all my options. I even made a mental list of pros and cons for both figure and bodybuilding as I slowly made my decision. It was a heavy burden on my shoulders which is so silly, I know.

I do owe alot to my husband Cameron. Without him, I would not be here today. I could not go forth without his blessings so I thank him for everything.

IslandGirl
02-12-2008, 03:59 AM
Oh and here is my "ticker". LOL

JasonLannigan
02-12-2008, 04:07 AM
Oh and here is my "ticker". LOL

lol That is neat!

How tall are you Trace?

And tell Cameron we need him over here too. :)

IslandGirl
02-12-2008, 04:12 AM
lol That is neat!

How tall are you Trace?

And tell Cameron we need him over here too. :)

Okay, I'll tell him to get his buttocks over. He just got sick tonight. He was well one minute and the next, he was/is sick like a dawg. Stomach flu, both ways. YUCK! I feel so bad for him! I can count on 1 hand how many times in the last 10 years, he has been sick enough to not go into work. Tonight is one of them. :(

I'm 5' 2". I'm a shorty. :waving:

Fitgirly
02-12-2008, 04:41 AM
That's OK Tracey, Im a shorty too...ahemm Im 4'11" :o

JasonLannigan
02-12-2008, 04:50 AM
I read somewhere that the average height for an American adult male is 5' 10", so I guess that qualifies me as a shorty too at 5' 9"! :D :p

Fitgirly
02-12-2008, 05:17 AM
I read somewhere that the average height for an American adult male is 5' 10", so I guess that qualifies me as a shorty too at 5' 9"! :D :p

LOL Oh, cmon Sioux!! Gimme a break, 1"!! :spank: You're alot closer to average height than me! :p

gymdiva
02-12-2008, 05:23 AM
'bout damn time woman!!! ;)

JasonLannigan
02-12-2008, 05:23 AM
LOL Oh, cmon Sioux!! Gimme a break, 1"!! :spank: You're alot closer to average height than me! :p

TRUTH! :D

IslandGirl
02-12-2008, 05:46 AM
That's OK Tracey, Im a shorty too...ahemm Im 4'11" :o

Welcome to the club. :grouphug:

IslandGirl
02-12-2008, 05:46 AM

Cam is 5' 9" too!

gymdiva
02-12-2008, 06:26 PM
oh hey, so I guess we need to change your title then!

SBT
02-12-2008, 06:38 PM
I think this is so cool!! I will be following along pretty closely too since I am thinking about making the swap myself!!! :clap:

JasonLannigan
02-12-2008, 07:32 PM

Indeed! :cool:

Shelly
02-12-2008, 09:44 PM
T-

You are gonna rock the stage as a BB cant wait to follow your prep!

IslandGirl
02-13-2008, 02:55 AM

lol, that is quite odd to see. :confused:

IslandGirl
02-13-2008, 02:57 AM
I think this is so cool!! I will be following along pretty closely too since I am thinking about making the swap myself!!! :clap:

Thanks Shannon. I'm so super excited! I can't wait to start my prep!

IslandGirl
Indeed! :cool:

Thanks SC!

IslandGirl
T-

You are gonna rock the stage as a BB cant wait to follow your prep!

Thank you!:kiss:

Quadrablue
02-13-2008, 03:01 AM
I am sooo looking forward to seeing not in the teapot ( my name for Figure girls) position....lol

I wish I could convince one of my clients to come to our side. She has the potential to be a very good bber.

What made you decide to finally switch?

IslandGirl
02-13-2008, 03:12 AM
I am sooo looking forward to seeing not in the teapot ( my name for Figure girls) position....lol

I wish I could convince one of my clients to come to our side. She has the potential to be a very good bber.

What made you decide to finally switch?

Thanks Athena!

:spit: @ teapot. That is a cute terminology. :rolf:

There are so many reason that made me finally decide to switch.

After I was told that I was too hard, too dry, too vascular when I competed at the USA's last year in figure and also to stop lifting weights.....I had to decide what I was going to do.

Hubby and I sat down and talked about what I was going to do this year. We finally decided that I was going to try figure one more time in '08. Bring a whole new package on stage and see what happens. But I had to change up my training...lighter weight, more reps etc... and I was just not happy at all. I went on for several months with my fire not burning too bright. :(

Then I sat hubby down and told him how I felt. We discussed it more and I started leaning more on one side than the other and just that alone, made me feel re-newed! It was pretty cool! I started up DC again and trained super heavy like how I LOVE too....and then I knew in my heart what I needed to do.

And so, here I am today.

gymdiva
02-13-2008, 03:13 AM
be honest, it's b/c I wouldn't leave you alone ;)

IslandGirl
02-13-2008, 03:14 AM
be honest, it's b/c I wouldn't leave you alone ;)

That 2. hehehe. ;)

Quadrablue
02-13-2008, 03:35 AM
Have you started prepping yet?

IslandGirl
02-13-2008, 03:38 AM
Have you started prepping yet?

Not yet. I'd like to start tanning tho' cuz' I know tan fat looks better than white fat. ;)

IslandGirl
02-13-2008, 03:39 AM
Hey A! I saw your pics of your contest that D posted and OMGoodness girl! You are PRO material. Forgive me if you are Pro from another federation as I don't follow those too well, but if you are not, YOU totally are pro material!

Quadrablue
02-13-2008, 03:47 AM
Hey A! I saw your pics of your contest that D posted and OMGoodness girl! You are PRO material. Forgive me if you are Pro from another federation as I don't follow those too well, but if you are not, YOU totally are pro material!

Are you talking to me?

IslandGirl
02-13-2008, 03:57 AM
Are you talking to me?

Yes ma'am.:waving:

Quadrablue
02-13-2008, 03:58 AM
Yes ma'am.:waving:

Well then thank you very much! :) That means a lot coming from you.

What pics did you see? Where?

IslandGirl
02-13-2008, 04:02 AM

hang on.

brb

IslandGirl
02-13-2008, 04:05 AM

http://www.twixpix.com/contests/BC07/BC07-BB056.html

IslandGirl
02-13-2008, 04:06 AM
Those pics! Amazing conditioning! Yowzas!!!:bowdown:

Mightymouse
02-13-2008, 05:42 PM
That is so awesome Tracy, best of luck and I will see you there. yeah :cool:

dallas3
02-13-2008, 05:46 PM
What an event it's going to be especially with IG and Claire going to be on stage...can't wait to cheer both of you on:respect:

IslandGirl
02-13-2008, 06:56 PM

What an event it's going to be especially with IG and Claire going to be on stage...can't wait to cheer both of you on:respect:

I can't wait to meet you Claire! It'll be so much fun. But please be a middleweight. lol! ;)

JasonLannigan
02-13-2008, 06:59 PM

Welcome, Mightymouse! ;)

dvsness
02-13-2008, 08:50 PM
I knew this was coming. ;)

cray17
02-13-2008, 09:03 PM
This year's USAs are so gonna own now!

I said this at FB.com, and I'll say it here:

For those that dare challenge the ladies here (IslandGirl, MightMouse, and others):

"Ya'll got less than six months to get ya act together...good luck!"

:awesome:

IslandGirl
02-14-2008, 05:30 AM
I knew this was coming. ;)

I knew you knew that it was comin'. ;)

IslandGirl
02-14-2008, 05:30 AM
This year's USAs are so gonna own now!

I said this at FB.com, and I'll say it here:

For those that dare challenge the ladies here (IslandGirl, MightMouse, and others):

"Ya'll got less than six months to get ya act together...good luck!"

:awesome:

Hey cray! :awesome:

NPCIN
02-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Tracy good luck in your prep for the USA's. Can't wait to meet up with you and Cam again. I will be there with Isabelle unless she kills me while she's dieting.LOL

IslandGirl
02-16-2008, 05:20 AM
Tracy good luck in your prep for the USA's. Can't wait to meet up with you and Cam again. I will be there with Isabelle unless she kills me while she's dieting.LOL

Thanks David! So I guess I'll be seeing you both there. Cool.

ISABELLE TURELL
02-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Oh this is going to be AWESOME. I'm really excited for you Tracy:awesome1:

JasonLannigan
02-16-2008, 06:19 PM

Hi Isabelle! :waving:

Welcome to our board. :awesome:

ISABELLE TURELL
02-16-2008, 06:24 PM
I will be there with Isabelle unless she kills me while she's dieting.LOL

Awww how sweet! thanks Bam Bam! I love you too honey:kiss:"nutsk:
David you are too much. LOL Just promise me baby you wont eat all my food or I may be forced to take action:ASB:

ISABELLE TURELL
02-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Hi Isabelle! :waving:

Welcome to our board. :awesome:
Hey Sioux:waving:

What a great board you have here. :respect: David has been talking about it nostop.:)

JasonLannigan
02-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Hey Sioux:waving:

What a great board you have here. :respect: David has been talking about it nostop.:)

Thank you! This is just the beginning. Once the contests start everyone will have more to read, and of course PICS! :)

NPCIN
02-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Tracy...yes, you'll be seeing both of us there. I believe we fly in on Weds. It's good to see you making the switch over to Bbing. Cam and I will have to go eat some buffets.LOL

Yep, I've been talking about the board non-stop as I know Sioux will make this the best female board in due time. This board will grow tremendously and I'll help Sioux any way I can.

IslandGirl
02-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Hey Belle! I'm excited about this switch. I think it is where I belong.

It'll be cool to finally meet you.

Oh and :aloha: to you! Glad you joined this awesome board.

IslandGirl
02-16-2008, 09:50 PM
LOL! I think I remember reading on MD that he stole your food??? hehehe....bad boy! He needs a spanking!

David you are too much. LOL Just promise me baby you wont eat all my food or I may be forced to take action:ASB:

IslandGirl
02-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Not sure what our definite plans are, but I think Cam made the reservations for hotel on Tues or Wed. Where are you guys going to be staying at?

We want to hit Todai's sushi buffet again. That was awesome!

Tracy...yes, you'll be seeing both of us there. I believe we fly in on Weds. It's good to see you making the switch over to Bbing. Cam and I will have to go eat some buffets.LOL

Yep, I've been talking about the board non-stop as I know Sioux will make this the best female board in due time. This board will grow tremendously and I'll help Sioux any way I can.

NPCIN
02-16-2008, 10:45 PM

Isabelle, If your name isn't written on it...it's fair game.LOL
Tracy...I'll PM you the info on where we are staying. I highly recommend you and any clients that you guys may have to stay there. You really can't beat all what you get for the price and the location.

FigureRX
02-21-2008, 07:14 AM
My big logistical wish for the USA's is that Jan Tana book a room in the correct Embassy Suites (the host hotel) this time. Last year they were at the wrong one. In fact our team is personally holding an extra room for them just in case!!

MoreMuscles1
02-21-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm excited about this switch. I think it is where I belong.

Congratulations again on the switch, IslandGirl! You are a real bodybuilder at heart, I could see it all along. I can't wait to see your pics come contest time.

IslandGirl
02-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Isabelle, If your name isn't written on it...it's fair game.LOL
Tracy...I'll PM you the info on where we are staying. I highly recommend you and any clients that you guys may have to stay there. You really can't beat all what you get for the price and the location.

Go get him Belle! j/k David! ;)

Thanks for the pm.

IslandGirl
02-21-2008, 01:49 PM
My big logistical wish for the USA's is that Jan Tana book a room in the correct Embassy Suites (the host hotel) this time. Last year they were at the wrong one. In fact our team is personally holding an extra room for them just in case!!

Hey Stephen. To my knowledge, JanTana had tried to book their room, but it was already full which is the reason for being at the other Embassy Suites (this was told to a client of ours who had app't set up with JT...she actually then canceled with them and went with Mary at Protan). But that mighty kind of you to hold that extra room for them.

IslandGirl
02-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Congratulations again on the switch, IslandGirl! You are a real bodybuilder at heart, I could see it all along. I can't wait to see your pics come contest time.

Thank you so very much! I really appreciate your kind words.

Lynx
02-21-2008, 08:44 PM
:awesome: Glad you will be doing bbing Trace! Can't wait to see your package!:awesome:

IslandGirl
02-21-2008, 08:51 PM
:awesome: Glad you will be doing bbing Trace! Can't wait to see your package!:awesome:

:hug: Lynx is here!!! Yippee!

Lynx
02-21-2008, 08:51 PM
:hug: Lynx is here!!! Yippee!

:hiding:

IslandGirl
02-21-2008, 09:04 PM
hahaha...u can't hide from IG!!!

peek-a-boo:SBT:

Lynx
02-21-2008, 09:23 PM
:waving:

JasonLannigan
02-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Welcome, Meredith! :waving:

Lynx
02-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Welcome, Meredith! :waving:

Thanks Sioux! :kiss:

NPCIN
02-22-2008, 01:02 AM
Thanks Sioux! :kiss:

Well....look what the cat drug in.LOL Tell your better half I said hi. Wish you guys were going to Vegas this year. It was fun training with Gary Strydom.haha I'll try to give you guys a call this weekend.

Lynx
02-22-2008, 04:54 AM
Well....look what the cat drug in.LOL Tell your better half I said hi. Wish you guys were going to Vegas this year. It was fun training with Gary Strydom.haha I'll try to give you guys a call this weekend.

Hey you! I was just thinking about giving you a call! I'll do it when Gary's with me. :D

IslandGirl
02-22-2008, 05:20 AM

Hey Gary used to (I thought he still did, but I'm not too sure) train with one of our buddies from Hawaii, Joe. Good looking guy.

Lynx
02-22-2008, 05:25 AM
Hey Gary used to (I thought he still did, but I'm not too sure) train with one of our buddies from Hawaii, Joe. Good looking guy.

Dang right he's good lookin'! :D

IslandGirl
02-22-2008, 05:30 AM

Ok, Meredith reminded me what this meant. :LOLOL: