PDA

View Full Version : My history

nabba65pp
03-08-2008, 02:14 PM
I have been driving tractor trailer for the past 15 yrs off and on mostly long haul and gone 3 to 4 weeks at a time. At the end of 2005 I had a local job and competed in 2007 at the NABBA Nationals, 40 and over and open mens novice placed 5th in the 40 and over class and 4th in the open men novice. I was pleased with the out come I was the best I could be on that day.
As fate would have it days before that show I lost my local job and knew I had to find a job which I did, but it was long haul ( had to feed the family) so I took it, the monday after the show I was in my new truck heading to cali with toilet paper..lol (seriously) I was bitter because I had plans for this year to be bigger and better and wanted to try and promote myself into making some money in this industry ( i am not delusional I know I am not pro material, but I was thinking along the line of training and such) Finally last week I landed a local driving job and hoping it pans out so I can pick up where I left off, as of now I plan on competeing in the Nabba National show I did last year which is in Oct. I bit myself in the ass while I was over the road I did not train and eat properly(due to bitterness and feeling sorry for my self) so I am behind the eight ball so to speak. The good thing is I am not fat just back to the average joe.I have my work cut out for me and I hope I can at least look as well as I did last Oct. anyway thanks for reading and sorry it is long. Also I want to state I do have a supportive wife which makes this alot easier for me.( In marraige I am the luckiest man to have found a wonderful wife) 3 and a half ys she has put up with my Sh*t and I do my best for her also which sometimes I feel is not good enough. Any way if this isnt boring and u made it to the end feel free to chime in.

SBT
03-08-2008, 02:47 PM
I read through quickly and will chime in later, but glad to have you here ;)

jenscats5
03-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Welcome!! Way to do it - fall off the wagon & get right back on....good luck with your goals!

KP DIVA
03-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Much success 2u...we all fall off the wagon at times!!! You can do it!

Shelly
03-08-2008, 04:27 PM
wow what a story!! i think we all have interesing tales about ourseleves...thank you for sharing yours with us!!

welcome!! we are glad to have you here! :D:D

ripitupbaby
03-08-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm glad you're getting back to it. Best of luck to you this year!!

:awesome:

IslandGirl
03-08-2008, 08:44 PM
:aloha:

What a testimony! Thanks for sharing it with us.