PDA

View Full Version : Any one else get ANXIOUS before starting a prep?

fitmomma3
03-07-2008, 01:44 PM
I am super duper anxious this time around I can't get it in my head straight? I don't know if that means I'm not ready... I'm almost talking myself out of it constantly? Grrrr.... I just need to bite the bullet and commit but for some reason the words Jr. Nats make me have butterflies... I was so determined and excited ... now I'm uneasy and unsure. What do you guys do when you feel like this I know in my heart I'm up for it, but my head's screwy and I feel extremely overwhelmed... I KNOW if I talk myself out of it I'll regret it greatly!

ripitupbaby
03-07-2008, 01:58 PM
I do get anxious when I am starting to get myself ready for prep and thinking about everything that needs to come together over the next few months.

Just treat it like any other prep you have done...no reason to approach it differently. This far out, all you need to do is take that nervous energy and dive right into the prep....use it to help you focus and get into your routine.

Being anxious this far out just means that you are invested in it mentally already, so you just need to focus that energy in the right direction. No need to REALLY start getting nervous until a few weeks out, and by then, you'll be looking so good that you won't have to worry about it!

Shelly
03-07-2008, 01:58 PM
listen girl...
ASK YOURSELF.... what have you got to lose????? YOU worked your booty off this offseason and you know it. you have done what you can do to bring your best package forward into competiton prep. everyone gets uneasy, not sure if they are ready, butterflies etc.... but what is the WORST that happens. you DO IT, not place as well as you had maybe hoped...and you work on your overall package again! I think thats not a bad thing at all!!

Its hard to switch into "prep mode"and i def get anxious thinking about that as well sometimes...the strictness of it, contstantly being on-the-go. but those same obstacles are why a lot of us love the sport. pushing ourseleves to the limit every day.... unwrapping the present that lies beneath the hours of lifting and couple lbs of fat. its a fun journey, and yes it can be overwhelming... but throw your head in it, and JUST DO IT!

We are here supporting you all the way!! :D

IslandGirl
03-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Believe in yourself!

I can see why you are anxioux. This is the big stage. National level! But you know what? It is all the same. Treat it like any other prep. You give it your ALL, 110%!

Just as long as you know you did everything that you had control over, that is all that matters! Noone can take that away from you.

We support you Steph!

SBT
03-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Yup you got a heck of a support group right here thats for sure :D

fitmomma3
03-07-2008, 02:25 PM
THANKS GUYS! I feel like a big ol cry baby LOL I don't usually get this bad...I NEED to mentally get squared away with a quickness It'll probably just take a few weeks for me to get in the groove :) I still have 3 more weeks before I officially start dieting... I'm not keeping a journal though fully this time, I'll check in but not a full journal... I need to really focus on sleep this prep last one I was averaging 5-6 hours if I was lucky I'm all about even better time management this time around... if I won the lottery I think my stress would be gone:cool:...lmao!

Shelly
03-07-2008, 02:29 PM
oh stop i am the same way lol

i cant believe you start preppin three weeks! where has time gone!!! is that the only show on your agenda?? did you fig out suits? sorry dont mean to add to your stress with all of ny q's....

how many weeks out are you starting?

fitmomma3
03-07-2008, 02:33 PM
oh stop i am the same way lol

i cant believe you start preppin three weeks! where has time gone!!! is that the only show on your agenda?? did you fig out suits? sorry dont mean to add to your stress with all of ny q's....

how many weeks out are you starting?
No the whole suit thing is "undecided" I can't decide colors, who to get them from, stoning them myself? lol it will all come together it always does...
I start 12 weeks out, I wanted earlier cause I'm a spaz but no 12 weeks is max for me, so I don't lose too much, last time I did 10, but 12 is a good point this time as I'm a little heavier.

For right now this is my one show for the year... but we'll seee......

SBT
03-07-2008, 03:23 PM
you are gonna fly right through the 12 weeks i am sure of it :)

I think it will all come together nicely as well!

Shelly
03-07-2008, 05:14 PM
No the whole suit thing is "undecided" I can't decide colors, who to get them from, stoning them myself? lol it will all come together it always does...
I start 12 weeks out, I wanted earlier cause I'm a spaz but no 12 weeks is max for me, so I don't lose too much, last time I did 10, but 12 is a good point this time as I'm a little heavier.

For right now this is my one show for the year... but we'll seee......

well just like you said itll all pull together and your jitters will subside!!

YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!!!:bowdown:

JasonLannigan
03-07-2008, 05:55 PM
I added you to our list... LINK (http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=67)

:waving:

fitmomma3
03-15-2008, 12:57 AM
WOOP!! Just need to BUMP and say IT"S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!! lmao! Don't know what happened but something just CLICKED!!!! BAM I'm ready :) I LOVE THIS FEELING!!!! Thank God I start mentally prepping myself around 16 weeks out because it takes me sometime to adjust... 14 weeks tomorrow...let the GAMES BEGIN! Seriously bought a new prep/food/cooler bag and everything (lmao its a new prep ritual...weird I know) And of course ate my last junk food MEAL until it hurt!

fitmomma3
03-15-2008, 12:58 AM
I added you to our list... LINK (http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=67)

:waving:thanks Sioux... something as simple as a list makes it official :)

JasonLannigan
03-15-2008, 01:05 AM
thanks Sioux... something as simple as a list makes it official :)

You're welcome my friend. :)

I'll be supporting you all the way!

fitmomma3
03-15-2008, 01:11 AM
You're welcome my friend. :)

I'll be supporting you all the way!
Awww so sweet Sioux :kiss: I hope to do nothing more than BRING MY BEST!

Ondrea
03-15-2008, 02:09 AM
Steph, you remember how I felt way back when I started my prep for the AC...it seems so long ago! And you know how I have been feeling this last week..so I know where you are coming from. But think of how great you feel when you are deep into the prep. Focus and keep your mind set on Jr Nationals. You know you want this.

jlay
03-15-2008, 02:45 AM
I think being anxious starting out is pretty normal. It just shows how much it means to you. If it did not mean much to you, you would not have the drive & discipline to do as well as you have done in the past. You definitely have a passion for it & you'll get in the groove in no time! I hope you enjoyed your junk food! I am so excited for you!