PDA

View Full Version : How about a Political Monster section

ibarramedia
09-11-2008, 12:33 AM
I noticed some political discussions out here recently. How about a political monster section here in Siouxcountry? In here you can debate politics and current events. Please no personal attacks. Feel free to discuss this. And if approved by the Admin and Mods, all related threads can be consolidated here.

Musclepapa John
09-11-2008, 01:46 AM
I noticed some political discussions out here recently. How about a political monster section here in Siouxcountry? In here you can debate politics and current events. Please no personal attacks. Feel free to discuss this. And if approved by the Admin and Mods, all related threads can be consolidated here.

"Politics" is pretty broad not to be confused for a pretty broad.:popcorn:

xena
09-11-2008, 02:40 AM
"Politics" is pretty broad not to be confused for a pretty broad.:popcorn:
:rolf: Good one! :)

xena
09-11-2008, 02:40 AM

Sounds like a good idea Ibarr! I like it. :awesome:

JasonLannigan
09-11-2008, 02:47 AM
Do you mean a forum devoted to politics?

Femphysiquefan
09-11-2008, 02:54 AM
What's wrong with the forum we're already in?? It says on the forum description that in here, we can "chat about everything and anything."

JasonLannigan
09-11-2008, 02:55 AM
What's wrong with the forum we're already in??

Nothing.

ibarramedia
09-11-2008, 02:55 AM
Do you mean a forum devoted to politics?

Yes Sir. That is correct. I personally am not a political junkie nor am I an expert on politics. But for the benefit of the community, I thought they might find an appropriate home. A lot of other message board forums, not just the FBB/FIT/FIG forums have a section for politics.....

ibarramedia
09-11-2008, 02:56 AM
What's wrong with the forum we're already in?? It says on the forum description that in here, we can "chat about everything and anything."

It was just a suggestion.

ibarramedia
09-11-2008, 03:18 AM

If you are literally going by the forum description, then you may as well disband the AnglicanBeachParty Art forum and mix in all the art topics here. (I like the ABP forum where it is at) Another thing, forum members interested in discussing politics can see all their topics organized together instead of having to hunt them down.

The political discussions by members are pretty serious and not just casual small talk or chit-chat. This is similar to a filing cabinet. You have files organized into sections and not everything just thrown in there. (At least I hope not) Does it make sense?

Musclepapa John
09-11-2008, 03:22 AM
If you are literally going by the forum description, then you may as well disband the AnglicanBeachParty Art forum and mix in all the art topics here. (I like the ABP forum where it is at) Another thing, forum members interested in discussing politics can see all their topics organized together instead of having to hunt them down.

The political discussions by members are pretty serious and not just casual small talk or chit-chat. This is similar to a filing cabinet. You have files organized into sections and not everything just thrown in there. (At least I hope not) Does it make sense?

Thoughtful explanation. Seems appropriate when peeps like me are yapping about the House of Faud as opposed to Powerhouse Gym in recent posts.

Musclepapa John
09-11-2008, 03:23 AM
:rolf: Good one! :)

Thanks you are a good one two ya pretty br,..lady :D

musclefox
09-11-2008, 03:35 AM
Thanks you are a good one two ya pretty br,..lady :D

Your'e darn right she's good -or- you ain't just whistlin' dixie (if you prefer)

Musclepapa John
09-11-2008, 03:41 AM
Your'e darn right she's good -or- you ain't just whistlin' dixie (if you prefer)

:kiss:

musclefox
09-11-2008, 03:46 AM
:kiss:

:yw:

:nicethread:

Femphysiquefan
09-11-2008, 04:12 AM

Yes, that makes sense, and understand I wasn't trying to piss on your idea or make you feel foolish. It's just that it seems to make better sense to have ONE forum in which ANY topic goes, rather than a whole bunch of individual forums, each one dedicated to its own topic. If we did that, then where would it end?? We could end up having so many individual forums on specific topics that the list alone could comprise several pages, and that would be a big hassle. Also though, from what I understand Paul pays SC a certain amount each month in order to have that individual forum to help SC defray operational costs for running the website, hence the separate forum from "chat and introduction." I'm not for sure if SC has to pay more for each forum that gets created here or not, but if he does that's another reason to keep the number of forums small. I hope that clarifies where I am coming from on this subject. :D

Also, though......even though it IS organized, at first glance my filing cabinet DOES look like everything is thrown in there.:LOLOL:

FemFlex
09-11-2008, 04:27 AM

I don't like that idea.

There are plenty of other boards where these same exact folks can and do "have it out" over politics.

What I've found is that the demeanor which becomes the norm in the "politics" section soon bleeds over to the other areas.

ibarramedia
09-11-2008, 04:44 AM
I don't like that idea.

There are plenty of other boards where these same exact folks can and do "have it out" over politics.

What I've found is that the demeanor which becomes the norm in the "politics" section soon bleeds over to the other areas.

Ah, the irony of it all. I get the inside message though....

anglicanbeachparty
09-11-2008, 11:37 AM
I don't like that idea.

I like the way you think! :LOLOL: :LOLOL: :LOLOL:

musclefox
09-11-2008, 12:32 PM
I like the way you think! :LOLOL: :LOLOL: :LOLOL:

You guys are friggin' hilarious....:rolf:

AirHarp
09-11-2008, 12:46 PM
I think there will be less talks of politics once the election is over. just b/c a couple people are talking about some thing does mean tjey need there own forum.
a forum should have a main topic that MANY subtopic can comw from. yes politics is that way but not here so much. people will talk about big sensational political issues like Palin's baby, but we wonlt be having a lot of threads discussing what was on C Span today.